• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vudu disc to digital coming to smartphones - barcodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
That little settings gear in the top right doesn't let you modify your address?

No it sends me back into a loop where when I try to modify the address it sends me back to the Wallet page and won't let me continue.

Edit: PayPal has been shit for editing addresses and cards for the last decade so I don't know why I'm surprised. Every time I needed to update my CC I would have to call customer service because I got an error about pending transactions even though there were none. Same with removing addresses. Ugh.

No it sends me back into a loop where when I try to modify the address it sends me back to the Wallet page and won't let me continue.

Edit: PayPal has been shit for editing addresses and cards for the last decade so I don't know why I'm surprised. Every time I needed to update my CC I would have to call customer service because I got an error about pending transactions even though there were none. Same with removing addresses. Ugh.

I went to Vudu removed PP and added a Pre-piad Amex Card then changed my address. I'll switch back once I find something that works to get my freebie but nothing has so far.

Well Kingdom of Heaven DC blu-ray did scan but it showed up only as the Theatrical release.

So far, I've tried The Godfather Trilogy (not the Coppola restoration), the BttF trilogy, and Lost in Translation, and they all haven't worked. Not surprised by Godfather not working, but Lost in Translation should.

Whether Vudu decides to put the effort into doing that much work is the question.

Based on the corrections to the disc detection system I doubt they will put much work in. I've had plenty of eligible discs come up as "unknown" and you can tell the app which disc it is and they tell you they will verify and fix it but they never have AFAIK.

Couldn't find a barcode on LotR EE so I gave up on it, especially since people earlier said it didn't work or you had to pay separately for each movie. Most of the rest of my collection is animated Disney stuff (WDAS, Pixar, Studio Ghibli) that didn't work. I tried a couple of other anime movies that didn't work, including The Tale of the Princess Kaguya (which is not published by Disney), Akira, and Wolf Children. Weirdly even Redline didn't work, even though I know it's available on Vudu.

Finally Rango worked. It was a blu-ray copy that I bought long after the fact, and it was supposed to come with a digital copy in the box, but the digital copy was long expired. But now the barcode worked for this free disc to digital thing.

So far, I've tried The Godfather Trilogy (not the Coppola restoration), the BttF trilogy, and Lost in Translation, and they all haven't worked. Not surprised by Godfather not working, but Lost in Translation should.

All the individual disks work though. I added BttF last week using my disks and each one registered as a double special edition but didn't come with anything extra on vudu.

Based on the corrections to the disc detection system I doubt they will put much work in. I've had plenty of eligible discs come up as "unknown" and you can tell the app which disc it is and they tell you they will verify and fix it but they never have AFAIK.

to be fair there's probably a lot more work involved in uploading various disc info as opposed to entering in a UPC number so the barcode scans correctly.

I'm not going to hold my breath but in theory this should be a better system.

All the individual disks work though. I added BttF last week using my disks and each one registered as a double special edition but didn't come with anything extra on vudu.

I'm trying this through the mobile app and scanning the UPC, not the desktop app (I know that works because I used to use it when T-Mobile was still giving out Vudu credits).

Ah, I thought you were scanning the box set barcode not the individual cases.

I am scanning the box set barcode (like I said, I wasn't expecting it to work, but I wanted to try anyway). These are box sets from like the mid 2000s, they only have one barcode. Lost in Translation should have worked, though (it's supposed to be eligible for Disc-to-Digital).

I went to Vudu removed PP and added a Pre-piad Amex Card then changed my address. I'll switch back once I find something that works to get my freebie but nothing has so far.

Well Kingdom of Heaven DC blu-ray did scan but it showed up only as the Theatrical release.

I decided to go ahead and just start scanning stuff even though my PP address is wrong, but it still worked luckily!

Gonna spend tomorrow morning picking through my collection to see what's worth unlocking. :D

So did I, haha.

Nothing works though. I tried Inception and Lawrence of Arabia and something else too. Shit all.

Inception worked fine for me. What error did it give you? I think the general error code is just when their server get overloaded. Was getting tons of errors during the day, but worked fine at night.

reKon

Banned
Worked on all my films discs except for Interstellar...

Damn it, that's the one I wanted to convert the most...

Future

Annoying that Apple TV doesn't have Amazon video either.

That one is amazons choice because of competing fire tv.

Vudu could probably add an app if they wanted to. But they probably want to allow users to make purchases like they can on every competing implementation on a set top box or tv

That one is amazons choice because of competing fire tv.

Vudu could probably add an app if they wanted to. But they probably want to allow users to make purchases like they can on every competing implementation on a set top box or tv

then why does Vudu have an iOS app?

It makes no sense for them not to have an equivalent on Apple TV unless they're being held up, it was reported recently that Vudu is still "working" on the Apple TV app

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Used it today with some BDs, awesome feature.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I am scanning the box set barcode (like I said, I wasn't expecting it to work, but I wanted to try anyway). These are box sets from like the mid 2000s, they only have one barcode. Lost in Translation should have worked, though (it's supposed to be eligible for Disc-to-Digital).

I can't confirm BTTF because I used a code for those, but I registered all of the Godfather movies and Lost In Translation using PC.

Lomax

Anyone know if you can use the freebie to get an HDX upgrade from a DVD or does it have to be the $2 options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom