• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita can't connect to PSN store on firmware 3.57

kingkaiser

Oh wow, just did a database rebuild and all it managed to do, is to screw up the arrangement of all my apps, still cannot sign in to the store, though.

Man, rearranging all that icons will be one big pain in the ass, thanks to the cumbersome way this is handled on the Vita.

Sony being Sony...

Oh wow, just did a database rebuild and all it managed to do, is to screw up the arrangement of all my apps, still cannot sign in to the store, though.

Man, rearranging all that icons will be one big pain in the ass, thanks to the cumbersome way this is handled on the Vita.

Sony being Sony...
Sorry man. Hope it works for someone though.

Error1355

I am having store issues and my battery life is drastically worse...

Didn't realize this was something more people were experiencing. Jeez.

I'll have to wait until I get home to try rebuilding my database.

Alright, I did some testing. I used my buddies vita, which was having the store problem, and rebuilt the database. No dice.
I rebuilt AGAIN and Boom! It works perfectly.
So don't don't give up hope everyone!

EDIT: I switched a memory card out and it screws it up again. An additional rebuild fixes it once more.

Potential (temp?) working fix for those who are still having store issues and rebuilding the databank base and restoring the system hasn't worked

Haven't tested the battery yet but I think the two are probably related

http://i.imgur.com/ZRqYPWs.jpg

1. Go to your network settings
2. Press advanced settings
3. Go to DNS settings and choose manual
4. Make the primary DNS 185.37.37.37
5. Make the secondary DNS 185.37.39.39
Leave everything else the same
6. Press ok
7. Perform connection test
8. Restart

Fixed the store issues for me! Will have to test the battery tonight overnight

Edit: yeah it's back to not working again :(

CLEEK

Another workaround for the store. You can purchase games on the webstore and set them to download to your Vita. You need to power cycle your Vita. On startup, it checks to see if it has anything in its download queue.

I did this successfully yesterday to buy a couple of the Final Fantasy games on sale.

stuminus3

Fixed the store issues for me! Will have to test the battery tonight overnight
Thanks anyway but it didn't work for me. :(

Now I've decided to try a full restore but now I can't even log in to my PSN account at the setup, it sits on "please wait" forever. My PS3 and PS4 are currently logged in to PSN just fine on the same network on the same internet connection.

In the bin with this thing. Vita means life my arse. Spent a lot of money on games over the holidays and I can't even log in to download them.

I was able to get on the store once after updating. Still no battery issues for me.

I actually talked to the live chat support, they are aware of it which is nice I guess but they wanted me to restore everything so I quit the chat at that point.

Tiktaalik

Another workaround for the store. You can purchase games on the webstore and set them to download to your Vita. You need to power cycle your Vita. On startup, it checks to see if it has anything in its download queue.

I did this successfully yesterday to buy a couple of the Final Fantasy games on sale.

Nice. Good idea. I'll have to do that. I just bought a 2000 and bigger 32 gig card and hadn't moved all my psn games over yet. I'm going on vacation tomorrow with a long flight so this crazy bug couldn't come at a worse time.

plufim

To be fair, the PSN store is pretty garbage on every console.
Always use the web browser PSN store on my phone (but NOT the ap), then go to my download list on vita or PS3.

I can never comprehend when people call the eShop the worst digital store.

Edit: awesome idea about power cycling to get it to download without an update. @SPE, you are good people.

I have an 1000 and I didn't even check it after I updated it last time. saw this thread and went to turn it on, sure enough the battery is dead and even after I recharged it, the thing only lasted less a day in sleep mode. and I also have trouble connecting to the store. hopefully this get fix soon.

Mozendo

Is it possible to download PSP games via Media Go and somehow transfer them to the Vita?
Can't connect to PSN after several retries, battery life is even worse than ever, and all I want to do is play Breath of Fire IV and this whole thing has put me in a bad mood.

Is it possible to download PSP games via Media Go and somehow transfer them to the Vita?
Can't connect to PSN after several retries, battery life is even worse than ever, and all I want to do is play Breath of Fire IV and this whole thing has put me in a bad mood.

Buy from webstore/ log in from webstore, go to Download List, click "Download To Your PS Vita" for the game you want

then again I'm not getting battery drain/PSN lockout so maybe that fails tooç

L.O.R.D

Just tried opening the store on Vita and it was quick .
i noticed the better is almost 70% , but i think this because i left the wireless on for 3 days and when i wake it up I found several games updated and trophy is synced.

I guess not all Vita is effected.

Powwa

Did someone from Sony said something about this? It's crazy we still haven't heard of a new update. At least tell us that you are trying to fix it.

So the DNS solution worked for a minute for me and then didn't work. However this fix from Reddit has been working for most of the night

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/43jvjw/found_a_possible_psn_fix_that_may_work_for_some/

1. Turn off Vita
2. Remove memory card
3. Turn on Vita
Your database should update at this point
4. Access the Store
You should be able to access the store
5. Turn off your Vita
6. Re-insert Vita memory card
7. Turn on Vita again
Your database should update again at this point
8. Try and access the PSN store and it should (might?) work

Worked for me. Have now been able to access the store several times tonight and also download items with no issues.

Good luck all

Nekobo

I can access the store and my download list, but it constantly times out. Queuing up downloads from the web store doesn't seem to work, either.

Regarding the battery, the latest update has rendered sleep mode useless on my Vita. My battery is completely drained after 6-7 hours. Previously it would last up to a week when I hit the Home button and leave a game suspended. Sony needs to fix this ASAP.

Uhyve

Sony support are completely quiet on this issue. I contacted their twitter support and they replied within an hour asking for details, but when I pointed them here, I've had radio silence since.

It's unacceptable. Seriously, do I need to return my PSTV, it's still within the returns period...

FStubbs

It's the Vita. Fixing this issue ranks around the level of replacing red pens that are out of ink on Sony's to-do list.

Updated my Vita 2000. I was still able to access the store. I didn't test the battery, so I'm not sure if there is anything wrong there.

So the DNS solution worked for a minute for me and then didn't work. However this fix from Reddit has been working for most of the night

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/43jvjw/found_a_possible_psn_fix_that_may_work_for_some/

1. Turn off Vita
2. Remove memory card
3. Turn on Vita
4. Access the Store
5. Turn off your Vita
7. Turn on Vita again

Worked for me. Have now been able to access the store several times tonight and also download items with no issues.

Good luck all

I'm going to try this out. Guessing that Sony hasn't acknowledged the issue yet, since they just asked me to DM on twitter. I hope they're able to at least acknowledge. It does seem silly to have to jump through hoops to return a system to full working order after a software update.

I bought Lego Avengers last night on the PSN, it took me a couple tries to stay connection to the PSN but it worked. I had to restart my vita a few times due to freezing during the menus/downloads when i tried to multitask. Also the battery is draining like I am powering my homes electricity with it. I really hope Sony aknowledges this. My gf got me this vita for xmas and I love it but seriously Sony did you just release an update to bury the Vita? lmao

Gestault

Left my Vita in airplane mode, the battery still died after 6-7 hours in sleep mode.

Holy wow. How common is this? I'm a step behind current firmware and haven't updated (not related to this issue, just lazy) and now I'm sort of wondering what could even cause that. Standby mode was a must-have for how I use the system.

ghibli99

Had this happen the other night on my 2000... I'll try that solution, thanks. Thought it was server-side, and just gave up.

Nekobo

Holy wow. How common is this? I'm a step behind current firmware and haven't updated (not related to this issue, just lazy) and now I'm sort of wondering what could even cause that. Standby mode was a must-have for how I use the system.

I would totally hold off. The standby function being broken is a deal breaker for me since I play it in short spurts. I had to actually turn off my Vita for the first time in years because of this.

StereoVsn

I would totally hold off. The standby function being broken is a deal breaker for me since I play it in short spurts. I had to actually turn off my Vita for the first time in years because of this.
Unfortunately it's the background apps that appear to consume battery life. With WiFi and background apps off, it lasts quite a bit but that kills the point of suspend.

Vashetti

Banned
I'd expect a minor firmware update in a week or two to fix this, it's pretty widespread with several major sites reporting on it.

I'm sick of the fact that Sony has not even bothered to acknowledge the problem and issue a response. Disgusting.

If not the consumer backlash... shouldn't dev backlash be what brings this to sony's attention? This is the devs losing money now.

Sucks that Digimon on Vita will likely lose sales because of this issue. Vita owners fought hard to make it happen too.

georly

If not the consumer backlash... shouldn't dev backlash be what brings this to sony's attention? This is the devs losing money now.

AmyS

1. Turn off Vita
2. Remove memory card
3. Turn on Vita
4. Access the Store
5. Turn off your Vita
7. Turn on Vita again

Good luck all

I tried this and it worked. Got into the PS Vita Store. Then powered off.
Tried it again about 10 minutes later and searched for some content in store without any problem. So far, so good.

Glad I found this thread. Noticed my Vita has been dying in standby mode lately and couldn't figure it out. Google only have me results from 2013.

Noticed in the Kotaku article that the latest update is causing it for some. Hopefully they get a fix out soon. I'm out of town for work and would like to get to play on it a bit on the flights later this week.

urfe

I have the webstore issue but not the battery issue.

Vita battery has always been and still is amazing for me.

Night and day from 3DS.

Top Bottom