• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSX compatibility list (Bad, SCEA! Bad!)

Sony needs to exit the business world. They don't know how to design a product, release it, market it, support it or do anything with it really. The whole everything surrounding the Vita has been bungled in such an incompetent way.

I loved my PSP but I am not going anywhere near a vita with how Sony is handling this product.

The Vita is designed really well, it just isn't marketed or handled that well by SCEA in the slightest.

It's a shame, as it's one of my favorite handhelds on the hardware side.

Glix

This is asinine and has no place in this thread.

Hold down the Vita touch screen like in PSP compatibility mode.

And you can remap buttons. Contrary to what was originally discussed.

You cant put the controller in digital mode and assign functions to the analog, which is what i think people want

Dwayne

OMG Bishi Bashi Special!

Updating as soon as I get home. Hopefully New Zealand is in the same boat as Europe!

We are!

But!
That game wasn't released in the NZ store region, so you're probably not going to get it unless you have a EU PSN account.

So is FFVII worth it for someone who's never really played FF?

Played FF8, enjoyed it but never finished it.

It was my favorite game ever back when it was released. Playing it again two years ago...It was still the best RPG I think I've played. Just wonderful atmosphere and story I thought. Battles are maybe a bit simplistic, but the customization system is cool and the battles are pretty fast. Amazing music as well. Maybe I'm blinded a bit by nostalgia, but I adore it.

ari

Banned
nxkih3.jpg.gif
Why is this gif so perfect?? Lol

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
This is such bullshit. I don't have a PS3. Why am I being fucked, SCEA?

NZNova

It was my favorite game ever back when it was released. Playing it again two years ago...It was still the best RPG I think I've played. Just wonderful atmosphere and story I thought. Battles are maybe a bit simplistic, but the customization system is cool and the battles are pretty fast. Amazing music as well. Maybe I'm blinded a bit by nostalgia, but I adore it.

FFVII was a JRPG battle system I could get into. Simple. The biggest problem I have with modern JRPGs is the needlessly complex battle systems they all seem to have.

ari

Banned
I swear to god I was about to double dip before this news.. Wow, Sony just don't get it.

EDIT: you can use the ps3 to put PSone games on the vita?

gondwana

Guess that decides my 3DS purchase then. Good work Sony - I really wanted to want a Vita, too. :(
drip fed virtual console releases or drip fed games we already "own"... truly, only apple can save us americans from the handheld gaming ghetto

hope someone writes a jpn compatibility list. xi and xi jumbo gotta work!gotta!

JaseMath

So...wait. If I already own it on my PS3, I can play it on Vita if I transfer it? Does that mean Chrono Cross and Xenogears are fair game? I'm so confused. o_O

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So...wait. If I already own it on my PS3, I can play it on Vita if I transfer it? Does that mean Chrono Cross and Xenogears are fair game? I'm so confused. o_O

Yes, if they're listed as "PS3 transfer" they work via that method. NOTE: You need to re-download them and have them uninstalled/bubbled for them to work.

Skyzard

Banned
Ah, sorry to hear that...that would have been an easy workaround...perhaps in an update. Sorry, must be quite disappointing for NA guys without PS3.

You guys still have quite a lot of games we are missing though. They took away our warhawk :(

Top Bottom