• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | November 2013 | Tearaway into a new world

Vashetti

Banned
Hellooo VitaBros.

I am getting a Vita for Christmas and wanted some advice on physical/digital.

How big of a memory card am I going to need? I want to fill it with at least Final Fantasy I to IX.

Games like Tearaway I want a physical copy of because I think the artwork is lovely.

Obviously I'm a Plus member so have dozens of Vita games already ready to go.

Tizoc

Hellooo VitaBros.

How big of a memory card am I going to need? I want to fill it with at least Final Fantasy I to IX.

Games like Tearaway I want a physical copy of because I think the artwork is lovely.

Are us or eu ps plus?
If us well with ur ff and plus games 32 gb is good but 64 is best. Ordering it would go for around $150 but the siZe will b worth it.

Rixa

Hellooo VitaBros.

Grab atleast 32Gb if you cant get (import) 64gb.

I have 4Gb & 16Gb and next step will be getting 32Gb or importing 64gb...
With PS+ (eu) you have tons of stuff to DL.

Bigger the better.

Vashetti

Banned
Are us or eu ps plus?
If us well with ur ff and plus games 32 gb is good but 64 is best. Ordering it would go for around $150 but the siZe will b worth it.

Grab atleast 32Gb if you cant get (import) 64gb.

I have 4Gb & 16Gb and next step will be getting 32Gb or importing 64gb...
With PS+ (eu) you have tons of stuff to DL.

Bigger the better.

Cheers guys, I'm in the UK so on EU Plus.

I'll go for the 32GB but will try and import 64GB if the price is somewhat reasonable.

Velcro Fly

Dang Injustice coming out this month too. Sorta interested in that. Also interested in Ys but never played any other games in the series.

RalchAC

Following the SCEA tradition of giving out everything I already bought in a sale at some point, I fully expect LBP Vita, PASBR, and Hot Shots Golf or Unit 13 to be the IGC titles.

Wonder if Drinkbox is going to give us the additional freebie of Guacamelee as well, like they did for EU/SCEE?

Unit 13 was already a EU freebie, so I think it'll be used as a month game, not a yearly one. But I may be wrong :)

Hmmm... ok thanks. Just got my Vita last week with a SS but has no online pass so I was contemplating if I should get PS+ this month or on December.

Thanks. :)

Try to trade it in GameStop and buy a PS+ card. It won't be expensive.

To the top 10... or perhaps the top 5...

Clipboard01.jpg

Have you got no life? Hahaha.

Sony should give you folks a voucher or something like that :p

Yes please. A voucher is always cool.

And about the life... I don't know. My mum says I'm normal... It's just that my mornings in the university are boring and I kinda like this place.

Hellooo VitaBros.

It depends. If you don't care about money, you can buy a 32gb / import a 64gb one from Japan. If you don't have 60$/€ or more to spend, a 16gb card is enough. I have my Vita for 3 months or so and I'm managing pretty well with it. I'll probably buy a bigger one in Christmas though.

Lamptramp

I'll go for the 32GB but will try and import 64GB if the price is somewhat reasonable.

I'd definitely recommend the 32GB too. I had a cursory glance about trying to import the larger one but for the faff and price figured it wasn't worth it (for now).

I'm a lot more excited for tearaway that I thought I would be too, I'm mighty tempted to grab the jukebox pre-order.

wouwie

Finally, november is the month where my vita wakes up from the dead with Tearaway. I can't wait for this game.

SteveWD40

Right, so I have decided to join VitaBros and pick one up in short order. Question:

since Sony are being dicks and not announcing the 2000 for the west, where is a good place to import one to the UK along with the 64gb stick? I assume it's simply a case of setting the language to English and then set up a PSN account?

What kind of warranty do importers get if any?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yes please. A voucher is always cool.

And about the life... I don't know. My mum says I'm normal... It's just that my mornings in the university are boring and I kinda like this place.

You, Takao, and Totobeni should work together to topple corrosivefrost! It's kind of awe-inspiring to see him with more than 400 posts alone while others are still in the 100 mark, hahahaha.

Novocaine

Right, so I have decided to join VitaBros and pick one up in short order. Question:

since Sony are being dicks and not announcing the 2000 for the west, where is a good place to import one to the UK along with the 64gb stick? I assume it's simply a case of setting the language to English and then set up a PSN account?

There are probably cheaper places, but Play-Asia is always reliable, and they pack and ship the stuff really well.

Gong

Thanks OP for the thread, subscribed. I'm a total Vita convert now, I LOVE mine so very much :) Tearaway for me this month, pre-ordered that jukebox digital version the other day, cannot wait!

nampad

Thanks for the new thread Aytrial, Monosukoi, cyborg009
and The Grim Heaper.
All hail the new Vita thread overlords!

Damn, frost on beast mode again ;)

mejin

Didn't know Ys was confirmed this month....now that's a great news.

Also Tearaway and possibly Injustice.

SteveWD40

There are probably cheaper places, but Play-Asia is always reliable, and they pack and ship the stuff really well.

Actually that's a good shout, they do a bundle with the 64gb card for £212...not bad.

Thanks!

Edit: 6 month warranty as well, that's enough to know if it's a duff, cool.

CatPee

Slightly sour that Soul Sacrifice is going to PS+ considering that I dropped $40 on it only to end up getting sucked in all over again by P4G.

Now I'm slightly afraid the same will happen with Ys. >_>

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I really hope we get a stealth Vita TV announcement by the end of the month. I considered importing but the circle and x changes would probably annoy the heck out of me.

Marc

Is a simple process really:

-Access PS store
-Locate Fifa 14
-Pay $39.99
-Install
-Delete Fifa football

Voila! is the same game but with updated rosters now!
And yes EA sucks.

Damn, thought as much.

Got me again EA, got me again.

Only 3 quid though so I will live with it, edited my team (went with Liverpool), barely notice the opposition in FIFA games anyway. They all play the same pretty much.

Need to polish off Persona 4 but requires effort and currently dedicated to Batman Origins on PS3.

Tsunamo

November's going to be a great month, one game for each of my platforms I use regularly now in the period of a week or two.

Also yay, new thread!

Someone in the oct thread posted thry got a 64 card from hong kong to the us for only 95.99 - the s+ h was free. From yesasia.com or something ( not to be confused with playasia)

So US is getting Soul Sacrifice instead of MotorStorm RC? Wow, color me jealous, especially since I already had MRC from the Vita pack and Soul Sacrifice is probably the game that I don't own yet that I most want. US bros got the better deal this month. :)

Hoping SS will hit EU PS+ IGC soon.

BTW, what became of the Guacamelee IGC leak/messup/whatever? Just quietly dropped?

RalchAC

You, Takao, and Totobeni should work together to topple corrosivefrost! It's kind of awe-inspiring to see him with more than 400 posts alone while others are still in the 100 mark, hahahaha.

You want the three of us using the same account? It'll be weird if we autodiscuss our previous comment xD

But I don't know how you can make 400+ comments in the thread. 1/10 comments are theirs. @Frost, how much do you sleep? xD

Gamespawn

Someone in the oct thread posted thry got a 64 card from hong kong to the us for only 95.99 - the s+ h was free. From yesasia.com or something ( not to be confused with playasia)

Yeah, it was me. They wrapped the shit out of it. I have never seen so much bubble wrap in my life. But they had to because of how far it would be traveling. Not even a bend in the cardboard. Am impressed.

Omlagus

Yes! New Thread! Cannot wait for Tearaway. Been looking forward to that for a while.

Hoping to put Remote Play through it's paces too. Going to be a good month.

marrec

Banned
Tearaway and Ys this month? Two retail games... to go digital or physical...?

Any cool packins with either Physical release?

Tizoc

Word of warning, the PAL PSX FF games run really slow since they were not optimized for 50 Hz.
There are some 60 Hz PSX games on EU PSN, but you may need to ask around for that.
As is however, I would advise against playing the PSX FF games on EU PSN, but if you can deal with the slowness, then go for it I guess.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Good work with the thread :) but i'm not sure we'll see ys this month :\

Clipboard01.jpg

Man corrosivefrost is just on another level lol.

From the other thread
What's Valhalla Knights 3 like? Any good?
I'm probably the only one who bought the game so i'll answer.

It's commonly described as a single player mmorpg, i don't know if true because i have never played mmorpgs.

You have 7 races(3 locked at the beginning) and lots of jobs/classes(7 unlocked at the beginning), each character can learn all teh jobs he wants but can have up to 3 classes at the same time, the main class affects stats, equipment and skills/magic, while the other two affects skills/magic(you can make a character that can use magic from mage and priest for example).
Each class has its own skill tree with 10 skills/magic + 1 big skill for those who learn all the other 10 skill of the class. There are also other 44 special skills not tied to any class.
There are lots of equipment, weapons, items etc, everything is visible on the character.

The world is made of connected maps and it's not big but it's semi-open, it works similar to a metroidvania map, it's open but many locations are locked, when you do some story quests or obtain certain keys you unlock new paths(and new weapons, equipments, quests etc). You always unlock new things.

The only town present is a prison castle where prisoners live , with the "lower slums" level that is the poor level where you can find cheap shops, the (red)"light district" where you can find expensive shops with hostesses and the naughty minigame, there are other levels that are locked at the beginning.

There are two types of enemies: monsters and clans(=party), monsters are in group and all visible on the map, clans instead are made of characters excatly like yours with their own races, classes, equipments, skills etc, only the leader is visible on the map, the other component appear when the fight begins.

The really weird thing is that enemies don't attack you even if you are close to them, only if you attack them the fight begins. It's really weird but it's really good at the same time because you don't waste time avoiding enemies or fighting battles you don't want.

Fights are fast and last less than a minute, side missions are generally easy instead boss fights are hard and you always need better equipment and lots of grind to level up.

Faults:
Graphics are ps2-level(but way better than people say), there are lots of loadings, during dialogues faces are not animated and body animations are generic, not specific to the dialogue.

Pro:
It has lots of equipments, weapons etc, it's fun and really addictive.

For those who still rely on reviews metacritic has 10 reviews with a 55 average score.
For those who rely more on gamers opinions on metacritic it has 7.3 based on 23 scores and on gamefaqs it has 7.9 based on 41 scores.

If you want more details read here, you will find all the answers you want:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/684063-valhalla-knights-3

TheChaos0

Oh Ys actually has a releas date? Nice.

Should put into the OP that in JP Vita TV is coming on the same day as God Eater 2. :)

bjork

So I think I'm a horrible vita owner. I got one in July with a copy of Hot Shots Golf, and since then I've only bought Baseball Stars Professional, Dungeon Explorer for TG-16, and Kenka Banchou when it was on sale. I just can't make myself pull the trigger on anything else. Why? I like the system itself a lot.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
oh man, can't wait for tearaway.

gonna play lots of SS, too.

wish that creepy psp game was coming to america :(

marrec

Banned
So I take it I'm the only one buying God Eater 2 in two weeks?

INFIDELS!

/me goes into the emo corner

I've NEVER gotten into the Hunter-style games even though I've really tried very hard a few different times.

I'll be giving GE2 a try when it comes to NA, but not a full price unless it's doing something so very different from GE1 that I simply can't afford to miss it.

Moobabe

So I think I'm a horrible vita owner. I got one in July with a copy of Hot Shots Golf, and since then I've only bought Baseball Stars Professional, Dungeon Explorer for TG-16, and Kenka Banchou when it was on sale. I just can't make myself pull the trigger on anything else. Why? I like the system itself a lot.

Don't worry man - every purchase helps! Maybe try some demos and see what takes your fancy? I'm sat on like £60 of PSN credit but can't pull the trigger on games either - I want Muramasa, Dragon's Crown and Persona 4 but the 2 formers don't have demos so...

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Don't worry man - every purchase helps! Maybe try some demos and see what takes your fancy? I'm sat on like £60 of PSN credit but can't pull the trigger on games either - I want Muramasa, Dragon's Crown and Persona 4 but the 2 formers don't have demos so...

P4G is the only correct answer. Remember to play on Easy!

Yasumi

Banned
So I take it I'm the only one buying God Eater 2 in two weeks?

INFIDELS!

/me goes into the emo corner
I would, but I'm already getting Akiba's Trip 2, Madoka limited edition, and probably a second Vita for all of that JP DLC. GE2's also pretty likely to be localized, with D3 Publisher bringing out the new EDF. Probably just not for a while.

Vashetti

Banned
Word of warning, the PAL PSX FF games run really slow since they were not optimized for 50 Hz.
There are some 60 Hz PSX games on EU PSN, but you may need to ask around for that.
As is however, I would advise against playing the PSX FF games on EU PSN, but if you can deal with the slowness, then go for it I guess.

Yeah I know all about the PAL FF games, thanks.

Sadly they were all bought on my EU account and that's what I'll be using on my Vita.

I wish Sony/Square Enix would go ahead and update them to their 60Hz equivalents, it wouldn't hurt anybody.

----------

Also:

Sony PS Vita Wi-Fi & 3G Console + 8gb Memory Card w/10 Games Download Voucher + PS Plus 30 Day Trial + FIFA Football Download - £139.99 @ Play.com

I caved. One day only. Go go go!

This is a huge month, so I finally picked up a Vita. Tearaway looks absolutely amazing, and Ys is essential.

Within the first 10 minutes of use, the system locked up when exiting the download list menu, requiring me to look up how to hard reset the Vita. Then I accidentally dropped it from standing height onto a hardwood floor. A bumpy start.

I have to admit, Killzone Mercenary is pretty damn great.

Yeah I know all about the PAL FF games, thanks.

Sadly they were all bought on my EU account and that's what I'll be using on my Vita.

I wish Sony/Square Enix would go ahead and update them to their 60Hz equivalents, it wouldn't hurt anybody.

----------

Also:

Sony PS Vita Wi-Fi & 3G Console + 8gb Memory Card w/10 Games Download Voucher + PS Plus 30 Day Trial + FIFA Football Download - £139.99 @ Play.com

I caved. One day only. Go go go!

I feel like that should be a new PSA thread.

This is a huge month, so I finally picked up a Vita. Tearaway looks absolutely amazing, and Ys is essential.

Within the first 10 minutes of use, the system locked up when exiting the download list menu, requiring me to look up how to hard reset the Vita. Then I accidentally dropped it from standing height onto a hardwood floor. A bumpy start.

I have to admit, Killzone Mercenary is pretty damn great.

sounds rough but dont worry - the vitas a beast. it can withstand drops!

whats wrong with you dude?! - theres ton's of great content out now....do you at least have ps+ and maybe not buying games but getting free ones?

Top Bottom