• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VOEZ |OT| 116 Songs. 6 High Schoolers. 1st Rhythm Game on Switch. This is the VOEZ!

Gradon

Does the full game have 'hit sounds' when hitting a note? Because the demo didn't and it made me feel a little uncomfortable as I'm so used to them in rhythm games.

deadfolk

Does the full game have 'hit sounds' when hitting a note? Because the demo didn't and it made me feel a little uncomfortable as I'm so used to them in rhythm games.

It's also in the demo. I can't remember where, off the top of my head, but I have it on for the demo.

Woah, never knew the switch had a demo now.
Need to try it out. Love the Android version and want to buy the switch version for months, if it plays good on the switch I think it's finally time.

Famassu

What even is this Run Lads Run on Special difficulty. :'D How are you supposed to be able to do this one part where you have to mash like crazy and the notes jump all over the screen very randomly. :S

Zomba13

I wish this game had two things:
- A way to favourite a song
There are so many songs it can sometimes be hard getting back to one that you really like if it's in the middle of the lot.

- Notes being the same colour when you need to hit them at the same time
Most of the time it's fine but sometimes when it's on harder levels it can be tricky to know if they want two that to be hit the same time or just slightly after one another. If simultaneous notes were say, orange or something, then it'd be a lot clearer.

Other than that, the blue swipe notes are the bane of my existence because I just can't get them 100% of the time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Only Japan? Bummer, but I guess they felt it wouldn't sell as well in the US.

Nice to hear controller support will be added, wonder how it'll work.

zigg

I'm beginning to think buying anything digital is a mistake. Would have loved to have this in card form instead.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Just downloaded the demo and this game is pretty sweet.

I can't get that "Fuckin No Way" song out of my head.

That's what she's saying, right?

I've not been playing this as much as I should have, but I do love it, and I want to get Deemo as well. Too many games...

Wonder how the button presses will work.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Wow this demo is surprising fun. I love the look.

Can anyone explain the white "slide" ones, not sure if get those
The white dots don't require a tap to be read so you can slide your finger across them or because it understands multiple inputs just hold your fingers down where all the dots will land

jorgejjvr

The white dots don't require a tap to be read so you can slide your finger across them or because it understands multiple inputs just hold your fingers down where all the dots will land
Thank you!

Any specific reason why the Speed is separate from the difficulty?

What would be a recommended speed 3-4?

jorgejjvr

Is that really cursing in one of the tracks? Or my brain playing tricks?

I advise to try this demo

It's making want to buy the full game

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is that really cursing in one of the tracks? Or my brain playing tricks?

I advise to try this demo

It's making want to buy the full game
Which song is it? "iNSPiRED"??

Despite being rated E, it seems that song got past the radar of the ESRB because it was added via free update....though I know this isn't the first time a swear got past them (DDR Extreme on PS2 got away with the same thing...somehow)

jorgejjvr

Which song is it? "iNSPiRED"??

Despite being rated E, it seems that song got past the radar of the ESRB because it was added via free update....though I know this isn't the first time a swear got past them (DDR Extreme on PS2 got away with the same thing...somehow)
Wilt.

Don't have the full game yet. Are there more English songs such as colorful voice?

Is it bad that speed 3 is what works for me right now? Lol

Got an S even

Wow this demo is surprising fun. I love the look.

Can anyone explain the white "slide" ones, not sure if get those

I know it's already been addressed, but I always tell people that with the white ones, just make sure there's a finger there to catch them. Your finger, any finger, is a bucket, and you have to let the white ones fall in. You don't event have to tap in rhythm right when the first white one falls - as long as there's a finger there to catch it you're good!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Wait, TV mode is coming???

How would you play this with a controller??

Thank you!

Are there more in English on full game?
Not sure but Japan got an update that allows them to play on the tv because the game did so well on switch

bounchfx

so i bought this at launch as a HUGE fan of rhythm games but i havent really touched it, and im trying to figure out why. I think it's mostly because there seems to be no clear progression or indication of which songs I've played or not. Is there any way to tell without clicking on every single song and bumping through the difficulties?

another issue is I think all the songs kinda sound the same to me right now, very little variation, but I think this is due to me not playing much. I kinda wish I had held out for DEEMO instead, but I can't justify the price of it now, voez was already more than I usually spend on a game

so i bought this at launch as a HUGE fan of rhythm games but i havent really touched it, and im trying to figure out why. I think it's mostly because there seems to be no clear progression or indication of which songs I've played or not. Is there any way to tell without clicking on every single song and bumping through the difficulties?

another issue is I think all the songs kinda sound the same to me right now, very little variation, but I think this is due to me not playing much. I kinda wish I had held out for DEEMO instead, but I can't justify the price of it now, voez was already more than I usually spend on a game

I have found myself having the same problem with VOEZ. There's so many songs! I have discovered a few that I love and kind of totally forgot about them b/c I don't recognize the art or don't have time during a session to poke through all the icons.

ghibli99

IIRC, there are small blue and orange indicators on the song tiles that tell you if you've cleared or full-combo'd a song. I've just been working (slowly) in order of difficulty. The sheer number of songs is overwhelming, and many of them kinda sound the same to me. Great value proposition, but not a very memorable one so far. Deemo looks more compelling to me, so I might buy that soon.

Top Bottom