• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WAPO: Sessions discussed Trump campaign-related matters with Russian ambassador

JettDash

The funnier part in all of this is the talk about Trump attempting to fire Sessions and doing a recess appointment.

Even after just threatening republicans in congress and telling them they shouldn't leave for summer recess until healthcare is done.

So yea, anyone who thinks Trump is capable of anything remotely close to long term planning is giving him way, way too much credit.

Trump doesn't even know what a recess appointment is.

Trump doesn't even know what a recess appointment is.

it's when you go outside to play with all the big trucks

Why would Wapo sit on a bombshell like this? It makes no sense.

tumblr_inline_nxa7k8neIA1ri4d3y_400.gif

Support them!!!!!!!

Their work over the last couple of years has been incredible. They deserve the funding and support. Their subscriptions aren't that expensive for most of us who value their news.

Yep, around May I got a NYT Sunday subscription. I don't even have time to read all of them and the papers are starting to stack up. But I'm going to maintain my NYT subscription until Robert Mueller completes his investigation.

Without WAPO/NYT, we would be in a literal Banana Republic. The Republicans had no desire whatsoever to do any oversight on the Trump WH. The media hasn't been perfect, but the 4th Estate has pretty much saved our republic from turning into 1984 and doing the oversight that Republicans are too cowardly to do.

The Democrats may not have any power in Congress, but NYT/WAPO have basically become the checks & balance on this administration. I highly recommend you subscribe to those publications, so they can continue to do good work and not feel pressure from corporate overlords to squash stories. Their overlords, even if they're Republicans, like making money and the rising subscription numbers gives the NYT/WAPO journalist more latitude to do investigative reporting. It's clear Republicans in Congress rather pass kidney stones than hold Trump accountable, so it's important to support these newspapers at least until there's sufficient criminal behavior exposed that Congress must act.

Why would Wapo sit on a bombshell like this? It makes no sense.

As someone who works in the media:

Because something like this absolutely, 100 percent, has to be watertight. Just like the Muller investigation. You have to make sure what you've got is legit, do the necessary background research to make sure it lines up with what else has been reported (or if it doesn't, find out why that is the case), etc., not to mention that there's a possibility this story may have uncovered leads on other stories.

Good journalism isn't document dumps and splattering information online ASAP.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.

Because something like this absolutely, 100 percent, has to be watertight. Just like the Muller investigation. You have to make sure what you've got is legit, do the necessary background research to make sure it lines up with what else has been reported (or if it doesn't, find out why that is the case), etc., not to mention that there's a possibility this story may have uncovered leads on other stories.

Really important point a lot of people forget.

I agree, but that poster was claiming the Trump team didn't confirm this because Wapo had this story for months. Well, the Trump team could have confirmed this which is why it was published.

i feel like every thread says this and nothing happens

There's only two things so far that truly seem like "smoking guns" so far imo. This is potentially one of them, while Jr.'s emails are the other. The rest is a lot of evidence and smoke surrounding the guns, but those are the only two "smoking guns" so far, I think. I figure we're likely to find plenty more of 'em as the investigation continues.

However, as has been said before, these things take time.

UberTag

Sessions has sunk his roots into the ground. That's not at all a surprise. Racist will cling to his power until it's pried away from him.

Priebus may walk. But Trump will likely need to throw another half-dozen more "fuck yous" at him after the Scaramucci hiring before he bails.

Bannon just wants to fade into the shadows right now.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I agree, but that poster was claiming the Trump team didn't confirm this because Wapo had this story for months. Well, the Trump team could have confirmed this which is why it was published.

Also, not to be simplistic, reeks of the successful and near-visible trap cards the intelligence community has been either allowing or playing.

Sessions has sunk his roots into the ground. That's not at all a surprise. Racist will cling to his power until it's pried away from him.

Priebus may walk. But Trump will likely need to throw another half-dozen more "fuck yous" at him after the Scaramucci hiring before he bails.

Bannon just wants to fade into the shadows right now.

Trump is now allowing Al Qaeda members to be brought into the US for federal trials in a complete reversal of his campaign promises and a big fuck you to Sessions and the GOP who this is a big deal too especially Sessions who was set to keep them in Guantanamo and not allow them to have the same rights as us criminals. This all happened today.

When you're so racist that you're willing to sell your country out to a foreign power just so you have the chance to screw over black people

Like, chill the fuck out, man. Jesus.

Maybe Sessions refusing to resign means he thinks there's a chance Trump goes down really soon and he's left standing. It's all I can come up with.

Zolo

Maybe Sessions refusing to resign means he thinks there's a chance Trump goes down really soon and he's left standing. It's all I can come up with.

Sessions has the position he's always dreamed of. He's not going to let that go even if a speech of his came out preaching the superiority of the white race.

Sessions has the position he's always dreamed of. He's not going to let that go even if a speech of his came out preaching the superiority of the white race.

Why would someone record him reading the Republican platform aloud?

Oh, and Trump's crazy NYT interview offers a glimmer of hope: the angrier he gets, the more likely he'll fire Sessions.

Sessions has nothing to lose if he refused to quit. The guy has no political career if he's fired. He can't go back to being a senator so he's going to stay there until Trump fires him.

ZOONAMI

What's the point of all these posts talking about who is getting handcuffed? That is simply not going to happen to a President, ever.

Yep pres literally can't be handcuffed unless impeached first, which sadly is extremely unlikely to happen with that fucking shit stain of a US house.

Opto

Banned
How many people does Trump have to fire with suspicious connections to Russian officials before people care?

ShaunBRS

Sessions has nothing to lose if he refused to quit. The guy has no political career if he's fired. He can't go back to being a senator so he's going to stay there until Trump fires him.

If Sessions is on the hook for a felony he's testing the patience of the man who can pardon him.

shiba5

First I thought, good. Sessions will get fired. But then I remembered that Trump always picks the worst people imaginable so I tried to imagine someone worse than Sessions. I came up with Newt Gingrich.
/shudder

Rajack

Rotten. And. Corrupt. At. Every. Level. Fucking throw them all in federal prison. Even the duplicitous republicans in congress that outright supported these asses.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
At this point I think I dislike Sessions more than Trump. Trump is just stupid and crazy. Sessions is purposefully evil, and flaunts it in everyone's face with his fake-as-hell Andy Griffith persona. He is the closest thing to this guy:
7lC4KSU.jpg

I've seen in real life.

At this point I think I dislike Sessions more than Trump. Trump is just stupid and crazy. Sessions is purposefully evil, and flaunts it in everyone's face with his fake-as-hell Andy Griffith persona. He is the closest thing to this guy:
7lC4KSU.jpg

I've seen in real life.
At least he had charisma

hEist

I don't think that Trump is the source of this, but I guess he knew about it, that this story will come while doing the NYT Interview.

It seems like there has been a lot of smoke from fires going on lately.

Everyday seems like the next biggest piece of treasonous information.

Like, I'm numb but every now and then I just look at all this stuff and go wow, look at how much evil fucked up shit keeps piling up.

I will laugh when these clowns are all tried for treason, at this rate it is most of the GOP.

Top Bottom