• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Since I've never been around for the release of a new prime warframe, I'm wondering what the in-game availability of Hydroid Prime is expected to be like when he releases. Will he be cash shop or prime access exclusive for a certain amount of time? Will he just start dropping in relics right away like other Primes?

Since I've never been around for the release of a new prime warframe, I'm wondering what the in-game availability of Hydroid Prime is expected to be like when he releases. Will he be cash shop or prime access exclusive for a certain amount of time? Will he just start dropping in relics right away like other Primes?

I know me and my friend were debating of what the next prime was (before it was Oberon) and we came down to Hydroid or Chroma. I'm betting one of these two next. I still need to fucking build Chroma.

When prime access drops, so will the relics for Hydroid prime (unless DE fucks it up again)

Wow. Just restarted playing this game after being overwhelmed liked three years ago (picked Mag back then who apparently isn't good?). Jumped back in because of the twitch prime thing. Playing with a controller still kinda sucks as it's really hard to get a good sprint, slide, roll thing going. It doesn't help that the game doesn't have controller inputs displayed.

I've been watching a beginner's guide on YouTube but there are a lot of things to think about. I'm going to assume it's best to just not worry about stuff so much and just play blue flashing levels. I still haven't left Earth.

Anything I should focus on early game so that I don't miss out?

Playing with a controller still kinda sucks as it's really hard to get a good sprint, slide, roll thing going. It doesn't help that the game doesn't have controller inputs displayed.

You can view and change the controller bindings if you open up XInput Controller in the control settings.

The "Quick Start Guide" in this doc might be useful if you need some more direction.

Calabi

Wow. Just restarted playing this game after being overwhelmed liked three years ago (picked Mag back then who apparently isn't good?). Jumped back in because of the twitch prime thing. Playing with a controller still kinda sucks as it's really hard to get a good sprint, slide, roll thing going. It doesn't help that the game doesn't have controller inputs displayed.

I've been watching a beginner's guide on YouTube but there are a lot of things to think about. I'm going to assume it's best to just not worry about stuff so much and just play blue flashing levels. I still haven't left Earth.

I've changed jump and slide to R1 and L1.

At least Hydroid will have a moment again, then back to irrelevance (unless he is reworked and its enough for him to keep him relevant).

they're going to work him prior to his prime release.

So why is hydroid so bad again?

His kit just doesn't have much going for it. By default his 1 just is a small area gradual knockdown (needs the augment to make it an armor strip), his 2 is an alright wave, 3 is really, really bad in general because it increases drain on enemies absorbed and allies can't shoot enemies absorbed into the puddle (also much better with an augment), and 4 is kind of bad due to randomness of how they'll spawn but again, just doesn't do all that much without the loot-adding augment.

they're going to work him prior to his prime release.

His kit just doesn't have much going for it. By default his 1 just is a small area gradual knockdown (needs the augment to make it an armor strip), his 2 is an alright wave, 3 is really, really bad in general because it increases drain on enemies absorbed and allies can't shoot enemies absorbed into the puddle (also much better with an augment), and 4 is kind of bad due to randomness of how they'll spawn but again, just doesn't do all that much without the loot-adding augment.

I guess we'll see what they have up their sleeves then.

Also iirc they kinda nerfed the looting augment.

VandalD

Mag is fine. Just not the best starter. I will always recommend Excalibur to newbies because he can take a hit better than the others, and he's much, much more of a pain to get if you want to try him out but don't pick him. Mag and Volt are relatively much easier to build yourself.

There's so much to know about the game, it's hard to give a concise list of tips. For now, just try to focus on completing missions and junctions to unlock more planets. But do watch a video about how to mod and upgrade your weapons if you haven't figured it out yourself. It's very important for progression.

So why is hydroid so bad again?
He just sort of lacks a point. He needs his okay-ish augments to do anything worthwhile, as opposed to a frame like Nekros who has fantastic augments all around, but can do things without them. Hydroid's tentacles are really bad at hitting things, and they don't do much damage, and they have to get the kill or be holding an enemy while it dies in order for it to generate more loot, and that's with his augment. Having higher range also weirdly works against him.

I really need to rebuild and make my Pyrana awesome again, especially since they upped the magazine size. Seriously, it desperately needed mag size.

I recently got Hydroid to lv30 but all this negativity on Hydroid is making me think I should delete him and free up the frame slot.

Do the reworks usually solve most of the frame's problems? Should I hold onto to him at least until the rework and see how it pans out?

Rolfgang

I recently got Hydroid to lv30 but all this negativity on Hydroid is making me think I should delete him and free up the frame slot.

Do the reworks usually solve most of the frame's problems? Should I hold onto to him at least until the rework and see how it pans out?

That at least, I would think. You never know how strong he will be after the rework.

VandalD

It varies, but generally the reworks have been quite good. Mag is the only rework I don't think went particularly well. Others would probably say Saryn, but I've never been a big fan of her. Anyways, you could sell him now and if he turns out to be good, you could farm his prime when it eventually releases, which will probably be around the start of next month. Reworks have been coming a little before prime releases.

That at least, I would think. You never know how strong he will be after the rework.

Also hydroid prime is literally around the corner. Dumping regular hydroid wouldn't be the worst thing, as long as you're planning on participating in the Prime grind.

I really need to rebuild and make my Pyrana awesome again, especially since they upped the magazine size. Seriously, it desperately needed mag size.

They gave it damage buffs too.

Also hydroid prime is literally around the corner. Dumping regular hydroid wouldn't be the worst thing, as long as you're planning on participating in the Prime grind.

They gave it damage buffs too.

Pyrana is legit now. I wanted it to be when I put 6 forma in it, but now it really is.

It varies, but generally the reworks have been quite good. Mag is the only rework I don't think went particularly well. Others would probably say Saryn, but I've never been a big fan of her. Anyways, you could sell him now and if he turns out to be good, you could farm his prime when it eventually releases, which will probably be around the start of next month. Reworks have been coming a little before prime releases.

Mag's was ok in that she works with all factions now but people miss her being a true bane to corpus troops.

I think Saryn's been fine (as a now convert of her) even though she's not a nuker with her 4 anymore. Instead is just infecting everyone with toxin effects and it causes her kill counts to be extremely large (though it think that might be a bug).

*shrug*

Cmagus

Mesa is a pretty big grind, getting those Mutilist Vlad V nav coordinates is so hit and miss. So far I've gotten the chassis but gonna need at least 6 more nav coordinates.

Mesa is a pretty big grind, getting those Mutilist Vlad V nav coordinates is so hit and miss. So far I've gotten the chassis but gonna need at least 6 more nav coordinates.

I have 5 I can give you. I would suggest doing ODD for the coordinates rather than hoping they show up in invasion.

Cmagus

I have 5 I can give you. I would suggest doing ODD for the coordinates rather than hoping they show up in invasion.

I've been running the Orokin Survival in the derelict because they have a chance to show up for the 15 minute award. I got 2 within 5 runs and then I got one in the infestation. Thanks for the offer but I'll just grind them out because I'm farming mats anyways and really it's pretty brainless since I'm using my Ember world on fire build so I basically just need to run around for 15 minutes lol. I'm working on getting a stronger build because I'm making my way through the story and I'm finding killing the Oculyst enemies I need to advance, I mean I can but it takes ages and if they're giving me issues further down the road it's only gonna get more difficult.

Started playing today and I did the twitch linky thing but I'm not getting any notifications when I log back into the game.

Do you have to proceed to a certain point before you can get the rewards?

VandalD

Started playing today and I did the twitch linky thing but I'm not getting any notifications when I log back into the game.

Do you have to proceed to a certain point before you can get the rewards?
There's no notification as far as I remember. It just happens. You should have Frost Prime in your arsenal, and the other stuff as well.

I just had the freakiest thing happen.

I was doing a mission with 3 other people in the group and all of a sudden my screen went black but I could still attack and hear sounds.

I took off my headphones and my fans were going crazy and had to force shut down my PC before anything happened.

Looking around online apparently this game maxes out your card always and there's no ingame frame limiter?

The complaints go back as far as 2014 so I don't know why they don't have that in the game already.

I thought my graphics card was going to die.

I just had the freakiest thing happen.

I was doing a mission with 3 other people in the group and all of a sudden my screen went black but I could still attack and hear sounds.

I took off my headphones and my fans were going crazy and had to force shut down my PC before anything happened.

Looking around online apparently this game maxes out your card always and there's no ingame frame limiter?

The complaints go back as far as 2014 so I don't know why they don't have that in the game already.

I thought my graphics card was going to die.
There is a frame limiter. Check your graphics options.

Yeah important to remember is that the game has been worked on quite a bit. Some of those complaints about the game are invalid now and those topics aren't going to be updated.

Although it is weird that the game maxed out your card anyway. I thought there was a limit on by default?

There's no notification as far as I remember. It just happens. You should have Frost Prime in your arsenal, and the other stuff as well.

I guess it takes some time to go through. I'll wait a bit.

There is a frame limiter. Check your graphics options.

Yeah important to remember is that the game has been worked on quite a bit. Some of those complaints about the game are invalid now and those topics aren't going to be updated.

Although it is weird that the game maxed out your card anyway. I thought there was a limit on by default?

Yeah I just realized that I did see this but I couldn't change it.

I realize it's because Vsync was set to Auto without actually being on and you can't use the frame limiter unless it's set to Off.

I started using MSI Afterburner to limit frames but I'll use the ingame one now.

Thanks for the help.

What field of view setting do you use? I feel like nothing seems to please me. Maxed out is too fish eye looking and low is too close when zoomed in.

FeArTriX

I swear if I could by saryn system I would , Chroma is a pain to get and I have everything except the system and I don't want to spend plat to buy him since I am really close of getting him.

Such an annoying frame

ViviOggi

Farming the 15 little potatoes required for Nikana Prime is killing me. I've been doing survivals on Saturn and even with Nekros Prime I never found more than 3 in 30+ min. There has to be a better way...?

Farming the 15 little potatoes required for Nikana Prime is killing me. I've been doing survivals on Saturn and even with Nekros Prime I never found more than 3 in 30+ min. There has to be a better way...?

Ruk maybe. The bosses on planets have a much higher chance of dropping the rare material of that planet. But Ruk is also a pain in the ass to do it. If you're doing survival, make sure you're doing it on the dark sector node.

You could also do Lephantis as his fight is less annoying but the chances of a cell dropping aren't great.

Make sure you're using a weapon that's heavy in slash damage to chop bodies up and give you more reroll chances.

Saprol

Equip Loot Radar and check the random boxes for Cell Arrays? There are special breakables that are guaranteed to be a certain resource. I mostly run around looking for those when farming Argon instead of doing Void defense/survival

ViviOggi

Ruk maybe. The bosses on planets have a much higher chance of dropping the rare material of that planet. But Ruk is also a pain in the ass to do it. If you're doing survival, make sure you're doing it on the dark sector node.

You could also do Lephantis as his fight is less annoying but the chances of a cell dropping aren't great.

Make sure you're using a weapon that's heavy in slash damage to chop bodies up and give you more reroll chances.

Equip Loot Radar and check the random boxes for Cell Arrays? There are special breakables that are guaranteed to be a certain resource. I mostly run around looking for those when farming Argon instead of doing Void defense/survival

These are all good tips. I also read something the other day about the Phorid invasion on Ruk's node, which is in progress right now and has been working out super well for me. He drops a potato on death about 3/4 of the time and there's a pretty good chance you'll find a cell array on the way as well. Nikana Prime is in the oven!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom