• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita 3000 trademarked?

gai_shain

Fuck's sake can we stop with this idiotic joke/meme already?
There's even a thread that lists 50+ games releasing this year alone on the Vita.
...and don't give me the indie excuse; those same indies would release on 3DS and NO ONE on GAF would complain about it.
So 1 game this year for every vita owner nice

SeppOCE

Here's how Sony should do it:

Add L2/R2
Add HDMI
Focus on making it even cheaper/lighter/more portable

Market it as some sort of all-in-one machine. Something you can take on the go and plug into your TV to suit a wide range of needs whilst also mentioning remote-play here and there.

Note that I didn't mention the unrealistic request of micro-sd memory storage because Sony, but if we want to be even more unrealistic than my current proposition then sure pretend I said it :)

Not gonna say 'profit' because, yeah... But it'll still push a lot of people towards buying it, a lot more than there are now. I mean I myself almost went for a Vita TV before I saw it can't even play all the games a standard Vita can, after that I got a pre-owned OLED model. I'd buy something like this day one if it had the three things I listed.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
https://twitter.com/trademark_bot/status/590044236822753281
KLqSpdB.png

Looks like Vita 3000 got trademarked in japan. It seems to come with a HDMI port this time.

Im disappointed by that it appears they left in the front and rear camera. Shit is useless and they should have ditched it to reduce production costs.

If it has a HDMI port and other solid revisions I'll upgrade from my 1000.

Guys, if it supports regular SD cards, is there not a chance that our existing Vita memory cards won't work?

Im disappointed by that it appears they left in the front and rear camera. Shit is useless and they should have ditched it to reduce production costs.

A feature is only as useless as the support it gets. Tearaway uses the camera to great affect.

hwy_61

Banned
Hah!

Add me to the wall of shame if this comes out. I was one of the posters that said there would be no way in hell.

Crow feast here I come.

Parakeetman

Have to keep them for Tearaway

If it has a HDMI port and other solid revisions I'll upgrade from my 1000.

Guys, if it supports regular SD cards, is there not a chance that our existing Vita memory cards won't work?

A feature is only as useless as the support it gets. Tearaway uses the camera to great affect.

For a single title. Yeah that is fairly useless.

Overall market penetration via price reduction > single title.

Even though there is other existing AR stuff, its still not worth keeping on there.

Muzicfreq

Banned
I would totally get one if it had third party memory card support.

Would be awesome if it had a micro SD reader to even at least used as a storage space for game swapping.
Though I don't know if Sony would since that would introduce a quick and massive wave of piracy

.... though then again they would sell a hell of a lot more units

Etria

please be oled and take 3rd party mem cards, and i'll switch from my 1000

Please MicroSD...
Please MicroSD...
Please MicroSD...

I usually don't bother with upgrading to new versions of consoles but I'd probably have to if they switched to using regular micro sd cards instead or their usual ones unless they really dropped the price on them.

HDMI out would be a nice addition if there's anything to this

what they really need for a potential new model is mSD support and redesigned shoulder buttons though

If they do decide to change to microSD, then I will buy another one just for that, regardless of any other changes.

Muzicfreq

Banned
For a single title. Yeah that is fairly useless.

Overall market penetration via price reduction > single title.

Even though there is other existing AR stuff, its still not worth keeping on there.

So sony should just tell one of their first parties to shove it?
Bad move.

Also I doubt the camera is even worth 10cents since the quality is worse than my old slider phone

Piccoro

HDMI port is a great thing if it allows the Vita to be connected to the TV, just like the PSP.
And I hope that there's Dualshock 3 and 4 connectivity with bluetooth.

And that first post is great...

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Are you still at this point? Vita haters left the no gaemz bullshit long time ago.

Anybody that says bullshit like the Vita has no games is someone I can't take seriously. I didn't take them seriously when they said that bullshit in 2012 and I don't take them seriously now.

However I do think the point that Sony themselves aren't bothering with Vita games is valid. Assuming that post is referring only to the games Sony themselves are making for Vita, it's justified.

Parakeetman

Bad move.

Also I doubt the camera is even worth 10cents since the quality is worse than my old slider phone

Yes Id say its worth it.

Same goes with scrapping the rear touchpad. That thing was always an abomination concocted by someone sleeping with the good idea fairy.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
As a happy Vita owner, yes I'm still at this point.

If you talk about Sony then you are right but honestly SCEJA apart i can deal with the lack of their support, if you say in general then i disagree, sadly western developers don't make handheld games, 3ds included, so you can't count on them anyway, but japanese ones make lots of Vita games.

Anybody that says bullshit like the Vita has no games is someone I can't take seriously. I didn't take them seriously when they said that bullshit in 2012 and I don't take them seriously now.

However I do think the point that Sony themselves aren't borthering with Vita games is valid. Assuming that post is referring only to the games Sony themselves are making for Vita, it's justified.
Yes it's what i think.

Ogawa-san

I really want to believe they'd make a revision that's more dedicated to RP with clickable sticks and extra triggers, but I can't see them making something that'll end up being more expensive than the 2000, even if worth the price difference.

But hey, if it turns out to have HDMI out I'm definitely getting one and selling my PSTV.

If it includes triggers and they lower the price, consider me sold on getting a second Vita. Micro SD would be perfect but I don't expect it.

Matriox

Bad move.

To be fair, the Vita TV doesn't support a decent amount of 1st party games right? I assume Tearaway doesn't work there.

MetalDeer

Well, I guess I'll hold off buying a 64GB memory card, then. Seeing how that's more than half the cost of a Vita...

Non-proprietary memory cards would be really great. It probably won't happen, but one can hope.

Rootbeer

Banned
Drop the shitty proprietary memory!!

I will upgrade if it uses SDHC or MicroSDHC

don't ever pull this memory bullshit again, sony

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yes Id say its worth it.

Same goes with scrapping the rear touchpad. That thing was always an abomination concocted by someone sleeping with the good idea fairy.

I disagree. I think the rear touchpad was a fantastic idea that doesn't get enough credit. Here's the thing. Implementing secondary shoulder buttons and clickable sticks was always a tough task considering the form factor they were going for. So they came up with a solution. A touch pad on the back to give you those extra input options. Without the rear touch pad you simply have less input options, because I can assure you that Sony would not have included buttons there if the rear touch pad wasn't there.

ZeroX03

Banned
I need MicroSD and HDMI upgrade. Unfortunately with PlayStation TV and the prices of memory cards I'm not sure we could get either of those things. If PSTV gets discontinued maybe HDMI would be on the table. I was going to say triggers but realized they'd be pointless as I use my Shield to remote play anyway.

Considering every hardware revision of a Sony console has been leaked before E3, I'm inclined the believe this.

I can't see them announcing this at E3. It wouldn't surprise me if any future system revisions never made it to the West.

Top Bottom