• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game And Service Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I believe those are on PSN in certain Euro stores.

Ah, my mistake then. I was reading a comparison of those two titles who werent on PSN and figured they meant not on PSN anywhere.

I have no interest in Persona 4 (don't like RPGs), but I would LOVE that Vita skin. Looks so nice. I wish I could buy one of those.

I'm really excited for it because I haven't gotten into a JRPG in quite some time, like a year or so. I just haven't had the time lately but P4G looks awesome. I'm also very excited for that skin, mostly because I'm tired of seeing my nasty fingerprints on my Vita. I have OCD when it comes to that, it must always be clean.

Sweet, I've been mentioning this game whenever people ask about upcoming games so.. it looks like it'll be decent+fun :) I'm always a sucker for fishing games.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Sweet, I've been mentioning this game whenever people ask about upcoming games so.. it looks like it'll be decent+fun :) I'm always a sucker for fishing games.

Me too, but... 9 types of fish? NINE? Zelda:TP has 10. Harvest Moon DS has 45. Animal Crossing has more than 60.
My interest just went down the gutter.

just making it through the tutorial chapter of UC:GA. i know they need to explain every possible instance of what mechanics youll use but god damn I can see all these mini games and touchy feely gameplay getting annoying. i honestly hope theres not an abundant amount of it.

glad to be playing a new uncharted game though! looking forward to progressing.

there are a lot of things like chalk rubbings I honestly didnt find that annoying, I kinda like those.

However there are a lot of touch things you dont need to do.

For example rather than hit the punch button on screen you can press square. You dont need to use the back touch to climb you can just use the sticks and so on.

The only 2 that are truly annoying is the balance on a log bits that happen way to often and are not hard at all but are irritating, and the final boss swipe fights. The only time I found those hard was on crushing. Normal and hard (or what ever its called) I didnt fail once (as in didnt loose a life / fail a single swipe). Crushing it didnt register my swipes proper so many times. I guess you have less time to do them or need to be more precise. Sucks when you get no lives on those on crushing. Ho hum I did it and thats all that matters.

A really nice thing is that once you complete the game you can play it again on the same save file (just start with chapter select and choose the first one) and you don't have to redo any of the puzzles / rubbings / camera shots etc that you did before. They are all already done for you bar 1 or 2 story based ones.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
EDIT - Fixed! Disabled WIFI and all is good :) I am capped (Thanks Optus), so it could just be my slow internet connection or ip allocation issue on my router. Not possible that Sony has found a way to flag the MadBlockerAlpha exploit even if not on 2.0 though is it?

IF you're on 1.81 you shouldn't be running wifi in the first place. Put the system on airplane mode and leave it that way unless you're using the browser or Youtube/LiveTweet apps.

Rasec

I'm really excited for it because I haven't gotten into a JRPG in quite some time, like a year or so. I just haven't had the time lately but P4G looks awesome. I'm also very excited for that skin, mostly because I'm tired of seeing my nasty fingerprints on my Vita. I have OCD when it comes to that, it must always be clean.

i'm also thinking that.
I'm kinda divided if i'll import persona or virtue's game.

Toma

i'm also thinking that.

Whens the release in your country? Just import the one that comes later. Or in doubt, Persona, because it will last you longer.

there are a lot of things like chalk rubbings I honestly didnt find that annoying, I kinda like those.

However there are a lot of touch things you dont need to do.

For example rather than hit the punch button on screen you can press square. You dont need to use the back touch to climb you can just use the sticks and so on.

The only 2 that are truly annoying is the balance on a log bits that happen way to often and are not hard at all but are irritating, and the final boss swipe fights. The only time I found those hard was on crushing. Normal and hard (or what ever its called) I didnt fail once (as in didnt loose a life / fail a single swipe). Crushing it didnt register my swipes proper so many times. I guess you have less time to do them or need to be more precise. Sucks when you get no lives on those on crushing. Ho hum I did it and thats all that matters.

A really nice thing is that once you complete the game you can play it again on the same save file (just start with chapter select and choose the first one) and you don't have to redo any of the puzzles / rubbings / camera shots etc that you did before. They are all already done for you bar 1 or 2 story based ones.

thats good to know. i can deal with it. i enjoy the climbing touch paths you can make on screen. the rest seems pretty forced. i was doing chalk rubbings on the subway 4 times to work today... and all i could think were these people watching me play must think im crazy just rubbing this screen viciously like pleasuring an...member of the opposite sex? most touch mechanics can be bypassed with manual controls though which is a good thing.

only have a 4 gb card right now so im thinking UC and hopefully FFT or Blob will fit on the rest for my 2 week trip this saturday.

Rasec

Whens the release in your country? Just import the one that comes later. Or in doubt, Persona, because it will last you longer.

Well, virtue's already came out but it seems it doesn't have english voices. Still wating to some gamer to confirm this.
About persona if the dates are correct it's only coming out on the 22nd of february.
All this time waiting for persona is kinda bad ;__;.
But i also love games like ghost trick, ace attorney and such so virtue's sound fun to me. XD

Toma

I'm guessing no plans for WRC or MUD to come to NA?

Here is a comparative review btw

And... I have my doubts about a localisation.

They said this in april:
Hi guys!

MUD FIM Motocross World Championship proudly announces its release dates in the following countries:

UK, Ireland: May, 4th
France: June
Others: April, 27th
US: TBD

And apparently it was way too overpriced at 60 bucks AND got charming comments like this on their fb:
well i finally got to play the new mud game, and what a disappointment. Milestone you should be ashamed and embarrassed for putting out such a piece of shit !
i can't believe you are picking up right where THQ left off - " bending the motocross fans over fucking them and ripping them off !!!"
games are supposed to get better with time not take 100 step backwards like you did with yours.
the graphics are subpar, the controls suck, the imagination put into it is a joke, the terrain and textures are dark dingy and so lame the longer you play the more all the tracks start to run togather,
the physics in the game are horrific, and there is no skill to play the game.
to those of you who buy this game you are not motocross fans, you are not even a friend of motocross. if we buy this game we are rewarding them for making crap and we will
never get a good game made.
WORST MOTOCROSS GAME OF ALL TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously not the smartest egg in the basket, but I dont think too many people like it from what I am reading.

Me too, but... 9 types of fish? NINE? Zelda:TP had 10. Animal Crossing has more than 60.
My interest just went down the gutter.

True, true. It seems kind of like a fledgling entry level title for the Vita, like it'll be a decent fishing game but not THE fishing game. The main thing is if the gameplay is solid, and judging from the trailer, it'll be a fun fishing game. Plus, it is made by the guys from Sega Bass Fishing, one of my all time favorite fishing games.

IMO, it's a miracle that this game is getting localized at all, you know? If you're a lover of fishing games, it deserves a shot, so maybe we'll get more later? :) If they have it set at a great price, like 15$-20$, it'll be a steal - especially considering it's essentially a "full" release, because it has a platinum trophy. It's a physical release in Japan but it'll probably only be PSN over here.

Also, there is DLC in the game, according to some importers, but they didn't go into much detail of how much DLC there is.

Shahed

Hmm, how much is the shipping?

So i guess people confirm that the eu version doesn't have english voices.

Not sure. It was £30 overall. I think it was about $7 to ship, so just over £4 or so.

And yes, the EU version only has Japanese audio. US has both English and Japanese. It's why I imported.

Since there's no benefit to the US version of Golden, I'll just wait for it to come out over here

SAFCDan

Neo Member
I was going to import P4G first, then I played 999 on the DS - finished it (Well, the good ending) in a day and now I want more.

So Virtue's it is!

Shahed

I was going to import P4G first, then I played 999 on the DS - completed it in a day and now I want more.

So Virtue's it is!

Wait when you say completed 999 in a day, is that all endings including the True End, or just simply finishing it once? Because you've seen nothing without the True End.

Regarding PS+, my subscription was going to expire today. I renewed for a year in my Vita, and they included all the PS+ downloads I did as a PS+ members as if they were purchased today.

So this means that this shit ton of PS+ downloads I had (I did the checkout, but didn't downloaded some of them) are now the most recent items to download, so they are way easier too find, now I don't neeed to scroll down as crazy for Vita content.

Remember that PS3 PS+ included a lot of minis and PS1 that also can be played on Vita too :)

This is the only thing I hate about sony, I really wish they would make the downloads list not fucking suck. It's unbearable to find games I bought.

Toma

True, true. It seems kind of like a fledgling entry level title for the Vita, like it'll be a decent fishing game but not THE fishing game. The main thing is if the gameplay is solid, and judging from the trailer, it'll be a fun fishing game. Plus, it is made by the guys from Sega Bass Fishing, one of my all time favorite fishing games.

IMO, it's a miracle that this game is getting localized at all, you know? If you're a lover of fishing games, it deserves a shot, so maybe we'll get more later? :) If they have it set at a great price, like 15$-20$, it'll be a steal - especially considering it's essentially a "full" release, because it has a platinum trophy. It's a physical release in Japan but it'll probably only be PSN over here.

Also, there is DLC in the game, according to some importers, but they didn't go into much detail of how much DLC there is.

Fish DLC... in a fishing game... with 9 types of fish... I mean, I am for getting a fishing game from the Sega Bass guys, but the trailer anti-hyped me more than anything else. I am not saying I'll never buy it but if I cant find a single game that has fishing and has less fish than your game does...then you are doing something wrong.

I mean, Fish DLC wouldnt be all that bad actually if the main game already contained a proper variety. OR if the main game is free, and they finance themselves through only Fish DLC, but I highly doubt that.

SAFCDan

Neo Member
Wait when you say completed 999 in a day, is that all endings including the True End, or just simply finishing it once? Because you've seen nothing without the True End.

You got me before the ninja edit :D Raced through it and got the true end - wish I'd taken my time to be honest :(

zulux21

You got me before the ninja edit :D Raced through it and got the true end - wish I'd taken my time to be honest :(

taking your time is over rated... I started 999 shortly after it came out and I am currently just past
when the first person was blown up
lol

I think I need to take a little less time since I already bought VLR but alas it's persona 4 for now.

Toma

taking your time is over rated... I started 999 shortly after it came out and I am currently just past
lol

Oh wow, so you are already... 1/50th done with the game! ;p

SAFCDan

Neo Member
lol

I think I need to take a little less time since I already bought VLR but alas it's persona 4 for now.

Haha, thats the complete opposite end of the scale! I always feel the need to rush through these games because I want to know what happens :( At least VLR has a load of alternate endings to keep me going for a little while.

Oxn

I heard wrc3 has alot of content cut out from the console version.

Looks and plays great like declasified, but too much removed stuff

zulux21

Oh wow, so you are already... 1/50th done with the game! ;p

I have a feeling the rest of it will go faster... the writing style and me didn't get along... too many comparisons to phoenix wright from people before hand and then the game being absolutely nothing like PW really didn't help, but in general I find it annoying to have unskippable super slow text describing what I can clearly see.

When I picked it up more recently it went better, but I just wasn't feeling a visual novel at that point ><:

fishing for hits on a video eh :p
well I took the bait, and I am hooked.
of course I am just talking out of my bass to make stupid comments :p

fishing jokes aside, the game looks decent, I wouldn't hate getting it as a ps+ game next year lol
whale obviously it looks decent, it's by the sega bass people
but i reely can't believe your puns
you dolphinitely should scale back on them

i'm also thinking that.
Get Persona! VLR is already out in EU, right? P4G will last far longer and isn't even out in the EU region!

Still don't have mah copy.
we established that the postman is busying playing it

Toma

rqqlh.jpg

Some people are really persevering (thats chess btw). I didnt even know a negative Elo ranking was achievable. I thought the amount of points subtracted would go near zero at one point.

Also, its a bit sad to see that they only sold 2100 copies of the game on Vita :( Thats like what? $19k ? Hopefully the DLC purchases even that out a bit.

Sid

whale obviously it looks decent, it's by the sega bass people
but i reely can't believe your puns
you dolphinitely should scale back on them

Get Persona! VLR is already out in EU, right? P4G will last far longer and isn't even out in the EU region!

we established that the postman is busying playing it
dolphinitely reely....really?

New Vita Bundle available next week:

8228393648_92efae6b17_z.jpg

This bundle contains everything you need to get started, including a PS Vita 3G Wi-Fi system, 1-uyear membership to PS Plus, a Unit 13 game voucher and a 4 GB Memory Card for only $299.99 (MSRP), a combined savings of over $99.

Not a bad bundle. But Vita needs a price drop more than anything else. :(

Toma

New Vita Bundle available next week:

8228393648_92efae6b17_z.jpg

This bundle contains everything you need to get started, including a PS Vita 3G Wi-Fi system, 1-uyear membership to PS Plus, a Unit 13 game voucher and a 4 GB Memory Card for only $299.99 (MSRP), a combined savings of over $99.

Not a bad bundle. But Vita needs a price drop more than anything else. :(

Yeah,but its great to see them advertising the PS+ savings big on the box at least.

marrec

Banned
Yeah,but its great to see them advertising the PS+ savings big on the box at least.

It's what converted me. Well, that and the surprising amount of games I wanted to play for a device with no games. :lol

I'm glad it's not the white version, I feel special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom