• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virgin GAF thread Q & A

Status
Not open for further replies.
LunaClover said:
Not true, just having some balls confidence goes a long way in helping the panties slide off, regardless of the security level of the woman. Its the whole "you know what you want, and your going to get it" thing that is a turn on for both genders.

Why is this not related to confidence? I just don't see why trying to come off as a manly man or a bad boy is needed if you are just confident. You shouldn't project anything that isn't genuine. It's the confidence in being yourself that I find attractive. If that entails you acting in a way that a woman would consider "bad", than good for you. I disagree with trying to impose that upon your personality, however. Haven't you guys seen Aladdin recently?

Last opinion, gotta go- for those who wait, you've actually got the upper hand. You tell a girl you are a vcard carrier, you've got a 1 in 2 chance she's going to "teach" you things, and well that's just fun. Feel free to PM if you really do have a question, im out for the night.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
BenThereGamer said:
Why is this not related to confidence? I just don't see why trying to come off as a manly man or a bad boy is needed if you are just confident. You shouldn't project anything that isn't genuine. It's the confidence in being yourself that I find attractive. If that entails you acting in a way that a woman would consider "bad", than good for you. I disagree with trying to impose that upon your personality, however. Haven't you guys seen Aladdin recently?

I agree with this, you don't have to pretend to be a bad boy or a hard ass if that's not who you are, as long as you believe in who you are and what you do that's all that counts.

And I don't think disagreeing with them sometimes makes you a "bad boy", it just makes you honest.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
BenThereGamer said:

Some people don't have to "act" like a man.

298735_f520.jpg

WanderingWind said:
Some people don't have to "act" like a man.

What would you define as "man"?

For me it entails having a certain kind of genitalia, but I don't know how you would act that out if you weren't born with it.

Spokeys

Almost 21 year old virgin here. I've had my chances to get close to a girl but I always somehow screw it up.

Like for instance, about two summers ago a friend had bonfires every Friday that I'd attend. I got to know this girl who also came to them. We would chat it up every night and always end up being the last ones up till like 5 am. I remember one night being close to her talking rather depressingly about what the fuck i'm gonna do with my life when suddenly she just comes face to face with me and starts petting my hair. I just stare at her silent (probably looking like an asshole) and she just backs away. :lol

I've never been intimately close to a girl whatsoever. This bothers me and then again, it doesn't. I'm pretty social. I have my group of friends and I go to parties almost every weekend.

I think part of the problem is that i'm terrible at physical interaction. It just weirds me out for some reason. My solution is just to get drunk which i've been doing a lot :lol. I can check out the bar scene when i'm 21 so that might help me out i'm thinking.

Oh, and i have no car and no job right now so that's probably a problem too. :lol

WanderingWind

BenThereGamer said:
What would you define as "man"?

For me it entails having a certain kind of genitalia, but I don't know how you would act that out if you weren't born with it.

If you

A) Claim that people only "act" manly
and/or
B) Have to ask what that is

Then you'll never get it.

Quagm1r3

Still a virgin at 18. I get bugged about it a lot, but I'd be a fool to give sex more priority than the thousands of other things I have to worry about (Staying on the dean's list, martial arts performances, pledging a fraternity, etc.). It brings me comfort that most people think I'm more experienced than I am; I figure it's only a matter of time, and I'm in no hurry.

I know this counts as a common sense tip and whatnot, but when you're actually losing it, for the love of God try and last as long as you can without cumming. How to do so is hard for me to explain, maybe GAF can help you out there.

WanderingWind said:
If you

A) Claim that people only "act" manly
and/or
B) Have to ask what that is

Then you'll never get it.

If you

A) Can't explain it

Then I would suggest that it is a concept you have created. My point is that no two people's definitions are the same.

WanderingWind

BenThereGamer said:
If you

A) Can't explain it

Then I would suggest that it is a concept you have created. My point is that no two people's definitions are the same.

Yes. I created the concept of "male." Bow to me.

Shanadeus

Banned
Whoompthereitis said:
Here's my advice...

Don't be too nice. I'm not saying you should act all manipulative like those douches with elaborate furry hats who write books and shit, but you should have at least a bit of danger to you.

Always make yourself seem like a bit of a bad boy, even if you're a loser who spends all your time on GAF arguing about Bayonetta vs. God of War.

Basically, don't be afraid to be A MALE. Straight women like males, so give 'em what they like. You can be respectful and considerate, but if you act too 'nice' you'll end up in the friend zone faster than you can fucking imagine. You don't have to be all creepy and lecherous, but you should definitely embrace the fact that you're a man, and therefore are different from her in some key ways. Don't be afraid to disagree with her. If she's into Twilight and you think it's bullshit, express yourself. As long as you're not a jerk about it it'll be fine. Remember, they're not looking for another girlfriend with the exact same interests as them.

Most importantly, if you're in a moment where it seems appropriate, try and kiss her. Don't bring up the fact that maybe kissing might be fun thing to try blah blah blah...just kiss her. If she doesn't respond, no big deal. Apologize and move on, don't make a big deal of it.

And here's the best pickup line you can ever use:

'Hello'

And in order for a bunch of virgins not to get slapped, use your manliness with wisdom.
Please try to figure out the difference between a maybe and someone who definitely isn't attracted to you.

I'm sure some Pua will advice you all to view all women as attracted to you, in order to boost your confidence.

Don't.

grumble

WanderingWind said:
Yes. I created the concept of "male." Bow to me.

I agree with this dude. There is such a thing as being a man, gnerally having to do with instincts. Hunt, protect, dominate, all that fun stuff.

LunaClover said:
Last opinion, gotta go- for those who wait, you've actually got the upper hand. You tell a girl you are a vcard carrier, you've got a 1 in 2 chance she's going to "teach" you things, and well that's just fun. Feel free to PM if you really do have a question, im out for the night.

I was about to post this. I lost my virginity to a girlfriend, so I can't say from experience, but I have at least one buddy who lost it to a random girl he met at a bar (he was 23 at the time). I'm not sure whether or not he said he was a virgin, but there are definitely women out there who seem to be attracted to virgins or inexperienced men. So don't let the fact that you've never had sex be a psychological hindrance to you, it could very well work in your favor. Especially with older women!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
BenThereGamer said:

I'm with you on this, but I've always stayed clear from this battle on the gaf thread about picking up women. I'll just say this. All the girls I've known or know now love confident guys, but only about 10% of them dig the bad boy. I'd say another 10% don't care either way, but most of my friends who are girls actively steer clear of the bad boy. Some of them have been vocal about it too.

I'm with Shanadeus in that throw some wisdom out with that "manliness," and I to wouldn't follow Pua's advice. That's all I'll speak on this though.

LunaClover said:
Most american girls have never really seen uncut men due to the rediculous unecessary tradition, so they might find it unapealing. Depends on the girl. IMO -uncut is better, as they've got an extra layer of awesomeness.

you are now my favorite poster.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Atramental said:
Lol yah. I'm a closet liberal atheist that goes to one of the most conservative Christian universities in the US, who lives with a family of conservative Christians. My life is nothing but irony.

Thanks, man. 3 more years to go... T_T

Probably.

Edit: I'll post a question as soon as I think of one.

Is it as bad as im imagining or do most people just not pay too much attention to the rules? I'd hate to go there, why did you decide to go to such a place if it is so radically different to what you are?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
This advice has always worked for me;

Have you ever noticed how much easier it is to talk to a girl when you're not attracted/interested in her? Well it's probably because you don't care what she thinks of you or what you do. So, all you have to do is convince yourself that you're not actually interested in the girl you're interested in. :lol

It doesn't make a lot of sense, but it really works.

grumble

Conceited said:
This advice has always worked for me;

Have you ever noticed how much easier it is to talk to a girl when you're not attracted/interested in her? Well it's probably because you don't care what she thinks of you or what you do. So, all you have to do is convince yourself that you're not actually interested in the girl you're interested in. :lol

It doesn't make a lot of sense, but it really works.

I agree. It makes you a lot more calm and smooth. The issue is that it can go too far and you start rejecting her.

Sex is no big deal. Really, once you iniatially lose your virginity, you'll realise it's no big deal. But it's a big deal when you still have it, BUT NOT FOR ME. When I was a virgin, I let everyone know I was one, so what? Jesus. You see, I was a virgin all this while till 21 and then all of a sudden I lost it, just don't think about it, it'll happen. And same to getting girls, don't think about, when you over-think it, or start thinking how your going to approach her, you will fail. Just do it, start with a "hi...." and go on. If she rejects you, laugh about it, tell you friends how much of a fail you are etc....

Trust me, have fun, be confident, just enjoy your life at the moment. In my eyes, when girls see you have fun, you're automatically seen as higher than the rest of those guys there, and they would want to approach you. And your guy friends are the best for doing this sort of shit. Go to bars, dress unique. Don't be afraid to be you. If your a lousy loser that loves playing Call of Duty: MW 2 a lot like an addict, let em' know. I did, guess what? It works, it doesn't work to get girls, but your honest.

I'm no Taylor Lautner, but I'm good looking, average, I don't workout or anything.

NEVER FUCKING LIE, hear that? DON'T FUCKING LIE. Period, girls hate nothing more than a liar.

mandiller

Whoompthereitis said:
Here's my advice...

Don't be too nice. I'm not saying you should act all manipulative like those douches with elaborate furry hats who write books and shit, but you should have at least a bit of danger to you.

Always make yourself seem like a bit of a bad boy, even if you're a loser who spends all your time on GAF arguing about Bayonetta vs. God of War.

Basically, don't be afraid to be A MALE. Straight women like males, so give 'em what they like. You can be respectful and considerate, but if you act too 'nice' you'll end up in the friend zone faster than you can fucking imagine. You don't have to be all creepy and lecherous, but you should definitely embrace the fact that you're a man, and therefore are different from her in some key ways. Don't be afraid to disagree with her. If she's into Twilight and you think it's bullshit, express yourself. As long as you're not a jerk about it it'll be fine. Remember, they're not looking for another girlfriend with the exact same interests as them.

Most importantly, if you're in a moment where it seems appropriate, try and kiss her. Don't bring up the fact that maybe kissing might be fun thing to try blah blah blah...just kiss her. If she doesn't respond, no big deal. Apologize and move on, don't make a big deal of it.

'Hello'

I think this is the best advice I've ever seen on GAF. You can trust this, I've learnt that all of this is true during my 2+ year relationship so far.

Most women don't want someone they can control and manipulate. If you think you're being manipulated by her, you're doing it wrong. They'll lose interest in you as you don't display the qualities women look for in a partner. They want someone strong (and I don't mean physically) who is not afraid to take the lead, make decisions. They want to walk down the street with their arm around you and go 'this is my guy' to every woman they cross paths with. If it's the other way around and you're hanging off them, then they'll think they can do better and go and look for someone who matches what they're looking for.

Of course it goes without saying, you don't have to be some manly chest-beating man, you just need to have the confidence to be yourself and take the lead. Also do not be a jerk. You can display all these qualities without being a jerk, so do that.

Ettie

Alright, here's my question for the ladies.

1. What do you (read: women) do when your partner is big enough to cause pain? No amount of staying shallow helps.

-PXG-

Whoompthereitis said:
Here's my advice...

'Hello'

True dat.

In other words, don't be pussy. Grow some balls and be man. BE YOURSELF.

HiResDes

I like how the OP assumes that all virgins are voluntarily holding on to their vcards...I mean c'mon I can't be the only loser who can't get a women to sleep with him without having to hand over money. : (

NinjaFridge said:
Is it as bad as im imagining or do most people just not pay too much attention to the rules?
Yeah. It's bad. Other students and faculty are constantly watching you... Plenty of people have already been expelled for just kissing their significant other.

Like I've said in a previous post: I'm soooo glad I'm not a campus/dorm student.

I'd hate to go there, why did you decide to go to such a place…
I didn't have much of a choice. My parents think that anything that is secular (e.g. public education) is bad by default. Which is probably the reason why I went to a private Christian school ever since I was 5... Oh, another reason why I'm going to BJU is because my parents blew all their fucking money on my private Christian education and can't afford to send me to another University, like Clemson or the University of South Carolina.

…if it is so radically different to what you are?
When I first stared classes at BJU I considered myself to be a Christian deist and a moderate on the political spectrum.

grumble

evil solrac v3.0 said:
oh, we got you the first time. well..... make sure she is nice and relaxed and lubricated. obviously.

Agreed. This has been an issue, and I've taken to just having a tiny squeeze-tube of lube around whenever I go somewhere where sex is a possibility. Girls to loosen up over time though, so if she's tight to start off with give it a month or two and you'll find that she can accommodate. Lube, plenty of sexual excitement and if all else fails just progress over time.

WanderingWind

grumble said:
Agreed. This has been an issue, and I've taken to just having a tiny squeeze-tube of lube around whenever I go somewhere where sex is a possibility. Girls to loosen up over time though, so if she's tight to start off with give it a month or two and you'll find that she can accommodate. Lube, plenty of sexual excitement and if all else fails just progress over time.

Yeah, the poor kid. He was thinking he was going to get pats on the back for have the World's Biggest Wang...when in reality? He's not exciting his girl enough. :lol

Babies come out of there, man. Your pecker isn't too big to fit. Sorry.

aoi tsuki

Ettenra said:
Alright, here's my question for the ladies.

1. What do you (read: women) do when your partner is big enough to cause pain? No amount of staying shallow helps.
1. She needs to be really aroused -- lots of foreplay and attention on her (which should be normal).
2. She should be in a position where she can control entry, and you need to take things extremely slowly.
3. Lube helps, even if she's already wet. As does a glass of wine for her if she drinks.

Women give birth to babies -- your cock's not gonna tear her in two.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Atramental said:
Yeah. It's bad. Other students and faculty are constantly watching you... Plenty of people have already been expelled for just kissing their significant other.

Like I've said in a previous post: I'm soooo glad I'm not a campus/dorm student.

I didn't have much of a choice. My parents think that anything that is secular (e.g. public education) is bad by default. Which is probably the reason why I went to a private Christian school ever since I was 5... Oh, another reason why I'm going to BJU is because my parents blew all their fucking money on my private Christian education and can't afford to send me to another University, like Clemson or the University of South Carolina.

When I first stared classes at BJU I considered myself to be a Christian deist and a moderate on the political spectrum.

You must have the patience of a fucking saint man, i would have bailed at this stage.

JDSN

Banned
Lost my virginity at 21, looking back, they reason it took me that long to lose it is because I thought that there was something wrong with me and that until I was fixed I need to hide it from "relationship material" until I was "normal again". After it all went down I realized that I was a normal dude who settled for less and couldnt brothered to gather the strenght to look for a connection.

My random advice: Try to hesitate as little as possible in front of the person you want, show her/him you have a strong core with clearly defined characteristics and if that person finds it appealing, all you gotta do is not fuck up until you have an opportunity to go for the kiss (or tit grab if you are drunk enough). Oh and be honest about your virginal status, if you are starting to feel the pressure when sexual stuff is brought out (and you will feel it), say it as naturally as possible and if she asks why then tell her, but not that you are waiting for the one cos then she'll think you are jus trying to go for the pity fuck, when I had to answer it I said "I guess I just didnt give a fuck".

Ettie

WanderingWind said:
Yeah, the poor kid. He was thinking he was going to get pats on the back for have the World's Biggest Wang...when in reality? He's not exciting his girl enough. :lol

Babies come out of there, man. Your pecker isn't too big to fit. Sorry.

My post may have led you to believe I was claiming otherwise, but there's nothing special about me.

LunaClover said:
Most american girls have never really seen uncut men due to the rediculous unecessary tradition, so they might find it unapealing. Depends on the girl. IMO -uncut is better, as they've got an extra layer of awesomeness.

An uncut penis looks just like a cut one once the skin is pulled back all the way.

NinjaFridge said:
You must have the patience of a fucking saint man, i would have bailed at this stage.
Yeah, I had abstinence drilled into my head ever since I was 13 and boy has it messed me up. I used to have terrible nightmares of losing my virginity and then dieing shortly after. I would be up in heaven and God would just look at me in my dream and just shake his head. :lol

Also, I used to go months without masturbating in fear that I would make Jesus upset with me. :lol

Anyways, at least I can look on the bright side that I only got 4 or 5 weeks of school left before I get out for the summer.

Atramental said:
Yeah, I had abstinence drilled into my head ever since I was 13 and boy has it messed me up. I used to have terrible nightmares of losing my virginity and then dieing shortly after. I would be up in heaven and God would just look at me in my dream and just shake his head. :lol

Also, I used to go months without masturbating in fear that I would make Jesus upset with me. :lol

Anyways, at least I can look on the bright side that I only got 4 or 5 weeks of school left before I get out for the summer.

When your parents are retired and looking for you to take care of them, send them to an atheist retirement home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom