• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game And Service Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
New Vita Bundle available next week:

8228393648_92efae6b17_z.jpg

They should at least photoshop bigger boobs into Kat's flat wasteland for people to buy this thing.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
It's what converted me. Well, that and the surprising amount of games I wanted to play for a device with no games. :lol

I'm glad it's not the white version, I feel special.

I think most people here would argue that its their strongest selling point. Not properly advertising it would have been super stupid.

New Vita Bundle available next week:

8228393648_92efae6b17_z.jpg

This bundle contains everything you need to get started, including a PS Vita 3G Wi-Fi system, 1-uyear membership to PS Plus, a Unit 13 game voucher and a 4 GB Memory Card for only $299.99 (MSRP), a combined savings of over $99.

Not a bad bundle. But Vita needs a price drop more than anything else. :(

Nice that they're advertising ps+ but the price is too high. Why are they bundling the 3g version?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
agreed they need a price drop rather than a bundle.... granted you can only go lower after a $drop, so pack-ins are a great incentive and way to keep a high price early on.

sony prolly loses less money including all these pack-ins than they would on a 50$ price drop.

dont forget every new ps+ user = x amount of more games being bought digitally even if the sub is free!

sidenote - are there any zelda like experiences for the vita? psp? ps1?

ive heard alundra and the ys series?? are they or is there anything else?

DBT85

Some people are really persevering (thats chess btw). I didnt even know a negative Elo ranking was achievable. I thought the amount of points subtracted would go near zero at one point.

Also, its a bit sad to see that they only sold 2100 copies of the game on Vita :( Thats like what? $19k ? Hopefully the DLC purchases even that out a bit.

It's not great, but then it was out on launch day with 25 other games, got little air time and isn't exactly a typical core gamers first thought when it comes to something to play.

I wonder how many it got on the PS3.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
agreed they need a price drop rather than a bundle.... granted you can only go lower after a $drop, so pack-ins are a great incentive and way to keep a high price early on.

sony prolly loses less money including all these pack-ins than they would on a 50$ price drop.

dont forget every new ps+ user = x amount of more games being bought digitally even if the sub is free!

AlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundraAlundra.

Pick one of the above!

(Just... believe me on this one and go buy it immediately for you to play on your 2 week trip. Please. You wont regret it. I'd even go as far to say that its the best Zelda type game.)

Alundra especially, yes.

Takao

Banned
Nice that they're advertising ps+ but the price is too high. Why are they bundling the 3g version?

Because the WiFi units have the CoD, and AC bundles for $249. It's either discontinue the 3G models (which could happen) or give them a good bundle on their own. The price increase also probably mitigates some lost money for Sony.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Does anyone here own a 3G version? Personally, being in Canada, I have no intention of ever getting one and getting reamed by Rogers.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

yes Alundra is the best Zelda-ish game ever, even better than alttp.

other than that on the PSP section there is Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure which is pretty good too.

Toma

I agree on something with Toto :/ Hopefully I am not getting sick or something, it was pretty cold outside earlier... might check in with my doctor just in case.

What?! How dare you??? That's one of my favorite games of all time, probably my favorite Zelda game.. is it really that good? I've never played it but I was wondering if it had an overworld and stuff.

zulux21

Yup.

You can play one of these games at a time! yay!

now now you can fit gravity rush, jet set radio, mutant blobs, and FFT on the 4gb at the same time.

I had it that way on my vita for a bit, then I opted to trade out jet set for alundra and Castlevanyia SOTN lol

What?! How dare you??? That's one of my favorite games of all time, probably my favorite Zelda game.. is it really that good? I've never played it but I was wondering if it had an overworld and stuff.

personally I enjoyed ALTTP way more then my time I have spent with Alundra, so I will at least be one non glowing review for Alundra, I've only managed to get through the first few hours of Alundra though.

Toma

Dude. Seriously. Go play it. It has a very vast overworld with tons of secrets, a very mature and interesting story(not just: save the princess!) and is quite challenging. If you play it without guide/walkthroughs, finding/figuring out all the secrets and secret puzzles will take you a good while.

I also LOVED the themes for some of the dungeons, but I wont spoil it for you as its a major story development early on that really surprised me.

Just to be honest, if there is one thing most Zelda games do better its the dungeon traversal. However, the story, mystery found in Alundra and the secrets (which I felt almost all of the new Zeldas were missing) make up for a LOT. It still has interesting puzzles, so dont worry about that.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

It's that good and there is overworld and all, think of Zelda alltp but in harder difficulty, with smarter puzzles and more complex dungeons,super big magic attacks,more boss fights and with "darker" and bigger story.

really every Zelda fan with any of the PlayStation systems should get it.

That reminds me! Where is DOA extreme for vita?!

well Neo Team Ninja are busy working on Sigma2+ for Vita right now I think a DOA5 or a new DOAX might hit Vita when they are done with that (or if Sigma2+ sell well on the).

Shahed

For someone who absolutely loves the Zelda franchise (second favourite in gaming), the only clone I've played is Darksiders. Never played Alundra, Okami or any others.

And leave Kat alone!

Lima

Shit I will buy this now. What is mapped to the L2 and R2 for the game? I hate that I press them on accident all the time on Vita.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
And... Charted! - Crushing done. Now to get the shotgun kills, GAU kills, one of the grenade launcher kills and the last 5-6 or so bounties and I've platted the game. >_>

Toma

Shit I will buy this now. What is mapped to the L2 and R2 for the game? I hate that I press them on accident all the time on Vita.

How can you... press L2 and R2 accidentally on Vita? Or were you talking about PS1 emulation? Those are on the backtouch, yeah.

And... Charted! - Crushing done. Now to get the shotgun kills, GAU kills, one of the grenade launcher kills and the last 5-6 or so bounties and I've platted the game. >_>

How long did it take so far?

DBT85

Trying to push units I imagine. I doubt the 3G unit isn't sold at a profit.

Does anyone here own a 3G version? Personally, being in Canada, I have no intention of ever getting one and getting reamed by Rogers.

I do but I'm in the UK where Vita's roam free on any network we like.

How long did it take so far?

Irrelevant, he's had it with the new patch which made bounties much easier. Not to sound bitter, but I'm bitter lol.

Though I have to say, since the PS+ went live I've been getting 3 or 4 trade offers every day. When I was doing my plat run a month ago I was lucky if I got 1 every 2 days.

Lima

How can you... press L2 and R2 accidentally on Vita? Or were you talking about PS1 emulation? Those are on the backtouch, yeah.

Yes I was talking about emulation. My fingers rest on the backtouch pad and I press them all the time even though I don't want it. So I would like to know what actions are on L2 and R2 in the game.

falconzss

Nice, started my Crushing playthrough today. First time I died was on chapter 6. Hope I can finish it this weekend.

Oxn

Alundra is probably only better than lttp because lttp really isnt that good.

Links awakening stomps it to death.

Edit: yah top of the page so everyone can see this

Toma

Yes I was talking about emulation. My fingers rest on the backtouch pad and I press them all the time even though I don't want it. So I would like to know what actions are on L2 and R2 in the game.

Opening the menu screen on both.

Alundra is probably only better than lttp because lttp really isnt that good.

Links awakening stomps it to death.

Played Alundra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom