• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Store Classics (PSP/PS1/Minis/TG-16) - The US definitive list

obama-toast.jpg

Well done my fellow GAFfer.

BTW back when the PSN Servers glitched, the psx R-type games could be downloaded on Vita.

Yea I managed to snag Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain. My favorite game on the Vita and the best way to play it with the ability to remap the movement to analog and having suspend/resume.

I would buy Class of Heroes 2, but it doesn't show up on PSN on my Vita TV.

Could I buy it from the website and download it from the download list?

18-Volt

Phantasy Star Portable 2 isn't on PSN anymore.

Phantasy Star Portable 1 isn't on the PSN either. Thank god I still can download them on PSP (not Vita).

What's going on with Sega and Phantasy Star games in west? We still haven't got PSO2 despite we got an announcement from Sega.

Takao

Banned
Phantasy Star Portable 1 isn't on the PSN either. Thank god I still can download them on PSP (not Vita).

What's going on with Sega and Phantasy Star games in west? We still haven't got PSO2 despite we got an announcement from Sega.

The first Phantasy Star Portable was never uploaded to PSN. The second got removed due to licenses expiring.

I can't tell you what's up with Nova and Online 2 because I don't know.

According to the list it works but it's not listed in the store. Very confusing. I imagine their store is held up by threads.

Class of Heroes 2 works on Vita, but it apparently doesn't work on PSTV. That makes literally 0 sense, but hey, that's SCEA for you.

The first Phantasy Star Portable was never uploaded to PSN. The second got removed due to licenses expiring.

Class of Heroes 2 works on Vita, but it apparently doesn't work on PSTV. That makes literally 0 sense, but hey, that's SCEA for you.

Wow. Just wow.
Oh well, I'll save my money.

MrDaravon

I wish there was a similar listing for PSTV compatibility since that's what we have. It gets even weirder with that since there are regional differences with some games working in some regions but not others. At some point down the line we'll get an actual Vita so it doesn't really stop me from picking up cheap games on sale or anything, but it is very annoying.

Takao

Banned
Well it's in the golden week sale which is why I was wondering

Yeah, questions about compatibility always crop up during sales weeks. I believe this is the first time CoH2 is on sale, so like I said, it might be worth picking up and waiting on it working.

It's kind of mind blowing that PSTV's compatibility list for PSP and PSone software is any different than Vita's. It's the same machine and outside of some accessory required games, there's nothing a PSP and PSone can do that a PSTV can't.

randomkid

Yeah, questions about compatibility always crop up during sales weeks. I believe this is the first time CoH2 is on sale, so like I said, it might be worth picking up and waiting on it working.

It's kind of mind blowing that PSTV's compatibility list for PSP and PSone software is any different than Vita's. It's the same machine and outside of some accessory required games, there's nothing a PSP and PSone can do that a PSTV can't.

It's pretty bizarro. I guess if you look at the CAG list and things I checked myself, as far as I can tell, this is the list of US PSP games that work on Vita but not Vita TV, even if you transfer from PS3:

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
Pinball Heroes
Rock Band Unplugged Lite
Worms: Battle Islands
Sega Genesis Collection
Gurumin
Def Jam: Fight for NY
Class of Heroes 2

But there are probably many missing, and I have no clue what the PSX games are.

Its really annoying. Half my game library is unplayable.

18-Volt

I don't understand. How could a license expire when the original publisher Sega still holds the rights of the title? Is it because of the music or copyrighted art or something?

Takao

Banned
I don't understand. How could a license expire when the original publisher Sega still holds the rights of the title? Is it because of the music or copyrighted art or something?

There's crossover content in the PSPortable games that Sega doesn't own.

Takao

Banned
- Class of Heroes 2 now shows up in Search and the Classics section.
- Riveira: The Promised Land and Yggdra Union have returned to the Store. You can find them through Search and the Classics section.
- The individual Star Wars games can now be found through Search, though they're not in the Classics section.

dh4niel

I think it's about time I made a US PSN account. Is there anything I should know before doing that? I can use a VPN to get on the US webstore.

I just got a Vita only days ago. Whats the deal with half of my classics from my old PS3 not being available for download on my Vita? I want to play Dark Forces and Crash 3 dammit!

I love this handheld though. It bums me out that something this cool gets no attention really :/

But why no Spyro and Crash?

Tizoc

You may add The misadventures of Tron Bonne to the list. Found it in my Vita DL list and it is dling as I type <3

Takao

Banned
You may add The misadventures of Tron Bonne to the list. Found it in my Vita DL list and it is dling as I type <3

It doesn't show up in the New Releases section or through the Classics folder, but you can buy it directly on the Vita store through Search.

Shinriji

Returned to the vita store:

- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Manhunt 2
- The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest

Removed from the vita store:

- Mimana Iyar Chronicle
- Namco Museum Vol. 1
- Namco Museum Vol. 2
- Namco Museum Vol. 3
- Numblast

Want to read something even stranger? Back around 2013 the Mexican Vita store didn't have a search button. And there was no PSN webstore either. Castlevania: SOTN was Vita compatible. But you had to search for it. Thus, for a Mexican PSN user with no PS3, getting the game was impossible. Or was it? By befriending someone whose recent activity included playing SOTN you could touch on their feed and it would take you to the SOTN shop page where you could buy the game.

The most ass-backwards way to but a game ever.

What the actual fuck sony

Takao

Banned
It doesn't show up in the New Releases section or through the Classics folder, but you can buy it directly on the Vita store through Search.

This was changed on Tuesday. It's available under New Releases and in the Classics folder.

Returned to the vita store:

- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Manhunt 2
- The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest

Removed from the vita store:

- Mimana Iyar Chronicle
- Namco Museum Vol. 1
- Namco Museum Vol. 2
- Namco Museum Vol. 3
- Numblast

Have any idea on when the latter were removed?

Question: Your list says Silent Hill: Shattered Memories does successfully transfer via the PS3. But this contradicts older lists and the Wikipedia article for the game.

Are you sure Shattered Memories transfers? What is your source? Because I would very much want to buy it, but obviously wouldn't be able to play it if it doesn't transfer to Vita.

Edit: CAG apparently lists it transferable as well. I thought they did not, but I was mistaken. Which means it probably works.

Takao

Banned
Question: Your list says Silent Hill: Homecoming does successfully transfer via the PS3. But this contradicts older lists and the Wikipedia article for the game.

Are you sure Homecoming transfers? What is your source? Because I would very much want to buy it, but obviously wouldn't be able to play it if it doesn't transfer to Vita.

Edit: CAG apparently lists it transferable as well. I thought they did not, but I was mistaken. Which means it probably works.

Don't try to transfer Silent Hill: Homecoming to Vita. It won't work, it's a PS3 game. ;p

0rigins and Shattered Memories supposedly work via transfer in NA, though.

Don't try to transfer Silent Hill: Homecoming to Vita. It won't work, it's a PS3 game. ;p

0rigins and Shattered Memories supposedly work via transfer in NA, though.

I meant Shattered Memories! My mistake.

But I have returned to say... It doesn't even appear on PSN. It must only be in EU, it's not available to buy digitally in NA.

Takao

Banned

sn00zer

I feel like really helpful threads like these or research threads should be archived rather than whatever stupid shit is in archive

Different regions means different branches with different contracts.

Really weird. It looks like it got removed last fall with no reason given.

Very disappointing! I was really looking forward to that one. At least I helped clarify the list.

I feel like really helpful threads like these or research threads should be archived rather than whatever stupid shit is in archive

I agree. There really should be a whole archive for "resource" threads.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Silent Hill Shattered Memories should be moved to delisted games.

EDIT: badly beaten

Shinriji

REMOVED FROM STORE

Assassin&#8217;s Creed: Bloodlines
Dante&#8217;s Inferno
Mega Man X4
Mega Man X5
Prehistoric Isle
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
The 3rd Birthday
Worms: Battle Islands

NOW COMPATIBLE