• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | June 2013 | Late Ports and Late Threads

Trigger

I lost interest in Uncharted after an hour. I never found the auto-platforming fun to watch. The "rubbings" were never enjoyable for me as well.

I found that I only enjoyed the shooting parts, and even those weren't as enjoyable for me as Unit 13

I can see how it could get boring after awhile. I'm just playing it a chapter or so a day. I'm fine with the rubbing and archaeology segments.

im pretty happy with how uncharted came out on vita. think its a solid and definitely worthy addition to the series.. the people who arent going to like it are the same people who won't like it on ps3.

the gryo-aiming is probably the best implementation of gyros yet, and is a serious improvement scoped aiming, at the least.

the worst part i thought was the "balancing to cross a log" segments... only got across them due to luck. never quite figured out how to hold the vita to shift the weight properly.

the QTE swiping was a bit tiresome and comes across as a meh feature ( i blame it on the fact that its a QTE though). but if you're going to do it i felt like swiping gets me more involved than pressing a corresponding button.

the rest of the touch features though stupid and annoying arent at all detracting or gamebreaking imo. they are just there and something you have to get through.

the auto-ness of the platforming definitely stood out though more-so than the console versions.

the game is purdy though.

overall UGA is a well made game no doubt. can't argue that ( though toto will and does), which people will like or not like depending if thats your type of game. personally i'm craving more.

Just want to mention that I am loving Hotline Miami on my Vita. I wasn't sure if the controls would work but they have left me pleasantly surprised. Probably the best $10 I have ever spent on the store. I never tried it on PC because honestly the game didn't look like something that would interest me but damn this game is addicting and at times frustratingly hard.

Good times!

Recommend me some PS1 Classics and PSP games for Vita

I just bought Final Fantasy IX, Tactic, and Valkyrie Profile. I've never finished these games.
I'm thinking of
  • Chrono Cross
  • Metal Slug XX or Anthology?
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3 or Max?
  • Persona 3 or Persona Golden (played 3 for awhile)

I just bought Final Fantasy IX, Tactic, and Valkyrie Profile. I've never finished these games.
I'm thinking of
  • Chrono Cross

what types of games you looking for?

Trigger

I'm thinking of
  • Chrono Cross

Golden is pretty great, but why haven't you beaten 3?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Total Recoil doesn't look bad at all. I kinda wish the character art had more personality / vibrancy, but the game looks like the rare thing that'll hit a Commando X General Chaos desire that is rarely served. Should go very well alongside Fieldrunners 2.

Indie JRPG Soul Saga added stretch-goal for ps3/vita version...

GET DONATING PEOPLE

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/disastercake/soul-saga-a-j-rpg-inspired-by-playstation-classics

There's not a PS3 goal is it? I just see PS4.

Total Recoil doesn't look bad at all. I kinda wish the character art had more personality / vibrancy, but the game looks like the rare thing that'll hit a Commando X General Chaos desire that is rarely served. Should go very well alongside Fieldrunners 2.

There's not a PS3 goal is it? I just see PS4.

my bad! force of habit. vitas where it matters anyway.

AwRy108

Just want to mention that I am loving Hotline Miami on my Vita. I wasn't sure if the controls would work but they have left me pleasantly surprised. Probably the best $10 I have ever spent on the store. I never tried it on PC because honestly the game didn't look like something that would interest me but damn this game is addicting and at times frustratingly hard.

Good times!

I'm in the same shoes: bought it on PC and barely played it; bought it on PSN, absolutely addicted to it. Game is SO GOOD on the Vita, and headphones are a must.

Myshkin

can the current vita hardware even support that tech? or would it only be viable for a relaunched vita 2.0?

Before the Vita came out they said it would be capable of cards with over 1 TB.

...sadly, the 64GB card doesn't deal with the 100 icon limit.

I can't see buying one until that and the lack of proper folders are dealt with. (They need subfolders, the ability to have an empty folder, and a proper cut and paste mechanism so when you move stuff around it doesn't just fall inside of some folder. Really, they should just turn the home screen into something resembling File Manager.)

Before the Vita came out they said it would be capable of cards with over 1 TB.

I can't see buying one until that and the lack of proper folders are dealt with. (They need subfolders, the ability to have an empty folder, and a proper cut and paste mechanism so when you move stuff around it doesn't just fall inside of some folder. Really, they should just turn the home screen into something resembling File Manager.)

A terabyte?

That's like steam library size...

webkatt

one more dumb question,

How do I get PS One games on my Vita, For example I downloaded Odd World (and didn't install to my PS3). I connected my Vita and ran Content Manager, I looked under all the tabs and couldn't find Odd World.

mauaus

seeing all these HD remakes i wish we would get:

Breath of Fire V Dragon Quarter
Rogue Galaxy
Dark Cloud 1 and 2
Suikoden 3-5, yes even 4

off the top of my head... make it happen sony!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Tomodachi

I'm thinking of
  • Chrono Cross

Tactics Ogre on PSP if you like FFT.
Definitely Vagrant Story on PSOne.
Xenogears.
The first Parasite Eve.
Suikoden. I don't remember if the second (better) chapter is available on PSN, the first is however.

Benedict

Started playing OMG HD Zombies, but there are way to many irritating issues with the game to make it as good as the original, which I loved.
Loading times are hideous and unlogical for a single screen 2D game.
Touch control are unusable because of its inaccuracy so I use the buttons all the time.
For touch to work you should be able to zoom closer to the zombies.

Hope these issues are fixed soon.

Another big issue is the size of the game. Laughing Jackal are probably losing a lot of buyers because of this. Compress the art and don't listen to the artists behind the art.
It's not like it's especially good either, just passable for the "story".

But you should all buy the game anyway...

Tomodachi

The second one isn't yet and doesn't look like it is coming anytime soon. First one still very good though.
Yeah, I don't see Sony very interested in releasing more PSOne classics lately, they're really slow in their releases. It's a real pity, a lot of amazing games are missing.

EDIT: Sony and/or developers, I meant.

Started playing OMG HD Zombies, but there are way to many irritating issues with the game to make it as good as the original, which I loved.
Loading times are hideous and unlogical for a single screen 2D game.
Touch control are unusable because of its inaccuracy so I use the buttons all the time.
For touch to work you should be able to zoom closer to the zombies.

Hope these issues are fixed soon.

Another big issue is the size of the game. Laughing Jackal are probably losing a lot of buyers because of this. Compress the art and don't listen to the artists behind the art.
It's not like it's especially good either, just passable for the "story".

But you should all buy the game anyway...

you should PM your crit to the dude who hangs out here from Laughing Jackal. forgot his user name though.....

I played through about 85% of 3rd birthday and enjoyed what I played of the game. It's not as RPG driven as the others. Perhaps that's why people didn't like it. Fantastic with the use of the second analog

Hubb

Yeah, I don't see Sony very interested in releasing more PSOne classics lately, they're really slow in their releases. It's a real pity, a lot of amazing games are missing.

EDIT: Sony and/or developers, I meant.

I think (need to check on it) last I heard was it was a licensing problem with something. I don't think whoever holds the rights for it cares enough to overcome whatever the problem is and release it.

Akira_83

Banned
whens the last time a ps1 classic was released? still so many hundreds of awesome PS1 games and its like we get nothing

i think sony should commit to 1 new PS1 classic per week at minimum

id be happy with guaranteed 1 per week as long as it wasnt shovelware stuff like disney movie licensed games or razor scooter extreme

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

im seriously almost out of ps1 classics to play on my Vita

good stuff. really liked the videos in that game as well. story was pretty good from what I remember.

tactics ogre is a good game, but i really hate their leveling system and the gap of EXP gained from enemies 2 or 3 levels above you

Top Bottom