• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtue's Last Reward SPOILER Thread

A gameFAQs user named Herr_Edgeworth made a very useful post compiling all the information from Uchikoshi's twitter:

Herr_Edgeworth said:
I read through his tweets and he seems like a pretty cool guy. Answering questions from his fans and taking advices about gameplay will probably make ZE3 a lot better.

He's mentioned some details about VLR and ZE3 and I think we should put them all here, since not everyone has a twitter. I'll start with the ones I remember:

- Junpei will definitely participate in Zero Escape 3
- Tenmyouji is Junpei's family name.
- The series will be a trilogy, so ZE3 will be the final game.
- In the next Nonary Game, 9 persons will be divided in 3 groups.
- Taking a look at his tweets, it seems like he chooses returning characters based on fan request, which was already implied with Clover's inclusion.
- Ace is in jail, so he'll probably not be present in ZE3.
- The speed in scenes with the blinking point on the map will be improved (thank God!).
- He considers the secret ending to not be vital information.
- He implied that Akane still cares about Junpei, but saving humanity is still her priotrity.
- Only Akane knows about Santa's whereabouts.
- He also thinks it's strange that Sigma doesn't notice the change in his voice >_>
- The "mystery" about Radical-6 will be revealed.
- Quark and Alice were the only ones to attempt suicide because they had low tolerance to the virus. The time in which the sintoms start showing gets closer depending on their pulse, temperature and other factors.
- Luna was created based on the girl we hear in the transmission of the Mars Mission Project.
- Akane is wearing the FtS robe back in 2029 for "a certain reason".
- Dio will make an appereance. Although "not as the man we know". Maybe he's referring to a clone.
- In the 3DS escape parts, the bottom screen expresses what Sigma is seeing through his bionic eye.
- Uchikoshi said "?" is Blick Winkel, whoever that is.

That's it for me. If I forgot something, please add it to the topic.

Thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/641334-zero-escape-virtues-last-reward/65261157#14

Uchikoshi's twitter: https://twitter.com/uchikoshi

Cha

I made this post to get the useful information at the top of a new page.

Well done!

That's a great compilation of information you've found there.
I'm glad that the next Zero Escape will bring this story to a close. I want answers asap!

Googled "Blick Winkel", and it seems to be related to Ever17 (is this another game?)

Mr. Fix

Thanks, MF.

In the 3DS escape parts, the bottom screen expresses what Sigma is seeing through his bionic eye.

mDPCu.gif

Javier

Googled "Blick Winkel", and it seems to be related to Ever17 (is this another game?)
Yup. Ever17, alongside Never7 and Remember11, are another trilogy of Visual Novels co-written by Uchikoshi. Ever17 is the only one that was officially localized on PC (and good luck finding a legit copy), while the other two have fan translations.

They're all great, but Ever17 is heralded as one of the best Visual Novels ever, mainly because of its incredibly mind-fucking plot twists. It's really an experience that needs to be seen first-hand.

Yup. Ever17, alongside Never7 and Remember11, are another trilogy of Visual Novels co-written by Uchikoshi. Ever17 is the only one that was officially localized on PC (and good luck finding a legit copy), while the other two have fan translations.

They're all great, but Ever17 is heralded as one of the best Visual Novels ever, mainly because of its incredibly mind-fucking plot twists. It's really an experience that needs to be seen first-hand.

Goddamnit, I thought I was finally safe to highlight spoilers whenever I want when go into these spoiler threats, but now I've got to watch out for Ever17 spoilers :<

MILD EVER17 SPOILERS BUT STILL SPOILERS ALRIGHT

About Ever17, I played it about half a year ago and got
Sora's and Tsugumi's
endings, but I found the pacing really slow, I didn't like any of the characters, and didn't like the artstyle and music, so I eventually quit. The only things that interested me were
the 'people counter' flipping out, someone kicking a can while nobody could have done it, and statue pointing in different directions in diferent routes

As a huge fan of 999 and VLR, I should probably go back, right? Will it get better soon? I know I have to go through
You's and Sara's
endings first before I get to the true ending.

Goddamnit, I thought I was finally safe to highlight spoilers whenever I want when go into these spoiler threats, but now I've got to watch out for Ever17 spoilers :<

MILD EVER17 SPOILERS BUT STILL SPOILERS ALRIGHT

About Ever17, I played it about half a year ago and got
Sora's and Tsugumi's
endings, but I found the pacing really slow, I didn't like any of the characters, and didn't like the artstyle and music, so I eventually quit. The only things that interested me were
the 'people counter' flipping out, someone kicking a can while nobody could have done it, and statue pointing in different directions in diferent routes

As a huge fan of 999 and VLR, I should probably go back, right? Will it get better soon? I know I have to go through
You's and Sara's
endings first before I get to the true ending.

The true (Coco) ending is Sofa King good!
I also abandoned the game the first time due to its pacing, but it gets REAAAALLY better once you start solving mysteries. Try the Kid's routes and see for yourself what's happening!

The true (Coco) ending is Sofa King good!
I also abandoned the game the first time due to its pacing, but it gets REAAAALLY better once you start solving mysteries. Try the Kid's routes and see for yourself what's happening!

Well, I guess that's settles it, thanks!

Also, are you the PurpleMaster from the gameFAQs board?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Yes, Blick Winkel is an Ever17 reference, iirc. But explaining what it means is a gigantic Ever17 spoiler. Don't read if you intend to play Ever17 at all.

MASSIVE Ever17 true ending spoilers:
Blick Winkel is the "third eye", or basically the player's perspective when reading a visual novel - an observer of multiple story paths, with the ability to retain memories from one plotline to another. Ever17's True Ending involves intentionally manipulating Blick Winkel (you) into directly affecting one plotline with the information you gained from another in order to save the lives of certain characters in the story.

VLR's ending, of course, does something similar. So I guess this means Zero Escape 3 will play on the same trick, but to a greater extent.

Morgan Freeman: I'd say getting to Ever17's true ending is well worth it, but I do agree with you in that the other story paths are kinda boring. 999 and VLR did a MUCH better job of keeping the player engaged in the events leading up to their true endings. Having said that, if you liked 999/VLR's "holy fuck" endings, then you'll like Ever17's.

Glad you used the spoiler tags! That's some serious spoiler in there!!!
BTW, yes!
It's me! I'm famous everywhere, hahaha!

When gameFAQs is brought up on this forum, it is usually made fun of. That's why I figured I should spoiler tag it, so only you would read it, lest NeoGAF discovers your true origins :p

Chrysalis

Nice that I can finally walk in here and talk about this great game.

So if I like these and Phoenix Wright- both for their great characters and "Oh shit" moments....what else out there is "must play"? And...is any of it easily available?

Jintor

Ghost Trick. Same guy who did Phoenix Wright but with ghosts and stuff.

You mind will explode near the end.

I haven't personally played them but I hear Another Blue or Hotel Dusk or something are pretty good

The game you're talking about is Another Code - Trace Memory.
I don't recommend it if you're looking for a deep and intriguing game. It's pretty straightforward and not that good.
I mean, I loved it, but I played it BEFORE 999 or VLR.
While Hotel Dusk and its sequel Last Window (EU only) are really, really good.
It's not about the story itself, but the characters. They're fabulously drawn and really transmit you true feelings.
It's a pretty good series and it's worth a try!

Chrysalis

Ghost Trick. Same guy who did Phoenix Wright but with ghosts and stuff.

You mind will explode near the end.

I haven't personally played them but I hear Another Blue or Hotel Dusk or something are pretty good

Agh...I kind of include Ghost Trick with PW in the sphere of all things Takumi. Liked it a great deal, though not quite as much as PW/ZE.

Hotel Dusk didn't do much for me (pacing was glacial), though I suppose I'd be willing to try a sequel.

I absolutely adored Ghost Trick. I'd place it just above the ZE series but just below Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations (which is in my top 10 all-time favourites) on my list of best visual novel/puzzle games.

The characters and artstyle were great, and the captivating way it was written envoked a feeling of "just one more chapter" more than any book I've ever read.

Plus, Missile. Flawless victory.

Earl_Grey

Murdered By StarCreator
While I didn't mind the ending overall (though the fact it needed a flow chart to explain it did make me laugh) I didn't care for the two big "twists." They rely on Sigma being being completely retarded.

LiK

i played Ghost Trick close to after finsihing 999 and if you love the Zero Escape series, you will love Ghost Trick as well. killer story.

Vibed

Someone on the gameFAQs board suggested that Akane could have sent Alice back in time to be discovered as All-Ice. The Ice-9 she was encased in could be a version of the Cells Alive System that plays a role in VLR. Has this theory been brought up by someone yet in this thread?

holy shit how did i not think of this this is genius

But then what of Clover?

AwShucks

Ugh, not to hijack the thread and make more Ghost Trick posts, but if I loved 999 and VLR would it be likely that I'd enjoy Ghost Trick?

AwShucks

it's on DS AND iOS. both versions play fine. totally worth it.

Shame it's not on Android or I would go grab it from the Play store right now and start it. no iOS devices in this house so DS it is.

EDIT: Holy crap Ever 17 is a long game. After reading through the last few pages I thought "maybe I'll give it a shot" but then I just saw it generally takes 40+ hours to get everything. Considering I was going to start Persona 4 for the first time, which is like 90+ hours, I'm not sure I should start Ever 17. I'll keep the idea on the back burner though, maybe one day.

I finished this awesome game last night (my first Platinum Trophy ever!) and I can finally jump in on this thread and satisfy my curiosity about all the little seemingly unanswered bits and pieces that are floating about in my brain after 40+ hours of VLR!

CTRL-F "witch-king"

huh?!?

Every first escape ends with with Phi holding her hand down to Sigma and saying "Just come on" followed by the muttered aside "One of these days, Witch-King." I waited the whole game to find out what that was all about and nada, nuthin', nil... of course, I guess they haven't really fully explained the whole "you could say, I am no man" line either, but aside from being a rather oblique and singular reference to Lord of the Rings, I really wanted to find out what the Witch-King line meant... was it really just throw-away? do I have to wait for Zero Escape 3? or have I missed something in the reveals?

Jintor

tumblr_mh2bi5Um5Q1rrwte2o1_400.png

I finished this awesome game last night (my first Platinum Trophy ever!) and I can finally jump in on this thread and satisfy my curiosity about all the little seemingly unanswered bits and pieces that are floating about in my brain after 40+ hours of VLR!

CTRL-F "witch-king"

huh?!?

Every first escape ends with with Phi holding her hand down to Sigma and saying "Just come on" followed by the muttered aside "One of these days, Witch-King." I waited the whole game to find out what that was all about and nada, nuthin', nil... of course, I guess they haven't really fully explained the whole "you could say, I am no man" line either, but aside from being a rather oblique and singular reference to Lord of the Rings, I really wanted to find out what the Witch-King line meant... was it really just throw-away? do I have to wait for Zero Escape 3? or have I missed something in the reveals?

It's a joke based on her other joke about being no man, duh

It's a joke based on her other joke about being no man, duh
Ya, I get that, but I was hoping it was that and more... like if it was an oblique reference to Éowyn's roll killing the Witch-King, in that Phi was there as a specific foil to Zero or ??? i dunno, some unknown puppet master or another...

Vaati

Banned
Thank goodness! I'm sick of Clover. I didn't mind her in 999 but there was something about her in VLR that turned me off.

Top Bottom