• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtue's Last Reward SPOILER Thread

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I've got a lot of questions, so feel free to answer just one or two. Numbered for your convenience:

1. Someone in this thread (I believe it was linkratos) said that, after studying mathematics, he found out that Sigma's name was very appropriate. Why is that?

The sigma symbol in mathematics represents the "sum" operation, where everything after it is added together. Sigma the character is very much the sum of all of his experiences through all timelines.

Lusankya

All we know (allbeit it not official I guess) Through his tweets; Junpei Tenmyouji, Phi, and Dio will be in it. Those are all I can remember now.

To be exact Sigma, Phi and human Luna will be participants at the Nevada test site. Kyle in an unknown body will probably participate as well.
Then Junpei and Dio and most likely Alice+Clover will also play a role in ZE3, but not necessarily as participants of the experiment.

Sigma: It will be young Sigma's body but the consciousness will be the Sigma we played in VLR after he got old (studied AI and robotics + created the Ambidex Game). So he will possess a vast amount of knowledge, however no first hand knowledge of the events at the test site.
Phi: Basically the Phi from the normal end of VLR, should play a very important role.
Human Luna: A Luna, who shouldn't know anything about the Nonary Game.
Kyle: Kyle's consciousness from the normal end of VLR in an unknown body. Maybe he won't reveal himself at the beginning of ZE3.
Dio: Probably an earlier clone.
Junpei: Younger Junpei with no knowledge of the events from VLR.
Alice+Clover: The ones from the true end of VLR that physically traveled back in time. Role in ZE3 unknown.

Fisico

Sigma: It will be young Sigma's body but the consciousness will be the Sigma we played in VLR after he got old (studied AI and robotics + created the Ambidex Game). So he will possess a vast amount of knowledge, however no first hand knowledge of the events at the test site.
Phi: Basically the Phi from the normal end of VLR, should play a very important role.
Kyle: Kyle's consciousness from the normal end of VLR in an unknown body. Maybe he won't reveal himself at the beginning of ZE3.
Dio: The Dio from VLR or maybe a clone?
Alice+Clover: The ones from the true end of VLR that physically traveled back in time. Role in ZE3 unknown.

Screw this shit.
I'm okay with cameo characters and sigma and phi because of the plot, but i want a new cast, not the same characters over and over again

As far as the Nonary Game goes, I'm pretty sure you will get that. Technically Sigma and Phi would be the only characters we already know that would be participating in it. Luna and Dio wouldn't even be the same ones we know. The other characters will probably be involved somehow, yes, but I don't think it'll be directly.

Screw this shit.
I'm okay with cameo characters and sigma and phi because of the plot, but i want a new cast, not the same characters over and over again

How will you be sure we will be playing that event? They can change so that the MC will know little and little more about what happen in that event while the MC is playing another game or handling yet another event. Having that event happening does not mean that its the only thing that can happen. Will not be surprise for the villains to have others backup plans as well, maybe the MC can solve another problem that can affect the big event hinted? So many possibility :D

As far as the Nonary Game goes, I'm pretty sure you will get that. Technically Sigma and Phi would be the only characters we already know that would be participating in it. Luna and Dio wouldn't even be the same ones we know. The other characters will probably be involved somehow, yes, but I don't think it'll be directly.

I will like it if every one is involved in somthing and have a quick but meaningful cameo.If everything leads to that Nonary Game , everyone can appears doing different things at different places. Hmm imagine the twist in the next game is that the player possess the different characters new and old while trying to solve everything at different places at the same time! Help snake communicate with clover , help jane see the future with junpei etc......

Ok my imagination is going wild now....

Lusankya

Oh, I forgot Junpei will be a participant. That was confirmed via Twitter. I just somehow thought he would be kind of an administrator or organizer of the experiment.

Can't be the same one. Dio called himself 4th generation, didn't he? This one would very likely be from the first generation of Left clones.
Yes, of course.

Burnburn

To be exact Uchikoshi wrote: "Dio? I think he will appear in the next too. Although he isn't the man who you know."

It'll probably be Left (Dio is cloned to be like Left right?)

Anyway I've been collecting my thoughts lately, so let's see how wrong I am :).

So I think Volume 3 will probably be at the same time the prequel and the sequel to VLR. First playthrough you'll play with Phi who hasn't played the ambidex game and old Sigma. They will fail their task and that will result in the events taken place in VLR. Then in a "real ending" playthrough you'll play as Phi and Sigma after they both played the ambidex game (So young Sigma).

Also two more things:
1) The 999 nonary game
June and Santa planned it, but if I recall correctly they had some people who helped them. I wonder what ever happend to them, maybe they somehow became in touch with Free The Soul?

2) At one point Dio speaks about a woman who he wasn't allowed to see. Do we know more about this woman? I somehow think this woman is or will become a relevant character

Mr. Fix

To be exact Sigma, Phi and human Luna will be participants at the Nevada test site. Kyle in an unknown body will probably participate as well.
Then Junpei and Dio and most likely Alice+Clover will also play a role in ZE3, but not necessarily as participants of the experiment.

Perhaps Aoi as well? I'm sure we'll find out what happened to him.

It would make sense to see Snake as one of the participants too.
Maybe as a SOIS agent to prevent the virus from spreading (obviously failing...)

Sorian

Banned

I still don't think Junpei will be in the test site. This game seemed to heavilty hint that he was an outside force that was communicating with the participants.

Vibed

I still don't think Junpei will be in the test site. This game seemed to heavilty hint that he was an outside force that was communicating with the participants.

It was confirmed he will be an actual participant in the test site by Uchikoshi's twitter.

Vibed

Why would Luna need to survive?

To add to this, those three people (presumably Sigma, Phi, and Junpei) are the only one's to survive in the VLR timeline. Anything could happen when they branch off to point E.

Well, that's what Sigma sacrificed his arms and eye for. Unless you're telling me that was in vain.

Good chance it was in vain, yes. I mean he did create a robotic version of her, which is a bit weird if she was still alive. On the other hand, maybe it was because she didn't survive the virus outbreak.

wrowa

Well, that's what Sigma sacrificed his arms and eye for. Unless you're telling me that was in vain.

Well, the real Luna has to die in order for robot Luna to be built. From a story-telling point of view it makes more sense to kill her in the desert than having her die at some point that's not included in the games.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
You are Brother, Kyle is "left", the whole world is a clone of you.

Dio is a rebel that dyed his hair blonde.
Damnit damnit I had a funny response to this that spoiled Layton 3 (because of your avatar) but I don't want to spoil the game for anyone who hasn't played it.

73V3N

Banned
The cast will be one of the first things we'll eventually find out!
Let's just hope it'll happen soon!

There may be some "hidden" characters (like the one on your avatar) that no one may one to find out about before playing the game.

with hidden i mean, no one knew who he really was.

Vibed

I don't trust his twitter as far as I can throw it. He purposely misdirects in his story, why wouldn't he in real life?

That seems a bit silly to me. It's his twitter that's answering general questions on the third game, not a story that's supposed to mislead you.

He also had a Q&A for 999 that explains way more than what's actually in the game and has put up a Q&A for VLR as well. For his twitter, if there's a question he can't answer, he'll say so.

73V3N

Banned
That seems a bit silly to me. It's his twitter that's answering general questions on the third game, not a story that's supposed to mislead you.

He also had a Q&A for 999 that explains way more than what's actually in the game and has put up a Q&A for VLR as well. For his twitter, if there's a question he can't answer, he'll say so.

They already published this?? :eek:

Jintor

Getting antsy about ZE3.

Man VLR was so great. I heard about it when it was first announced, then a bunch of IRL shit happened, and I forgot it even existed until suddenly it was out. So great

It would make sense to see Snake as one of the participants too.
Maybe as a SOIS agent to prevent the virus from spreading (obviously failing...)

Yes, thus, a thousand times this! I'd gladly swap Clover for him. Snake was far more interesting to me.

Also, would love to see a serious bro hug between Junpei and Sigma at some point.

Whaaaaat!? Is this real or a joke? With a series like Zero Escape, I can't possibly tell.

If it's real, source?

I hope they find some way to work in K's armour. It was as much a part of his character as anything, plus it would be a cool way to hide the big reveal of who the mystery player is.

Clover and Alice, I don't think so. And I hope not, it wouldn't even make sense for them to not remember it.

Time travel or something like that. They were talking about it in the secret ending, remember? I don't think they'll be directly involved in it though. Well, more like it'd be impossible for them.

Time travel or something like that. They were talking about it in the secret ending, remember? I don't think they'll be directly involved in it though. Well, more like it'd be impossible for them.

Someone on the gameFAQs board suggested that Akane could have sent Alice back in time to be discovered as All-Ice. The Ice-9 she was encased in could be a version of the Cells Alive System that plays a role in VLR. Has this theory been brought up by someone yet in this thread?

CorvoSol

Someone on the gameFAQs board suggested that Akane could have sent Alice back in time to be discovered as All-Ice. The Ice-9 she was encased in could be a version of the Cells Alive System that plays a role in VLR. Has this theory been brought up by someone yet in this thread?

I thought that, barring K, you had to have your OWN body to jump into?

Top Bottom