• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Store Classics (PSP/PS1/Minis/TG-16) - The US definitive list

Tizoc

Effin' hell Sonty, if you can't keep the dang Vita Store working right, may as well just let us access the download list instead =_=

The vita store is truly a mess. But the strange thing is that the PSP store is totally up to date, with new releases by date, etc. The same list of games than last week, etc.

It creates this fear that makes me think if I am even remotely interested in a Classic title, I should buy it now when it is available. At any point it feels like anything could go, without warning and without explanation.

And it's not like old titles become available again. If we lost some clutter, but suddenly got the Legacy of Kain games, I guess I would be placated. But always being afraid a game I want will become unavailable has pressured me to fill up a memory card.

Takao

Banned
It's genuinely a good idea to email the publisher of a game removed from the Vita store. The removals are never requested by the publisher, which makes me think it's carelessness on SCEA's part. I've noticed it usually happens to games that are on sale, which reinforces that idea.

Who can I email about Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver? It looks like there was a three-way publishing deal between Crystal Dynamics, Activision, and BMG (Rockstar)?

This feels futile already.

Garraboa

REMOVED FROM STORE

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

d6f.jpg

So it's more than 10 delisted titles already thanks to SCEA's carelesness.

Jesus christ. Get it together, SCEA. Can't be THAT much to ask.

khaaan

So if games have been removed from the store and I do currently have them on my Vita do I hold onto them for dear life and back it up?

Edit: I wonder if P3P was in the last Atlus sale.

REMOVED FROM STORE

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

Really. Almost makes me wished I bought the game earlier when it was on sale. What is the logic behind these delistings anyway.

Edit: Seeing all these PSP games being removed from the store makes me glad I bought digital version of my physical PSP games over the past few months.

Steel

Banned
So if games have been removed from the store and I do currently have them on my Vita do I hold onto them for dear life and back it up?

Edit: I wonder if P3P was in the last Atlus sale.

You can still download them off the download list. That being said, you can also just back it up on your computer.

Chun-Li

REMOVED FROM STORE

Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines
Dante’s Inferno
Mega Man X4
Mega Man X5
Prehistoric Isle
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
The 3rd Birthday
Worms: Battle Islands

NOW COMPATIBLE

Defenders of the mystic garden

Waaaaah. They removed Mega Man X4 and X5?

vareon

Okay, I just bought a Vita and now realized games can be removed or delisted on a whim? I plan to buy some classics later on :/

I see the "removed from store" means I can buy it through PC, but are there many delisted games?

Shinriji

Okay, I just bought a Vita and now realized games can be removed or delisted on a whim? I plan to buy some classics later on :/

I see the "removed from store" means I can buy it through PC, but are there many delisted games?

"Removed from store" means a game that was already there, but for some (stupid) reason they removed the link from the Vita Store. You still can buy it normally from the PC store (or PS3), and download the game from the vita download list.

Delisted is games that are gone and won't come back.

vareon

"Removed from store" means a game that was already there, but for some (stupid) reason they removed the link from the Vita Store. You still can buy it normally from the PC store (or PS3), and download the game from the vita download list.

I get that from the posts above, but what I want to actually ask is whether or not there are many delisted games, because "removed from store" is still fine, for now.

Agent X

Why are they removing games only from the PS Store on Vita, while still keeping them listed in the PS Store on other platforms? I doubt it has to do with licensing, since the games can be downloaded from the Vita download list.

Shinriji

REMOVED FROM STORE

- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

RETURNED TO STORE

- New Adventure Island
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
- Ys: The Oath in Felghana

AEREC

So Final Fantasy III (PSP) isn't on the Vita store anymore...anyone know if it's transferable from the PS3?

Nightbird

Even though this is for the US, I think this is a good place to ask since this been bothering me for a while:

Why was Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep never available for the Vita trough PSP Classics? I mean, thats basically Money that SE is leaving on the Table right?

Tizoc

Even though this is for the US, I think this is a good place to ask since this been bothering me for a while:

Why was Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep never available for the Vita trough PSP Classics? I mean, thats basically Money that SE is leaving on the Table right?

Music licensing IIRC. Besides BBS is available via the HD collection.

Can be downloaded via PS3:

Sega Genesis Collection
The King of Fighters Collection

Wait, seriously? I had given up hope of getting KoF '98 & Phantasy Star II on this thing. Thank you!

EDIT: But this version of the Sega Collection doesn't have Phantasy Star I on it, agh, why!?

Shinriji

NOW COMPATIBLE

- Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures

RETURNED TO STORE

- Pool Hall Pro
- Sweet Fuse: At your side

REMOVED FROM STORE

- Final Fantasy III
- Jikandia: The Timeless Land
- Knights in the Nightmare
- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Impact
- Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny
- Streekix: Freestyle
- Tom Clancy’s EndWar
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Essentials

DELISTED

- NBA 2K12
- WTF: Work Time Fun

Shinriji

NEW GAMES

- Crossroad Crisis
- Puzzle: Star Sweep
- Racing
- Shooter Star Sanvein
- Shooter Space Shot
- Tecmo Deception
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC

RETURNED TO STORE

- Tom Clancy’s EndWar
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Essentials

REMOVED FROM STORE

- Bermuda Triangle
- Canabalt
- Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter
- Guerrila Wars

DELISTED

- Age of Zombies
- Despicable Me: The Game
- Gods Eater Burst
- Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

Shinriji

NEW GAMES

- Breath of Fire 3
- Me and My Katamari
- Mega Man Legends 2
- Summon Night 5

RETURNED TO STORE

- GTA: Liberty City Stories (New Version)
- Knights in the Nightmare
- Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max

Shinriji

DELISTED

- WWE All Stars
- WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2009
- WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2010
- WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2011

RETURNED TO STORE

- Mega Man X4
- Mega Man X5
- Namco Museum Vol. 1