• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visceral showed off their new game to the press today

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I had that same flip phone until I finally upgraded a few months ago.

I kinda miss it. Not having to wait a few seconds from pressing the phone button for ohyouactuallywanttomakeacall.exe to load up, buttons enabling you to blind-dial/text, a battery that holds a charge for a good two weeks? Kinda novel functionalities for a phone, in retrospect!

Hip Hop

I really don't think EA can pull off a good BF game on yearly basis

I bet they can (and they will, bugs aside).

Both studios have 2 years of development with every game, nothing has changed. This has been the same time frame since Battlefield began.

I'm sure they are using the technology already created by DICE, so most likely they'll be re-using assets/animations, just with some tweaks here and there to differentiate the games. Different weapons/maps and you have a different game already.

The gameplay shouldn't be a radical change at all, if people liked BF3/BF4, they will like this game.

That was even worse for us, because the leak landed in *our* tip inbox. We couldn't just ignore that.

Damn man, that's rough. I guess I can understand both sides of the argument for press events and embargos. In a perfect world, there wouldn't be leaks, and the embargos allow everyone to be able to put up quality content on the game. It's shitty for journalists and sites to not be able to say "yes, this leak is real, more coming soon". I guess I at least prefer how Ubisoft seems to handle things, especially with the announcements of the last two AC games where the game leaked, and then they were like "yea, it's real. More on X day."

Not only are these events annoying for the reasons you cited, they put journalists in terrible positions when stuff leaks out that they've seen under NDA.

In general I understand, but since this will be revealed at E3 wouldn't it be better to have a press event beforehand considering the large amount of games outlets will have to preview?
Seems to me like it would be better to write that Battlefield SWAT preview two weeks before E3 vs day of along with the other 5 games or so EA shows off in their conference.
I'm not a journalist though.

Leb

That was even worse for us, because the leak landed in *our* tip inbox. We couldn't just ignore that.

Out of curiosity, in your various dealings with these PR guys, have any of the flacks ever articulated a clear position on why the absurd amounts of secrecy are necessary/beneficial to this process?

battlefield_badcop.jpg

Seems like there is a danger of coming across as tone deaf here, still...

Did anyone else play Urban Chaos from Rocksteady? Could be fun if handled right.

I will miss you, Dead Space. You were literally the only serious AAA horror effort last generation, and that turned out to be quite an accomplishment.
no I never did. That said I'm immediately more interested in a game where you play as a cop than a game where you're a soldier.

One of my dream games is you're a patrol officer in an open world city and get called out to handle various situations the best you can (with a minimum of shootbang). I know this will probably be Call of Duty with cops, but it's a start.

Yes, you will surely get bomb defusal bots and perhaps quadrotors. That's totally what you meant right?
Haha

I was thinking something more along the lines of the venerable SWAT series.

If it is bf swat, really hope they make a battlefield version of counter strikes hostage, similar to how cod has like 3 versions of search and destory

DaciaJC

Gold Member
What is his/her name and where are they now?

There were a few of them. One, Inge-Jøran Holberg (DICE_Pirelli) worked on Arica Harbor in BC2 and designed Operation Metro, Operation Firestorm, and Kharg Island in BF3. He and the other map designers of BF3 (Diego Jimenez, Niklas Åstrand, Gustav Halling) are credited on BC2 and BF4, so I'm guessing they're all still at DICE.

Opinion time: I thought that, with a few exceptions (Harvest Day, Panama Canal, Atacama Desert), BC2's maps were either mediocre or downright poor, paling in comparison to the Conquest maps found in older entries of the series.

Cops and Robbers could be awesome. I don't care if its called Battlefield. A modern, multiplayer swat game would be something I'm interested in.

Actually booted dead space 3 for the first time since maybe two months after it launched. While I appreciate that the series got away from its roots ( 2 is still my personal favourite), I do really love that game. The art work/visual presentation of the game is fantastic, some really really top voice acting, great score, and while yea, a bit more shoot bang, great polished gameplay. They really know how to ramp up the pace and knock out a fantastic action sequence. When Visceral set out to achieve something, they really go the full mile. That alone has me quite psyched to see what they can do within the battlefield setting. Really excited to see what they can do a few years on from DS3.

Top Bottom