• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a FYI for my fellow vitabros, Pentavision had a promo for a free poster with a DJ MAX purchase, you just needed to enter it at the time of purchase. It was supposed to end yesterday but I tried today and it worked. Finally getting DJMAX!!! So goddamn excited, I'm a huge sucker for rhythm and music games.

I dunno, I think Life of Pixel does feel like the older games it's trying to emulate - people seem to expect it to be like Super Meat Boy instead, apparently not having played those older games.

The main problem with Life of Pixel is that the gameplay didn't change depending on what generation or game platform you were supposed to be playing on, it was just always the same.

Also I actually really like the Foosball game, haha.

Shahed

For me, it's just another throwaway game I'll never play, which is why I don't like it as a PS+ title. Let the people who want to play it with their nostalgia goggles or love of the controls do so. It's been on sale umpteen million times already for PS3/Steam/etc. People who want to play it can do so and do it for cheap. Don't give it to me for free. If I wanted it, I would have bought it already. :p

--

Anyone who's into Motorstorm RC got any tips for the last two super car hot lap races in the Apocalypse circuit? They're driving me nuts. Them and shaving 1:55 ish off my total time is all that stands between me and double platinum.

I know what my problem is, but I don't understand how to fix it. I was doing the other supercar hotlaps by using a combination of letting off the gas instead of braking and by tapping brake as I turn, but these last two, I can't quite get it. I either turn too slow, or if I drift the turns, the drift slows me down too much and I can't catch the gold time. I think I'm .1 and .2 seconds off them. :(

Never tap break as you turn. Not just for this, but for all racing games. Better to slow down more before the corner, and instead feather/tap the accelerator so you can get better drive out of the corner

Never tap break as you turn. Not just for this, but for all racing games. Better to slow down more before the corner, and instead feather/tap the accelerator so you can get better drive out of the corner

Yeah, I usually have more success this way, but there were a few tracks where it helps to stop the drift that you don't want because it slows you down to come out of it... better to stop and accelerate than drift it seems....

I still can't do it. :(

On the very last one i can lead the gold lap marker by a little coming into the 2nd to last left... but i lose too much time trying to do that left and the left before the final straight to keep my lead. :(

Edit: ahaha, now just have the 2nd to last track... 10.959... hahaha.

Roubjon

Just a FYI for my fellow vitabros, Pentavision had a promo for a free poster with a DJ MAX purchase, you just needed to enter it at the time of purchase. It was supposed to end yesterday but I tried today and it worked. Finally getting DJMAX!!! So goddamn excited, I'm a huge sucker for rhythm and music games.

Have fun with it, the game is great.

Shahed

Yeah, I usually have more success this way, but there were a few tracks where it helps to stop the drift that you don't want because it slows you down to come out of it... better to stop and accelerate than drift it seems....

I still can't do it. :(

On the very last one i can lead the gold lap marker by a little coming into the 2nd to last left... but i lose too much time trying to do that left and the left before the final straight to keep my lead. :(

Edit: ahaha, now just have the 2nd to last track... 10.959... hahaha.

Can't recall which one that is. Is it the one where there's a ramp over cars after you go uphill on the left handside? Or where you start facing right and have an immediate hairpan with banking and trach cans at the end of the level?

Can't recall which one that is. Is it the one where there's a ramp over cars after you go uphill on the left handside? Or where you start facing right and have an immediate hairpan with banking and trach cans at the end of the level?

I think it's that one -- there's a lot of jumps.
Just after the start, there's a pit where you can jump, then a hair pin, then a right angle turn, then a hair pin up a ramp into an S curve or so.

Cargohld.jpg

Shahed

I think it's that one -- there's a lot of jumps.
Just after the start, there's a pit where you can jump, then a hair pin, then a right angle turn, then a hair pin up a ramp into an S curve or so.

Admittedly I found that level the hardest. Learn to ride the barriers at the end without slowing down. Might take a while to get it right. Also helps if you can clear the trash out of the way to make future laps easier.

The main corner though is when you drop down after the hairpin. On the way back up the short ramp, go to the left hand side of the split and stay to the right if that makes sense. Don't carry much speed and try an angle your car right at the end of the ramp so you can land near the apex and drive right out of the following hairpin. It took a while to get that little jump right, but that was where I made the time

Tiops

Got my first Vita platinum: Persona 4 Golden ^^ . Damn you "Hardcore Risette Fan". Stupid trophy.

Starting Gravity Rush now. Hope it's good as people say.

Admittedly I found that level the hardest. Learn to ride the barriers at the end without slowing down. Might take a while to get it right. Also helps if you can clear the trash out of the way to make future laps easier.

The main corner though is when you drop down after the hairpin. On the way back up the short ramp, go to the left hand side of the split and stay to the right if that makes sense. Don't carry much speed and try an angle your car right at the end of the ramp so you can land near the apex and drive right out of the following hairpin. It took a while to get that little jump right, but that was where I made the time

Thanks.

I've noticed that and it's frustrating as all fuck.
My best run until I just managed it by some miracle was one where i bounced off the top rail on that ramp you're talking about and managed to use it to dead stop and spin to cut the corner entirely.

Now to figure out where to cut time to make it down to 40 or under for the platinum. :(

Shahed

Thanks.

I've noticed that and it's frustrating as all fuck.
My best run until I just managed it by some miracle was one where i bounced off the top rail on that ramp you're talking about and managed to use it to dead stop and spin to cut the corner entirely.

Now to figure out where to cut time to make it down to 40 or under for the platinum. :(

Nice. I think you'll find that shaving off time is easier than you might think. The super car laps on each level will have taught you a lot even if you might not realise it now. Some of the levels will feel like you're racing in slow motion (mixing bowl) in comparison.

Just ignore all the level types except Races and Overtakes. That's where the time is to be won. You should be fine after that. Did you get the Gold Trophies for each of the four different festivals? How much time do you need to cut down?

Reclaimer

Any way to transfer saves from a digital game to a physical one?

(That Vita hardware thread is pretty vacant...)

EDIT: it works now! Did a forced reset (power button for 30 seconds, choose reset menu option). Now when I put a cart in the vita asks of I want to delete the digital download and use the saves with the cart.

Thanks!

Shinypogs

Got my first Vita platinum: Persona 4 Golden ^^ . Damn you "Hardcore Risette Fan". Stupid trophy.

Starting Gravity Rush now. Hope it's good as people say.

The atmosphere and story are as good as people say, the combat is as .. well not bad but it's frustrating as hell. The only reason I haven't replayed it is because there's certain fights I just never want to do again.

Jamix012

Yes. Put the physical game in. With the digital game still installed, it'll ask you if you want to go physical and keep your saves. I don't mean to be rude, but did you not try this? It certainly worked for my MGS: HD collection.

jwk94

Unless you're a PlayStation Plus member, i dont think so. I'd copy the save to your PC/PS3, then insert the physical copy and see what happens.

Reclaimer

Yes. Put the physical game in. With the digital game still installed, it'll ask you if you want to go physical and keep your saves. I don't mean to be rude, but did you not try this? It certainly worked for my MGS: HD collection.

Yeah, tried it with Rayman, Wipeout, Uncharted. Nothing happens when I pop the game in.

EDIT: it works now! Did a forced reset (power button for 30 seconds, choose reset menu option). Now when I put a cart in the vita asks of I want to delete the digital download and use the saves with the cart.

Thanks!

Nice. I think you'll find that shaving off time is easier than you might think. The super car laps on each level will have taught you a lot even if you might not realise it now. Some of the levels will feel like you're racing in slow motion (mixing bowl) in comparison.

Just ignore all the level types except Races and Overtakes. That's where the time is to be won. You should be fine after that. Did you get the Gold Trophies for each of the four different festivals? How much time do you need to cut down?

I have all trophies but the 40:00 or under.

Let me check:

Monument Valley: 9:51
Pacific Rift: 10:00
Arctic Edge: 11:58
Apocalypse: 9:56

So it looks like I'm currently 15 seconds under and need to lose another 1:45.

Dwayne

I have all trophies but the 40:00 or under.

Let me check:

Monument Valley: 9:51
Pacific Rift: 10:00
Arctic Edge: 11:58
Apocalypse: 9:56

So it looks like I'm currently 15 seconds under and need to lose another 1:45.

What's your psn name, I need some more competitive times on my leaderboard :)

The atmosphere and story are as good as people say, the combat is as .. well not bad but it's frustrating as hell. The only reason I haven't replayed it is because there's certain fights I just never want to do again.
Playing through the game now and some of the fights do get REALLY frustrating.

zroid

Banned
I am really not enjoying Sound Shapes so far, but I just don't know how to qualify it yet. I'm half way through the Superbrothers album at the moment. I'm a bit ambivalent on the music (at times, it's been excellent), although the visuals are really gorgeous, for the most part.

It's just the "feel" of the game that rubs me the wrong way, it's hard to describe. Hopefully as I get further I'll have more clarity. Or maybe it'll win me over! I haven't given up hope.

Takao

Banned
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/21/one-piece-pirate-warriors-2-vita-version-not-coming-to-u-s/

So Namco brings the new one piece to the west but doesn't want to bring the vita version, only the ps3. since both are similar and all translation is done i don't know why they doing this.

Guess i know see the support namco is giving to the ps vita. NONE!!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

this company made a port because enough pc fans begged like the peasants they mock

one piece pirate warriors 2 already is being translated

it's already being developed for vita

beg for bamco

CrovaxPSO

Uploaded my Vita's pages. The backgrounds are screenshots from DjMax Technika Tunes~

Has anyone experienced using a sort of scratch remover for the Vita? My sister likes to take it and throw it in her bag (full of keys and other screen unfriendly objects) so I'd like to get the scratches removed and slap on a screen protector.

I don't know about scratch removal but you might want to get one of the clamshell cases in addition to a screen protector.

GUYS!
I just saw this:
Famitsu: 64% of Japanese players plan to buy PS Vita this year.

Good News for us, right?

Famitsu has released the result of a recent poll, about what systems people plan to buy in Japan this year, participant can pick multiple systems; the result shows that 64% of Japanese plans to buy PS Vita this year, followed by 48% for 3DS and 33.8% for Wii U; 10% of people also picked smartphone (other than iPhone). 75.6% of participants were male and 24.4% were female.
PS Vita - 64.0%
3DS - 48.2%
Wii U - 33.8%
PS3 - 25.2%
PC - 14.4%
Xbox 360 - 10.6%
Smartphone - 10.0%
PSP - 9.6%
Wii - 9.0%
iPad - 7.0%
DSi/DSiLL - 5.2%
iPhone - 5.0%
iPod Touch - 4.0%
Other - 2.4%

Takao

Banned
Almost like a real hockey game. Almost.

You can easily tell this game was developed in Europe. It's really slow, and for some reasons the fans of each team are separated in the stands. That doesn't happen in hockey.

GUYS!
I just saw this:
Famitsu: 64% of Japanese players plan to buy PS Vita this year.

Good News for us, right?

Negative spin: That's because no one owns Vita, and therefore ownership can only go up.

carlos

Thanks for the replies on the OLED blotches, vitabros!

Oh, and I can't help but be a bit disappointed that there's no vita stuff in that 13 sale tomorrow....hopefully we'll get ours someday.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, are you guys totally ignoring the mods and keeping the megathread alive despite the 48 hour requirement, or is someone going to make the thread? Because if you guys are keeping the megathread alive, I'm totally cool with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom