• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visions of Mana/Metaphor already ranked in Xbox Most Played Games in Japan

gokurho

Ac4y4NE.jpeg

Metaphor #38
VoM #39

They are already very popular in Japan even before their release 🙆‍♂️ 🙆‍♂️ 🙆‍♂️🙆‍♂️🙆‍♂️ 🙆‍♂️ 🙆‍♂️🙆‍♂️🙆‍♂️🙆‍♂️🙆‍♂️🙆‍♂️

Astray

Gold Member
I wonder how much Xbox and PS "cheat" on their top titles lists.

Like the Metaphor thing has to be absolutely known to the Xbox team at this point, and not seeing it "fixed" implies to me that it's a feature and not a bug, so to speak.

I wonder if PS does the same thing to "boost" newer titles as needed too.

Woopah

I wonder how much Xbox and PS "cheat" on their top titles lists.

Like the Metaphor thing has to be absolutely known to the Xbox team at this point, and not seeing it "fixed" implies to me that it's a feature and not a bug, so to speak.

I wonder if PS does the same thing to "boost" newer titles as needed too.
I think this explanation might actually be true, and that it's not a bug:
Alternate take: So few people play Xbox in japan that the testing teams for these two games alone rank the games on the top played charts.

(observation and a joke...not warring post)

Astray

Gold Member
I think this explanation might actually be true, and that it's not a bug:
I mean true, but if they do this with other games then they are providing the companies with a way to "juice" their rankings on launch.

All platforms need to be clear on this imo as it's a shady practice.

saintjules

Do these ranks ever mean anything by the time these games get released? Always seen these as hype lists with no meaning ultimately.

Shin-Ra

Reminds me of that time I’d apparently played Black Ops 4, but hadn’t at all.

RITpz2Q.png

Pretty sure I wasn’t playing any multiplayer that month either. August 2021.

Woopah

I mean true, but if they do this with other games then they are providing the companies with a way to "juice" their rankings on launch.

All platforms need to be clear on this imo as it's a shady practice.
In most countries the number of testers would not be enough to influence the rankings I don't think. Publishers are paying testers to test the game, I don't think they are purposefully trying to juice the rankings pre launch.

I don't see anything shady about it. It's just an unintended effect of the small number of Xbox users in Japan.

Top Bottom