• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VOEZ |OT| 116 Songs. 6 High Schoolers. 1st Rhythm Game on Switch. This is the VOEZ!

Verus

So I just purchased a switch yesterday. Coming from IIDX, Osu, DJMAX & XONiC(which is also coming to switch btw). I find it odd there is almost no presence of this game on the switch community.

This is a much better game than how Technika Tune ended up as. Bought the switch for MHXX but I think this will be my main addiction and with XONiC on the way. Switch may be my new rhythm game system. Really hope there will be other games coming to the switch.

Lots of potential for the rhythm genre to grow on the switch but it needs more awareness.

deadfolk

Also there's a demo for those without the game!

Great news. I tried the game on my phone a few times, but something always feels off with the timing, despite fiddling with the calibration. It will be good to actually give it a shot on the Switch to see if it's just me or not.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Patch 1.2 is live, includes another 12 songs for free.

Also there's a demo for those without the game!
AWESOME, downloading the demo.

.....I'm not seeing it, is it hitting tomorrow?

Edit: At the moment, it seems to be up in Japan, so maybe tomorrow for the US??

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sounds like tomorrow, then. I'm just glad we got a demo period since I wanted to try it on Switch instead of my phone since the screen sizes are completely different.

ryushe

So are there any songs in the game that have any background video kind of like Elite Beat Agents or is it all just the highway of notes?

Kalor

I couldn't get into the mobile version due to the screen size but I tried out the demo earlier and it's way better. I've been on the verge of buying it since launch but the demo has got me more interested to pick it up.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I couldn't get into the mobile version due to the screen size but I tried out the demo earlier and it's way better. I've been on the verge of buying it since launch but the demo has got me more interested to pick it up.
I'm in the same boat. I have a pretty big phone, but it still wasn't big enough to really accommodate this game. Since I didn't enjoy it, I ignored the Switch version. Downloaded the demo on my JP account and ended up buying the full game after just a few minutes.

They should've put the demo out at launch.

Regiruler

I played Noel on hard, level 12.

...I get a terrible foreboding sensation. I do not think the label of "level 17" is to be taken lightly.

Is the voice clip at the end of iNSPIRED also in Event Horizon? It sounds familiar.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Weird, demo is still not up for the US. Should I just get it from the Japanese store? Would there be English text?

Edit: Oh cool, defaults to English when using my main account. Seems you can play 3 songs: Wilt, Colorful Voice, & Kimi to mita sora no uta. You can play between Easy, Hard, & Special.

So what determines the difference between a Max Perfect, Perfect, & OK? On my 2nd song (Wilt), I only got 3 okays & a S rank with full combo. The color of the note splash?

Regiruler

This song must be right off the approval process because I'm pretty sure that's not in the switch version.

Unrelated: current diary requirement is to get 20 S rank in Special. What the unholy fuck. The one right before it is 20 s ranks in Hard. The difficulty jump to get that many Ss in hard to that many in Special is huge.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
This song must be right off the approval process because I'm pretty sure that's not in the switch version.

Unrelated: current diary requirement is to get 20 S rank in Special. What the unholy fuck. The one right before it is 20 s ranks in Hard. The difficulty jump to get that many Ss in hard to that many in Special is huge.
Yeah the dairy set up should have been reworked for the console version

zigg

Man, I am never going to get anywhere near those videos. 😅

Do thumb players play with the Joy-Cons removed? I can't decide whether I like with or without. The sides of the Switch with them off are uncomfortable, but it's also harder to reach across the screen with them on.

Regiruler

Man, I am never going to get anywhere near those videos. 😅

Do thumb players play with the Joy-Cons removed? I can't decide whether I like with or without. The sides of the Switch with them off are uncomfortable, but it's also harder to reach across the screen with them on.

Removed. Pretty much not even a question unless I'm playing really casually.

Not many people seem to talk about this game and that's a shame because it's really good. I should play it more. Best launch game after Zelda perhaps.

Malajax

My roommate is coming home with a switch since he found some on a business trip. I was waiting for Mario Odyssey but stumped on what to play in the meantime.

Think I found my game. Huge fan of rhythm games. Looks pretty good.

MrPanic

So I dl'd the demo yesterday and I have to say there haven't been many demo's that sold me so hard on a game as this one did. Having 3 songs and being able to play them on all 3 difficulties offers quite the replayability just within the demo, and being able to preview every song in the game definitely settled my fear of the soundtrack not being up my alley. I'll definitely pick this game up when I get around to pick another eshop card up.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, this game is so much fun! I expected something, coming from Cytus, but this is so much better even. Every stage made me smile due to either the song or how the lane effects interact with it, it feels just so good to play.

Can't even explain what's the 'thing' that makes it that fun to play, but the feeling of how you play the different stages is just so well done. I gues "feeling" is a proper word for this game. What Cytus had in style, this one has in pure feels.

Don't quite understand the diary though, is it just one picture per page? Can't really see a lot of story yet, but I'm just at selection three on easy, so I only have like 5 pages.

Totally worth the price, this game will surprise you on many levels.

Been playing this on the phone and really itching to pick up the Switch version. What's everyone preferred method to play this with the system laying flat? I wish the back of the Switch wasn't so slippery as it would move around on the table while I played (with or without joycons) Maybe I should get some of that grippy material that people put on their dashboards to hold phones?

Oh my god I bought this on Switch last night and wake up to a phone notification that all songs are unlocked for the anniversary of the game. I mean I know they're timed but that's pretty funny that I paid for something that became free a few hours later...

Play the phone version if you're curious!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh my god I bought this on Switch last night and wake up to a phone notification that all songs are unlocked for the anniversary of the game. I mean I know they're timed but that's pretty funny that I paid for something that became free a few hours later...

Play the phone version if you're curious!

You unlocked the extended demo for the phone version for the world with your purchase grats :p

Zomba13

My Switch came yesterday, got this, enjoying it more than what I played of on my phone (just runs better and the bigger screen and all that). Are keys used for anything other than icons in this version? Like, there isn't some planned thing that makes them more useful or some hidden thing I've missed?

And from what I understand the Switch version will just keep getting new songs added for free?

So I tried the demo and forgive me for the stupid question, but how are you supposed to play this ? What's the optimal way ?

Switch laying down and playing on it like you'd with a piano ?

Second question, any chance for a physical release ?

Thanks

deadfolk

I enjoyed the demo of this, but has anyone else had problems getting the swipe movements to register consistently?

I'll be doing a perfect run, but a swipe will often just randomly fail to register. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to figure out what.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I enjoyed the demo of this, but has anyone else had problems getting the swipe movements to register consistently?

I'll be doing a perfect run, but a swipe will often just randomly fail to register. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to figure out what.

Apply a tiny bit more pressure

Top Bottom