• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visceral showed off their new game to the press today

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's not about the arrangement.

It's just a hint that their next game is mobile, duh.

F2P battlefield for mobile phones. The S.W.A.T. is convenient for asynch play. It will still be first person, though.

On this note, EA is actually making a larger-scale mobile Battlefield game, but I'm unsure who is doing it: http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/...with-frank-gibeau/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

NYT said:
Q. Can a game like Battlefield really be enjoyable on a smaller screen?

A. You can play Battlefield on a tablet in commander mode. We are working on a mobile game of Battlefield that will be high-end and high-performance. It’s our bet that we can successfully pull that off. But we’re embarking on something no one has ever done before — to get these games to inter-operate between platforms. Will it work? It already has in some cases. Will it work for all franchises? Not all franchises will make the transition. Battlefield might be a little harder.

Jesb

What current game? Dead Space 3?

Yes, Dead Space 3, thanks for pointing out the developer making the game and not the publisher who took your money and ****** up and is ready to promote their next game in the series. But since were on the subject of Dead Space 3, yes that game, the game that killed that series.

Kayant

eF3rOvr.png

Hahahah Looool

That samsung and apple paradise.

Edit -

What can we expect to be different from the mainstream battlefield?

SZips

Yes, Dead Space 3, thanks for pointing out the developer making the game and not the publisher who took your money and ****** up and is ready to promote their next game in the series. But since were on the subject of Dead Space 3, yes that game, the game that killed that series.

You seem irrationally angry.

Yes, Battlefield 4 was terrible and sure, EA probably had a huge role in pushing that game out before it was actually done but this is still a completely different developer working on the game. Battlefield 4 soured the franchise for me, like I'm sure it did to many people, but I'm at least going to try to keep an open mind about a new entry in the series that isn't being developed by DICE.

Also, Dead Space 3 was fun.

Mechazawa

I know this might be heresy, but I hope the SWAT transition means this is a more small scale Battlefield. I got something out of the original Bad Company that I haven't been able to get out of this series ever since.

Jesb

You seem irrationally angry.

Yes, Battlefield 4 was terrible and sure, EA probably had a huge role in pushing that game out before it was actually done but this is still a completely different developer working on the game. Battlefield 4 soured the franchise for me, like I'm sure it did to many people, but I'm at least going to try to keep an open mind about a new entry in the series that isn't being developed by DICE.

Also, Dead Space 3 was fun.

I bought the game when it first came out and could never play the game properly, I also know someone from another forum that got a server for us to play the game and he wasted his money on that too because of the pos they gave us with BF4. I'm not being irrational, not at all. What pisses me off too is I should be looking forward to this next game since the developer is one that I like, but instead when I see battlefield anything it just pisses me off.

Archpath1

Was there a confirmation on this being a fps previously ? Would be interesting if it was 3rd person something like socom or GR

n0tail

Banned
If it's that rumored Cops N Robbers Battlefield, I will be very happy. Will definitely be buying that. Love Battlefield's graphics, simply gorgeous.

Floex

Just give me The Raid (the bits with guns) mixed with multi-player across multiple buildings and I'm set.

Nemesis_

Disappointed if Visceral really are working on a new Battlefield rather than something interesting like a new Dead Space. But we'll see what happens in the coming months. This is obviously going to be at EA's conference this week, so we're not too far away from finding out regardless.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Was there a confirmation on this being a fps previously ? Would be interesting if it was 3rd person something like socom or GR

See the speculation thread of Nirolak here

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=729604

Exhibit #3.) Visceral has been hiring FPS game testers...

In theory that could be for their Battlefield mainline content, but yeah, I would be at least mildly surprised at third person.

It's not impossible though. They have notably different sales performance expectations on this than the main games.

On this off chance this isn't Battlefield (it's Battlefield), I made this a separate thread from the Battlefield S.W.A.T. thread.

Today:

visceral1esufb.png

And seemingly to Game Informer last week:

visceral2fju4q.png

I was just about to make a joke about how awesome it would be to see one flip phone in the bunch and then I saw it LOL

lol why the fuck would you censor yourself? o_O

Corpsepyre

Banned
I suppose I should be excited Visceral is coming out with a new game, but HOW is that possible when everything points to a new Battlefield? :/ I'd take a Dead Space 4 over this any day or even a reboot of sorts, or ANYTHING not Battlefield related by this company. They're too talented for this.

Timeaisis

Visceral used to be a really promising developer for me. I was really excited after DS1, 2 and, yes even Dante's Inferno.

Now there just making Battlefield. Meh.

Leb

So, in light of the other thread closure, are we to infer that the name is inaccurate or the theme is inaccurate?

d0nnie

Banned
Does the only flip phone in the pile belong to an intern or something?

As long as the game doesn't ship broken...

TTUVAPOR

Banned
In my opinion, if they announce something at E3, i'd say it's probably like when DICE announced Battlefield Vietnam as its own game attached to Battlefield 3.

I suppose I should be excited Visceral is coming out with a new game, but HOW is that possible when everything points to a new Battlefield? :/ I'd take a Dead Space 4 over this any day or even a reboot of sorts, or ANYTHING not Battlefield related by this company. They're too talented for this.

Visceral, in my opinion, would need to rethink the next Dead Space, if they were to eventually go back to it. DS 3 was bloated and Isaac was just a complete douche-nozzle for the majority of the game.

Not to take away from the current topic, but I think Visceral needs time away from the Dead Space franchise to get the creative juices a refill. Come back with something that harkens back to the terror of 1 and 2.

Battlefield: Cops. Too early for their Star Wars game, right?

Way too early. Their Battlefield game is supposed to come out later this year. EA's schedule that they released during their last financial call had one unannounced game scheduled for release this year. That's Battlefield since NFS has been confirmed to be skipping 2014.

I only had issues with BF4 for the first couple of weeks on PS4 in the form of occasional crashes, but it's been fine for months for me. The core game is excellent, much better than BF3

I just want BC3 though

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Not widely known, but they also helped make Battlefield 3: End Game and heavily assisted with Battlefield 4.
There are assets in the game that say Visceral :3

Top Bottom