• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Voice of Solid Snake to be revealed at Konami's E3 Presentation.

Please be Hayter, please be David, please be Hayter.

DogBegging21.jpg

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Its Sutherland. You dont hire a Hollywood actor for some bit-part dies in the prologue guy.

Especially when we've heard him seemingly voice Snake already anyway in a gameplay demo.

Hystzen

Solid Snake?

I think title should mean Big Boss yo as of yet Hayter is the only voice for Solid but don't really mind a change for Big Boss due to timeline going to catch up with MG1

Raiden

Banned
First i was trying to convince everybody that it would still be Hayter because he is too iconic as Snake to replace him.

Then i saw interviews with Hayter saying how dissapointed he is and whatnot, so i was convinced that he was actually ditched from the project. I mean there is a line you have to draw about lying to everyone.

Then this image bops up .. i mean come on why would he do that if its not going to be Hayter.

Okay i'm gonna call it, we're going to see some sort of video of either Hayter or Snake sneaking into Konami HQ where Kojima is, some sort of fight. And then Hayter snake says something witty like "huh ...who else?" or something like that.

Its Sutherland. You dont hire a Hollywood actor for some bit-part dies in the prologue guy.

Especially when we've heard him seemingly voice Snake already anyway in a gameplay demo.

You don't know the extent of bandaged guy's role. Also, Patrick Stewart in Oblivion and Liam Neeson in Fallout 3.

Said it before, I'll say it again... No Hayter, no MGS5 for me. Already got one person who's calling me on this, free for anyone else to as well.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
You don't know the extent of bandaged guy's role. Also, Patrick Stewart in Oblivion and Liam Neeson in Fallout 3.

The bandaged guy is going to be a projection of Big Boss' and not a real person :p

Woffls

Did we establish which Snake was main character in the trailer/demo? Do we know which decade this game was set it? I've really not been keeping up.

Why does the thread title say Solid Snake? This is a Big Boss (Naked Snake) game.

Actually, the picture in the OP just says "Snake."

It could be either of them.

Said it before, I'll say it again... No Hayter, no MGS5 for me. Already got one person who's calling me on this, free for anyone else to as well.
Seriously? I mean, no Hayter is kind of a disappointment but at least keep an eye for the gameplay and future news before saying this.

Did we establish which Snake was main character in the trailer/demo? Do we know which decade this game was set it? I've really not been keeping up.

It's big boss or whatever he feels like being called this time around.

It's set in ~1984, with a prologue section 9 years earlier.

5FEfqdu.png

Since it's not Solid Snake but Big Boss who will be the protagonist of MGSV (AFAIK) it would be nice to see Richard Doyle return to the role. Unless they go with Hayter.

Seriously? I mean, no Hayter is kind of a disappointment but at least keep an eye for the gameplay and future news before saying this.

Completely serious. The gameplay of 4 was kind of all over the place, the story more non-sensical than ever before. The only thing that's kept me going is Hayter dulcet, smoke induced tones.

kadab

it's not that david hayter isnt a good voice actor (even though he was getting worse and ridiculous). I just think it's time for a new voice on next gen. so please no hayter.

SJRB

Gold Member
Snake is voiced by Hayter.

Big Boss by Kiefer.

Final bossfight is Big Boss vs Snake in Zanzibar, player controls Snake. Hell yeah.

Woffls

Would Solid Snake even be in this game? Can't we expect Doyle as Big Boss and then... just... other characters? If I get bored later I'll have a look at the MGS4 database timeline...

yeah, Sutherland played Sgt. Roebuck in COD: World at War. He had a decent sized role, but not as much screen time when compared to Gary Oldman.

COD World at War spoilers:
he dies halfway through the game

It was more towards the end and its optional.
he was also the MP announcer for the Marines.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Want Hayer. SUPER disappointing if it's Sutherland. Would rather have an unknown, if it couldn't be Hayter.

Top Bottom