• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

I think they will make it digital only in the west.

That's fine with me - i'm willing to pay 40 euros for GE2.

Top of page:

Recomendation from Carl: Buy Mutant Blobs
Recomendation from me: Buy Oddworld, Virtue Last Reward, God Eater Burst and Persona 4 Golden :)

Shoyz

I think they will make it digital only in the west.

I hope not! I can barely justify buying digital localizations of retail games when they're heavily text-based and far cheaper than retail, but on the Vita where it's region free and memory cards are ungodly expensive, I'd rather just go all-import.

Good to see that Meruru is coming to JP Vita. Haven't played any Atelier and Meruru sounds like the first one that strikes the right balance of adventure, combat, dialogue, and leveling. I don't like the idea of spending all my time collecting mushrooms for recipes. Might just wait for the enhanced Vita localization. Or do people think I should try out or youtube earlier ones?
you'll go far on neogaf with a nisa avatar <3

You could try waiting for the Vita ports of Atelier, but... I'm not so sure what Koei has planned for those. :/ But you are right when you say Meruru is probably the most balanced/best out of the Arland Saga.

yella

I tried doing the referral thing that darkjedi sent me, but it keeps telling me that my serial # is invalid. Did anyone else trying get that same problem, and what did you guys do to fix it, if you could?

randomkid

Hey Vita folks, figured one of you might know the answer to this. I've been sitting on the three PS+ trial codes that I got along with my Amazon Assassin's Creed Vita bundle back on Black Friday. Amazon says the codes will expire on March 13, 2013, but I remember other people in the huge thread said that this was a "lie" and that we shouldn't worry about expirations. Who's right? Would prefer to save these codes for particular games and discounts in future months.

Man, I hate BeatSlider. It seems like a well-made game, but after Welcome Park I don't think I'll ever be able to stomach slider puzzles again. I shouldn't rag on something that's free, but I think wads trying to be mean this week.

SmokyDave

UK/EU people not played Playstation AllStars Battle Royale yet?
I picked it up. It'd be rude not to at that price.

Eh, it's ok. I've only done the tutorial, one arcade run and some of the trials but it's not bad. It's pretty fucking slick though and reminds me why I dig this handheld so much. It's capable of some rather lovely visuals. Kudos to Blueprint.

Carl

I picked it up. It'd be rude not to at that price.

Eh, it's ok. I've only done the tutorial, one arcade run and some of the trials but it's not bad. It's pretty fucking slick though and reminds me why I dig this handheld so much. It's capable of some rather lovely visuals. Kudos to Blueprint.

There are definitely a lot of problems with it, but i've found it enjoyable so far (not played it lately - trying to bust some PS3 backlog). But yeah, BluePoint did a really fantastic job. Hope they get an opportunity soon to do their own thing instead of ports.

ZeroAKA

It's currently on offer (until the 28th) - £19.99 or £17.99 for PS+ subscribers! Bargain. For this price, you get both the PS3 AND the PSVita version. Well worth a try.

Just click here https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/cid=EP9000-NPEA00413_00-PSABATROYL000001

(Also, hi. Definitely haven't been watching this thread for the last week.)
I'd definitely jump on that deal if I lived in EU. Welcome back!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
PlayStation Mobile

Expectation:
wyU5Owq.gif

Reality:
PYIsztq.gif

It's currently on offe

(Also, hi. Definitely haven't been watching this thread for the last week.)

welcome back.

no thanks, game is horrible,Superbot just super failed with it.

I got them mixed up, not sure a what they are working on.

Huh? They made Primal and LittleBigPlanet PSP, that's a good track record my my count.

they do have good track record quality wise (Ghosthunter which was pretty good too) but all Cambridge games bombed so far,and SCE close their studios left and right now day, if this game don't deliver the good for Killzone fans and don't sell well on Vita Cambridge will be no more.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Where can I go to express my utter frustration with PSN as a whole and maybe some help getting my psn related problems fixed?

-create a new thread (recommended)
-or write your problem in this thread (if it's vita related) or the PSN weekly thread.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
totobeni - what are your favorite games on vita?

Persona 4 Golden,Gravity Rush,Dokuro,Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational,Stranger's Wrath,WipEout 2048,Uncharted Golden Abyss,Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition,New Little King's Story and Mutant Blobs Attack

Carl

Persona 4 Golden,Gravity Rush,Dokuro,Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational,Stranger's Wrath,WipEout 2048,Uncharted Golden Abyss,Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition,New Little King's Story and Mutant Blobs Attack

You're right sometimes, Toto ;)

VanWinkle

Yet we only ever hear about what you hate or have negativity towards. Why is that?

Famassu

^this. FFIX induces sleep. Started playing it for the first time this week. It's not a bad game but it's just too damn slow!
VII and VIII seem to load quicker too.
This was a bit of a pattern with PS1 & PS2 generation's last FFs. Both IX & XII were clearly too ambitious for the platforms they were done for. For this reason, while impressive for a PS1 game, IX is really slow and cumbersome, PS1 simply wasn't capable to run the game (the game is in desperate need of a small upgrade/remake). XII, on the other hand, took forever to be developed and a lot of stuff had to be cut from original plans (for example, it was supposed to have a world (mostly) free of loading screens), plus it ended up causing some sort of meltdown for Matsuno, leaving the project a bit unfinished (at least from a story POV).

Shoyz

This was a bit of a pattern with PS1 & PS2 generation's last FFs. Both IX & XII were clearly too ambitious for the platforms they were done for. For this reason, while impressive for a PS1 game, IX is really slow and cumbersome, PS1 simply wasn't capable to run the game (the game is in desperate need of a small upgrade/remake). XII, on the other hand, took forever to be developed and a lot of stuff had to be cut from original plans (for example, it was supposed to have a world (mostly) free of loading screens), plus it ended up causing some sort of meltdown for Matsuno, leaving the project a bit unfinished (at least from a story POV).

With how amazing Dissidia was, and how amazing Type-0 seems, I'm surprised Final Fantasy doesn't just go the way of Monster Hunter and become a portable franchise with occasional HD ports.

It's not hard at all. Just learn the patterns and play safe.

I got it eventually, but it was aggravating for sure. Not quite as aggravating as some of the other trophies I've been working towards lately, but it was definitely more ridiculous than it needed to be. Unless you just want to spend 40 minutes doing it... LOL

Seriously, I'd spend like 7 minutes on the first boss because the crates kept coming down in the wrong spots only to have the chef bastard somehow hit me with the salt shaker when I wasn't even close for instant death. Try again and get to the dragon only to have my hand slip and one of the 3 fire creatures clip me... do it all again and then have a slipped jump on the gatekeeper boss catch me with a random feather. Do it all again and have the fish bastard not show up on the right side to make it work... it was definitely annoying...

Yet we only ever hear about what you hate or have negativity towards. Why is that?

So much hate, not enough love. The hate is overpowering. ;)

Why is escapeVektor good -- sell me on it before the sale ends. :p

Twinduct

Welcome back Carl, don't go off into the deep end again :p

On Topic, GE2 looks really nice! Any idea if the custom bullets will make a comeback? It confused the shit out of me in GEB, and at the end I just googled some patterns.

VanWinkle

I got it eventually, but it was aggravating for sure. Not quite as aggravating as some of the other trophies I've been working towards lately, but it was definitely more ridiculous than it needed to be. Unless you just want to spend 40 minutes doing it... LOL

Seriously, I'd spend like 7 minutes on the first boss because the crates kept coming down in the wrong spots only to have the chef bastard somehow hit me with the salt shaker when I wasn't even close for instant death. Try again and get to the dragon only to have my hand slip and one of the 3 fire creatures clip me... do it all again and then have a slipped jump on the gatekeeper boss catch me with a random feather. Do it all again and have the fish bastard not show up on the right side to make it work... it was definitely annoying...

So much hate, not enough love. The hate is overpowering. ;)

Why is escapeVektor good -- sell me on it before the sale ends. :p

It's just...I don't know, great arcade puzzle fun. Really nice presentation, colorful graphics, great difficulty. A little bit PacMan-esque, too. Just really fun.

On Topic, GE2 looks really nice! Any idea if the custom bullets will make a comeback? It confused the shit out of me in GEB, and at the end I just googled some patterns.

My sentiments exactly - did they ever provide clear rules for building combinations ? Or was it all left to trial and error ?

they do have good track record quality wise (Ghosthunter which was pretty good too) but all Cambridge games bombed so far,and SCE close their studios left and right now day, if this game don't deliver the good for Killzone fans and don't sell well on Vita Cambridge will be no more.
Cambridge have done a fair bit of support work over the years, both indirectly by creating general development tools and graphics tech for other studios, and directly by assisting on Killzone 2 & 3, Heavenly Sword, WipEout, etc. If Sony truly was that disenchanted with them, they'd simply have them stop making their own games and relegate them to full time support.

namDa65

ahhh i love you vita. i dont get the love towards mutant blobs though, so boring.

debating on wether to get sonic transformed or dynasty warriors

Carl

OH MY GOD IT'S THE APOCALYSPE

Also how are you enjoying vita Carl?

Oh I just realized Carl's back. Welcome back, Carl.

Thanks all! yeah, probably best to stay out of threads that have gone off topic...

I've not been on my Vita in a while :eek: Trying to bust some backlog on PS3. Might go back to it after i've beaten Borderlands.

Remember i said someone i know is working on a Playstation Mobile game? Might have some news on that in a bit, when he gets back to my email... :p

Thanks all! yeah, probably best to stay out of threads that have gone off topic...

I've not been on my Vita in a while :eek: Trying to bust some backlog on PS3. Might go back to it after i've beaten Borderlands.

Remember i said someone i know is working on a Playstation Mobile game? Might have some news on that in a bit, when he gets back to my email... :p

That reminds, did you get hired by futurlabs yet?

Carl

That reminds, did you get hired by futurlabs yet?

Ha, no. Why would they hire me? Besides, it would be a long commute in the morning... I live nowhere near Brighton! They told me about Velocity Ultra ahead of time, though. Because they're cool.

Carl

Meta meta meta meta

I accidentally wrote this. It was not an attempt at backseat modding. ;-)

I don't understand...(Oh you edited. Fair enough...)

Also, you should put a link in the OP to the webstore for the Game of the Month. Just so people can buy P4G that bit easier ;)

VanWinkle

I LOVE that we can now LINK to games on the PS Store to buy them! It's just so great. Store update posts and everything will be so much more convenient now that we have a web store.

ahhh i love you vita. i dont get the love towards mutant blobs though, so boring.

debating on wether to get sonic transformed or dynasty warriors
I agree.

As for Sonic vs DWN, I've only played DWN on the Vita and it's so much fun. Lots of gimmicks shoved in which pull away from the fun factor, but it's a good time waster and one of the better Dynasty Warrior games.

brb deleting senran kagura off the op
ibtssHRy5jJfuh.jpg

D-d-d-don't do it, I-I never beat my games!

Carl

Wow. That's a fantastic idea.

Gt on it

Thanks. Maybe put links in to the other games as they're released or whatever too. IDK. Definitely for the Game of the Month, though.

I LOVE that we can now LINK to games on the PS Store to buy them! It's just so great. Store update posts and everything will be so much more convenient now that we have a web store.

Yeah the web store has been out in the EU for a while, it's useful to be able to link people straight to great games or great offers.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
you'll go far on neogaf with a nisa avatar <3

You could try waiting for the Vita ports of Atelier, but... I'm not so sure what Koei has planned for those. :/ But you are right when you say Meruru is probably the most balanced/best out of the Arland Saga.
After the recent mess up with Ayesha, I think Koei doesn't know what to do with the series in the west. We should have had a Totori announcement by now, especially given how much support they're giving the Vita. But someone over there doesn't understand the Gust fan base.

Tomodachi

The current time to beat for this month's challenge is 00'45''66.
If I send you a screenshot with my time now, I can send another one before the challenge deadline in the case I manage to improve my time right?

LOL this sounds all so official, I love it.

Top Bottom