• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | November 2013 | Tearaway into a new world

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
But I don't want it.
Unless Sidescroller is in there... and then... well... maybe. :p
Oh, I suppose I can tweet them and ask for Sidescroller Vita/PC... ;)

But... but... PS4 has no games. ;)
Thank you for doing that. I don't care if all you want is goddamn Pixeljunk Racers on the Vita (which would be a dodgy experience at best btw), just say you want it. Otherwise, there's no demand. Supply needs demand.
https://twitter.com/dylancuthbert/status/396098414884028416

There's Pixeljunk Eden, Racers, Shooter 1&2, and Sidescroller to pick from. Not to mention Pixeljunk Inc is nowhere to be seen on consoles. And, maybe, just maybe, they could have the possibility of weaseling in Cross-Buy.

yella

Excellent thread; I especially like the addition of the PS+ games that will be free this month.

I made the suggestion in last month's thread, but we should really have a google doc with all the VitaGAF PSN IDs in it, especially since the Vita is getting the friend list limit increase later this month.

Novocaine

Booted up Motorstorm RC from the PS+ offerings and I like it. Getting big time Micro Machines nostalgia. Might pay to unlock all of the extras. Also need to check if it's cross save, it would be fun to play some local co-op on the PS3 with friends.

ZeroAKA

Excellent thread; I especially like the addition of the PS+ games that will be free this month.

I made the suggestion in last month's thread, but we should really have a google doc with all the VitaGAF PSN IDs in it, especially since the Vita is getting the friend list limit increase later this month.
I'm pretty sure the VitaGAF friend list has been made multiple times already, the latest being the one that Aytrial made a month or two back (which I keep forgetting to fill out).

Has the 2000 friend limit been confirmed for Vita yet? Knowing how slow Sony is with things, I wouldn't be surprised if that limit is reserved only for PS4 owners.

Aytrial

One exists, I've just gotten lazy and don't post it often. :p

Quote the post to see it hidden in email tags.

If the Batman game on Vita is anything like the part in Arkham Origins where *side stuff spoilers*
you confront the Mad Hatter and it's 2D most of the time
then I never want to play it.

True. I HATED your charm!!
Shots fired.
dang it

I'm pretty sure the VitaGAF friend list has been made multiple times already, the latest being the one that Aytrial made a month or two back (which I keep forgetting to fill out).
of course he made one, having to be the center of attention and all

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Has the 2000 friend limit been confirmed for Vita yet? Knowing how slow Sony is with things, I wouldn't be surprised if that limit is reserved only for PS4 owners.

Yeah, Vita gets the friends boost as well, it will just only show 100 online friends at a time though.

Either everyone online that is online up to 100 people. Or if over 100 people are online, then just the first 100 from A-Z.

ZeroAKA

of course he made one, having to be the center of attention and all
Now you just sound bitter.
You two make such an adorable couple.

Yeah, Vita gets the friends boost as well, it will just only show 100 online friends at a time though.

Either everyone online that is online up to 100 people. Or if over 100 people are online, then just the first 100 from A-Z.
That sounds like such a Sony thing to do. Hopefully the Friends app gets updated in a future firmware update then.

Milly79

Out of Chrono Cross, Xenoblade and FFVIII, which is the shortest? I never beat CC or FF back in the day. I remember FF being a bit complicated with the junctoning? When I was younger. Never even played Xeno.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Out of Chrono Cross, Xenoblade and FFVIII, which is the shortest? I never beat CC or FF back in the day. I remember FF being a bit complicated with the junctoning? When I was younger. Never even played Xeno.
Xenogears is definitely the longest

And the best

HBroward

Just play Xenogears and thank me later. And grats on your Vita, such a nice little system.

Nice to see the new thread, this month will be very interesting for the console.

After getting the platinum in Lego: Lords of the Ring, I am going now to try to get the 100% on Knytt Underground, for now I am happy I got the Falu Kohe and the Secret Forest trophies in the first run, what a pain was, it took me days trying and trying to advance, each room I reached felt like an achievement.

I'm very much excited for Ys and Tearaway, though I'm worried other releases might keep me from sinking as much time as I'd like into those two this year. :(

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
PS4 I guess.

Oh right, thought it was some nifty new update for Vita/PS3 so far.
Man, I really hope they don't leave us in the dust with PS4 and give us some more remote play/backwards compatible titles. Or even better, make PS2 Classics playable on Vita. What I wouldn't give for God Hand, Odin Sphere or Deus Ex on the move...

Man, you guys. I'm going to do such exhaustive testing of Remote Play for you all that won't have the PS4 on the 15th.

Please do! Looking forward to seeing how it all works out of the box.

Does the PS+ Soul Sacrifice still require an online pass for you to play MP?

Online pass will be included, as it always has for any PS+ game that requires one (to my knowledge at least).

As far as I know, in the long time I've been a PS+ member, a game added to the IGC has *never* been without it's online pass.

killatopak

Gold Member
Given that it is the digital version, the online pass is already included/not required.

At least, I would think so.

Hmmm... ok thanks. Just got my Vita last week with a SS but has no online pass so I was contemplating if I should get PS+ this month or on December.

Online pass will be included, as it always has for any PS+ game that requires one (to my knowledge at least).

As far as I know, in the long time I've been a PS+ member, a game added to the IGC has *never* been without it's online pass.

Thanks. :)

Man, I really hope they don't leave us in the dust with PS4 and give us some more remote play/backwards compatible titles. Or even better, make PS2 Classics playable on Vita. What I wouldn't give for God Hand, Odin Sphere or Deus Ex on the move...

This will be a dream come true for me, since I never had a PS2, I finally could play Rule of Rose and Haunting Ground.

Hmmm... ok thanks. Just got my Vita last week with a SS but has no online pass so I was contemplating if I should get PS+ this month or on December.

Thanks. :)

You should already have PS+.
Getting it now will ensure that you get Uncharted/Gravity Rush/WipEout 2048 before they're cycled out (community is predicting around late November), but will ensure you get the games from October (Sine Mora/Hotline Miami, both of which are amazing) and more!

killatopak

Gold Member
You should already have PS+.
Getting it now will ensure that you get Uncharted/Gravity Rush/WipEout 2048 before they're cycled out (community is predicting around late November), but will ensure you get the games from October (Sine Mora/Hotline Miami, both of which are amazing) and more!

So Uncharted/Gravity Rush/WipEout 2048 are yearly free games? That is actually an incentive for me to buy PS+. Also October plus games hasn't expired yet? Alright I'll try to buy PS+ as soon as possible.

Yay for Guacamelee finally getting GotM.

I really want ALL the Pixeljunk games and Bit.Trip games on Vita. So, I tweeted the honchos. I even got a response.

Check out @dylancuthbert's Tweet: https://twitter.com/dylancuthbert/status/396098414884028416

I don't know what I'm doing but backup would be nice ;). The fastest way to make it happen, is letting them know we want it.

tweeted into the convo... if they did go the kickstarter route, no lie I would probably drop a benjamin if there was a pledge tier for a boxed, physical game card version of Shooter 1/2/Sidescroller as a trilogy.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
So Uncharted/Gravity Rush/WipEout 2048 are yearly free games? That is actually an incentive for me to buy PS+. Also October plus games hasn't expired yet? Alright I'll try to buy PS+ as soon as possible.
Find a 1 month code if you can to ride out November. Amazon and GS are going to have 12 month PS+ subscriptions for $30 on black friday

Going to stock up on a few years worth at that time

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
To the top 10... or perhaps the top 5...

Clipboard01.jpg

Have you got no life? Hahaha.

Sony should give you folks a voucher or something like that :p

Ooo new thread! Getting Proteus and Puppeteer, hope Im not disappointed by any of those two. Also, Tearaway time in 3 weeks :D Btw, happy bout SS being on PS+, lost my copy a month ago at work.

co1onel

I'm really looking forward to Tearaway. Not sure If I'm actually going to buy it this month though, there's so many things to buy.

JPN
Nihon Pro Mahjong Renmei Kounin: Motto 20-Bai! Mahjong ga Kyou Kunaru Houhou - Hatsu Chuukyuusha Hen
Nihon Pro Mahjong Renmei Kounin: Tokoton Mahjong! Joryuu Pro ni Chousen

Kinda interested in these just because it's the first time Naxat Soft has made a game in like 12 years. Coming back out of nowhere to make a mahjong game for Vita. This'll probably kill them again, but hey!

Omerta

After playing Killzone for just over an hour on a flight and then presenting a fucked up claw instead of a hand to a hostess who was passing me a drink, I decided to get a vita grip.

It just arrived in the post... No brand name, just the cheap one that you've probably all looked at on eBay. I snapped the vita into it and the thing just melted into my hands. Perfect.

I also bought Proteus after reading some reviews and opinions... I think it might just pose the perfect ying to Killzone's yang.

Top Bottom