• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game And Service Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

Wait, you need to fully download a free game? I was gonna DL until 10% then pause it.

All you need to do is go through the checkout process. You don't have to download anything at all until you want it.

Does it mention somewhere in the description regarding the game(s) will expire if you don't re-subscribe?

Any game you download form PS+ will expire as soon as your subscription ends. As soon as you sign up again you can play them again.

VanWinkle

Thanks lads. So, just to be sure, if I don't download it (or start to and then cancel) then I've missed my chance for that round?

Also, having never experienced an equivalent of this type of thing yet, finding out that my neighbours have Vita's via Near is weirding me out. I don't know what to do with this information.

If you're on Vita, you need to click "Download" on the titles. You can cancel the download, but you have to click Download to "purchase" it and have it available any time you do choose to download for real. If you have a PS3 you can just check all the content out at once and not even have to worry about downloading them, and they'll stay in your download list anyway.

I just realized Zeer0id has completely stopped posting here on the Vita thread since Wii U came out, lol. He used to post here pretty regularly, too.

kerrak

You must have mistyped because everyone else added me fine.

Whats your PSN ID? Ill add you.

Mine is OblastSRT4 if you want to try again. :D

accepted requests from:

Shahed
Jimmystav
saveweyard

welcome!

I see now your post. I saw your ID on another gaffer friends list. It's OBlastSRT4. Mine is kerrak. I'll add you tonight (morning here) or you can add me. Timezones and all...

zulux21

I skimmed and didn't see any more binding of isaac talk since I last posted so if this was already posted ignore it but... from the new FAQ they posted

-Nicalis is working on the port for Ps3/Vita and PC (steam) and is also currently talking to MS and Nintendo about releasing on their platforms. we are also looking into an iOS version if its not garbage.

I have a feeling my productivity will drop quite a bit around the release of this lol

Hyped for my 32GB hopefully delivered tomorrow

My backlog will be multiplied by two instantly

Yesterday I purchased a most amazing accessory for Vita...

...or anything thay can accept USB charging (PSVita, iPad, iPhone, etc.).

Its Playstation branded (created by Sony), Vita charger. Its a little 5000mAH battery cube and cost $30 at Gamestop. She had to dig in the back for the thing and mentioned they might not get anymore, so if you see it, snag one.

Long story short, you plug in the battery and charge it up. It has an on/off button, too. Anyhow, you use the cord that comes with the Vita, not the entire set, just the usb/connect Vita section of the cord. The charger seems to hyper charge the Vita, too, LoL.

I was using my Vita last night, and drained 1/2 of the battery. Grabbed my juiced cube charger thing, plugged it into the Vita, turned it on and Vita was at full charge within 20 minutes. I then turned off the battery, which has over 70% charge left (according to the indicator) and stored it away, continuing to play on my newly rejuiced Vita.

In short: 20ish minutes from 1/2 to full power, dont need tethering to an outlet and can work to juice your iphone or Vita.

30$ well spent, when I have a long gaming session.

Only $30? That thing sounds great.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006JKARP8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

xJavonta

Banned
From what I've heard, it's a bit better than the 3DS or Wii U pad. Have no idea what the battery is like on an iphone.

Fantastic compared to many other smartphones on the market. Better than the Vita's battery life (which is understandable)

Don't know if I posted this in here yet, but I got my Vita last weekend and I've been playing it everyday since! It has cut into my iPad usage actually!

6ItXR.png

Sorry, shitty cellphone pic

Number45

Travel Bug is lovely. I released Timothy into the wild last night, replete with a GAF logo background picture! Forgot to bring my USB cable so can't upload at the moment.

Fantastic compared to many other smartphones on the market. Better than the Vita's battery life (which is understandable)

Don't know if I posted this in here yet, but I got my Vita last weekend and I've been playing it everyday since! It has cut into my iPad usage actually!

6ItXR.png

Sorry, shitty cellphone pic

I don't think the 4S will last more than the vita while gaming though.

dose

So, where the hell is the netflix app for the UK? Apparently you could get it from the US store pre 2.0 firmware but that can't be done now. Has anyone asked SCEE about this? It came out in the US in February! :/

DBT85

So, where the hell is the netflix app for the UK? Apparently you could get it from the US store pre 2.0 firmware but that can't be done now. Has anyone asked SCEE about this? It came out in the US in February! :/

A shit ton of people have asked. They have said it and other apps are coming soon.

Annoying that it's probably being delayed because of languages or something when the English one is already out there.

So I gotta year of Music Unlimited. I love the Vita app, but there is not a lot of music that I like to listen. Tupac for instance, I cant even find Troublesome 96.

dose

A shit ton of people have asked. They have said it and other apps are coming soon.

Annoying that it's probably being delayed because of languages or something when the English one is already out there.
Cheers. Yeh, that's really frustrating, doesn't make any sense.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Okay, here goes as far as I understand it:

*****SPOILERS CONCERNING THE ENTIRE STORY AND ENDING OF SINE MORA****

The story takes place on the planet Seol.
You have three factions:
-The Layil Empire, the main antagonist of the game.
-The remnants of the Enkies, a species who can travel through time. All but three of their species were rounded up to be experimented on to develop time-based technology.
-Ronotra Koss's group, who he rounded up in order to get revenge on the Imperial soldiers that supposedly killed his son (the pilot of the Imperial bomber Cobra King) during the bombing of Mirage Mountain, the last major Enkie stronghold.

In the future timeline, Ronotra has blackmailed Myryan Magusa into helping him get revenge. He sends her to distract the defense force of the Bokumono underground prison so he can infiltrate it and eliminate yet another member of the Cobra King's crew. He then tests out an Imperial AI bot that he stole and reprogrammed (named GARAI 74/22876) by pitting it against Imperial forces in Cardinal Canyon. Afterwards he remembers when he and his son once hunted in Cardinal Canyon.
He then initiates a plan to save his son by sending Myryan and GARAI into the past to stop the bombing of Mirage Mountain. In the meantime, Ronotra hunts down the co-pilot of the Cobra King - the one who shot his son, in the Imperial capital of Tira. It was a trap, however, and Ronotra was shot down by his own son, Argus Pytel, who was alive all along.
In order to fulfill the needs that Argus's position as an Imperial Intelligence officer demands, the Empire faked his death in order to allow Argus to carry out his missions in secret. Discovering that the former members of the Cobra King were being systematically eliminated, the Empire sends their most talented officer, Argus, to take the place of the long dead co-pilot Zach Gully and kill whoever was behind the mysterious killings.

In the past timeline , a group of rebels led by Akyta Dryad attempts to discover what has happened to the Enkie species. At the research base stationed on Moneta Point, Lynthe Ytoo causes a distraction while Akyta and a group of rebels infiltrates the research facility to gather whatever information they can. They discover the Project, in which the remaining 2 million Enkies were modified, drugged, and mutilated in order to allow for easier handling while the Empire uses them to develop time technology.
Durak destroys a dangerous AIbot production facility, but dies in the process.
I forget what the rebels do in Tira, but the story ends with Akyta infiltrating the floating fortress of Siriad where her people are being kept. Upon defeating the guradian of the fortress, an emergency protocol terminates all of the captive Enkies and destroys the fortress, essentially making Akyta responsible for the death of her entire race.

...wow.
Much appreciated. Thank you.

Number45

Aww. Don't be stressed out :/
(sorry!)
I can't apply myself to anything without thinking it through fully. One the one hand that should be great for chess, but on the other hand that "just fire it up and do a couple of moves" becomes "stare at the screen for ten minutes". :(

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I can't apply myself to anything without thinking it through fully. One the one hand that should be great for chess, but on the other hand that "just fire it up and do a couple of moves" becomes "stare at the screen for ten minutes". :(
I do the same thing, but it's actually relaxing for me to think about a chess move for 10 or more minutes.

PaulLFC

I asked about Netflix in the UK and/or Europe on the blog and got this reply:

Posted on 28 November, 2012 at 5:28 pm by Fred Dutton

No update I’m afraid. It’s Netflix who make the app – not SCEE. When I hear something I’ll pass it on, of course.

So it would seem the delay is down to Netflix. I just tweeted @NetflixHelpsUK asking when we'll get the app, may be worth anyone else who wants it released here tweeting them too - the more demand, then (hopefully) the faster they'll release it.

yurinka

Regarding PS+, my subscription was going to expire today. I renewed for a year in my Vita, and they included all the PS+ downloads I did as a PS+ members as if they were purchased today.

So this means that this shit ton of PS+ downloads I had (I did the checkout, but didn't downloaded some of them) are now the most recent items to download, so they are way easier too find, now I don't neeed to scroll down as crazy for Vita content.

Remember that PS3 PS+ included a lot of minis and PS1 that also can be played on Vita too :)

SAFCDan

Neo Member
Ugh, was just about to buy Virtue's Last Reward from Zavvi for £22.46, then read that the EU/AU versions don't have English voice acting, but the US version does?

I've read that the voice acting is actually pretty good, not sure if it's worth paying almost double the price to import it though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom