• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

kiyomi

In most cases I'd go physical over download, but currently I have Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Jet Set Radio from PS+ that I'd be transferring over. Add to that any other games that get added to PS+ and some PS1/PSP/PSN games that I could also potentially transfer over, but probably not too many at once.

I guess 16GB might suit me better for the time being.
Uncharted is like 3gb, JSR is 1.1gb. Not sure about Gravity Rush but someone will tell you.

Honestly I might just go for the 16gb and save up or wait for a sale on the 32. Considering most PS1 and PSP games aren't larger than a gig, you should have a decent selection. Worst case scenario is that you end up selling the 16gb or you keep it as a nice spare or alternative region account.

I don't think you can really go wrong either way. :)

I can keep GR, UGA, MK, Oddworld and bunch of smaller stuff (PSN/PSP/PS1) on 16 gigs so it's managable if you don't mind deleting games from time to time.

For some reason I don't like Gravity Rush, I did like 3 story missions and all of the challenge missions are hard and the game barely explains the depth of your abilities at the start of the game and most of the town is empty and boring; full of mute townspeople who just aimlessly walk around.

Maybe I'm too early into the game for it to be fun but so far the story missions are easy and boring and the challenge missions are hard but only because it plops you into a scenario without being like of hey the enemy has this weakpoint and you can do this with gravity.

No, you have to do some story missions, then the game explains something to you then you have to go all the way through some empty ass town to find the challenge mission you were having trouble with in the first place.

VanWinkle

For some reason I don't like Gravity Rush, I did like 3 story missions and all of the challenge missions are hard and the game barely explains the depth of your abilities at the start of the game and most of the town is empty and boring; full of mute townspeople who just aimlessly walk around.

Maybe I'm too early into the game for it to be fun but so far the story missions are easy and boring and the challenge missions are hard but only because it plops you into a scenario without being like of hey the enemy has this weakpoint and you can do this with gravity.

No, you have to do some story missions, then the game explains something to you then you have to go all the way through some empty ass town to find the challenge mission you were having trouble with in the first place.

I don't dislike Gravity Rush, but I am not huge into it. I still need to get back into the game, because I bought it launch day and only played a couple of hours of it. I really like the game world and characters, though.

RpgN

Killzone looks crazy in those small previews. It sounds like this week it will be Sony's turn to show off their games :) Nintendo did great last week.

Good PBR matches with RPGn. GG, dude.

Yeah man, it was tons of fun. Thanks for the invite!

And that brings us to PBR, Carl had the decency to mention the game again with its reduced price of 20 pounds. The offer will expire tomorrow or the day after, I got reminded again and decided to buy the game today. I've only played two online matches and basic tutorial/trial modes and can already see this game is actually better than anticipated. Online matches play smoothly and were lag-free I think, at least there were no apparent slow downs. Also I had no idea it had so many options such as 2 vs 2 matches. This would be great to play on co-op against other teams. The game is good fun and has lots of stuff to unlock, I'm a bit surprised.

This is another reminder, if you're still on the fence about the game, it might be worth getting!

You shouldn't touch challenge missions until you progress far into story and upgrade your character.

CrovaxPSO

I'm not sure about prices outside of the US but here a 16GB does not cost half as much as a 32GB, it's more than half. That's the reason I haven't just bought a 16 for now. I'd rather spend the extra $25 or so when the 32s have one of the drops to $80 or so on Amazon.

kiyomi

The bits where you're doing basically nothing between missions are easily my favourite in the game. Away from the annoying combat or slide mechanic, the game becomes really alive to me when you're invited to spend time just flying and goofing about looking for gems in every nook and cranny.

I never found the world boring because I always felt I was able to make something of it myself, be it throwing an innocent child into the vortex of doom or dropping myself off a tall building before catching myself right before I land.

With time, the upgrades give Kat a real sense of power and leave a world that is interesting to visit because of the different angles you can approach it at.

Ein Bear

Hey VitaGAF! I had to sell my Vita last November when I needed some quick cash, but just re-bought a new one today.

Anything I've missed in the past few months that I need to be playing? :)

Iacobellis

Hey VitaGAF! I had to seel my Vita last November when I needed some quick cash, but just re-bought a new one today.

Hm... Nothing major since you've been gone, but some pretty big releases come out this year.

• Sly Cooper
  • Killzone
  • Tearaway
  • Soul Sacrifice

That just scratches the surface.

ZeroAKA

Hey VitaGAF! I had to seel my Vita last November when I needed some quick cash, but just re-bought a new one today.

Persona 4 Golden is your best bet if you haven't picked that up yet, although PSASBR, Sonic Racing Transformed, Oddworld, DJMAX Technika Tune, and Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable also seem to be fairly popular around here.

Ein Bear

Hm... Nothing major since you've been gone, but some pretty big releases come out this year.

• Sly Cooper
  • Killzone
  • Tearaway
  • Soul Sacrifice

That just scratches the surface.

Persona 4 Golden is your best bet if you haven't picked that up yet, although PSASBR, Sonic Racing Transformed, Oddworld, DJMAX Technika Tune, and Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable also seem to be fairly popular around here.

Thanks guys!

Completely forgot that there was a new Sly Cooper coming - isn't it cross play with the PS3 version too? Persona 4 still isn't out here in the UK yet, depressingly, though am looking forward to getting it.

Holy shit I had no idea there was a Vita EDF game. Buying that right now.

kiyomi

Yeah man, it was tons of fun. Thanks for the invite!

And that brings us to PBR, Carl had the decency to mention the game again with its reduced price of 20 pounds. The offer will expire tomorrow or the day after, I got reminded again and decided to buy the game today. I've only played two online matches and basic tutorial/trial modes and can already see this game is actually better than anticipated. Online matches play smoothly and were lag-free I think, at least there were no apparent slow downs. Also I had no idea it had so many options such as 2 vs 2 matches. This would be great to play on co-op against other teams. The game is good fun and has lots of stuff to unlock, I'm a bit surprised.

This is another reminder, if you're still on the fence about the game, it might be worth getting!
I bought it a couple of days ago but I haven't played online yet. Would really enjoy some VitaGAF games with anyone.

It's pretty fun and £17.99 for both copies is a nice deal.

Iacobellis

Thanks guys!

Completely forgot that there was a new Sly Cooper coming - isn't it cross play with the PS3 version too? Persona 4 still isn't out here in the UK yet, depressingly, though am looking forward to getting it.

Holy shit I had no idea there was a Vita EDF game. Buying that right now.

Well, it's Cross-Buy. $40 gets you the PS3 and Vita version, $30 for just a Vita copy.

zulux21

So how the fuck amazing excited are you guys about FINALLY some KZ news!!?!!

on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 not being excited at all and 10 being so excited i will die from over excitement... I am not sure I can even get up to a 1 in excitement :p

I do not even slightly care about the killzone series.

now if you were talking about tearaway news I would be a bit more interested, but i am worried that touch gimmicks are going to keep me from enjoying the game.

danthefan

I got myself a Vita and PS+ this week, how often does PS+ get updated? I have Uncharted and Gravity Rush now, will there be any more full games given out any time soon?

Holy shitballs this thread moves even faster than the original one, I think.

So excited to finally see SOMETHING regarding KZ Mercenary, and I couldn't help but notice that Polish magazine had stuff for Tearaway in it too, can anyone translate/sum it up?

Shoyz

As hard as it's going to be for me to adapt to the fact that Vita games by-and-large will not include physical manuals anymore, I don't think I'll ever get used to them including -nothing- inside. It'd be nice if they'd at least include a single folded sheet of paper with a picture on it to give you the sense of getting a complete package.

It's mind-boggling that I can open my copy of such a sub-par game like Spirit Camera (3DS) and find a full-color manual, full-color journal 'accessory' (for the gameplay, the bulk of a second manual essentially) among various other inserts, and then open a sealed copy of an amazing game like Persona 4 and..nothing!

Although I'm very glad that (as of yet, at least) Vita games don't come in plastic-saving cases. The cover-art for all of my 3DS games are warped due to all the little squares they cut into it.

Gxgear

Games to import:
Shonovi Vs.
ToH
Gundam Breaker
MLB Power Pros (if they stop making yearly iterations)

Games to import if no localization:
PSO2
Muramasa

Gotta add to me Vita backlog. Surprising, I know.

Baki

Taking the plunge and going to buy a Vita. I have PS+ and seeing those Vita games available for me (which I've "purchased" already) has tempted me, as has the good amount of PSN games available, PS1/PSP games and games like Persona 4. And since I just got paid, now feels like a good time.

I'm from the UK, so any good deals going around at the moment? Currently I've got a Wi-Fi LBP Vita bundle, a 32GB memory card and the starter kit in my Amazon basket at a total of £296.98 which doesn't seem too bad. And LBP, Uncharted, Gravity Rush and a bunch of PS1 games I could transfer over would keep me occupied for a good while until I buy Persona 4 and some PSN games. Anyone think I could get all that for cheaper elsewhere? I suppose I could take away the starter kit, but that leather case looks the sex.
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ps-...iberation-fifa-13-need-for-speed-most-1385771

There are more deals available! Like 3G Version for £179.99 from Play.com etccc!

beast786

As hard as it's going to be for me to adapt to the fact that Vita games by-and-large will not include physical manuals anymore, I don't think I'll ever get used to them including -nothing- inside. It'd be nice if they'd at least include a single folded sheet of paper with a picture on it to give you the sense of getting a complete package.

It's mind-boggling that I can open my copy of such a sub-par game like Spirit Camera (3DS) and find a full-color manual, full-color journal 'accessory' (for the gameplay, the bulk of a second manual essentially) among various other inserts, and then open a sealed copy of an amazing game like Persona 4 and..nothing!

Although I'm very glad that (as of yet, at least) Vita games don't come in plastic-saving cases. The cover-art for all of my 3DS games are warped due to all the little squares they cut into it.

that is why going digital has been easy for me. there is nothing that feels special about the retail anymore

Games to import:
Shonovi Vs.
ToH
Gundam Breaker
MLB Power Pros (if they stop making yearly iterations)

Games to import if no localization:
PSO2
Muramasa

Gotta add to me Vita backlog. Surprising, I know.

Dude. MLB Power Pros! Good times, wish that was available in the states.

Iacobellis

I am really starting to see 2013 being Sony's year. Vita will get its first price cut, major first party releases are on the horizon (Killzone, Tearaway, Sly Cooper, Soul Sacrifice, etc.), and the PS4 is expected to come out this year.

Damn, it feels good.

RoKKeR

I am really starting to see 2013 being Sony's year. Vita will get its first price cut, major first party releases are on the horizon (Killzone, Tearaway, Sly Cooper, Soul Sacrifice, etc.), and the PS4 is expected to come out this year.

Damn, it feels good.
Now we need some solid Vita titles for Q3/4 for this year and we'll be set.

Top Bottom