• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And damn proud of it. ;)

So how are you taking so long? Read really slowly? Help me understand.

Well you obviously missed at least
two dungeons with a third dungeon possible, two more months of interactions and the new Golden winter event.
so yea, you missed more then credits.

No doubt, but I'm working on that now - even with those, especially considering how quickly I shredded through 10 months of it, there's no way that'll be more than like, 10 hours. So I'm still baffled.

http://www.nikkan.co.jp/news/nkx0320130118bjag.html

Google translated:

17, Kazuo Hirai, president of Sony has announced that sales in the TV business to aim the fiscal year ending March 31, 2014. In order to focus on profitability, said business had been set a target to become profitable without step-by-step scale, such as increased sales volume. Expand sales in emerging countries after turnaround. It also showed potential with their OS to PlayStation (OS) smartphone basic software (multi-function mobile phones).
 Sony's TV business is certainly a deficit of nine consecutive years. Downward revision of the fiscal year ended March 31, 13 at the beginning of the fiscal year sales plan. Expected to remain at 14.5 million units, down 26% year-on-year.
 On the other hand, smartphone growth engine positioning aims to recapture market share. Incorporated the technology of portable music players and video technology company. The current, OS of the terminal is equipped with Google "Android" rice "and we are not stuck to a single OS", suggesting the possibility of PlayStation with their OS over the medium to long term.

Sounds like they want to introduce new phone/tablet skus with vita os as the work horse as they don't want to be completely dependent on android for all their future mobile products going forward. Seems reasonable, but from someone that has a vita, an iphone 5 for work, and is looking into an android as a personal phone, I can tell the vita lags way behind the other two in terms of features, but even more so in terms of apps. It would need literally thousands and thousands of apps, including non game apps, and an mp3/music video store integrated with the current psn store to close the gap a little bit with the other two.

I also wouldn't expect this until at least next year.

JoshHood

Hey Team VitaGAF! Joined because of you guys and just got to full member status!

Anyway, if anyone's looking for PSN friends (particularly some Autolog competition in Need for Speed Most Wanted), feel free to add me at 'JoshHood'!

Ponn

Banned
So how are you taking so long? Read really slowly? Help me understand.

No doubt, but I'm working on that now - even with those, especially considering how quickly I shredded through 10 months of it, there's no way that'll be more than like, 10 hours. So I'm still baffled.

If you are quickly shredding through it you have your answer. Thats why you are missing so much stuff. Its not as linear or “just push x to advance” like a FF game. Hows your social links? If you arent making use of every single day then probably not good. Did you fish at all? Have you went back to each dungeon after clearing them?
good reason for that

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you are quickly shredding through it you have your answer. Thats why you are missing so much stuff. Its not as linear or “just push x to advance” like a FF game. Hows your social links? If you arent making use of every single day then probably not good. Did you fish at all? Have you went back to each dungeon after clearing them?
good reason for that

Yes, I always go back to make sure I wipe up the extra boss, and I am making the most of every day by making sure I'm progressing a link or fishing if I have bugs. Maybe I'm too efficient. :/

I have multiple social links maxed, I have a lot gettin' up there...I dunno.

Ran rp

http://www.nikkan.co.jp/news/nkx0320130118bjag.html

Google translated:

Sounds like they want to introduce new phone/tablet skus with vita os as the work horse as they don't want to be completely dependent on android for all their future mobile products going forward. Seems reasonable, but from someone that has a vita, an iphone 5 for work, and is looking into an android as a personal phone, I can tell the vita lags way behind the other two in terms of features, but even more so in terms of apps. It would need literally thousands and thousands of apps, including non game apps, and an mp3/music video store integrated with the current psn store to close the gap a little bit with the other two.

I also wouldn't expect this until at least next year.

This could potentially result in a major boost in functionality for the Vita. If Sony really wants to use the OS for their smartphones/tablets then you can bet on the OS getting some major improvements and additions in order for their smartphones/tablets to remain competitive. I bet that most, if not all of those new features would come to the Vita.

If this happens then the Vita games would be compatible too I guess.

That would make no sense if it wasn't to be honest. It would be a key way to differentiate it from ios and android. Tablets and phones would need a wikipad like accessory that you plug in when you want to play or a slide out form like psp go/xperia play.

PSY・S;46748849 said:
This could potentially result in a major boost in functionality for the Vita. If Sony really wants to use the OS for their smartphones/tablets then you can bet on the OS getting some major improvements and additions in order for their smartphones/tablets to remain competitive. I bet that most, if not all of those new features would come to the Vita.

Well let's see what the upcoming HW updates will bring. If they bring folders, further browser improvements, orientation, and bring out the apps by the bulk, integrate their book store with psn, launch an mp3/music store, etc then we'll know that they are prepping up for it.

Hey Team VitaGAF! Joined because of you guys and just got to full member status!

Anyway, if anyone's looking for PSN friends (particularly some Autolog competition in Need for Speed Most Wanted), feel free to add me at 'JoshHood'!

Congrats on your status and welcome to VitaGAF, XHitoshuraX is mine, feel free to add!

Derrick01

Banned
How the hell are people spending 100 hours on P4G? I just finished it with the (sort of end spoilers)
bad ending
at 34 hours. This is my first time through the game. There's no way the
true ending
will double my playtime, even then.

What the hell are you people DOING in the game that makes it take so long?

I'm at 55-56 hours and I apparently have at least 2 dungeons left, not including the one I'm in now. I dunno why it's taking so long, maybe it's because I listen to all the voiced lines when they come up or fight every enemy I find in dungeons. I'm on normal difficulty too so the battles last a little longer.

Pachimari

So Resident Evil: Revelations have just been confirmed by Capcom officially but it's not headed for PS Vita. =(

It's coming out for PS3, 360, PC and Wii U though.

Ponn

Banned
Yes, I always go back to make sure I wipe up the extra boss, and I am making the most of every day by making sure I'm progressing a link or fishing if I have bugs. Maybe I'm too efficient. :/

I have multiple social links maxed, I have a lot gettin' up there...I dunno.

First finish the 1/3rd of game your missing right now, max all your social links, play it on very hard so you have to at least kill all the monsters you encounter. At this point you cant possibly be asking why your time is low while missing so much stuff.

Sid

That would make no sense if it wasn't to be honest. It would be a key way to differentiate it from ios and android. Tablets and phones would need a wikipad like accessory that you plug in when you want to play or a slide out form like psp go/xperia play.

Well let's see what the upcoming HW updates will bring. If they bring folders, further browser improvements, orientation, and bring out the apps by the bulk, integrate their book store with psn, launch an mp3/music store, etc then we'll know that they are prepping up for it.
Dude it's Sony,the hardware has to be designed in a way that it allows button controls for games but won't offend the casual gamer,like Xperia Play but better.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm at 55-56 hours and I apparently have at least 2 dungeons left, not including the one I'm in now. I dunno why it's taking so long, maybe it's because I listen to all the voiced lines when they come up or fight every enemy I find in dungeons. I'm on normal difficulty too so the battles last a little longer.

I don't sit around and listen, that might be part of it.

First finish the 1/3rd of game your missing right now, max all your social links, play it on very hard so you have to at least kill all the monsters you encounter. At this point you cant possibly be asking why your time is low while missing so much stuff.

Oh, so I need to play it on Very Hard to...what?

I kill everything I see. Well, whatever, we'll see after I finish the rest of it.

P4G Dec 3rd spoilers:
Having Nanako die and then come back was about as fucking stupid as it gets. Cheapened the shit out of an important moment. Really disappointed in the writing regarding that. They really couldn't come up with a better way for me to be angry at Namatame up there? Really? What a cop-out, and pretty much the only thing that's bothered me about the story so far.

Ran rp

It's just speculation since the Vita OS part wasn't a direct quote from Kaz but you should make a new thread anyway.

Dude it's Sony,the hardware has to be designed in a way that it allows button controls for games but won't offend the casual gamer,like Xperia Play but better.

Agree, hence a slide out control or accessory like add on.

PSY・S;46749435 said:
It's just speculation since the Vita OS part wasn't a direct quote from Kaz but you should make a new thread anyway.

You shouldn't make a new thread based on news from sources where you can't really understand the language and have to google translate. You, or someone else, is free to make it though :)

Ponn

Banned
I don't sit around and listen, that might be part of it.

Oh, so I need to play it on Very Hard to...what?

I kill everything I see. Well, whatever, we'll see after I finish the rest of it.

P4G Dec 3rd spoilers:
Having Nanako die and then come back was about as fucking stupid as it gets. Cheapened the shit out of an important moment. Really disappointed in the writing regarding that. They really couldn't come up with a better way for me to be angry at Namatame up there? Really? What a cop-out, and pretty much the only thing that's bothered me about the story so far.

Oh no you dont have to play on higher difficulty to unlock anything just if you find yourself blowing through dungeons that could be why. Also one of the
dungeons, not really new dungeon but secret boss is only unlocked on 2nd playthrough and fusing a particular persona requiring to be level 92. And that hospital scene was intentionally praying on emotion to get you to make the wrong choices. I feel Teddie actually did something to save Nanako but they didnt make it clear,

Also if you havent maxed or been working on one particular social link by now you may be screwed out of one dungeon and other stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh no you dont have to play on higher difficulty to unlock anything just if you find yourself blowing through dungeons that could be why. Also one of the
dungeons, not really new dungeon but secret bosses is only unlocked on 2nd playthrough and fusing a particular persona requiring to be level 92

Also if you havent maxed or been working on one particular social link by now you may be screwed out of one dungeon and other stuff.

Might be. I wanted to play through the first time naturally - and I will be doing a second playthrough as soon as I wrap it up, assisted with a guide so I can really clean house and max every link and read every damn book. I missed one!

Ran rp

Agree, hence a slide out control or accessory like add on.

You shouldn't make a new thread based on news from sources where you can't really understand the language and have to google translate. You, or someone else, is free to make it though :)

Plenty of threads have been made with google translated news that are later personally translated by a gaffer. I don't make threads myself though because I don't want to be responsible for them. :p

daoster

I seriously hope Sony doesn't go waste money and resources on making phones/tablets based on the Vita OS. It is a good OS...for a game system, but as a phone OS? And I really don't trust them to make it even a viable competitor to Android and iOS, much less Windows Mobile and even BB 10.

Unless of course this is meant for lower end phones that end up mainly in China and rest of Asia (like Samsung's on phone OS, whose name I can't remember)

darkwing

I seriously hope Sony doesn't go waste money and resources on making phones/tablets based on the Vita OS. It is a good OS...for a game system, but as a phone OS? And I really don't trust them to make it even a viable competitor to Android and iOS, much less Windows Mobile and even BB 10.

Unless of course this is meant for lower end phones that end up mainly in China and rest of Asia (like Samsung's on phone OS, whose name I can't remember)

which Sony phone is using the Vita OS? their newest one, the Z is still Android

Reclaimer

I have dozens, if not hundreds, of screenshots on my Vita. I LOVE the function, and I really hope PS4/Nextbox have something similar.

However, I feel like my screenshot function is starting to slow down a bit.

Is there any way to put these guys on the cloud quickly? I had very high hopes for Flickr, but the app makes you hand upload them one... by... one....making...it...very...very...sloooooooow.

Is my best bet just using my PC to pull em off my Vita and put em somewhere? (Like Dropbox or Flickr so I can still view em through the Vita browser.)

I finally made the connection between your avatar and your name, lol

But now I'm just annoyed that ricin is spelled incorrectly :mad:

LOL I'm glad someone other than me understands that!

And the reason for the misspelling is that PSN wouldn't allow the correct spelling as part of my PSN tag, so I settled for ricen lol

VanWinkle

So, you're saying that it's better for Vita's situation overall that this game isn't available?

That's just plain ridiculous.

How could you have got that from what he said? He's saying it's nothing to get too mad about that's it's not going to come out for it. It's not like, if Capcom announced it for Vita, he'd say it shouldn't have been announced at all.

crinale

Looks cool :)

KbAQXkS.jpg

Edit: Looks like it was fan-made art :(
Let's hope we get some news regarding this anytime soon...

Pachimari

Well, Vita needs big brands, and Resident Evil are one of them. There isn't a single horror game to my knowledge on the Vita, it needs horror games. Resident Evil is one of them. But no point in discussing it, the game is not coming to Vita anyway. :)

And I don't count Silent Hill: Book of Memories as a horror game, not the traditional form anyway.

So, you're saying that it's better for Vita's situation overall that this game isn't available?

That's just plain ridiculous.

I'm saying that it not being on Vita is by no means a terrible thing. The game has already shipped to a portable console so the potential that it would be worth the port to the PS3 AND Vita isn't there.

We also didn't get Power of Illusion...that a bad thing too?

daoster

I'm saying that it not being on Vita is by no means a terrible thing. The game has already shipped to a portable console so the potential that it would be worth the port to the PS3 AND Vita isn't there.

It's a terrible thing in that a big brand game is being ignored on the Vita, despite being released on every other major gaming platform.

But maybe that's because Capcom doesn't consider Vita a major platform anymore.

VanWinkle

It's more a matter of a big IP not coming to the Vita than not having a quality title coming. And that is an issue.

So not to get all meta but FYI I have PMed about two people trolling so far and one is banned, the other isn't, but it was a small thing :)

So see! The system works!

I have a Sony Xperia iON and it is running Android Ice Cream Sandwich. Though I like the phone a lot, it really acts up a lot and it runs kinda choppy. I like the VITA OS but I don't know if it could run on my phone (I know you're speaking future hardware) as smoothly as it does on the VITA. Although, I would assume that we would get more apps on the VITA if they integrated it somehow with their smartphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom