• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Voice of Solid Snake to be revealed at Konami's E3 Presentation.

MechaX

I haven't been a fan of Hayter's recent Snakes, but meh, Sutherland is just another side of the fence in boring VA-wise.

Kojima really needs to surprise me and have new Snake be like George Takei or something.

portugueseguy

Neo Member
Its likely not Hayter but if it is I'll buy MGS5- If its not him, then no sale... I don't care how good it is otherwise. Hayter is Snake. How can they "fresh start" and fire David but keep the same Japanese voice actor- garbage Kojima, garbage.

Small correction. He wasn't fired... Just not hired back.
1- It's all a hoax
2- Kojima does have a reason for it and he'll probably give it.

TheBear

Such an odd thing to have a reveal for.
If it not Hayter, you're pissing people off.
If it is Hayter, why the misdirection in the first place?

Well, it's obviously gotta be somebody with a little more celebrity than the average voice actor. I mean, I can't imagine hyping up some random dude we've never heard of that voiced a bunch of other forgettable characters in the past.

Vamphuntr

Excited for this. I guess this must be big since they are hyping it. Kojima likes his movies so much he probably invited the star to the Konami Conference/MGS panel.

I won't miss Hayter, personally. He wasn't good at all in MGS4.

Excited for this. I guess this must be big since they are hyping it. Kojima likes his movies so much he probably invited the star to the Konami Conference/MGS panel.

I won't miss Hayter, personally. He wasn't good at all in MGS4.

Hate to agree with you, but yeah. The forced raspiness is really distracting. I'd welcome a change. Either a new voice from him or a new actor.

Gilbert-Gottfried.jpg
WHY IS EVERYTHING NANOMACHINES I REALLY DONT GET IT

in Gilbert Gottfried voice

Slime

Banned
The Kojima thing to do would be...

Presenter starts hyping up the big reveal. The music swells!

Presenter: "And now...the voice of Snake!"

...a moment's pause...

David Hayter walks out.

? appears on the screen behind him. He looks around all confused. So does the presenter.

Presenter: "David Hayter? But I thought you were no longer the voice of Snake!"

Hayter: "Well, I'm not. Not this Snake anyway..."

Presenter: "Then who is? Wait--what's that!?"

Room goes dark. Music swells again!

On the screen: "Introducing the new voice of SNAKE!"

...and out walks a certain celebrity...

Presenter: "We are pleased to announce Kiefer Sutherland as Big Boss, and David Hayter's return as Solid Snake!"

*applause*

But instead it'll probably just be Sutherland, and Hayter got ditched in favor of bigger name recognition. = / I don't think it's a ruse, unless Kojima kept Hayter himself in the dark.

It has to be Hayter or Konami won't see my cash. Simple as that.

I don't get this loyalty to Hayter:

1. It's Big Boss, so technically it's not his character (and other people have voiced BB before).
2. Yes, he's been the iconic voice of Solid Snake for ages, but apart from that distinctive voice I don't think there was anything great about his voice-acting.
3. If you're willing to miss out on the first proper MGS in, what, 5 or 6 years over something like this, then.... good for you.

The fact that they're calling attention to who's gonna be voicing Snake, means its most likely gonna be Hayter. At least I hope.

In any case, Kojima's a magnificent troll.

The Kojima thing to do would be...

Presenter starts hyping up the big reveal. The music swells!

Presenter: "And now...the voice of Snake!"

...a moment's pause...

David Hayter walks out.

? appears on the screen behind him. He looks around all confused. So does the presenter.

Presenter: "David Hayter? But I thought you were no longer the voice of Snake!"

Hayter: "Well, I'm not. Not this Snake anyway..."

Presenter: "Then who is? Wait--what's that!?"

Room goes dark. Music swells again!

On the screen: "Introducing the new voice of SNAKE!"

...and out walks a certain celebrity...

Presenter: "We are pleased to announce Kiefer Sutherland as Big Boss, and David Hayter's return as Solid Snake!"

*applause*

But instead it'll probably just be Sutherland, and Hayter got ditched in favor of bigger name recognition. = / I don't think it's a ruse, unless Kojima kept Hayter himself in the dark.

*Cough*cough* I think FFvXIII has a better chance of being unveiled as FFXV PS4 exclusive in all its nextgen glory, compared to this...

I wouldn't mind Doyle taking over the reigns of Big Boss. I'm kind of bummed it won't be Hayter unless this is all an elaborate troll and Solid Snake shows up somewhere in the game voiced by Hayter. The safe bet is Sutherland, but, honestly, you really think Sutherland would do it? I mean he did do voice work for CoD, but MGS is a whole other beast. Unless Konami is paying him big, big bucks. Can you imagine Sutherland's face and the angry phone call his agent will get once he reads the script? I'd be alright with Sutherland if there was something in his contract to allow for script edits or localization supervision.

Now Kurt Russell, he might be just desperate enough for cash to sign on I think, but then he would be Snake Pliskin playing Big Boss which would create a time paradox.

Vamphuntr

I'm not sure why people are expecting Solid Snake to be in this again. Les Enfants Terribles Project was in 1972. Peace Walker was in 1974. Ground Zeroes takes place quickly after Peace Walker since they've just found out Paz was captured after she escaped and Chico gets captured too. Kojima said the coma last 9 years so when Big Boss would wake up it would be 1983-1984.

So basically at this point Snake is 11-12 years old. I guess there could be a time skip for a cameo at the end but even then the Japanese VA is the same so I doubt that's the twist.

Well since they are making a big deal out of the announcement, doesn't that kind of mean that it has to be Hayter?

I mean if it was just some other guy that no one cares about they would just announce that it's someone new.

The whole point it that everyone will show up to see the reveal and when it is shown to be Hayter people will freak out like idiots because its him.

Why would they make everyone wait and come to an announcement show just to reveal its someone no one cares about and leave everyone disappointed?

Really who cares? The Solid Snake voice has got to be the easiest character voice to recreate.

Anyone besides Hayter would feel so wrong and seriously damage my enjoyment out of the game. I'm seriously hoping that this has all been a Kojima level mindfuck. Either that or he listened to the internet.

Top Bottom