• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game And Service Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
you gotta be squidding me, of course they can get worse
Just for you:
What do you call a fish with no eyes?…
Fsh
A fish swam into a wall and said,
“Dam!”
Who sleeps at the bottom of the sea?…
Jack the kipper

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
sonic racing gonna be 10fps and subnative isn't it

Of course. Trophy support probably going to get canceled last minute as well.

I played the first maybe 5 hours, it is good, but i got sidetracked and never continued.

I am tempted to pick up a digital copy and do a BTTP/LTTP playing with you guys. Hoping for a sale though. Especially the first 1-2 hours were rather slow but damn, the exploration and level design (Overworld exploration especially) later on is just so ridiculously good.

Whenever I want to play P4G, everyfin goes wrong. There's always something that needs to be done but I can't do that because I'm addicted to P4G. aaaaaaaaagh

Just for you:
What do you call a fish with no eyes?…
Fsh
A fish swam into a wall and said,
“Dam!”
Who sleeps at the bottom of the sea?
… Jack the kipper
I laugh. Those are actually kind of fintastic, I liked the second one. EDIT: LIKE THE THIRD

Can't help but eel we're taking this thread down a downhill roe
d
then you better tuna-round before you make yourself look like a fool

Oddworld Inhabitants ‏@OddworldInc

We just found out today that Stranger' Wrath HD Vita has been approved by Sony in the Americas. Stand by for more info!

Yay!

It's real!

Toma

We just found out today that Stranger' Wrath HD Vita has been approved by Sony in the Americas. Stand by for more info!

Yay!

It's real!

Oh wow, third time owning it then. I might actually play it now >_>

Oxn

I'd like to trade in my steam version for Vita version pls

Ive held off on the steam version and psn version for sooo long.

I wanted it on handheld, it will be my first time.

Yaaaaaa, ive also wanted to play it back in the days on xbox, but i didnt like xbox.

Shahed

Yay!

It's real!

I'll only get it if it has cross saves with the PS3 version. Still got that from PS+ ages ago and haven't played it yet. It's in my backlog of quite a few PS+ games. Gonna have to finish Sleeping Dogs, Assassins Creed 3, Halo 4, Peace Walker and Ni No Kuni before I even think about my PS+ backlog games

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Most Vita games are native res though right?
Just a lot of the bigger names one aren't which I guess hurt the perception.

I was talking about this yesterday.

no footage with less than 2 weeks left to release+not even screens = garbage port.

Hey, JSR was good!

Toma

Wuthering just mentioned that a page or 2 ago and now they got an offer about it?!?!

:-oooo

look at this: http://us.playstation.com/psvita/games-and-media/

there are psp games on there

some aren't even downloadable on vita yet

Its not even including most of the PSP games, why including any at all. Maybe just a ,very broad, list for their biggest sellers currently or something.

Dude. Seriously. Go play it. It has a very vast overworld with tons of secrets, a very mature and interesting story(not just: save the princess!) and is quite challenging. If you play it without guide/walkthroughs, finding/figuring out all the secrets and secret puzzles will take you a good while.

I also LOVED the themes for some of the dungeons, but I wont spoil it for you as its a major story development early on that really surprised me.

Just to be honest, if there is one thing most Zelda games do better its the dungeon traversal. However, the story, mystery found in Alundra and the secrets (which I felt almost all of the new Zeldas were missing) make up for a LOT. It still has interesting puzzles, so dont worry about that.

It's that good and there is overworld and all, think of Zelda alltp but in harder difficulty, with smarter puzzles and more complex dungeons,super big magic attacks,more boss fights and with "darker" and bigger story.

really every Zelda fan with any of the PlayStation systems should get it.

Wow... that sounds seriously awesome. I'm going to pull the trigger on it when I get paid though, it's only like 5$ so that's a great price for the amount of content you guys are saying it has.

Alundra is probably only better than lttp because lttp really isnt that good.

Links awakening stomps it to death.

I dunno, I absolutely LOVED Link's Awakening and I also loved LTTP, but I think I have to agree that I enjoyed LA more because it was on a handheld. I'd play it everywhere, all the time. Now I'll get something similar with Alunda... /drool

I went to check the status of my NFS: MW order and EA's site is broken as usual. Sigh. As long as it gets here eventually...

Toma

Wow... that sounds seriously awesome. I'm going to pull the trigger on it when I get paid though, it's only like 5$ so that's a great price for the amount of content you guys are saying it has.

I dunno, I absolutely LOVED Link's Awakening and I also loved LTTP, but I think I have to agree that I enjoyed LA more because it was on a handheld. I'd play it everywhere, all the time. Now I'll get something similar with Alunda... /drool

It has a bit of a slow beginning because its very story focussed (compared to: "here is your sword, go find your shield!"), just so you can prepare your mindset.

Carl

Thinking of going back and trying to play Uncharted.

Are the bounties as fucking boring/as much of a pain in the arse as everyone says?

Huddy

Just picked up a Vita and LBP from Amazon.de. Quick question for the EU owners, I want to sign up to PS+ once it arrives to pick up Gravity rush and Uncharted, but I'm concerned I'll miss out on the games as my Vita will not be arriving until the 5th Dec at the latest, does anyone know if I've still got time to claim these?

Yopis

Are the bounties as fucking boring/as much of a pain in the arse as everyone says?

Yes but if you grind on lvls killing guys it goes faster. Waiting on near for a few every couple of hours got lame.

Takao

Banned
Let's challenge traffic control of the sky! On this "Haneda" edition, the player can try both the old three- runway version and the new four-runway version of the airport. There are 16 stages that are very enjoyable. Also, there is a replay mode so that the player can watch his/her operation whenever.

DBT85

They patched it when it went on PS+ so they are much easier to get now. Plus every bugger is playing it so you get lots of trade offers from Near.

Remember, Gyro aiming on, turn it up to 11.

Are we chums on PSN btw?

Lima

Just picked up a Vita and LBP from Amazon.de. Quick question for the EU owners, I want to sign up to PS+ once it arrives to pick up Gravity rush and Uncharted, but I'm concerned I'll miss out on the games as my Vita will not be arriving until the 5th Dec at the latest, does anyone know if I've still got time to claim these?

Yes the games will still be there.

If you have a PS3 you can go download them now just to be safe and transfer them to the Vita once you get it.

Carl

They patched it when it went on PS+ so they are much easier to get now. Plus every bugger is playing it so you get lots of trade offers from Near.

Remember, Gyro aiming on, turn it up to 11.

Are we chums on PSN btw?

The latest patch is supposed to make the bounties less grindy.

Ah, really? Had no idea about that. That's great, thanks for the info.

And DBT, i have no idea if we are PSN friends.

Toma

Those will be on the service for a long time. Dont worry.

I just noticed these two games hitting the PSN for PS3:

Labyrinth Legends

and

Page Chronica

Both are perfect for Vita. The comments in Labyrinth Legends are almost all people demanding that it be on Vita. Both look great too, they'd be gorgeous on the OLED. Page Chronica has cursor styled controls when you're gathering bits of letters to form words to help you in battle... hellllloooooo touch screen?!

DBT85

The comments in Labyrinth Legends are almost all people demanding that it be on Vita. Both look great too, they'd be gorgeous on the OLED. Page Chronica has cursor styled controls when you're gathering bits of letters to form words to help you in battle... hellllloooooo touch screen?!

It's good that they have already been thinking about a Vita version and they already think it will be cross buy. Hopefully they have as much ease porting to the Vita as other devs have said. Also nice to see so many people asking for a Vita port and so many replies from the Dev.

EDIt:

Top of page tradition at this point...

Game recommendation and random screenshot.

Game: Motorstorm RC - Great fun, short races for bite sized gaming, great ghost arrow idea to see your best, your friends best and the world best times all at once, CHEAP!

Screenshot: Rayman Origins. Game is stunning on the Vita.
6978622155_eec1b172bb_b.jpg

2012-03-13-070553 by Darren Thomas, on Flickr

Toma

I just noticed these two games hitting the PSN for PS3:

Labyrinth Legends

and

Page Chronica

Both are perfect for Vita. The comments in Labyrinth Legends are almost all people demanding that it be on Vita. Both look great too, they'd be gorgeous on the OLED. Page Chronica has cursor styled controls when you're gathering bits of letters to form words to help you in battle... hellllloooooo touch screen?!

Holy crap, the amount of comments. Wow.
That’s 15 out of 21 posts asking for Vita. It’s gonna be a real interesting team meeting in our office.

Thank you, JeffsonP_US.

Toma

On twitter they announce they needed a certain number of follows and retweet a and they will look seriously into making it for vita.

Go do it!

Not using Twitter personally, but someone do it! ( I am sure there will be enough demand)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom