• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

ZeroAKA

I can imagine someone racking up.. tons of PSN credit :O
According to the website, the PSN credit caps at $200 (10 referrals). You can still rack up more if you're going for the grand prize of 1,000,000 Sony Rewards points though.

If anyone wants a referral code for some PSN credit, you can also PM me. :)

Ken

According to the website, the PSN credit caps at $200 (10 referrals). You can still rack up more if you're going for the grand prize of 1,000,000 Sony Rewards points though.

If anyone wants to give it a go, you can also PM me. :)

How does all this work/what do I need? I could use 20 bucks.

sweet. so what are the odds sony actually goofed and will allows us to submit our pre-owned vitas...hate to be a debbie-downer but i think >1%. would love it though if it is successful!

I bet a lot of these referrals are going to get cancelled when they realize how many of them are from preexisting users that have had accounts tied to Vitas for much longer than the campaign has been running.

Iacobellis

I bet a lot of these referrals are going to get cancelled when they realize how many of them are from preexisting users that have had accounts tied to Vitas for much longer than the campaign has been running.

Well, did they really expect people to run out and buy a Vita because they can get $20 for buying virtual items?

Do you expect them to pay out for what is essentially cheating the system? I'm not saying I wouldn't do it, or if I had a US Vita I wouldn't send you my info, I'm just saying don't get your hopes up.

Derrick01

Banned
PS3 here (if the game turned ok),it's just $10 higher for two version and you'll get all that Wii U/2nd screen/cross controller gimmicks too.

That's ok with me since I'm spending less. 2 versions are useless for me unless both offer their own trophy list which I believe isn't the case with this game. I've got Dynasty Warriors and VLR paying $20 of it off so once I finish Sly and likely want to trade it in I'll end up getting my $10 back.

Krakatoa

If anyone wants a referral code for some PSN credit, you can also PM me. :)

sorry sent a PM

Wait so are they going to mail us these cards? I feel like I didn't give them enough information for them to know where I live haha. I assumed they would just put the dough on your PSN or email you (the email tied to that PSN) with a code

ZodR_ARG

Neo Member
Wait so are they going to mail us these cards? I feel like I didn't give them enough information for them to know where I live haha. I assumed they would just put the dough on your PSN or email you (the email tied to that PSN) with a code

" For both Contestant and the Referred PS Vita Purchasers, in order to claim the twenty dollar ($20) PlayStation®Network gift card, such Contestant or Referred PS Vita Purchaser must sign into PSN and visit the PlayStation Store, then use the code that is provided in the email. "

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/footer/terms_of_use/psvitacontest/

Ken

They'll probably mail it to whatever physical address you have in your SEN profile.

^4-6 week delivery of an email? :(

Just bought Need For Speed Most Wanted for $40 at Wal-Mart... not really digging it. So many jaggies, and they're noticeable. I haven't given it a fair shot yet though, so maybe I'll end up liking it.

How many Referrals can you except using the same PSN account and Serial? I'm assuming just one?

ZeroAKA

They'll probably mail it to whatever physical address you have in your SEN profile.

^4-6 week delivery of an email? :(
Mailing a physical card seems like a waste of resources.

How many Referrals can you except using the same PSN account and Serial? I'm assuming just one?
From my understanding, only people who were emailed about the referral offer can actually register for a referral code. Others can use that person's code so that both of them can get the $20 credit. There is no limit to the number of referrals that person can get, but the PSN credit caps at 10 referrals.

ZeroAKA

So I think I'm going to buy Sound Shapes with my $20 (thanks Zero) and then save the other $5 until something interesting goes on sale.

How is Sound Shapes?
Sound Shapes is a very simple platformer with some superb music. It also has one of the most user-friendly level editors I've seen in any game. If you don't mind the shallow platforming, I'd say for it. You might want to watch a few videos before taking the plunge just to be sure. (Is there a demo in the PS Store that you can try out?)

mollipen

As a genuine question (don't think of me as a "hater" or anything) - but wouldn't you guys rather have some proper handheld games on the system?

With games like Wipeout, Uncharted and Killzone - why wouldn't I just play them on a PS3? The audiovisual experience that those games are going for is surpassed easily by home consoles. The only Killzone that would get me excited on a portable is another top down one - using the touch to direct your units or something.

Games like Tearaway, Sound Shapes etc are the games that will make me a buy a Vita - much like how FF:TA, The World Ends With You and Bowser's Inside Story made me get a DS.

For me, I prefer to do my gaming on a handheld versus on consoles. So, I like the idea of being able to play console-style games on my Vita versus on my PS3. I just enjoy the intimacy and "go anywhere" nature of handhelds.

DiscoJer

Considering it's literally broken, I don't see how it's going to work if they try to verify it.

I mean, you can only enter a 10 digit number. Vita serial numbers are 9 digits (or 11 digits, depending on who you believe).

Unless they only check the first 9 numbers, all the numbers entered will be wrong.

Sound Shapes is a very simple platformer with some superb music. It also has one of the most user-friendly level editors I've seen in any game. If you don't mind the shallow platforming, I'd say for it. You might want to watch a few videos before taking the plunge just to be sure. (Is there a demo in the PS Store that you can try out?)
I don't mind shallow platforming. I want a quick easy to pick up and play game that'll entertain me and I can just play for hours and have fun.

How long is Sound Shapes? Sounds perfect so far.

Posted this in the hardware thread but will also post here as this thread is more active :)

Can anybody help me my cousin gave me his broke vita and I want to send it in and get it fixed. I sent sony a email with the serial number and stuff and the problems with it but I sent it to a email that recently I cant log into. Its locked or something. I have the service follow up number or whatever and I will send them a email back with it so I can get the reply in a working email. The vita wont turn on even when on the charger, the logo glows but wont turn on. The charger is now broke I can buy a new one right? And just recently I found the oled screen looks punctured its not on so I can really see how much but I can tell. Anyways do any of you know this process, how long, price??? It was bought on day 1 not sure if that'll help. Help me I want to play P4G :(

Takao

Banned
That SCEJ brain training game announced in Famitsu last week? It's just a localization of Smart As.

Surprised SCEJ is localizing pretty much every western SCE Vita game. I don't think anyone wanted Reality Fighters, or Little Deviants, especially in Japan.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Considering it's literally broken, I don't see how it's going to work if they try to verify it.

I mean, you can only enter a 10 digit number. Vita serial numbers are 9 digits (or 11 digits, depending on who you believe).

Unless they only check the first 9 numbers, all the numbers entered will be wrong.
Yeah. I'm skeptical but still hopeful.

Whilst this is a good promo for people that can get it, it's pretty sad that it has now detracted from the main purpose of this thread, think it would have been better and nicer to the OP to have created it's own topic rather than cluttering up this one.

Takao

Banned
Invizimals 4 confirmed for Vita this Christmas: http://www.3djuegos.com/juegos/avances/15507/3726/0/invizimals-desafios-ocultos/

As mentioned a few pages back, Novarama decided against a 2012 Invizimals release to give 2013's game more time in the oven as it's apparently a bigger, more ambitious project.

Also, Novarama is only 27 people! This is the studio that not only develops annual video games, but also created the Wide Area Augmented Reality tech that is deployed in many Vita games. Wow.

My Portuguese (and therefore my Spanish) is rather poor, so I'm sure what he said here:

"siendo uno de los pocos títulos no japoneses que tuvo cierto tirón en Japón."

Google gives me "one of the few non-Japanese titles that had some jerk in Japan" wat.

Invizimals 4 confirmed for Vita this Christmas: http://www.3djuegos.com/juegos/avances/15507/3726/0/invizimals-desafios-ocultos/

As mentioned a few pages back, Novarama decided against a 2012 Invizimals release to give 2013's game more time in the oven as it's apparently a bigger, more ambitious project.

Also, Novarama is only 27 people! This is the studio that not only develops annual video games, but also created the Wide Area Augmented Reality tech that is deployed in many Vita games. Wow.

My Portuguese (and therefore my Spanish) is rather poor, so I'm sure what he said here:

Google gives me "one of the few non-Japanese titles that had some jerk in Japan" wat.

Hopefully we will get a blog post this week!

Wow we might get posts for invizimals, killzone and tearaway! :0

Sid

lol he means traction I guess.

Shoyz

The point of augmented reality is to be immersive, which is why I was confused about the focus on AR from the 3DS/Vita with their awful cameras. In-game models affixed to horribly pixelated video stream isn't very fun I feel like.

Top Bottom