• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

frizby

This is a solid response, so I'll just add to it.

The only non prime shotguns I've used and liked are Hek and Sobek. I've heard Hek scales very well into endgame with its augment. Sobek is good fun with its special mod, but it doesn't measure up to the ridiculous power of the better shotguns. I'd go back to the Hek regularly if I didn't opt to go the Vaykor Hek route.

The original Hek actually scales better because of the extra multishot mod. I'm also a huge fan of the Kohm, because it's just silly...but you have to put a fire rate mod on it to make it fun.

Technically, the phage is also a shotty, and it's pretty powerful.

For assault rifles, I like to use Dex Sybaris, which is a burst rifle that you can get for Warframe's anniversary coming up soon. It's burst fire though, not full auto. There are only two automatic "rifles" I use regularly. Quanta, which shoots continuous lasers and has a nice alt fire, is a weapon I used for a long time until I got Quanta Vandal. And then there's Ignis, which is a flamethrower.

I don't really have any non-prime assault rifles that I go back to, but I do get a lot of mileage out of the Tonkor, which is technically an assault rifle and is worth putting some work into IMO.

Sancti Tigris, Tigris Prime or Synoid Simulor are typically in my primary. Synoid Gammacor or Akstiletto Prime are usually in my secondary...occasionally Vaykor Marelok. I don't really care much about melee, but I usually default to Galatine Prime.

I think generally that the Syndicate weapons are the best options for 99.9% of the game, because they'll kill just as efficiently as top tier primes and also have the procs. They'll get slightly outpaced by some primes when enemies are at absurdly high levels.

VariantX

Still not sovereign after 5 days , I will just wait when DE adds more drop rate on that mod.

You'll be waiting a long time. Think about how long ago high noon came out when the first gunblade came out. I've been doing tons and tons of infestation missions for dark sectors for quick cash and tons of eris akkad for exp for quite some time. That mod has yet to drop for me even once. The only reason I have it is through the Lua Spy Vaults. DE just keeps certain mods at absurdly low drop rates for reasons, even years after the weapons have gone out of vogue. There are mods (stances typically) I've resigned myself to never getting, even with farming setups. Farming for war drops from sentients is equally as hard considering its not even a trade weapon, its something you can only get for a quest reward or buying a stalker bundle for a ton of platinum.

You'll be waiting a long time. Think about how long ago high noon came out when the first gunblade came out. I've been doing tons and tons of infestation missions for dark sectors for quick cash and tons of eris akkad for exp for quite some time. That mod has yet to drop for me even once. The only reason I have it is through the Lua Spy Vaults. DE just keeps certain mods at absurdly low drop rates for reasons, even years after the weapons have gone out of vogue. There are mods (stances typically) I've resigned myself to never getting, even with farming setups. Farming for war drops from sentients is equally as hard considering its not even a trade weapon, its something you can only get for a quest reward or buying a stalker bundle for a ton of platinum.

You remind me I still dont get that mod drop from Oculists yet

Speed challenge room puzzle bugged out and I walked to the end and shot the marker. God bless bugs sometimes. I can finally go to sedna and do the dam war within.

After doing three solo hour-long runs of Kuva Fortress survival, I'm convinced Sovereign Outcast doesn't exist.

I did get an extra Crimson Dervish though, so there's that.

As someone who hasn't reached end game content, my focus with extra prime blue prints should be to trade them for ducats right?

Baro sells primed mods and those are the next step up from golds as well as the evolution of all the staples like serration, correct?

After doing three solo hour-long runs of Kuva Fortress survival, I'm convinced Sovereign Outcast doesn't exist.

I did get an extra Crimson Dervish though, so there's that.

I am like 400 sensors alone by farming and like 10 crushing ruins , I think I have enough plastids for a lifetime

As someone who hasn't reached end game content, my focus with extra prime blue prints should be to trade them for ducats right?

Baro sells primed mods and those are the next step up from golds as well as the evolution of all the staples like serration, correct?

Depends on the bp , you can sell some for plat depending of the frame and rarity, commom bps should be sold by ducats. Primed are better than their yellow but it depends alot of your frame like Prime Flow and Primed Duration being not required sometimes and how much credits and endo you have because those mods eats those resources like candies

VandalD

I was thinking about farming Sovereign Outcast, but realized I don't use tonfas anyway. And if I were going to, they're mostly spin-to-win weapons anyway, so the stance doesn't really matter. This plus the fact that it's such a rare drop means I'm not gonna go to the Kuva Fortress specifically to farm it.

Well, not all of the staple mods have primed versions, but Baro does have a number of good mods, though he also has mods that I would argue shouldn't be a priority. For me, it's safe to say that the one thing you'll want to get from Baro as soon as you can is Primed Continuity. I use it on every frame. When I got a new frame and it didn't have a V slot, that would always be my first forma.

Get Sands of Inaros too if you haven't already. Inaros is a great warframe.

Also, console Baro visits are six weeks behind PC. So if you want to know what's coming on Feb 24th so you can plan ahead with your prime BPs and ducats, just find out what Baro brought for PC on Jan 13th.
Primed Regen hype! Anyone? No?

The original Hek actually scales better because of the extra multishot mod. I'm also a huge fan of the Kohm, because it's just silly...but you have to put a fire rate mod on it to make it fun.
I could swear I saw some math that worked out with Vaykor Hek doing more damage, but only if you're using Primed Ravage. Couldn't point that out for you myself though. In any case, they're both damn good shotguns.

I was thinking about farming Sovereign Outcast, but realized I don't use tonfas anyway. And if I were going to, they're mostly spin-to-win weapons anyway, so the stance doesn't really matter. This plus the fact that it's such a rare drop means I'm not gonna go to the Kuva Fortress specifically to farm it.

The Ohma is a destructive status monster and SO has a forced bleed proc hit with the final slash of its attack. Also Gemini is super clunky to use even when under three berserker procs.

frizby

Actually the Hek and Vaykor Hek have nearly the same effectiveness assuming the Hek has its multishot mod. The Vaykor Hek does pull ahead of it assuming a person is using Primed Ravage.

I could swear I saw some math that worked out with Vaykor Hek doing more damage, but only if you're using Primed Ravage. Couldn't point that out for you myself though. In any case, they're both damn good shotguns.

I think it's probably a little bit academic, especially since Tigris hits so much harder than both. But I ran some simulations.

I find that the extra 200% multishot and 100% status on vanilla Hek just slightly outpaces the extra crit from Primed Ravage (which pretty much requires headshots) on the Vaykor. But it's probably a similar situation to Sancti vs Tigris Prime, where the Vaykor's fire rate and clip size make it more usable in 99% of the game.

frizby

Yes, except for those BPs that are vaulted or vaultable (prime access packs)

Yes.

Cracklox

So I learnt something about Chroma yesterday. Don't cast Nehzas warding halo on them.

I was doing a Heiracon run, and we were 15 or so excavators in and not having too much issue. I was trying to keep halos up on everybody, when a message in group chat comes through 'don't cast halo on Chroma'. I apologized and battled on. Now by his wording I thought he meant his effigy which shows as 'Chroma' on screen, not him, otherwise he would have asked 'don't cast halo on me'. Surely... So I cast it on him when it went down again, and then a message in chat shows 'STOP FUCKA'

I just booted it to extraction. Don't wanna play with those sort of folk. Someone else in the party told him to chill to his/her credit though. While I waited I googled Chromas powers (don't have him yet) and sure enough it probably was messing around with his 3rd power. Was typing a message to the group to explain, but they made it back and the group split before I could get it off.

I pug a fair bit, and most people don't say much or if they do, they keep the douchebaggery to a minimum, and its usually pretty friendly and/or helpful, so it caught me of guard a little. Anyway, lesson learnt

Thinking of biting the bullet and buying some plat for even more slots. I'm building so fast and I don't want to be caught in a group without the right frame or type of weapon because I sold it so I could level fucking ash or something. Weapon slots especially. I see so many recruits asking for specific frames I don't have yet and with the primes I have coming down the pipe and my oldies like excel and rhino I want to keep, Im in a bind. On top of that, having to double up on so many melee and secondaries to get the dual wielding variations is super annoying.

Obviously most of you are vets and have every slot available, but can you guys remember at roughly what quantity both frame and weapon, you started to feel comfortable? ie, the balance between your staples, affinity fodder, and primes you put too much effort in getting to throw away.

On a side note, my first riven mod awarded to me by the war within quest requires invisibility kills which I believe demands Loki no? Ofc I don't have him and thus dozens of hours of grinding for his parts and waiting to build away from unveiling. Are most riven requirements that specific? Do they hint at what the final mod will be or just random?

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Riven stats are rng. The challenge has nothing to do with what it'll be.

Loki prime is currently vaulted still though you could probably use ivara or ash too. Or regular loki.

As for slots I have 1 for every frame (I replace primes with their normal frames) and ~40ish for weapons but you can get away with far less. I def don't use at least half of my frames much and even weapons I just have some for weapon specific sorties on the rare times I do them.

I'm general I try to have 3-4 open slots at all times then use double xp weekends to lvl mastery fodder. Or forma stuff though I Def don't do that enough.

Cracklox

As for slots I have 1 for every frame (I replace primes with their normal frames) and ~40ish for weapons but you can get away with far less. I def don't use at least half of my frames much and even weapons I just have some for weapon specific sorties on the rare times I do them.

Yeesh. I have about that many and I'm pretty full at the moment. I wouldn't even have half the weapons in the game too...

Think I'll cull some stuff tomorrow. My main problem flipping weapons, even if I don't like them, is if they're required to make something else it's annoying to have to buy and build them again.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I enjoy the new endless relic runs, but I still don't understand why simple info like which prime parts I own and the Ducat value of each is not readily available when it comes to choosing the prime part I want in relic runs.

It something so simple that would make life a lot easier. Not having that info at hand in the select prime part screen is headscratching.

Oh and Saryn is such a beast of a Frame. The prime variant absolutely wrecks maps.

VandalD

I enjoy the new endless relic runs, but I still don't understand why simple info like which prime parts I own and the Ducat value of each is not readily available when it comes to choosing the prime part I want in relic runs.

It something so simple that would make life a lot easier. Not having that info at hand in the select prime part screen is headscratching.

Oh and Saryn is such a beast of a Frame. The prime variant absolutely wrecks maps.
The number of parts you own when picking your reward is something that you guys should be getting soon. It's in the PC version now. They still don't show ducat values though. It's ridiculous it took them this long to do this one change. It's pretty important to know what you already have when there's a timer counting down on you. It'd also be great to know when someone is using a vaulted relic.

Cracklox

The number of parts you own when picking your reward is something that you guys should be getting soon. It's in the PC version now. They still don't show ducat values though. It's ridiculous it took them this long to do this one change. It's pretty important to know what you already have when there's a timer counting down on you. It'd also be great to know when someone is using a vaulted relic.

Aren't the Ducat values more or less set at 15,45,100 for common, uncommon, rare? Also they're color coded (when they drop at least), so you know when an uncommon or rare has dropped. I do like the idea of knowing how many we have of each part when selecting though. That's definitely needed.

Re auction house, I was all for it, but would it perhaps break the economy a bit, by effectively auto selling everything? I think DE expect you to have to take some time to buy/sell. Maybe expand on Maroo's a little bit. Add a search function with filters etc for who's selling what there. I dunno. The current system is pretty bad though, especially with how fast that chat moves.

VandalD

Aren't the Ducat values more or less set at 15,45,100 for common, uncommon, rare? Also they're color coded (when they drop at least), so you know when an uncommon or rare has dropped. I do like the idea of knowing how many we have of each part when selecting though. That's definitely needed.
This is what I thought, but it's not the case right now. This may just be a PC thing, but I'm seeing parts at in between ducat values too. Braton Prime BP for 25 ducats, Ash Prime Systems for 65 ducats. Not sure if it's a bug.

This is what I thought, but it's not the case right now. This may just be a PC thing, but I'm seeing parts at in between ducat values too. Braton Prime BP for 25 ducats, Ash Prime Systems for 65 ducats. Not sure if it's a bug.

People are theorizing it's because those parts are going to be made uncommon on new relics. The following all were reduced from 100 to 65:

Vectis Prime Stock
Carrier Prime Cerebrum
Kavasa Prime Buckle
Fragor Prime Handle
Ash Prime Systems

Personally I think it's absolutely absurd and pointless.

VandalD

People are theorizing it's because those parts are going to be made uncommon on new relics. The following all were reduced from 100 to 65:

Vectis Prime Stock
Carrier Prime Cerebrum
Kavasa Prime Buckle
Fragor Prime Handle
Ash Prime Systems

I see. Well that's exactly the kind of thing we should expect from DE, I suppose. "Surprise!"

Vectis Prime Stock
Carrier Prime Cerebrum
Kavasa Prime Buckle
Fragor Prime Handle
Ash Prime Systems

What!? wtf

I am so freaking tired of getting formas. I opened 25 relics today to get 16 formas. Ducat farming is killing my desire to play.

Edit: Also while I am complaining I hope somebody got fired for making it so I can go upwards to a full minute without enemies spawning in during a survival void fissure. Three times tonight I was unable to get enough reactant due to not enough enemies spawning in. One time I would have wrote off as a fluke. Three is nonsense.

I am so freaking tired of getting formas. I opened 25 relics today to get 16 formas. Ducat farming is killing my desire to play.

Edit: Also while I am complaining I hope somebody got fired for making it so I can go upwards to a full minute without enemies spawning in during a survival void fissure. Three times tonight I was unable to get enough reactant due to not enough enemies spawning in. One time I would have wrote off as a fluke. Three is nonsense.

You have to kill all the infected guys before advancing , if you let some alive there wont be infected in next areas

Cracklox

Well shit eh

Ya. I've done a grand total of 1 survival fissure. Had the same issue and we were in a group of 4. Went about 20 mins and I don't think I was able to get enough on any wave. And the others had the same problem.

I just wait for defense fissures when I want to play a few relics. Always plenty of reactant around in those

Amon37

You have to kill all the infected guys before advancing , if you let some alive there wont be infected in next areas

Ya generally I find spawn issues in survival occur because either someone is afk or there is an enemy stuck somewhere on the map away from everyone.

Picked up Sweeping Serration and was hoping to finish off my shotgun until I went to try and upgrade my primed point blank ... 40k endo? Are they serious? Is that really something I'm supposed to be able to obtain. I don't believe I've even gotten 40k between all my mods.

I must be doing something wrong.

VandalD

Picked up Sweeping Serration and was hoping to finish off my shotgun until I went to try and upgrade my primed point blank ... 40k endo? Are they serious? Is that really something I'm supposed to be able to obtain. I don't believe I've even gotten 40k between all my mods.

That's just how prime mods are. Ridiculous to max out in exchange for more power. Make sure you're turning your duplicates into endo. That can help a bit. Other than that, lots of Hieracon and sorties would be your primary source of fuel for prime mods. Rathuum is also a good endo source, if you have a specific setup with a squad.

Took me a year to fill up the esential max rank mods , endo simplifies filling them yet you still need to do sorties, Maroo weeklies and hieracon farm for endo

Just a hot tip on Primed mods, the last rank is barely ever worth it to upgrade all the way to. Tick it one from the top and save the final rank for when you've got a stock of credits and Endo you don't know what to do with.

Make sure you're converting your duplicate mods into Endo. Turned about 100k worth out of my stockpile.

Great items from Baro for console today. PC got shafted hard.

I turn all my dupes into endo at the end of the week and only ever get about 1,500 endo. I guess I will need to do sorties. I tried a few times but the random groups didn't work out and I lost the interest in trying again.

Also yeah, Baro seemed to have a decent mod selection this week but I can't afford it all. I've spent all my relics and could only manage enough ducat for 2. So I took Sweeping Serration and Buzz Kill. Seemed the most useful to the weapons I use.

Error

Mother of fuck, some guy disconnected at the last minute and I lost my radiant Axi N3 relic and didnt get the reward. Fucking prick.

I'm never joining other people's party for radiant relic runs. Gonna host them from now on.

Trying to play on a base ps4, but the framerate is atrocious... I think I might shelve this and wait till my next PC build (especially considering I can't migrate progress), but I'm curious: does the Ps4 pro provide any kind of meaningful boost here?

I'm dropping into sub 30 far too often for this to be fun.
I stopped playing the ps4 version because of how bad the framerate was. I built a pc and it runs like a dream locked 60fps and it never drops unless you are on a busy relay.

The game also looks amazing. Warframe is too reliant on a good CPU, sadly consoles CPU is trash so the game struggles massively on big maps like Earth, Ceres, Europa and The Void. Usually defense missions run well but that's due to the maps in those missons being pretty small.

Only con of the pc version is that it's more prone to bugs and glitches.

Tabby

Mother of fuck, some guy disconnected at the last minute and I lost my radiant Axi N3 relic and didnt get the reward. Fucking prick.

I'm never joining other people's party for radiant relic runs. Gonna host them from now on.

Almost happened to me too today, pretending to carry on with the next wave with you and then leave at the last second. I hate that shit.
Only thing you can do is to get ready to press the leave button and play with friends/people you know.

I hate trying to get Axi relics, no one ever seems to want to stay for longer than A rotation.

Error

War Within has an Archwing section? :groans

I need to farm the basic relics for Archwing, but it's such a drag doing so.

Almost happened to me too today, pretending to carry on with the next wave with you and then leave at the last second. I hate that shit.
Only thing you can do is to get ready to press the leave button and play with friends/people you know.

I hate trying to get Axi relics, no one ever seems to want to stay for longer than A rotation.
I don't even get why he quit at the last minute, if I lost my relic pretty sure he did too. One of the rewards was Volt Prime BP, the other were prime junk but still no need to disconnect just to fuck the rest over.

I don't even get why he quit at the last minute, if I lost my relic pretty sure he did too. One of the rewards was Volt Prime BP, the other were prime junk but still no need to disconnect just to fuck the rest over.

Might have been a glitch or network issue? I had to abort a mission before because my whole UI froze and locked between rounds.

Cracklox

Sorta spoiler for War Within
You don't actually have to fight anything with it though. Just used for traversal

You also get a few of the basic mods from 1 of the junctions, Jupiter I think

Might have been a glitch or network issue? I had to abort a mission before because my whole UI froze and locked between rounds.

Yeah there's been a problem lately with host migrations in matches. I've had the same thing happen numerous times, after the host decides he doesn't want to continue, you load back in and are completely frozen. I'd say in the last month or so, more often then not it fails. Pretty fucking annoying. It never used to be an issue as well.

Although every time its happened on fissure runs, I've still got the rewards for any rotations that we completed, but you lose out on everything else you collect during the mission.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah matchmaking has been borked for years. I remember it used to fuck with the data cache you carry too. One time ~1 1/2 years ago was doing a MD alert. G3 came, one actually dropped the freaking barrel but host left and the rest of us couldn't pick up the data mass ;_;. Still haven't seen another barrel with almost 45 kills now. I also at least 2-3 times a day have the glitch where it either tries to load you into an already full squad or connects too fast and I'm stuck with 2-3 ppl but no destination and none of us can select one. So I have to exit squad and either go to the dojo/relay or go solo leave navigation menu, come back turn it back to public and try again. Assuming it even works the first time. Sometimes takes 3+ attempts to fix. Some ppl also have issues selecting relics either getting stuck in the chat tab or not being able to select relic forcing them to leave and rejoin, adding more time to get items.

This game is a mess lol

On the topic of glitches I finally got around to the Glast Gambit today and every single time I started a round in the Index I was locked into some weird state where it was treating me like I was holding down R1. I had to go into control options at the start of each round in order to resolve the issue. It has happened a few times before but never as consistency as this.

It was quite annoying.

As for other commentary... The app for phones is more useful for deploying extractors than doing it in-game. It actually shows you what each planet's resources are on a single screen so I don't have to select each planet to check. Really should transition that into the game itself. Foundry is also pretty convenient.

Top Bottom