• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Finished Knytt Underground's first chapter. Enjoyed it very much, although i've still got the feeling I missed something. Lot's of places I haven't been and have no idea how to get there either.
Certainly a game best played calm, some nice visuals to. Platforming needs some getting used to but becomes quite fun, not very fond of the extreme sensetivity though.
In the second chapter you play as a ball and in the short time I played it, I didn't really like it. :(

Anyhow, screenshots!

The moment I saw these screens I thought of NightSky. The art styles are so similar.

Then I looked it up and they're made by the same dude.

Oh i just noticed Valkyria Chronicles II is now showing on Vita in EU after recent price drop.

Now i can finally retire my PSP (and get some cash for more vita games :D )

AKB48 is a girl group that is incredibly popular in Japan (think boy band in America level of popular). The AKB48 group actually has several splinter groups which names I can't remember, and this is basically a you-get-to-romance-them game. Since it's a full retail game it probably has trophies.

Well one splinter group was the short lived SDN48...warning 100% NSFW and 100 % wtf

--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qMVQ8lrn14

Also, everyone should buy DJ Max cause its AMAZING

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Also, everyone should buy DJ Max cause its AMAZING

I love quite a few of the off beat rhythm games (Amplitude, Frequency, Gitaroo Man, Mad Maestro, Ouendan/EBA ) and finished all of them on the highest difficulty setting, but I am not sure I'd like this :/ Seems like a ridiculous difficulty curve.

A either of the lego games any good? I have them both on ps3 but really enjoyed PSP batman and am tempted by a native vita version

In that case, I think you're in luck.

The Vita LEGO games are usually knocked for being ports of the portable games, not the console games.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
How long are we talking here? I should probably finish VLR first before really getting into a 40+ hour rpg anyway.

:D

The intro is probably 2-3 hours? If you listen to everything instead of clicking, its even more. Oh and the game is a
120+ hour
RPG :p

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I love it too, luckily the second chapter is shorter(i hate ball physics based games), first and second chapter are more like introductions to the third one that i consider the "real" game.

Thank goodness, because this chapter is truly annoying. I thought the controls of the first chapter's character where overly sensetive but this is a whole other level.
Great Scott.

I love quite a few of the off beat rhythm games (Amplitude, Frequency, Gitaroo Man, Mad Maestro, Ouendan/EBA ) and finished all of them on the highest difficulty setting, but I am not sure I'd like this :/ Seems like a ridiculous difficulty curve.

Don't be scared of the difficulty. The game is like all rhythm games, once you become intimately familiar with the songs, the note patters don't seem as daunting. Plus, the rear touch usage is soooo good.

Derrick01

Banned
:D

The intro is probably 2-3 hours? If you listen to everything instead of clicking, its even more. Oh and the game is a
120+ hour
RPG :p

What? I really doubt that. Are we talking getting everything or severe amounts of grinding, or is it actually 100 hours? I don't think I've played a JRPG that lasted longer than 60-70 and those were the days of ps1 jrpgs where you had to grind for at least 20 hours. Hell I don't think I've played a non bethesda wrpg that lasted 100 hours either.

Noi

What? I really doubt that. Are we talking getting everything or severe amounts of grinding, or is it actually 100 hours? I don't think I've played a JRPG that lasted longer than 60-70 and those were the days of ps1 jrpgs where you had to grind for at least 20 hours. Hell I don't think I've played a non bethesda wrpg that lasted 100 hours either.

The average playtime for P3 and P4 on a first playthrough is 80-100 depending on how invested you are in doing stuff. No lie.

Toma

Yes, its that long. If you read everything and dont just skip conversations, and dont miss out on too much optional stuff (like the relations) you'll make 100hrs no matter how you play. Seriously. On the plus side: The game doesnt feel that long since its very, very engaging.

The average playtime for P3 and P4 on a first playthrough is 80-100 depending on how invested you are in doing stuff. No lie.

Not to mention, P4G has a bit more content than P4.

Derrick01

Banned

Yes, its that long. If you read everything and dont just skip conversations, and dont miss out on too much optional stuff (like the relations) you'll make 100hrs no matter how you play. Seriously. On the plus side: The game doesnt feel that long since its very, very engaging.

Alright I'm intrigued. I like games to be as long as possible as long as filler isn't what's making it 70, 80, 100+ hours.

Anybody else have issues with the touch controls in LBP? Maybe it's just me but they don't seem nearly responsive enough in a lot of areas :/

Thanks, card ordered then. Will be nice to finally download all my PS1 games and Plus freebies :|

As others said, Sony hasn't licensed it out yet and seems to have it on lockdown to try to limit the potential for being hacked through that avenue.

I was looking at PSP memory after you asked this (I'd never owned one so I didn't know first hand) and it seems the "memory stick pro duo" or whatever it was had some third party manufacturers (SanDisk, Lexar?) but with the PSP market kind of defunct, it's hard for me to judge what effect the third party cards had on the general pricing of the existing memory cards (that is assuming they were introduced after launch).

So yeah, I don't see it likely. We haven't seen a high enough adoption rate for other manufacturers to really care to obtain the license, I think; combine with Sony's deathgrip on memory prices now and yeah, I don't think it's likely that in 3 months we'll see the market flooded with alternative 128gb cards for $45. :)

zroid

Banned
Anybody else have issues with the touch controls in LBP? Maybe it's just me but they don't seem nearly responsive enough in a lot of areas :/

Mostly just the multi-touch and rear touch stuff was a bit hard to pin down. You get the hang of it eventually, but it's never that well-executed, imo.

Memory stick was also in other devices - and iirc San disk i had for psp costed only 10-20% less than Sony branded stick (which was produced by San disk too iirc ;) )

zroid

Banned
Does anyone else's touch screen just completely wig out sometimes? I don't know how to describe it well, it's not really unresponsive per se, but more like it becomes super-sensitized so a mere swipe or tap causes everything to go haywire.

Only way to fix it is powering down.

VanWinkle

Does anyone else's touch screen just completely wig out sometimes? I don't know how to describe it well, it's not really unresponsive per se, but more like it becomes super-sensitized so a mere swipe or tap causes everything to go haywire.

Hmm no, but touchscreens do tend to get wonky sometimes. I've had similar things happen to other touch devices.

Got a platinum in Uncharted Golden Abyss. Anyone know if there's a list of all the cards and how to unlock them? I figured I'd have all of them after getting the platinum, but I unlocked a new one when I was replaying a chapter I'd already beaten before.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops

I just had that for the very first time. It was shortly after I breathed down the display to clean it.
Rebooting fixed it.

My issue was that it seemed like it interpreted me touching a certain part as swiping and just wrongly interpreting positions in general.

kliklik

Banned

This happened to me in games and I finally realised that holding the Vita with my fingers all over the back touchscreen was causing it.

VanWinkle

I bought Rayman, Littlebigplanet and Assassin's Creed 3 recently and they are all discounted in the store. I'll never buy games first day anymore, never :):

Meh it doesn't bother me unless I buy it REALLY close to when it's discounted (which, if you buy day 1, isn't usually the case). I still got a couple months use out of LBP and AC3 before it was discounted so I don't mind.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
The Skies of Arcadia track in SASRT is amazing. All the destruction and mayhem from the console version is there. Ships bombarding each other, floating island splitting in half to create new tracks. Mmm.

b7nqv.jpg
8VAbm.jpg
x14Qo.jpg

VanWinkle

The Skies of Arcadia track in SASRT is amazing. All the destruction and mayhem from the console version is there. Ships bombarding each other, floating island splitting in half to create new tracks. Mmm.

Awesome! Add me, Lyphen. You me and Skyzard need to play some time. I REALLY like the game but it's been hard to pull me away from Stranger's Wrath enough to play Sonic Racing! I tried it for about 20 minutes though a couple of days ago and love it. That track looks great!

N30RYU

I got a question about the digital version of Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection pack for Vita.
Are the two games in a single bubble or you get a bubble for MGS2 and another for MGS3?

Your screencaps of the game keep making me want it more :( I have to hold off until it goes on sale or something.. Plus I still have lots of games to beat ><

Skyzard

Banned
Definitely up for it, just about to walk the dog to cool down from seeing an unnecessary background service on my phone (sonic 4 episode 2) LOL!

But would be up for some fun games later, got jealous seeing all the fun the wiiu people were having in that thread and their matches. Played a couple of games yesterday and really enjoyed it.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Awesome! Add me, Lyphen. You me and Skyzard need to play some time. I REALLY like the game but it's been hard to pull me away from Stranger's Wrath enough to play Sonic Racing! I tried it for about 20 minutes though a couple of days ago and love it. That track looks great!
Done. I'll likely be up to play later tonight, but after that I'm taking a train to the Great Canadian Wilderness and won't have good (or possibly any) internet access until the 26 or 27th.

Your screencaps of the game keep making me want it more :( I have to hold off until it goes on sale or something.. Plus I still have lots of games to beat ><
At 29.99 in NA, I think it's a great deal. ;) But it's near Christmas, so maybe gift card deals will pop up in flyers or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom