• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSX compatibility list (Bad, SCEA! Bad!)

You're giving SCEA way too much credit.

They just can't be bothered - that's the real answer.
Someone said earlier that there are recertification issues that caused the PS3 transfer to be the only way to go for the vast majority of titles.

Games need to be recertified to be published as Vita titles on the Vita store only.

But if that's the case, why are the initial offerings so much more impressive on the EU and JP stores? Do those countries magically circumvent these issues?

Your theory may be eerily correct :-\

Apologies if this has been mentioned, the only way you can play the short list of PSX games is to download them through your ps3 then transfer them to you PS Vita?

I just done a search for some a psx game on my vita (wild arms) and the game didn't turn up.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
The only thing that is stopping us from knowing the real answer why there is a severe lack of PSone games is stupid PR. Rather than just coming out with the truth it will be fabricated in such a way that would still leave as many questions unanswered without the PR.

I'm not throwing my toys here but you really think that it would be in both Sony and the publishers best interest to try and release as much back catalogue as possible. I am sure there are a ton of PSone games that would look great on the smaller screen. I know there are a few I would love to buy that I missed out on back in the 90s. That to me is more money going back into the industry. Why is that wrong?

CLEEK

R-Types and R-Type Delta (18 Sept)... what? Is this only for people who have them on their download list already, or are they being reinstated?

When games are delisted, it just prevents new purchases of them. You can re-download them if you've already bought them. Just select them again from your download list.

Shouldn't it be much more job for SCEE with all the different country and legislations? What the fuck is going on in SCEA?

Well the thing is our PS1 Classics list is so pathetically small anyway, I guess it didn't take that much time. I see all the big players anyway, so good job SCEE.

Mzo

Read through pages of bitching but nobody has answered the most important question: does the PSV PS emulator have full analog stick support? The PSP one did not, at all. All it ever did was map the dpad digital controls to the nub.

KalBalboa

Banned
Read through pages of bitching but nobody has answered the most important question: does the PSV PS emulator have full analog stick support? The PSP one did not, at all. All it ever did was map the dpad digital controls to the nub.

Well, it supports analog controls for PSone games that could, originally, but I wasn't able to use the joysticks in Jet Moto, which never had analog control.

I'm trying to think of a PSone game I have that used both sticks that I could download... anyone know of any?

onQ123

Sony Releases PlayStation Vita Game Archives Schedule
Support for over 600 titles, coming over the next few weeks.

PlayStation Vita now has access to classic PlayStation games through the Game Archives retro download service. Not all the current Game Archives games are available initially, though.

Sony opened a special site specifically for Vita's Game Archives support. You can see a schedule of releases here. Today's release list includes over 200 titles. Additional updates, leading to over 600 releases, are due over the coming weeks.

This is the Japan PS1 release schedule

http://andriasang.com/con2et/vita_game_archives/

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

As far as I know, Silent Hill PS1 support dual shock (analog nub) but you can't use the analog nub in the Vita. I think that's one of the issues why SH isn't on the Vita store front?

Jawmuncher

Jesus 600 games are on the JPN store?
Wow EU and NA sure did get jipped.

At least we got all the good games (for the most part) on our stores though.

baekshi

Banned
2012/8/28 - ?
2012/9/04 - 207 titles
2012/9/11 - 120 titles
2012/9/18 - 28 titles

So updates every week until 18th.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
OH SHIT SHADOW TOWER! :D

I got the original disc also, but damn if I can play that on my vita BEST TIME EVER.

Anyone whos got their vita set up for JP and can get the game you must try it out. One of From Softwares best titles since Kings Field back in the days. (Am not mentioning demons souls here due to it being a third person game).

(speed run vid)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwu2Ves0tn4&feature=related

If they can put the PS2 title, Shadow Tower Abyss that would be even more awesome on the vita

Spaulding

I can't download anything from my Vita. Do I have to download the games on my PS3 and then transfer them? Seriously?

Takao

Banned
I can't download anything from my Vita. Do I have to download the games on my PS3 and then transfer them? Seriously?

The Store updates on Tuesday. It will include those 9 games in the OP. However, you can transfer a lot more from PS3 right now.

Eusis

OH SHIT SHADOW TOWER! :D

I got the original disc also, but damn if I can play that on my vita BEST TIME EVER.
Man, I just wish we could've gotten those games on our PSN. So many PS1 games I either want to get again or never even got that have completely failed to show up on ours, the Square omissions are the most offensive.

bender

What time is it?
The swing meter lag in HSG2 seems better on Vita than on PS3 but it's still kind of bad. I was able to shoot under par in the first tournament I played but with all the other HSG options on Vita, it's probably not worth your time.

mandiller

I only have a Vita (no PS3), is there a way I can get FF IX onto my Vita (Australian)? My download list on the PS Store does not allow me to download any of my PS1 games I already own from buying on the PSP.

Tailzo

I only have a Vita (no PS3), is there a way I can get FF IX onto my Vita (Australian)? My download list on the PS Store does not allow me to download any of my PS1 games I already own from buying on the PSP.

I was wondering about that too.

The store hasn't even updated yet. That's on tuesday, so chill.

Good to know this will be fixed tomorrow when the store updates.

they should be available when the PS-Store updates. Today we just got the Firmware update for the Vita.

Averon

E3 and now this? Pretty clear SCEA don't give two craps about the Vita. When 1/3rd of your major global branches is seemingly doing their best the sabatoge the platform, why should it be any wonder that the Vita is failing in the market place at this point?

demigod

E3 and now this? Pretty clear SCEA don't give two craps about the Vita. When 1/3rd of your major global branches is seemingly doing their best the sabatoge the platform, why should it be any wonder that the Vita is failing in the market place at this point?

No 2D fighters on PS2, SCEA has been sucking for a decade now.

Come on, they have to test the ps support for first. You cannot just announce that 'yeah all the games are now working on new platform'. Then they would get in trouble because of that... And so on and so on. Probably there are a lot of legal issues as well.

Can you do this?

- Download PS1 game on PS3 from Japanese store (or US)
- Copy Japanese (or US) PS1 games over to PS Vita which is logged in as UK account

?

This would fix the 50hz crappiness issue, although be a problem for RPGs (Jpn version at least).

Skyzard

Banned
No, the vita recognises which account you are signed in on the ps3.

I tried when I noticed they got rid of warhawk from the eu store.

Top Bottom