• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Voice actor accidentally confirms Army of Four

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Reading his previous tweets, why would he have been in Sweden to sign the contract for an EA job if it wasn't DICE-related? Do they (EA) have that kind of offices in Malmö or Copenhagen?

The head of the EA Games Label is Patrick Soderlund, who used to work at DICE.

They're also using DICE's engine and help develop it as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if DICE is helping out a bit though. EA shares resources a lot. Like 15 people out of Danger Close worked on Bulletstorm.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i wonder if they'll finally break the bowstring sexual tension in this one and do it like wild dogs

V_Ben

Banned
Bring back the tampon bullet wound system if you do one thing right EA. The original atmosphere of the game when it was revealed was so much more chaotic and bizarre.

Man, what's with these dumb VO guys that leak this all the time. I'd be pissed if I was working on something underwaps for so long and a douche gets to announce it.

Man, what's with these dumb VO guys that leak this all the time. I'd be pissed if I was working on something underwaps for so long and a douche gets to announce it.

Normally I'd say that's the risk of employing voice actors who don't understand video game development compared to movies. But given the fact he specifically said he "just signed on" I'm incredibly skeptical that this is a pure leak. Surely they would have made it very clear he needed to keep quiet. I mean, I imagine that's one of the things you talk about after/before signing, "Remember we're announcing this in 2 months so don't talk about it yet". I find it hard to believe he would tweet that right after getting the job without management's sanction.

Sometimes it is not a leak. Companies are happy to let a small leak out, and get people speculating (this thread being the result they'd want)

Rapstah

Sometimes it is not a leak. Companies are happy to let a small leak out, and get people speculating (this thread being the result they'd want)

Either he signed an NDA, and he would know what an NDA is since he has worked in TV and movies, or he did not. If he didn't sign an NDA then it's not his fault that he let out the information and it is also probably intentional. This is just the amount of information that will have someone posting "remember the Ao4 thing? They'll probably be showing that" at E3 and generate some extra talk then.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
i thought i missed the release of the third one and ive come to find out that they are possibly numbering it using a Martingale negative progressive.

Rapstah

i thought i missed the release of the third one and ive come to find out that they are possibly numbering it using a Martingale negative progressive.

Army of ((2 + title in series - 1) mod (Maximum amount of controllers for console with least amount of simultaneous controllers in current generation)) (title in series if otherwise unclear)

They should just release it under this name with an intellectual-looking cover and I would totally buy it at some point.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I'm really hoping they bring back the tampon stuffing bandaid feature to the series; I can't describe my disappointment that it was cut.

There you go V_Ben:

k2auq.jpg

Interesting. I liked the first game. Never bothered with the second one and thought the franchise was dead.

I read sphincter from Battlefield instead of splinter.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think people overestimate the amount EA cares about someone mentioning they're doing voice acting for a series they openly list as in development in job postings.

I guess he confirmed the new name?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Thank you, Joe Flanigan, for warning us so we can protect our children from AO2: Three: Four

Top Bottom