• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 - Spring 2007 - PS3 exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sho Nuff

Banned
This is pretty logical. VF sells comparatively shitty in the USA and I hardly think a 360 port would make enough cash in both the US+Japan to make it worthwhile.

Come on, it's not like anyone here isn't gonna be buying a PS3 anyhoo

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
why are those shots 1280x768? is that the arcade version's actual resolution? and if not, could scaling account for some of those jaggies?

Yoboman

soundwave05 said:
Maybe Sony's trying to get them to change their minds about the no online play thing.
We can only hope. Hey they didn't say it's not going to be online this time :lol

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Ok! Lets cut to the fuckin chase! We all know its going to happen around page 4...Virtua Fighter 4 vs Dead or Alive in game pic comparison pics!

NOW!

*jumps out the window, into car, start up engine and drives away as engine sound fades into the distance*

Speevy

Banned
Instead of the annual jacket threads, I feel like a "What the hell just happened?" thread is more appropriate.

BlueTsunami

Speevy said:
Instead of the annual jacket threads, I feel like a "What the hell just happened?" thread is more appropriate.

Thow it in Speevy! Thow it IN! You know you want this jacket with the ugly looking Spider Man 3 font!

SolidSnakex said:
I know, i'm just saying that I don't remember the height difference between characters being that visible in other games.

Well, I think El Blaze is Mexican...which probably puts him at 5'3-5'6 :p

Ponn

Banned
Speevy said:

Hey, Peter Moore tried to warn you.

But generally I don't believe this is a major deal breaker for those excited for Gears of War, Shadowrun and Halo 3.

AZ Greg

PS3 Shots From 1UP:

media

media

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Sho Nuff said:
Can we unban Fishie for this thread?

As for the 1up shots, c'mon, they coulda made better ones than THAT

mmmm i dunno, :/ does fishie have anything to add?

Sho Nuff

Banned
sp0rsk said:
mmmm i dunno, :/ does fishie have anything to add?

I think he probably has a worthwhile opinion to share on this fascinating subject of Sony exclusivity for this upcoming title

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Speevy said:
Over VF5? As Sho Nuff pointed out, this was hardly an illogical move...for...Sega...ok, nevermind, I completely see why you're blindsided by this! ;)

Striek

Unless full-res shots do it better justice, the PS3 version is ugly. And its not like its competition (VF5 arcade, DoA4) should be hard to beat, neither "wow factor" themselves.

sprsk

Sho Nuff said:
I think he probably has a worthwhile opinion to share on this fascinating subject of Sony exclusivity for this upcoming title

yeah i dunno i guess its pu to amirox

Speevy

Banned
kaching said:
Over VF5? As Sho Nuff pointed out, this was hardly an illogical move...for...Sega...ok, nevermind, I completely see why you're blindsided by this! ;)

Well it's beginning to really seem like one group won't be having much fun this week, that's all. :p

sprsk

Speevy said:
Well it's beginning to really seem like one group won't be having much fun this week, that's all. :p

xfriends are getting halo 3 and a bunch of good shit on live, whats not to be excited about?

Striek said:
Unless full-res shots do it better justice, the PS3 version is ugly. And its not like its competition (VF5 arcade, DoA4) should be hard to beat, neither "wow factor" themselves.

Well, it's basically a PC port (P4 + 6600GT, iirc) but i wouldn't worry, there's plenty of time to fix it up. Not that i think it looks bad, but anyways...

Doube D

umm, why would they even have a working ps3 version if it won't come out till 2k7. I mean, its a gforce 6800 powering the thing so its not like the por will take long. I HIGHLY doubt vf5 will be running on a ps3 dev kit until a few months before release unless they are planning to retool the entire graphics engine.

DCharlie

Banned
the sega i know is dead... logical decissions and Sega... whatever next?

"Afterburner on PS3 would just seal what's pretty much a done deal at this point."

even before all of this, the ONLY factor that would/should knock anyone off the PS3 is the price tag. But i think that's going to be fine too.

Speevy

Banned
sp0rsk said:
xfriends are getting halo 3 and a bunch of good shit on live, whats not to be excited about?

Oh I'm excited, I'm just used to E3 from the Nintendo camp, where any announcements are good announcements. Now with the Xbox 360, there are announcements, I know them, and Sony has a zillion more. :p

Seriously though, I need to save up for a PS3.

BlueTsunami

yahso said:
run in 720p only, where is your 1080p now? :lol

IGN said:
Like the 360, though, the game will feature high-definition graphics, and will support 720p resolution.

Support=Only?

Though, it obviously won't be running at 1080p native. But upscaleing to 1080p will likely be the case.

Striek

_leech_ said:
Well, it's basically a PC port (P4 + 6600GT, iirc) but i wouldn't worry, there's plenty of time to fix it up. Not that i think it looks bad, but anyways...
The PS3 screens look like they could be ran off of a PS2. And I'm not joking or exaggerating. At least DoA4 looked a little bit better than DoA:U. I'm excited for the game, I realise that it definitely should improve with time, but I can't believe Sega would even show it off in such a state.

ram said:
no ps3 shots here - same as with virtua tennis 3-> only arcade shots, marked as WIP.
Oh. The screens posted above of the arcade version look much better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom