• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | June 2013 | Late Ports and Late Threads

DiscoJer

Less of a hassle than PSP was though, having to download a game each time to force the region change.

All you had to do on the PSP to change accounts was sign into Media Go, deactivate that account, then log into the new account on Media Go and reactivate.

A little annoying, but much easier than having to change accounts on the Vita.

antibolo

Banned
Less of a hassle than PSP was though, having to download a game each time to force the region change.

I change regions on my PSP using my PS3. It's fairly quick.

On the Vita I don't even bother. I have my tiny 4GB card assigned to my Japanese account but I don't even remember the last time I used it.

Novocaine

All you had to do on the PSP to change accounts was sign into Media Go, deactivate that account, then log into the new account on Media Go and reactivate.

A little annoying, but much easier than having to change accounts on the Vita.

Huh, I didn't know about that trick. In retrospect I wish I did.

Definitely not true. I change regions on my PSP using my PS3. It's fairly quick.

Never had a PS3 around the time I had a PSP sadly.

hmm, silly question.

I'm thinking on importing dj max and senran kagura, from japan, to have some fun with my vita on the vacations. That and maybe muramasa from USA later this month.

But my question is that i might import a japanese 32 gb memory card since i can get it by 66 euros which is only 10€ more than the 16gb card here.

Does the japanese memory card work fine in my european vita? xP

Why import DJ Max? it got a release here.

antibolo

Banned
DJMAX Technika Tune actually got a retail release in North America but it was a very very limited run. They probably go for a crazy amount of dough now.

If you're in Europe and don't want to play account switcheroo then you're probably better off with the retail release of either the Korean or Japanese versions. It's not like this game is text-heavy anyway, in fact I think it's all mostly in English in any region.

hmm, silly question.

I'm thinking on importing dj max and senran kagura, from japan, to have some fun with my vita on the vacations. That and maybe muramasa from USA later this month.

But my question is that i might import a japanese 32 gb memory card since i can get it by 66 euros which is only 10€ more than the 16gb card here.

Does the japanese memory card work fine in my european vita? xP

I'd just import DJMAX from NA, so you can get it fully in English. SK though you'll have to deal with JP, but it's not really text heavy at all. Also games/system are both region free so the only thing you'll miss out on is DLC if you get a game from another region and play it on a different PSN, like say a JP game on a EU PSN account.

Shoyz

That's why I buckled for importing my Vita copy! They made it pretty clear from their original Facebook rally that they were only interested in bringing over the PS3 version.
Which is a shame, because I have to imagine Vita will be the main platform for future games, so even if the series finds a place in the US it'll be after the long port delay, and long localization delay, just for the PS3 version.
But at least it's nice to see it finally coming over I guess? Well, apart from the unsureness of whether you should import the next game should it be Vita-exclusive for a time period again. Oh well.

(I guess this makes a good chance of getting that Miku Toro cross-over)

On the bright side they're getting a lot of Vita complaints in the comments, so pile them on!

Rasec

DJMAX Technika Tune actually got a retail release in North America but it was a very very limited run. They probably go for a crazy amount of dough now.

If you're in Europe and don't want to play account switcheroo then you're probably better off with the retail release of either the Korean or Japanese versions. It's not like this game is text-heavy anyway, in fact I think it's all mostly in English in any region.

Yes, that's what i'm planning to do. i can get the jp version cheaper than the prices of the NA version and with no risk on getting custom fees by importing.
Well, i played all the project divas games so i think i'm safe on dj max xD

At least it's what i thought and since you say it's not text-heavy i guess i'm safe.

I'd just import DJMAX from NA, so you can get it fully in English. SK though you'll have to deal with JP, but it's not really text heavy at all. Also games/system are both region free so the only thing you'll miss out on is DLC if you get a game from another region and play it on a different PSN, like say a JP game on a EU PSN account.

My only gripe with SK is really the heavy jp text, but i saw that there's already a faq on gamefaqs with the story translated.
i think i can play the story following the faq.
I liked the anime and saw alot of videos of the game and i miss a simple fighting game of kicking everything on site. xD

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
That's why I buckled for importing my Vita copy! They made it pretty clear from their original Facebook rally that they were only interested in bringing over the PS3 version.

Which is a shame, because I have to imagine Vita will be the main platform for future games, so even if the series finds a place in the US it'll be after the long port delay, and long localization delay, just for the PS3 version.

I honestly think SEGA will shift future games to 3DS or keep them on PS3.

But at least it's nice to see it finally coming over I guess? Well, apart from the unsureness of whether you should import the next game should it be Vita-exclusive for a time period again. Oh well

It's good that SEGA listened to its fans requests.

but it's bad because it also mean that Yakuza 5 localization for the west hope is completely dead (when even Miku get a western release but Yakuza 5 don't...then you know it is over)

but it's bad because it also mean that Yakuza 5 localization for the west hope is completely dead (when even Miku get a western release but Yakuza 5 don't...then you know it is over)
Oh come on here, you honestly don't realize that a large, text heavy game like Yakuza 5 is a far bigger investment in terms of translation and localization programming?

Copies have been on sale a couple of times on Playasia, $40 and free shipping.

Paskil

Tecknika Tune is still sold in physical copies directly through the Pentavision website. Don't import from somewhere else for an outrageous price.

http://www.technikatune.com/buy.php#!/~/product/category=0&id=15443293

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Oh come on here, you honestly don't realize that a large, text heavy game like Yakuza 5 is a far bigger investment in terms of translation and localization programming?

I think SEGA know that the fans still hurt because what happened to the series, after that awful abomination called Yakuza 4 damaging the great Yakuza name then Dead Souls destroyed it beyond repair in the west and turning fans offs and away from the series so SEGA wont bother again, these two awful games killed Yakuza.

DiscoJer

Did anyone mention this? Zrun, an endless runner game involving zombies. Sort of like Temple Run but with zombies.

http://beatshapers.com/zrun

zrun_screens_02_720p_1.jpg

Shai-Tan

Banned
So I finished Limbo. Early on I thought there was an interesting minimalist story but by the end it seemed empty. I like minimalism but what is present seems a little too incoherent. I couldn't decipher why the progression is what it is beyond it supporting the platforming, which I did enjoy, even the
industrial
sections. I looked up the story thinking I missed something and only found interpretive reaching which is unfortunate. Anyhow I can set that aside and appreciate the look, animations, sound, etc. I've played a lot of puzzle platformers and none of them conveyed mood like this.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Did anyone mention this? Zrun, an endless runner game involving zombies. Sort of like Temple Run but with zombies.

http://beatshapers.com/zrun

look as mindless as the other "endless running games" you get on iOS or PSM and don't require any skill what so ever (mostly the thing that kill these games for me), this genre is as fun as pressing the broken spacebar on your keyboard, not for me.

One of the devs actually posted about this a few pages back I think.

If they read this then I'd say this....

you sound like you are having a decent engine running on Vita with alright amount of zombie on the screen at once, now for the future if you make a wider levels with zombies that respawns infinitely and we can use cool weapons but also can controls the characters (instead of just going forward) and do crazy thing then you'll have my money.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I change regions on my PSP using my PS3. It's fairly quick.

On the Vita I don't even bother. I have my tiny 4GB card assigned to my Japanese account but I don't even remember the last time I used it.
This is a good idea, actually. I have a 16GB card which I recently switched to my JPN account... There's not much that catches my interest all at once, though, so maybe I'll get a cheap little 4GB one for that and go back to my main EU account. Then the only switcheroo will be like switching game cards for stuff bought on the JPN store. Easy peasy.

breakfuss

After getting it from the recent humble bundle, i sure hope Dear Esther gets a vita port. All dat indie brilliance on dat OLED. My year will be made. Indies 4 LIFE. <3

breakfuss

I should try... there are just so many JRPGs that I want.
PS Vita - Portable JRPG goodness on-the-go ahhhh.

(I just love the suspend button)

Not that it matters to me since I've all but completely moved on from the genre, but what jrpgs (besides p4g) are you fawning over?

wilflare

Not that it matters to me since I've all but completely moved on from the genre, but what jrpgs (besides p4g) are you fawning over?

everything/everyone.gif

I would want PSO2 localized though..

and maybe a Tales Of game..
new Suikoden, Dark Cloud :/

a vitamuffin can dream right

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
everything/everyone.gif

I would want PSO2 localized though..

and maybe a Tales Of game..
new Suikoden, Dark Cloud :/

a vitamuffin can dream right

unlucky you, SCEJ want MonHun clones, and it's the Sony devision that can bring them to the system (not SCEE).

Legend of Dragoon need to be a monhun clone to be on Vita, GT need to Monhun'd to be on Vita( 3 Nissan Skyline team,hunt and up to take dawn the evil Toyota Supra demons)

my hero

Japanese Action RPG are still good for the most part.

wilflare

I should really save my P4G game, quit and get on Toro.

(my 3DS XL is shutting off itself. grrr. maybe it's telling me to stick to my Vita)

unlucky you, SCEJ want MonHun clones, and it's the Sony devision that can bring them to the system (not SCEE).

Legend of Dragoon need to be a monhun clone to be on Vita, GT need to Monhun'd to be on Vita( 3 Nissan Skyline team,hunt and up to take dawn the evil Toyota Supra demons)

Yeah, fucking SCEJ. A new Patapon and new Locoroco should happen very soon.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So after no PESvita yesterday... no NBA 2K14 for Vita, and this year there will be no PSP version. :/

SCE San Diego Studio and SCE London Studio need to cover the lack of sport games on the system(London used to make really good football games)

Shoyz

I would be happy enough if there was TOKYO JUNGLE Vita

Remote Play! Which I guess won't work on the PS4, oddly enough.

I'm picturing a PS4 super bundle whrere the PS4 has PS3 guts in it for backwards compatibility while also allowing remote play of all PS3 games using the PS4's chip!
$999

But really, is that feasible? Would be cool.

IceBreak

Banned
Okay, so the /r/vita mods and I keep this list of upcoming North American releases for the Vita in hand here. I was wondering if folks could scour through and see if there's any inaccuracies or things missing and let me know. This includes if you see games listed that are not announced for NA or games listed that are PS Mobile or PSP games and not Vita games.

June 2013

June 18th, 2013
  • Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
  • Jak & Daxter HD Collection
June 25th, 2013
  • Muramasa Rebirth (Pre-order Details)
Sometime in June
  • Velocity Ultra
August 2013

August 6th, 2013
  • Dragon's Crown
Sometime in August
  • Real Boxing
September 2013

September 3rd, 2013
  • Atelier Meruru Plus
  • Rayman Legends
September 10th, 2013
  • Killzone: Mercenary
October 2013

October 22nd, 2013
  • Tearaway
October 25th, 2013 (Friday?)
  • Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

Unconfirmed Dates (but officially announced)
  • 1001 Spikes
  • Atomic Ninjas
  • The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
  • Bit.Trip Runner 2
  • CastleStorm
  • CloudBerry Kingdom
  • Counterspy
  • Deathmatch Village [Cross-Buy, Cross-Play]
  • Death Ray Manta
  • Divekick
  • Doki-Doki Universe [Free]
  • Dragon Fantasy: Book II [Cross-Buy]
  • DYING : Sinner Escape
  • Farming Simulator
  • Fieldrunners 2
  • Final Fantasy X HD
  • Final Fantasy X-2 HD
  • Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims in HD
  • Flower
  • Frozen Synapse: Tactics
  • Gunslugs
  • The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character
  • History's Legends of War: Patton
  • Hohokum
  • Hotline Miami [Cross-Buy]
  • Invizimals: The Alliance
  • Kick Beat
  • Kung Fu Rabbit
  • LEGO Legends of Chima
  • LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
  • Let's Learn Japanese: Deluxe
  • Lone Survivor
  • Luftrausers
  • Malicious Rebirth
  • Metrico
  • MotoGP 13
  • Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee New and Tasty
  • Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
  • OlliOlli
  • OMG! HD Zombies
  • OPEN ME!
  • Orc Attack
  • Out There Somewhere
  • Picotto Knights
  • Putty Squad
  • Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
  • Rainbow Moon
  • Shoot Many Robots
  • Snapshot
  • Spelunky
  • Starlight Inception
  • Stealth Inc. – A Clone in the Dark! (formerly Stealth Bastard)
  • Stick It To The Man
  • Super Forget-Me-Not
  • Superfrog HD
  • Terraria
  • The Walking Dead
  • Toukiden
  • TxK
  • Valhalla Knights 3
  • Vektropolis
  • Worms (Untitled)
  • Ys: Memories of Celceta

Rumored to be in Development
  • Assassin's Creed: Rising Phoenix
  • Cave Story
  • FIFA 14
  • Gravity Rush 2
  • Hotline Miami (Sequel)
  • Lord of Apocalypse
  • Mahjong Royal Towers
  • Rainbow 6: Patriots
  • Rainbow Skies
  • Resident Evil Outbreak: Tall Oaks
  • Sly Cooper HD Collection
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2
  • ZRun (Possibly PS Mobile?)

Possibly Cancelled
  • BioShock PS Vita
  • Dragon’s Racing
  • Warrior's Lair (formerly Ruin)
  • Zone of the Enders HD Collection

zulux21

Legend of Dragoon need to be a monhun clone to be on Vita,

you know what.... I'd be ok with a legend of dragoon sequel that replaced it's original combat system with more of a Monhun clone system but kept the dragoon transformations... sort of a white knight chronicles combat then, but actually you know.... done well lol.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Cave Story for Vita? Link?

Aktion

Neo Member
look as mindless as the other "endless running games" you get on iOS or PSM and don't require any skill what so ever (mostly the thing that kill these games for me), this genre is as fun as pressing the broken spacebar on your keyboard, not for me.

Trust me, this one will require too much skills. Its not a temple run or any endless runner.

Top Bottom