• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 - Spring 2007 - PS3 exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebpo

Banned
No one should even be arguing about the PS3 port quality. Considering both PS3&X360 completely outmatch the arcade version, this should be the first time the VF series gets a 100% arcade port.

So just think 100% perfect identical to the arcade VF5 + super long in-depth kumite type mode with the best AI known to mankind outside of NASA or the FBI + probably even more costumes added and hopefully downloaded "ghost" characters like the ghosts ones in VF4. Would be cool if playing in the arcade allowed you to upload your ghost to a database and anyone can search and download ghosts of the top players or their friends.

Even though it's not online play, it'd be kinda fun to beat up your friend's character controlled by AI based off his play style.

DCharlie

Banned
No one should even be arguing about the PS3 port quality. Considering both PS3&X360 completely outmatch the arcade version, this should be the first time the VF series gets a 100% arcade port.

So just think 100% perfect identical to the arcade VF5 + super long in-depth kumite type mode with the best AI known to mankind outside of NASA or the FBI + probably even more costumes added and hopefully downloaded "ghost" characters like the ghosts ones in VF4. Would be cool if playing in the arcade allowed you to upload your ghost to a database and anyone can search and download ghosts of the top players or their friends.

Even though it's not online play, it'd be kinda fun to beat up your friend's character controlled by AI based off his play style.

dood - are you smoking crack?... this is Sega. If there is a way to f*ck it up, they'll find it!
100% port NOT guaranteed just yet! ;)

ram

virtua fighter 5 arcade shot

virtua fighter 5 wip shot, that came with pr

-> again, not ps3 shots here!

Takuan

That's much sooner than I expected, not too long after launch. I hope it's a solid date.

Goh's outfit in the pic of him kicking Akira is pretty awesome.

Kittonwy

Banned
DCharlie said:
dood - are you smoking crack?... this is Sega. If there is a way to f*ck it up, they'll find it!
100% port NOT guaranteed just yet! ;)

But it's AM2 and not Sonic Team though, don't you have any faith in AM2?
IndifferentSanta.gif

EGM92

I'd personally like to thanks MS for their massive failure in Japan, making Segas choice to put this on the PS3 much easier.

Nozi

Banned
EGM92 said:
I'd personally like to thanks MS for their massive failure in Japan, making Segas choice to put this on the PS3 much easier.

If those screenshots are anything to go by, MS won't be losing sleep over this title.

DCharlie

Banned
But it's AM2 and not Sonic Team though, don't you have any faith in AM2?

there is a disease at Sega - the easiest way to guarantee the awesome is to give it Digital Sumo to convert.

llTll

Banned
Amir0x said:
Well, I'm just happy it's confirmed finally. I WAS GETTING RESTLESS.

Fuck yes, fuuuuuck yes.

qfmft

yessssssssssssssssss

shit i am so happy . god damn sony you ROCK

Sho Nuff

Banned
DCharlie said:
there is a disease at Sega - the easiest way to guarantee the awesome is to give it Digital Sumo to convert.

(Gets on knees and worships Sumo, Isamu-style.)

I've no beef with the PS3 like I did with the PS2 vs. Dreamcast because of one thing: video quality. The PS2's was utter fucking shit, like some kludged version based on the original PSOne output. PS3's promises to be hot sex digital output, and therefore I am a happy videophile.

llTll

Banned
DCharlie said:
... lol, some credit for Sega perhaps?!

ofcourse. but Sony is the one who got it exclusive. if it werent for them, MS would have got a port or so. but Sony is the one who won.

Sony does rock.

Sega i love you

DCharlie

Banned
ofcourse. but Sony is the one who got it exclusive. if it werent for them, MS would have got a port or so. but Sony is the one who won.
Sony does rock.
Sega i love you

i'm pretty sure no money changed hands for the exclusive - it's just a common sense move *shrug* but anyways, at least you expressed your Sega love (puts away noose)

Bebpo

Banned
DCharlie said:
i'm pretty sure no money changed hands for the exclusive - it's just a common sense move *shrug* but anyways, at least you expressed your Sega love (puts away noose)

I thought your argument was (and has been for months) that it's not common sense and that Sega is being good old illogical Sega here by not doing multiplatform?

Sho Nuff

Banned
Bebpo said:
I thought your argument was (and has been for months) that it's not common sense and that Sega is being good old illogical Sega here by not doing multiplatform?

I think they saw RR6's sales and went "eek!"

llTll

Banned
DCharlie said:

ofcourse i love sega.

and with the next gen costs, common sense = multi platform games. more money when Xbox 360 get VF5 . so surly, money was involve. or kind of deal anyway [ like no fees for this game or any other kinda of deals ]

FightyF

Banned
llTll said:

Sony does rock.

Sega i love you

What's wrong if the 360 had a port?

If anything, we could be playing the game sooner with the 360.

Bebpo

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:

Because it's not like they couldn't get this out this winter for PS3 but are choosing not to because of the arcade version or anything....

llTll

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:
What's wrong if the 360 had a port?

to me is diffrent.

having it exclusive = Sega will focus its development on 1 version. thus it will be more polished and superp. if it was multi game, i expect something like EA. and i dont like that for AAA game like VF5.

also. for me to decide what console to get, its easy to count this way. +1 for Sony. etc.

third and last point. i am a person who love exclusive games and support them. i like the idea i have a game no other console does :D

DCharlie

Banned

my expectations of ownership levels of MS by Sony have changed recently...

in truth, it would make more sense to get the game out on every platform, but given the popularity of the game in Japan - it doesn't make much sense any more. Not sure americans care that much about this either (?)

Bebpo said:

Sammy slapped some sense into them.

It's a pretty logical move. 360 is dead in Jp and the Wii simply can't keep up (well, not without HEAVY/expensive modification), and the PS3 should be a relatively simple beast to port to, thanks almost entirely to the RSX being rooted in PC-esque GPU arch.

FightyF

Banned
llTll said:
third and last point. i am a person who love exclusive games and support them. i like the idea i have a game no other console does :D

Wow. Someone drank a little too much when pregnant!

llTll

Banned
Sho Nuff said:

what ? if you are nintendo fan for example. would you like the idea to see Mario on PS3?

if all the games are multi-platform, then what is the point of buying 2 consoles again?

anyway like i said. its just who i am, if you are going to make fun of me because of that, then go ahead who cares. i love exclusive games. i support them. its a reason why i choose a console over another.

Acosta

Che wins, flawless victory.

Some of you need to hear more carefully when the one speaking proves he knows his stuff.

DCharlie

Banned
So Xbox 360 owners wouldn't be mad to see Halo 3 on the PS3 then? :/

if they only owned an X360, then they would be mad as hell. If they own both or plan to own both, then i'm not sure it would matter.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
DCharlie said:
if they only owned an X360, then they would be mad as hell. If they own both or plan to own both, then i'm not sure it would matter.

Well that's my point. Lots of people don't have thousands of dollars to buy mulit-consoles and all of their best games you know.

Sho Nuff

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
Well that's my point. Lots of people don't have thousands of dollars to buy mulit-consoles and all of their best games you know.

So multiplatform is good...? Or bad? I'm confused.

DCharlie

Banned

yes, i know , and that unfortunately acts as a spurt to the fanboyism.

People must be seen to have made the correct choice because it's not trivial money we are talking about here.

Bebpo

Banned
Sho Nuff said:
So multiplatform is good...? Or bad? I'm confused.

Multiplatform is neither good nor bad, it's just boring because no one can make fun of anyone for not having X game on Y system. Without exclusives there would be no fanboys and the world would be a boring place with lots of flowers, butterflies, and kittens. :(

FightyF

Banned
mckmas8808 said:

If that's the case, then it's bad news that VF5 is not multiplatform, right?

Bebpo

Banned
Since everyone always screws up predicting what system a game will land on and if it will be exclusive I think next-gen they Sony and Nintendo should just merge and make a system called JAPAN and MS and Apple would merge and make a system called ELSEWHERE and then whenever a game got hinted at or announced we'd just have to see who was developing it and we'd instantly know where it would land!

I like simplicity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom