• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita launched without a Ridge Racer in North America

Curufinwe

I'd buy some ridge racer if it came out on PS2 classics or PS1 classics.

http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/games/r4-ridge-racer-type-4-ps3-psp.html

npuj-00797-packfront.jpg

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I don't really get this game. Out of the current 8 tracks there are a couple of races I get absolutely dicked even when I use 3-4 nitros, struggling to break out of 6th position, then the next track I come first and don't use any nitro at all.

I like the game, for the price (I paid less than half the price of the lowest RRP/MSRP title) but the Spot Races and other modes aren't really entirely clear.

What does this mean?

Were the Mayan calendars correct?

Will Kaz Hirai now have to import a copy of RRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEERRRRR from Europe or Japan, where it launched alongside the device?

Comedy aside, good on Scamco for not launching DLC Racer in North America until it has a decent amount of content. Otherwise it would've been eaten by WipEout 2048.

Launch is the only time a Ridge Racer game will sell, stupid Namco.

If this means Wipeout sells more, then I'm perfectly fine with it.

OK so the game is coming 3/13 with the same free DLC Europe got but it only adds 5 cars and 3 more tracks bringing the tally to 10 cars and 6 tracks. Still seems pretty weak, more DLC coming in April adds more cars/tracks but no price was set. I love RR and the PSP game was the best thing (with Lumines) at launch back then, but this still seems pretty bare bones. How many cars/tracks are in RR for 3DS or RR7 for comparison?

Top Bottom