• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vitamags Final issue - 100 Best Vita games

ryseing

Also, I had no ideia that freedom wars is so good. Do you guys recomend it? I have it, but I never played.

I liked it well enough until a certain part which completely abandons the previous gameplay mechanics. Everyone who's played that game knows which part I'm referring to. Tried that part like ten times and couldn't beat the thing.

Killzone is that good? I got it through JP PS+ and never played it.

Yes, Killzone is that good. Get the Botzone DLC to experience the MP as I doubt there's anyone still playing.

The list makes the Vita library seem pretty bad. When you have games like Neptunia, Demon Gaze, Danganronpa Despair Girls,etc. on a best games list then ehhhh, it seems you're really reaching.
Danganronpa is one of the best series on the Vita, and it's pretty synonymous with the platform. I mean opinions and all that, but you're just being obtuse if you can't see why people would rank them highly on a Vita list.

Camwi

Freedom Wars is completely undeserving of being in the top 10.

Though in all fairness, I'm sure the game is a lot better if you play co-op.

Reset

Even in the Danganronpa fan community Despair Girls is disliked. Awful characters, dumb story, horrible gameplay, gross "fan service", and the game looks ugly. If that's one of the best games on the Vita, then you're saying the Vita's library is trash.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Totally forgot this was a thing! Now i'm sad it ended :(
Bullet girls apart i would say that the list is gnot bad, we could discuss positions or the inclusion of other games(deception, mortal kombat, blazblue, doa,oreshika,knytt underground,shiren etc) but i would say there isn't too much to dislike.

Edit:
i have more or less 45 of the games in the list.

zulux21

the lack of disgaea anywhere on the list combined with so many mediocre games actually on the list makes this list a huge bust for me.

I don't have a VIta or probably never will, but that looks like a solid list of games. Where the hell does the meme come from that the thing had no games? There's enough RPGs there to last a lifetime.

joe2187

Banned
Not a single fighting game i noticed.

Dengeki bunko is legit one of the best fighting games besides the black magic that is the UMVC port.

redcrayon

This is my favorite Vita game. Any others similar to it?
Stranger of Sword City would be my first recommendation, it's the most recent and has great art. Operation Abyss is also a good bet, especially as the sequel to the latter, Operation Babel, is out next month. All of those are made by the same company, Experience, so you'll recognise a lot of ideas. There's loads of games like that on the portables.

Paltheos

Even in the Danganronpa fan community Despair Girls is disliked. Awful characters, dumb story, horrible gameplay, gross "fan service", and the game looks ugly. If that's one of the best games on the Vita, then you're saying the Vita's library is trash.

Speak for yourself. It's def. worse than the other two titles but it's still fun. 'Unpolished' is the single best descriptor I can come up with for the game's weaknesses, but it accomplishes what it set out to do. When it was at its best, it was still very much a Danganronpa game, in its own way different from the others, and the core experience is fun. It just screams of a game made by a team earnestly trying their best at a genre they're not familiar with.

Killzone Mercneary is pretty much the only game that met the initial promise of PS3 games on the go of the Vita. Great singleplayer and multiplayer.

Though do my eyes deceive me or do I not see Shovel Knight on this list? The game plays great and looks gorgeous on the OLED.

animax

Persona 4 Golden
not being at number 1 is just plain wrong.

Disagree, the number one was spot on.

A remake of a four year old game (as good as it was) vs a legit exclusive which pushed the machine to its limit and is still to this day the greatest handheld online shooter.

Left off my second favorite game for the system, DJMax Technika Tune, but they listed its lower budget indie sequel which is kind of surprising (although I've heard good things).

The list makes the Vita library seem pretty bad. When you have games like Neptunia, Demon Gaze, Danganronpa Despair Girls,etc. on a best games list then ehhhh, it seems you're really reaching.

man for real. Some of these inclusions are a bit questionable, especially when it's leaving out games like Oreshika (however much it pales compared to the original), either of the Disgaea ports, Sayonara Umihara Kawase, Shiren, etc.

some of the ports listed are kind of shit as well. Really not a great representation of the system's "best."

joe2187

Banned
I don't have a VIta or probably never will, but that looks like a solid list of games. Where the hell does the meme come from that the thing had no games? There's enough RPGs there to last a lifetime.

Early ps4 and ps3 had the same meme...now its the switch.

Basically it boils down. "I dont like thing" and all its content is garbage.

This is my favorite Vita game. Any others similar to it?

Stranger of sword city. Basically its demon gaze but with better art (which you can customize to your preference) and ray gigant which is said to be pretty easy and simple but is really good on its presentation. There are lots more as well like operation abyss as well.

And i own just under 250, and another 200 on top of that if we include ps1 and psp. How does that matter? Looking at that list, I'd remove some but add some. My favorite vita game isn't even on the list. I disliked p4g but obviously most love it. It's a fantastic device with a great library. Not everybody has the same tastes, obviously but the fact that there are more than a few games they didn't even list that I'd put pretty high up says quite a bit.
Not saying it doesn't have a lot of at least good games, but 100? Nah. That's creating a list for the sake of creating a list.

joe2187

Banned
Left off my second favorite game for the system, DJMax Technika Tune, but they listed its lower budget indie sequel which is kind of surprising (although I've heard good things).

I prefer the presentation and gameplay of xonic since it adapts to the vitas strengths well and the music list did get better with some of its dlc. Xonic is one of the best music games on the system.

ChrisD

How the heck could someone rank Persona Dancing over Project Diva F 2nd? On merits of being, you know, a good game, I can't see anywhere that P4D excels in. :|

Edit: and I swear I'm not usually one to nitpick lists. It's just they're just a few spots away from one another, so my eyes picked up on where they were relative to each other while going down the list.

mm04

Just rediscovered my Vita in a drawer and realized I completely underused it. Now I'm kicking myself for letting it just sit for years. Glad this thread exists to give me some purchase ideas.

Its dumb that nowhere in the Top 100 are there any sports games.

Madden, MLB The Show and FIFA all had really good entries on the system.

butman

38 - Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward

tom-delonge-wtf1.gif

zMiiChy-

Banned
How the heck could someone rank Persona Dancing over Project Diva F 2nd? On merits of being, you know, a good game, I can't see anywhere that P4D excels in. :|
For real!

That is easily my biggest issue with the entire list.

I didn't care for Persona Golden like most people, yet I can understand the appeal.

Persona Dancing, on the other hand, is honestly the worst rhythm I have ever played.

Spelunky is not number one. Otherwise a good list of games. Some obvious stuff missing though.

Its dumb that nowhere in the Top 100 are there any sports games.

Madden, MLB The Show and FIFA all had really good entries on the system.

I heard that Virtua Tennis 4 is pretty good as well.

Disagree, the number one was spot on.

A remake of a four year old game (as good as it was) vs a legit exclusive which pushed the machine to its limit and is still to this day the greatest handheld online shooter.

I have always found the idea that a game can be considered lesser for not being exclusive to a system... intriguing. Not that it needs to be propped up, but Persona 4 Golden added plenty of additional content/features to the point where most would consider the Vita version of the game to be definitive over the PS2 original.

That aside, these 'best-of' lists are highly subjective. If someone doesn't care for Japanese RPGs, P4G would never be in the top slot anyway. Personally, P4G sold me on getting a Vita - even having played the PS2 version - and for all the games I've played on it, it remains top of the class for me.

timberger

Some shitty games in there, but a lot of really great ones missing completely. I mean... no Disgaea 3 and 4? No Neptunia games besides Action Unleashed?

Moofers

I have the collector's edition of Stranger of Sword City and in the art book, it states that the game is a spiritual successor of sorts or even a "sister series" to Demon Gaze, so if you like DG then definitely pick up SOSC.

antibolo

Banned

What

I kinda agree with the other things, but it looks pretty good for a Vita game.

Top Bottom