• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

Takao

Banned
VUsZeel.png

The thirst is real
lol.gif

Dragon's Dogma Quest is the PlayStation equivalent of a Nintendo testwhere no matter what we lose. If it's a success Capcom will only release shitty phone games on Vita. If it fails Vita will never see another game from them.

Edgeward

The CTA grips I got recently work fine. Shape of the grips is pretty much the exact same as the monoprice one above. Not the best fit for small hands like mine, but still better for long sessions than just naked vita. I did have to stick folded papers underneath to make it have a snug fit. Otherwise, without the folded papers the vita can move a tiny bit to annoy you

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

RpgN

I think it depends on how you look at it. What you say totally makes sense but perspective is pretty important in how each person judges it.

I dont judge PSN prices compared to Mobile or steam as I understand they are different platforms and each audience views value on that system differently.

I also never had a PS3 or PSP so I have no older / other versions to compare it to apart from the digital PSP version which was already old.

To me PSX games cost about £5 on average. Indie vita games £6-10 and full price games £20-30 pounds.

But thats just because of what I am used to and expect. Im sure if I had a PS3 I would see it the same as you and think its to much.

That's understandable. In fact, it's worth the asking price if it's your first time playing the game purely on how good it is. That perspective is easy to see, and I won't judge people who are willing to pay this much for it or willing to double or triple dip for a game they enjoy. The developer is not living in a vacuum however. PSN has changed dramatically for the past few years and not all are willing to ignore the things the game has against it that has already been mentioned.

I don't buy steam or mobile games on iOS or android, so my comparison doesn't come with those platforms. Playstation mobile games are clearly on a very different level of content and budget, so I wouldn't compare them to those either.

My ideal would be 8 pounds at most for well produced PSN games (and they have to be worth the 8 instead of say 5 pounds), that's where I'm still willing to buy games day 1. If they're over that, then they have to be pretty amazing/special to justify the asking price. Otherwise they might be bought once they have a good sale. It's very rare for me to pay more for PSN games. I understand that others have different expectations and limits though.

EDIT:

PSN games doesn't include PS1, PS2 and retail games. I'm talking purely about exclusive games that seem to have lower budgets and are mostly made by indie developers.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
A Pokémon homage called Collectems is coming to Vita. Pockett.net has the scoop. Can't post link on mobile.

Google Translate of the Info: http://www.pockett.net/n18338_PS_Vita_Collectems_le_Pokemon_like_de_la_PS_Vita

[Pockett.net] - The players are not ready to see a Pokemon game on PS Vita. Never mind: the studio announced Collectems The Layabouts on computers and PS Vita.

Collectems is indeed an RPG, Rogue-like way with the collection of monsters. It plays the role of a teenager. A fire has destroyed everything, your father is not found and you left his debts. You venture into the Tamota Peninsula, where mutant monsters, Collectems, ravaged the local ecosystem. You decide to catch, knowing that they can serve either as pets or assistants for biological weapons of mass destruction. There will of course be fighting turn between monsters, each with its strengths and weaknesses. Also debts to repay, the player can invest money to create breeding centers, research, etc..

Developers do not hide their inspiration for monsters: Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue. Moreover, they pushed up the vice adopt a graphical style Game Boy and even chiptune music!

But other influences will be felt: Majora's Mask and Mother games for the interaction between the characters, for the X-COM strategy, The Binding of Isaac and Rogue Legacy for random generation. The latter would provide great replay value, according to the developers. In addition, many aspects of the game can be set by the player or not as the final death of restrictions on what can be learned monsters, etc..

The release date is not known Collectems. Other platforms may be announced. IPhone / iPad and Android promises since a touch interface?

screen1_greenscale21.png

$h@d0w

Ono acknowledges demand for Vita port of Ultra SF4:

https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/357312815331147776
Yay!!

In other news, Chaos Rings is coming to PS Mobile next week.
Square Enix is bringing their smartphone RPG hit, Chaos Rings, to PlayStation Vita. The game will be re-released as a PlayStation Mobile title on July 24 so you can enter the Ark Arena on Vita.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/1...m_campaign=Feed:+siliconera/MkOc+(Siliconera)

It is confirmed for Japanese release so far but since most PSM games release world wide and this one is already localized, i expect the game in English.

I think it's more that they're targeting a specific demographic (Japanese gamers who love games of the genre because they're thinking the sales will be there).

Well the sales are definitly there if you look into MC threads.

Ragnarok did well for Gung Ho, SS sold nicely in Japan, Toukiden is going to be second best selling Vita game in a few weeks.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
VUsZeel.png

The thirst is real
lol.gif
Trololol.
Just for curiosity what capcom series are live and have 3 episodes? Lost planet and dead rising are the only ones coming in mind.

Lol

Yay!!

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/1...m_campaign=Feed:+siliconera/MkOc+(Siliconera)

It is confirmed for Japanese release so far but since most PSM games release world wide and this one is already localized, i expect the game in English.

Do anyone know how does it compare graphically to the original?

DiscoJer

Yay!!

There's been a number of Japan only ones. If it were getting a wider release, they probably would have put out a press release at Games Press.

What's also curious is that PS Mobile was supposed to get another Chillingo game last week, but it never materialized as far as I can tell.

Well, Star Wars was a huge seller on PSP lol

3DS angry birds is best selling 3rd party game on that console in NA (after price drop to 20$)
And this one comes with Star Wars - no matter what we think about it - it's going to sell - and retail software selling for Vita is what we need.

Tsunamo

Dragon's Crown is confirmed for Europe this fall, NISA being the savior. I'm importing then.
I really wish it was releasing closer. I really want the game, but the problem of Vita not being able to have DLC from other regions on one account makes it hard for me to import it, and on the other hand the PS3 doesn't have that issue, but I really wanted it on Vita.

Now I'm not sure whether to wait and get it on Vita along with the DLC or import and grab it on PS3 or Vita. D:

I sure hope so.

JoeFenix

is it true theres a sale coming up on psn for vita games? want to buy games but will hold off if true
There have been Weekly sales on VITA/PSP games every month. You just have to keep an eye out for them. Like i brought Sly 4 for just 14 dollars, Escape Plan for 4 dollars and Mortal Kombat for 5 dollars. There are more sales and they happen frequently(Twice a month, i think)

FDC1

From the EU summer sale topic:

Machinarium (PS Vita): Was €5.99, now €2.99 (save 50%)
A-Men (PS Vita): Was €7.99, now €2.99 (save 67%)

Extra 10% for PS+ members

Maedhros

Yeah, Toukiden looks from the upcoming games the most promisingly one to catch what makes monster hunter so addictive. Don't get me wrong Soul Sacrifice is fun but:
- lacks a good crafting system
- combat is compared to mh too simple
- armor is just cosmetic

Lore and monster design are great.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about...

Yesterday I played a little bit of Mahvel. When you see me online, send an invite.

i can't play till around 7. really trying to work on my doctor doom.

landed my up TAC with him, which is pretty amazing to watch. you start a combo, TAC to doom at like the highest point on the screen, and just combo them the whole way down until doom hits the floor into rocks, into plasma sphere which sends them back up

From the EU summer sale topic:

Machinarium (PS Vita): Was €5.99, now €2.99 (save 50%)
A-Men (PS Vita): Was €7.99, now €2.99 (save 67%)

Extra 10% for PS+ members
Wow! Everyone should try out Machinarium. Especially at that price. Nice little adventure game.

I haven't played Toukiden, yet. But after watching some videos and reading about it, it might come closer to mh than the rest. For example TK is the first clone where your armor matters.

I haven't played Toukiden, yet. But after watching some videos and reading about it, it might come closer to mh than the rest. For example TK is the first clone where your armor matters.

I will at least say SS is way better than RO. That had to be the worst purchase of mine in the past 2 years. Very disappointed with that.

MH3U actually made me quit playing PSO2 on the computer. It was so good only I played SS for about 3 hours. Now, i just stare at the bubble and think "no thanks"

the crafting/farming in MH is unrivaled IMO

as far as point n click, it works better than a d-pad, sure, but no where near as good as a mouse.

Worms Revolution Extreme features an extensive single player campaign spanning 47 missions and 25 puzzles to beat. Missions are set amongst a variety of different environment themes including: Sewer, Farmyard, Spooky, Beach, Mars, Funfair or Medieval.

New for PS Vita (and PS3) is the cool Cross-Gifting feature, Treasure Mode. This new mode lets you link up with your friends who have a PS3 system (or vice versa). You can help each other unlock 10 special gifts using a lock and key system. Meet the requirements in either offline Versus or online battles to receive a key and connect to a friend’s PS3 system with the corresponding chest to unlock the treasure!

We’ve also added the ability to use PS Vita’s front touch screen to select items and zoom the camera, and the back touch screen to aim your weapons!

With Cross-Platform Continuation Play, players can carry on their PS3 save game progress on their PS Vita, or vice versa!

Worms Revolution Extreme is due for a Q3 2013 release and will be available for PS Vita via PSN. Keep watching the blog for more news from us!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...&utm_campaign=Feed:+PSBlog+(PlayStation.Blog)

Top Bottom