• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WAPO: Sessions discussed Trump campaign-related matters with Russian ambassador

has anyone noticed that pence seems to be completely MIA?

He put out a statement a week or so ago that was basically "I'm keeping my head down and just trying to get work done keep me out of this" while also saying like literally "oh btw this Russia stuff all happened before I got the job".

antonz

has anyone noticed that pence seems to be completely MIA?

His allies and such have setup a Superpac for him etc. I imagine he is playing the long game and just keeping as much distance as possible. if Trump goes down he wants to be separate.

One of his more recent comments was basically to say X event happened before I was even brought on board so don't look at me.

JettDash

Pence doesn't actually have a job to do unless he needs to break a tie in the Senate. So he should try to stay as far away from Trump as he can.

Tommy DJ

I wonder if the New York Times and Washington post subscriptions have gone up. They just keep delivering

Trump's attack on the media has boosted ratings of all media outlets to astronomical levels. They're loving this from a financial standpoint, which is sort of confusing why MSNBC tried to become Fox News 2.0. People really hate and mistrust Trump.

Trump's attack on the media has boosted ratings of all media outlets to astronomical levels. They're loving this from a financial standpoint, which is sort of confusing why MSNBC tried to become Fox News 2.0. People really hate and mistrust Trump.

Everyone thought we'd have President Hillary, who would have ushered in a new golden age of conservative cable punditry. MSNBC tried to get ahead of the game by hiring some conservative so they could boost their #bothsides cred.

Well, the plan backfired and conservative outlets haven't seen those astronomical ratings.

Moral of the story: these networks exist to garner ratings. Even "liberal" MSNBC will hire conservatives to help their bottom dollar. They provide vapid punditry rather than facts and journalism.

Keep reading newspapers. Stop watching trash cable.

dopplr

Because a lot of the Fox hosts have been getting fired/leaving recently and they figured they could steal the Fox audience vs competing with CNN who has been lighting up the ratings.

DrkSage

@realDonaldTrump:
A new INTELLIGENCE LEAK from the Amazon Washington Post,this time against A.G. Jeff Sessions.These illegal leaks, like Comey's, must stop!

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/888708453560184832
Meanwhile everyone @ the White House
4p6uYDA.gif

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I wonder if the New York Times and Washington post subscriptions have gone up. They just keep delivering

They are. All the supposed 'fake news' outlets are pushing far greater readership, ratings, and subscriber numbers than before. People love watching a train wreck, it's the one success the Trump presidency can actually claim.

RPGCrazied

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

So many people are asking why isn't the A.G. or Special Council looking at the many Hillary Clinton or Comey crimes. 33,000 e-mails deleted?

lol

What is the deal with Republicans and Hillary? She isn't President, yet he is. Its time for him to own up or shut up.

I don't think Sessions gets pushed out. He has too much institutional support in the Executive and Senate, but this is turning out to be a deep(state) ass rabbit hole.

At the moment, I would really like to know whether Trump's lament about Sessions' recusal was in response to WaPo asking for comment before running this story.

I'm wondering if there is a split between the Bannon/Sessions wing and Donny's lawyers. I bet the legal teams and the political teams have widely different views on how Mueller's investigation is shaping up.

Edit: Fuck, the Sentient Weave has bellowed. He must have wrestled the phone from Melania. The right wing really is gonna go whole hog on trying to shift blame to Comey and Mueller, huh?

goodluck.gif

Daria

from day to day i wonder how more embarrassing we can become as a country. Donald Drump seems to raise the bar with every passing day

rokkerkory

Final battle soon folks.

AG quitting or being fired = Trump putting in person thaf will fire Mueller

Trump just appointed acting chief dood who signed off of kushners revised financial disclosures

Senate GOPers okayed manafort and trump jr not to testify in public and at the same time wants to dig into the dossier

These are the true GOPers folks

Sephzilla

Final battle soon folks.

AG quitting or being fired = Trump putting in person thaf will fire Mueller

Trump just appointed acting chief dood who signed off of kushners revised financial disclosures

Senate GOPers okayed manafort and trump jr not to testify in public and at the same time wants to dig into the dossier

These are the true GOPers folks
Since the AG is recused I believe the power to fire Mueller defaults to Rosenstein even if a new AG comes in

I read that tweet as 'this investigation is a waste of time because even if they are guilty I can pardon them, so why bother?'

Which represents a shift for him if I'm not reading it wrong.

Top Bottom