• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WAPO: Manafort offered to give Russians ‘private briefings’ on 2016 campaign

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Now what happens if Trump pardons him? Realistically?

Would be amazing to watch Trump supporter mental gymnastics:

Trump pardons Manafort before his prosecution (a-la Ford/Nixon pardon), which is a tacit admission of guilt.

Trump supporters now know it was all true and not fake news, but that somehow that is OK for him to be a traitor. And will still fly way more US flags than is absolutely normal.

Makonero

Would be amazing to watch Trump supporter mental gymnastics:

Trump pardons Manafort before his prosecution (a-la Ford/Nixon pardon), which is a tacit admission of guilt.

Trump supporters now know it was all true and not fake news, but that somehow that is OK for him to be a traitor. And will still fly way more US flags than is absolutely normal.
Easier than that I'm afraid. "Trump was just tired of this Russia nonsense so he pardoned an innocent man! Fake news!"

Im just worried only manafort will go down. Hopefully his heat brings down the house.

Mueller is making a case so air-tight, not even the slimiest of snakes and eels can get through. He's taking his time and combing every detail to make sure this case has no defense for Chief Cheeto's Stupid Watergate Club band.

I feel like six months ago this tthread would've been thirty pages long by now. We're all so very tired.
I don't know about everybody else but, while I recognize this is big news, I'm more focused on the possibility of Graham and Cassidy's ACA repeal bill passing at the moment. The fact that Mueller and his counsel are tackling the Trump-Russia connections helps put my mind at ease on the topic too.

Im just worried only manafort will go down. Hopefully his heat brings down the house.

I think that is a real possibility too. It depends on where the investigation leads and what Mueller is actively looking into. Last time in the 90s a special counsel investigation started with real estate deals and ended with impeachment of a president for lying under oath about fellatio in the oval office. Mueller has a lot of room to maneuver so who knows where this will end, but I think I am done speculating on this and will wait to see what happens.

EDIT: Also, nothing surprising about Manafort so far; the guy is an awful human being.

Amalthea

Banned
So do they Manawanna to Manapulate Manafort to Manago from Manafucked to Manaflipped? Preferably at Mana-a-Lago?

I think I overdid it.

burnjanso

Seems to me the whole investigation is riding on one guy cracking under ton of indictable offenses. Would everything crumble if Manafort was to commit suicide?

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
This is all starting to feel too far from the Orange Turd. Easy enough for him to say "it wasn't me, it was my staff" and dodge the bullet.

This is all starting to feel too far from the Orange Turd. Easy enough for him to say "it wasn't me, it was my staff" and dodge the bullet.

His campaign manager, son in-law, son, chief advisors, lawyers, and other personnel all were getting involved with Russian government aligned people...How does it not show at the very least direction from the top when everyone below him is doing the same thing.

Walshicus

Seems to me the whole investigation is riding on one guy cracking under ton of indictable offenses. Would everything crumble if Manafort was to commit suicide?
Doubt he'll commit suicide, but he may have suicide committed to him. If the usual Russian toolset is in play.

Top Bottom