• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Viz Announces Launch Of Pre-Orders For "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure" Anime

Link.

VIZ Media has announced the launch of preorders for the Jojo’a Bizarre Adventure Season 1 Limited Edition Blu-ray Set. The set is scheduled for retail release on July 25th and features the entire first season, Episodes 1-26. The anime is based on the Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency arcs of the renowned long-running manga series created by Hirohiko Araki (and also published by VIZ Media). The set will carry an MSRP of $69.99 U.S. / $81.99 CAN.

Fans that order the set from online retailer The Right Stuf will receive a “Word Effects” print, deep-purple cotton bandana as a special gift with purchase.

Blu-ray episodes will be presented in full 1080p HD, 16x9 video and stereo audio featuring English and Japanese dialogue options. Notable bonus content includes a 168-page booklet, a digital character art gallery and collectible art cards.

75d50ba3abab0e3e4a342u2zwy.jpg

ea0a484bd35925c74a834agx4d.jpg

Finally.

Like that the Jojonium styling of this set. Seems like that's gonna be the go-to look for Jojo products here in the west for now.

Now where's my Stardust Crusaders dub?

Ridley327

That's some really slick packaging. This is Blu-ray only, right? I was under the impression that Warner Bros. has the rights to the DVD set still on lock-down, though I think every Jojo fan would agree that they can keep it.

$70 feels like a bit much, but the artbook and other extras make it more palatable.

Jojo is definitely a series I would want in my physical collection.

Is this a Jojo reference?
More JoJo is awesome, I need to catch up on the manga side.
Got to part 4, diamond is unbreakable I believe, started reading then lost my place, if someone can help me out, spoilers for part 4 ahead.
the last thing I remember reading is jotaro and josuke fighting a rat that had a stand. Anyone know what vol and chapter that is

You know, I've read several things about this show/manga, but I never really can seem to find a simple, straightforward explanation as to what the hell it's really about.

You know, I've read several things about this show/manga, but I never really can seem to find a simple, straightforward explanation as to what the hell it's really about.

It's about a manga author discovering himself sexually over the course of 30 years.

Serious answer: It's really hard to give a simple, straightforward explanation because the only thing that really remains consistent across all parts is a main character named Jojo having a bizarre adventure.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.

The first arc is about vampires and rich people.

The second arc is about ancient superpowered Aztec men and nazis

The third arc is about Standos and bros going on a brotrip around za warudo

Haven't seen part 4 yet.

It's about a manga author discovering himself sexually over the course of 30 years.

Serious answer: It's really hard to give a simple, straightforward explanation because the only thing that really remains consistent across all parts is a main character named Jojo having a bizarre adventure.

Haven't seen part 4 yet.

So, it's like an anthology series more or less?

Haven't seen part 4 yet.

Part 4 is what Persona 4 ripped its entire premise from.

So, it's like an anthology series more or less?

Yep, every main character is a member of the Joestar bloodline and there are characters that show up across different arcs.

Told over the course of several 'parts', it tells the story of the members of the Joestar family (usually abbreviated to 'Jojo' in some way) and their individual struggles against evil over different time periods. Each part has its own Jojo, with their own cast, villains, and unique powers. They have their own story, which then ends and moves on to the next successor (which can get complicated).

In execution, it's like if the X-Men fought horror movie monsters and twilight zone episodes. Fabulously.

Scavenger

I don't have high expectations of Viz because they hire Subatomic Digital for their disc authoring needs. Viz also used to hire Justin Sevakis for disc authoring, but those idiots at Viz fired him.

I need this. Any chance of a UK release?
It's very likely Kazé will release it in the UK.

Ridley327

So is this a remastered edition of the old anime? Or didnt they have a more recent version?

This is a US release of the new series that started up in 2012 that offers up a much more straight adaptation of the manga than any of the OVAs. The first season covers both Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency.

The series deserved so much better than the awful first English release a couple years ago. The dub and the release itself were totally rushed and phoned in. It's too bad the dub won't get a do-over but at least this release is looking like what the series should have had the first go-around.

So is this a remastered edition of the old anime? Or didnt they have a more recent version?

This is the 2012 series that adapted part 1 and 2. The OVAs from the 90s were based on part 3.

Haven't seen part 4 yet.
Part 4 is Seinfeld with Standos. Yo Viz dafuq is mah Lisa Lisa merchandise? She ain't even on a disc.

caliph95

Haven't seen part 4 yet.
Part 4 is Seinfeld with Standos. Yo Viz dafuq is mah Lisa Lisa merchandise? She ain't even on a disc.
Part 5 is the GodJojo
Part 6 is JoJo is the new black
Part 7 is cannonbal Run
PArt 8

Makki

This is what I'm waiting on.

I used to buy everything exclusively on Amazon but their packaging is shit and you no longer get UPS doorstep deliveries with Prime. If you value your collectibles you shouldn't order these things on Amazon.

I had never used rightstuff.com before, but I recently got the One Punch Man set and Gangsta, and both came inside a box with an inner cardboard frame with crumbled paper on top and bottom of the LE boxes with free fucking shipping. I wont be ordering jack when it comes to collectibles from Amazon considering I have been screwed before and recently got screwed again by them mailing my Fire Emblem LE in a freaking bubblewrap envelope (and came crushed of course).

I used to buy everything exclusively on Amazon but their packaging is shit and you no longer get UPS doorstep deliveries with Prime. If you value your collectibles you shouldn't order these things on Amazon.

I had never used rightstuff.com before, but I recently got the One Punch Man set and Gangsta, and both came inside a box with an inner cardboard frame with crumbled paper on top and bottom of the LE boxes with free fucking shipping. I wont be ordering jack when it comes to collectibles from Amazon considering I have been screwed before and recently got screwed again by them mailing my Fire Emblem LE in a freaking bubblewrap envelope (and came crushed of course).
Rightstuf for anime (great prices, tank packaging, awesome CS), Amazon for everything else. Always. Join Got Anime if you haven't already, too. Been a customer since they started. Well, since both started honestly!

OK fine, I never bought telescopes from Rightstuf!

Considering this, but just picked up Chihayafuru SE (omg) so Jojo is on the back-burner.

ryan13ts

I love that cover, can't wait to pick this up since I intially skipped Battle Tendency (Although I read it years ago).

Also, have they made any mention on whether they're going to adapt Vento Aureo or is Diamond is Unbreakable where they're stopping with the anime? I really hope they'll continue onwards, especially since I really REALLY want to see Part 6 get adapted.

Ridley327

I love that cover, can't wait to pick this up since I intially skipped Battle Tendency (Although I read it years ago).

Also, have they made any mention on whether they're going to adapt Vento Aureo or is Diamond is Unbreakable where they're stopping with the anime? I really hope they'll continue onwards, especially since I really REALLY want to see Part 6 get adapted.

The Vento Aureo announcement is perpetually one of those "any day now" kinds of things, though given its length and some of the issues that David Production ran into by doing all of DiU at once, I think a lot of people are expecting that they're going back to a split season to make things easier on them.

Jojo is crazy popular right now and definitely the biggest it's ever been overseas. It's only a matter of time until the Part 5 anime gets announced, considering that manga part is apparently one of the most popular in Japan.

I've never seen Jojo anything. Would this Blu-ray be a good place to start?
It's the first season and includes Part 1 and 2. Part 1 is just OK, but it ends quickly and Part 2 has an awesome protagonist.

Part 3 is arguably what the series is most known for, since it introduces Stands, but Part 2 is extremely fun.

Instead of paying $60-$70 though, it might be better to get a Crunchy Roll subscription for under $10 (or even a trial period) and watch the first two parts that way. That way, if it's not your cup of tea, you aren't stuck with a bunch of extras for a show you don't like.

Top Bottom