• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | December 2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aytrial

1KISVVQ.png

Latest Vita Firmware: 3.00

On December 17, 2011, a handheld was launched that took the hearts of many by storm. Despite it's ups and downs, the PlayStation Vita remains a handheld with a solid library, and this thread's purpose is to discuss the software released on a monthly basis.​

V1Ol7Ob.png

NA
03 - Rainbow Moon
Stick It to the Man
10 - Sorcery Saga: The Curse of the Great Curry God
17 - Indoor Sports World
Mutant Mudds Deluxe​

EU
04 - Rainbow Moon
Stick It to the Man​

TBA
Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse
Doki-Doki Universe
OlliOlli
Starlight Inception
Supermagical​

Never
Terraria​

ecVEg8D.png

Sorcery Saga: The Curse of the Great Curry God (Trailer)
Join Pupuru and Kuu on their epic quest quest to gather the ultimate ingredients to make the Legendary Magic Curry in this roguelike dungeon crawler. Will she succeed and save her friend's curry restaurant from going under?

YAivnBU.png

etQRmvF.png

JPN
05 - Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
Tearaway: Hagareta Sekai no Daibouken
19 - Amnesia: V Edition
Diabolik Lovers: Limited V Edition
Hakuouki: Kyouka Roku
Injustice: Kamigami no Gekitotsu
Kudo Wafuta: Converted Edition
Otomate Special Pack
Puella Magi Madoka Magicka: The Battle Pentagram
Shin Gundam Musou
26 - &: Sora no Mukou de Sakimasu You Ni 
Final Fantasy X HD Remaster
Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster​

snqwZ39.png

Puella Magi Madoka Magicka: The Battle Pentagram (Trailer)

For Madoka fans speculating what would happen if Homura gathered all 5 Magical Girls to defeat Walpurgis Night, speculate no further for The Battle Pentagram is here to deliver! Containing an original storyline supervised by Magica Quartet, The Battle Pentagram is divided into two distinct cycles: day and night. During the day, your chosen Magical Girl can converse with her fellow allies and strengthens their bonds, while at night you pick a partner go kick some witch ass. Yes, that means playable crack pairings.

"Make a contract with me and I can make a localisation happen!" /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

N2isLJf.png

ACoyPHT.png

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Trailer)

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD is finally here...in Japan. Need I say more?

For those concerned, an English Vita version is coming, but details are still very sparse.

5PbaCGH.png

6ZjUjZX.png

U8q5uDk.png

C2EP6G6.png

AS8cLZD.png

1ye7SWP.png

Coming as a surprised to absolutely no one, this month's winner is Tearaway!

For the unedumacted, Tearaway is a charming platformer developed by Media Molecule, the minds behind LittleBigPlanet. You join a little papery messenger, Iota or Atoi, on their epic journey throughout the land to delivery a message to none other than you!

Having played Tearaway myself and loving every second of it, I give it my wholehearted recommendation. It has tight platforming and a truly whimsical and charming story that I haven't seen in many modern AAA games. The unique visual style and silky smooth frame rate also make it quite the technical achievement for the Vita.

Check out the Tearaway OT for more information!​

HyyjQgd.png

How do I backup/transfer my games and saves to and from my PC/PS3?
For PC:
Follow this guide
For PS3:
Follow this other guide.

How do I switch accounts on my Vita?
First of all, note that:
1. A system can only be linked to one account at a time
2. A memory card can only be linked to one account at a time.

To switch accounts you must:
1. Restore the PS Vita System (Settings > Format > Restore).
2. Format the memory card (if you only have one) or swap in another memory card (if you have multiple).

More detailed steps located here courtesy of The Grim Heaper.

Is the Vita region free like the PSP? Can I import games without fear?
Yes it is and yes you can!

Please bear in mind that even if DLC is not region free. The only way to access the DLC of your imported games is to switch to an account with a matching region using the steps provided above.

What is PlayStation Plus? Why should I, as a Vita owner, care about it?
PlayStation Plus is a subscription service that not only gives you access to extra perks to use for your PS Vita, but also grants you an Instant Game Collection of 6 games available to try out for free. These perks include:
- 1GB Cloud Storage for all your PS Vita Game saves (PS1/PSP saves are not allowed).
- Automatic Save uploads to the Cloud, Game Updates and Trophy syncs.
- The same features available for your PlayStation 3 console, only with even more games.

Yf2EPVT.png

_____

Have suggestions on what you'd like to see added to future threads? PM me!

cyborg009

Banned
Should I contact amazon about the price drop on tearaway or did I already miss the opportunity?

editt: Nothing against the game its because the original price was always 30 but stupid SCEA is always lacking...

Yasumi

Banned
Is that supposed to be Kyubey in the title? Where are his eyes?
tumblr_mo5rmeoMQd1rufr8so1_400.gif

Edit: Never mind, I see them now. The eye and mouth characters weren't showing up on my tablet's Chrome. Thought they were bewbs at first.

Gotta admit, the Kyubey face got me to click the thread. Already have my LE copy of Battle Pentagram ordered, hoping it'll be here not long after the new year.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Terraria is going to be mineeeeee.

Someone needs to make some nice OLED wallpapers for it!

And Sonic Racing will be great, my girl will love it.

Soul4ger

Tearaway platinum obtained! And Ys just came from Amazon. I think I'm gonna go back and try for the Fury Mode trophies again, then I'll fire up Ys. My backlog continues to grow...

Drago

Sorry if this isnt the most appropriate topic but argh

I'm very close to snagging a white Vita off of Cowboom - my only concern is that it says a battery isnt included (neither is the ac cable or USB cable but those are cheap and widely available). Should I really be worried about this? If I do get it and there is indeed no battery where do I get a replacement?

EvaristeG

Banned
Downloading Sonic Racing Transformed right now. I wish Banjo & Ryo were still in the game though.

Still playing some Rayman Legends and Dragon's Crown. Love this handheld !

Great OP, I really appreciate the game descriptions and screenshots, especially given how obscure a lot of this stuff is.

Those FFX shots are almost making me forget how much that game and its absurd story bugged me. Looks really great.

Was there a vote for GotM? I haven't been active enough and must have missed it... but I was going to vote Tearaway anyway, of course :p

I really hope this physical copy of Putty Squad for Vita that I bought on ebay shows up in a week, and is legit... seller shipped the other day with no probs, but on release day I went to look at amazon.co.uk again and every version of it is temporarily out of stock, and the "more than 10 available" ebay listing I ordered from was gone too. Gonna import that DBZ game in January, too.

Soon as I get some money I'll pre-order Sorcery Saga. I hope the 10th is set in stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom