• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtue's Last Reward SPOILER Thread

Venfayth

The only reason I found the timeline in question is because I was one trophy away from the platinum and I couldn't figure out what I missed.
The game really doesn't make it obvious that a new timeline opened at that point.

Yeah this is the exact same reason I was able to find it; and consequently the reason I tweeted you about it, haha.

Midou

Friend started playing it and I noticed at the start Phi says 'back off grandpa', it's meaning is so different now..

SmithnCo

Friend started playing it and I noticed at the start Phi says 'back off grandpa', it's meaning is so different now..

Yeah, initially I was confused by that and other "old man" comments but I had forgotten them when the bigger questions came up. The game does a good job with that.

I assume it was like some kind of hilarious suicide pile-up. Somebody's Radical-6 progressed too far and they killed themselves. Somebody walked in on the scene, fell into complete despair, *their* Radical-6 symptoms kicked up, and *they* offed themselves.

Basically it's like a sick conga line of people coming into the room and offing themselves with the same scalpel over and over until it gets to Sigma.

Yeah. It seems witnessing a suicide causes you to commit suicide when you have Rad-6.

Speaking of which, in the ending where Sigma saves himself by cutting off his own arm. He wakes up later and then... commits suicide? Seems kinda anti-climactic.

There's also a joke in the pantry where she says she thinks she is 20 and Sigma says he is 22. Phi says "You sure must have done a lot of drugs to look like that."

At first you think it is just Phi being a bitch, but oh boy...

Also even if Sigma's arms are cybernetic, the skin is supposed to look like real skin. Why does his arm skin not look like that of someone in their late 60s?

Venfayth

I assume it was like some kind of hilarious suicide pile-up. Somebody's Radical-6 progressed too far and they killed themselves. Somebody walked in on the scene, fell into complete despair, *their* Radical-6 symptoms kicked up, and *they* offed themselves.

Basically it's like a sick conga line of people coming into the room and offing themselves with the same scalpel over and over until it gets to Sigma.

Ah, I kinda suspected that, but it was still very shocking. I didn't notice anything leading up to that that would have made me be ready for it.

Also, didn't one of Clover's endings have something similar happen in 999? That game is very fuzzy to me.

kiryogi

Banned
Ah, I kinda suspected that, but it was still very shocking. I didn't notice anything leading up to that that would have made me be ready for it.

Also, didn't one of Clover's endings have something similar happen in 999? That game is very fuzzy to me.
Clover killed almost everyone in 999 if you didn't build up your trust with her. Axe ending I think

LiK

fp4dz.jpg
IantD.jpg

XGeBj.jpg
cI4o3.jpg

goddamn, hi-res nonwatermarked please

Clover killed almost everyone in 999 if you didn't build up your trust with her. Axe ending I think

Yeah. Clover axes everyone after she thinks someone killed her brother in 999, unless you take very careful steps.

In VLR she threatens to murder EVERYONE if you can't prove who murdered Alice (or rather, that there was no murder). It was a pretty cool throwback.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
That pic of VLR Clover in her 999 outfit is pretty great :)

Though there are two more phone cards too~

Fancy Dio and Cheerleader Clover ;)

LHVuv.jpg

5n9So.jpg

SoulUnison

Banned
Wow, that cheerleader one is just... "Shameless," is the word that springs to mind.

EDIT: I mentioned it in my novel sized post earlier - it seems that was pretty much a tl;dr for everybody, can't totally say I blame people, though - but has anybody figured out how to decode the message you get if you dial 8008 in the Crew Quarters? Or even if it *is* a coded message?

kiryogi

Banned
So Phi says she's a c cup but only one pic seems to be depict that. Was it meant to be Japanese C cup and Aksys missed that.

So... I'm still pretty mad it was never explained why Dio picked Ally against Luna. Like... that's the only time he ever picks Ally in the entire game and the game doesn't explain it?

I'm going to go with the theory that it was from being disorientated because he had somehow ended up in the AB game without murdering anyone.

LiK

Wow, that cheerleader one is just... "Shameless," is the word that springs to mind.

EDIT: I mentioned it in my novel sized post earlier - it seems that was pretty much a tl;dr for everybody, can't totally say I blame people, though - but has anybody figured out how to decode the message you get if you dial 8008 in the Crew Quarters? Or even if it *is* a coded message?

there is a clue in Gold Files about decoding the bomb codes or something cuz they have a hidden message. I assume same method. I haven't tried any.

Eusis

So... I'm still pretty mad it was never explained why Dio picked Ally against Luna. Like... that's the only time he ever picks Ally in the entire game and the game doesn't explain it?

I'm going to go with the theory that it was from being disorientated because he had somehow ended up in the AB game without murdering anyone.
Which does make a lot of sense. He INTENDS to invade it and replace someone... but he gets knocked out, and rather than killed or thrown out he's drafted into playing the game anyway, with the person he was set to kill completely missing. Probably freaked him out enough to just play along for the time being.

Also make Akane seem to be more of a jerk since she voted Betray against Junpei, AND was with Clover to boot! Probably just playing along with how K betrayed in other rounds, even with Clover being a trusted friend of Alice's.

LiK

lol, cheerleader Clover is shameless.

Also I can't get over getting axe murdered by creepy Clover in 999.

Axe murder ending freaked me out. I played that at night and I couldn't sleep. kept playing for a better ending lol

they sorta fucked with us 999 vets by making us think Luna did the same thing.

Busaiku

Bah, they should've made that clear!
Oh well, now I get what a lot of people are talking about.

So they actually do use Dragon Ball Z time theory!
It's definitely the easiest to understand.

I wish I was voiced in the 3rd game, but since it seems like I'm in Kyle's body, Kyle doesn't necessarily need to be voiced, since I don't know what my voice sounds like.
Bah!

there is a clue in Gold Files about decoding the bomb codes or something cuz they have a hidden message. I assume same method. I haven't tried any.

I've decoded them all:

Zero bomb: LXA QNS GDQ

MY BROTHER

One bomb: BQZ RGJ DXR

CRASH KEYS

Two bomb: EQD DYR NTK

FREE Z SOUL

Three Bomb: LXQ LHC NMR

MYRMIDONS

Also make Akane seem to be more of a jerk since she voted Betray against Junpei, AND was with Clover to boot! Probably just playing along with how K betrayed in other rounds, even with Clover being a trusted friend of Alice's.

Akane IS a jerk. She kidnaps a bunch of people to save herself, and kills a couple dudes all for revenge.

Arguably everything she does is necessary for the greater good, and because of time whackiness the good people never really die, but she's very ruthless and calculating. Not evil, but very scary nonetheless.

SmithnCo

So I wonder if Brother or other Myrmidons are tied to 999.

Certainly hope a third game pans out, would be an amazing trilogy.

no need for tags here :)

thanks, kinda underwhelming.

Only tagged in case someone wanted to see them for themselves.

Also its a bit underwhelming, but still a pretty cool thing. Also a bit of brilliance, because remembering strings of 9 letter passwords is much easier if you can decode them into meaningful bits of information.

So I wonder if Brother or other Myrmidons are tied to 999.

Certainly hope a third game pans out, would be an amazing trilogy.

According to the Gold File, Free The Soul funded the first Nonary game. And Ace was a devoted member of the cult.

Busaiku

Ace is a Free The Soul member, so yeah.

Also, that last sequence had a couple of little errors.
There were some throughout the game, but it was most concentrated there.
Like "got" for "get" or "were" for "where".

Oh, one of the Gold Files had the text partially cut off in the 3DS version. Is it the same in the Vita version?

File is: Principle of causality. It cuts off at the: "it would be more accurate to say that the quantum"

but Ben is such a gentleman on Twitter. now we know the true Ben!

the really funny thing is now we know he was saying those things in his 67 year old body.

It is no wonder the ladies didn't respond too favorably. 22 year old Siggy is pretty good looking.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Oh, one of the Gold Files had the text partially cut off in the 3DS version. Is it the same in the Vita version?

File is: Principle of causality. It cuts off at the: "it would be more accurate to say that the quantum"

It is no wonder the ladies didn't respond too favorably. 22 year old Siggy is pretty good looking.

Nope.

Busaiku

There's at least 1 other file like that as well.
It's really annoying.

Lusankya

haha, she likes older men

She doesn't always like his advances. ;)

Sigma: "Clover, try pulling the lever."
Clover: "Why do I have to do it?"
Sigma: "It might be dangerous."
Sigma: "I was hoping you could just wrap your hands around it and give it a good jerk. It is kinda big, but I'm sure you can handle it. Just… Be gentle."
Clover: "Uh… This doesn't seem like appropriate workplace behavior."
Clover: "You're kinda grossing me out."
Sigma: "I know you probably still think yourself as just a girl, but you have to become a woman some-"
Clover: "You're not making it any better!"
Clover: "Why don't you do it?"
Sigma: "If you can't take it, then maybe Luna can. Have you done this before? You just start at the base and work your way up, then give it a good tug once you get to the top."
Luna: "… Wh-What?"
Clover: "What is wrong with you?! If you're so desperate to give that lever a good time why don't you do it yourself!"
Clover: "Just leave me and Luna out of your sick fantasies, you creep!"
Sigma: "…"
Sigma: "Hmph. Fine, but I won't like it."

SoulUnison

Banned
She doesn't always like his advances. ;)

Am I the only person who thought the whole Lever conversation with Luna and Clover was kinda too far? I mean, it doesn't even seem all that playful - it's just full on creepy sexual harassment on Sigma's part.

If the other 2 had been "in on the joke" it would have been kind of off putting but passable, but Luna is nearly silent and pretty obviously uncomfortable, and Clover keeps trying to get him to stop to no avail, eventually flat out calling him a pervert and a creep.

ESPECIALLY looking back on it with the knowledge that Sigma appeared to be an old man. I'm surprised either of the two ladies present would even want to be around him anymore, after that.

Lusankya

Am I the only person who thought the whole Lever conversation with Luna and Clover was kinda too far? I mean, it doesn't even seem all that playful - it's just full on creepy sexual harassment on Sigma's part.

If the other 2 had been "in on the joke" it would have been kind of off putting but passable, but Luna is nearly silent and pretty obviously uncomfortable, and Clover keeps trying to get him to stop to no avail, eventually flat out calling him a pervert and a creep.

ESPECIALLY looking back on it with the knowledge that Sigma appeared to be an old man. I'm surprised either of the two ladies present would even want to be around him anymore, after that.

I don't know but he keeps on doing this sh*t with them. :D
They could create a comedy group: Sigma and the girls!

Clover: "The top is a lot more narrow than I thought..."
Luna: "Should I go?"
Clover: "Well, with a big skirt like that it might get kind of dangerous..."
Luna: "Oh. If I just hike it up, I think I should be-"
Clover: "And, uh, I think there's somebody down on all fours, trying to not look like he's staring up toward the bookshelf..."
Luna: "S-Sigma...?"
Clover: "What are you doing?"
Sigma: "I, uh... lost a contact..."
Clover: "You don't wear any!"
*WHACK*
Sigma: "Ow!"
Clover: "You climb."
Sigma: "Okay..."

Sigma: "Well, we've taken everything off of the desk."
Luna: "All that's left is the desk itself. I checked it out, but I didn't find anything suspicious..."
Clover: "...And I'm not seeing anything underneath it either."
Sigma: " O-Oh my God! Clover, don't move!"
Clover: "Huh? Is there something wrong?"
Sigma (to himself): "I thought girls only did this pose in magazines! To see it in real life, and from behind no less--!"
Clover: "What's going on? I'm coming back out."
Sigma: "Okay. Man that was good..."
Clover: "What are you talking about?"
Sigma: "Oh, nothing. Just thinking out loud."

He does that a lot with Luna and Clover, sometimes also with Alice. Phi threatened him to break all his bones if he ever touched her, so he usually spares her. ;)

Agreed. Sigma zoomed way past creepy territory. Granted if he looked young they probably would have been more okay with it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wanna see K in a swimsuit now.

K in an armor with a swimsuit or K without the armor in a swimsuit?

I bet a lot of people would like a K without the armor in a swimsuit
not me :p

Hmm, doesn't the whole "stronger espers cancel out the power of weaker espers" contradict everything we know about the first nonary game? Why kidnap 16 kids when only two (the strongest sender, and the strongest reciever) could do anything?

Top Bottom