• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Amon37

Baro's stock this week seems incredibly lackluster but maybe I'm underestimating it. Is Primed reach/heated charge/ravage or the Prisma Gorgon any good?

Primed ravage is a must, any mod that increases base damage is like primed pressure point. Primed heated charge if your looking to max out certain builds. I have primed reach but don't usually use it. Prisma Gorgon for mastery and collectable aspect.

Baro's stock this week seems incredibly lackluster but maybe I'm underestimating it. Is Primed reach/heated charge/ravage or the Prisma Gorgon any good?

All three are good. Primed Reach can make stupid range with some weapons, notably the Atterax, Zenistar, and Telos Boltace. Heated charge is a huge boost in damage for secondaries if you want extra damage. The Prisma is a straight upgrade on the regular Gorgon and makes it endgame viable, although personally I would rather use the Soma Prime if I want a primary bullet hose. No denying that it makes for excellent Fashion frame though.

Get Primed Ravage if you have the Vaykor Hek.

I don't really have a viable means to farm a lot of duats so I guess I'm just stingy with them. So far I've only gotten Primed Pressure Point, Primed Point Blank, and a Prisma Skana. Next to those the current offering didn't inspire any need.

I think I'll save the few hundred I have for when there's a primed frame mod.

VandalD

Reddit says acolytes are up for all platforms, but I can only confirm that Angst is up for PC right now. If you need mods like Maiming Strike or Weeping Wounds, this weekend might be your only opportunity to get them for a long time. Sorry if this is a false alarm for you guys.

It's on PS4 also. I just saw it and was curious to what it is. Currently at 93.6%. Is the wikia out of date? Because Maiming Strike is listed as a drop from Misery and Violence.

Edit: I take it you're not meant to solo this thing? I just spent 10 minutes whacking at it and maybe got a sliver off its health. I just aborted because I don't have multiple hours to spend fighting a single thing.

VandalD

It's on PS4 also. I just saw it and was curious to what it is. Currently at 93.6%. Is the wikia out of date? Because Maiming Strike is listed as a drop from Misery and Violence.
Misery drops everything acolytes can drop, while Maiming Strike is one of the few mods in Violence's drop table.

Edit: I take it you're not meant to solo this thing? I just spent 10 minutes whacking at it and maybe got a sliver off its health. I just aborted because I don't have multiple hours to spend fighting a single thing.

The "health" belongs to a global health pool that depletes as everyone playing fights it. You do a certain amount of damage and it'll disappear just like the Stalker does, dropping the mod. Ignore the health bar, it means nothing, just keep wailing on it until it goes away.

Primed ravage is a must, any mod that increases base damage is like primed pressure point. Primed heated charge if your looking to max out certain builds. I have primed reach but don't usually use it. Prisma Gorgon for mastery and collectable aspect.

That mod would do wonders on Boar prime, if only I have enough endo

The "health" belongs to a global health pool that depletes as everyone playing fights it. You do a certain amount of damage and it'll disappear just like the Stalker does, dropping the mod. Ignore the health bar, it means nothing, just keep wailing on it until it goes away.

Oh. That would have been nice to know before I aborted. I haven't actually ever beat a stalker because it only shows up when I'm leveling some fodder.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Ewww wtf did they do to snow globe? Looks like a cheap ball of plastic wrap now :(

Also goddamn I keep hitting x to run lol. Too much ni-oh.

I see the Acolyte is Malice now. Is that the second? Or did I miss one because of work/sleep?

Edit: Follow up question - How often are these acolyte things?

Amon37

I see the Acolyte is Malice now. Is that the second? Or did I miss one because of work/sleep?

I forget the order they do them in. I think this is the second or third time they have done acolytes since the original event.

VandalD

Don't know if there's a set order of appearance, but Malice is the second one to appear this time. I remember seeing 2 or even 3 acolytes up at once in the previous time they appeared.

Oh so sounds like they spawn to a timer and not after the previous was killed? That's better. I was thinking I was going to miss a few because I work 12 hour shifts this weekend.

VandalD

Yeah, looks like a timer. I expect Mania, Torment, and Violence will be found and defeated a lot faster than Angst and Malice. Those three have the best mods.

In other news Sovereign outcast is freaking rare, rarer than Tranquil , I can make a big house made of neural sensors due intense farming. Good thing I am about to max out a third syndicate

Anyone know if there's way to check Simaris rep without having to go to a relay? My Google-fu is proving weak

Check profile:

xSqV0MC.jpg

I have been reading the acolyte mods incorrectly. When they say "critical damage while aiming for 9 seconds" I thought it meant I had to hold the aim button for 9 seconds.

Zakalwe

Banned
Trying to play on a base ps4, but the framerate is atrocious... I think I might shelve this and wait till my next PC build (especially considering I can't migrate progress), but I'm curious: does the Ps4 pro provide any kind of meaningful boost here?

I'm dropping into sub 30 far too often for this to be fun.

frizby

Trying to play on a base ps4, but the framerate is atrocious... I think I might shelve this and wait till my next PC build (especially considering I can't migrate progress), but I'm curious: does the Ps4 pro provide any kind of meaningful boost here?

I'm dropping into sub 30 far too often for this to be fun.

I think any framerate issues are almost always due to host lag rather than local hardware.

Zakalwe

Banned
I think any framerate issues are almost always due to host lag rather than local hardware.

Doesn't seem so in my experience. It gets worse with more players, but even solo the frames drop remarkably when a lot is happening on screen, and even at times when there's hardly anything happening...

I honestly can't see how people are enjoying this on base ps4, especially in a group. :/

Real shame as the game looks great with all the updates I've missed.

frizby

Doesn't seem so in my experience. It gets worse with more players, but even solo the frames drop remarkably when a lot is happening on screen, and even at times when there's hardly anything happening...

I honestly can't see how people are enjoying this on base ps4, especially in a group. :/

Real shame as the game looks great with all the updates I've missed.

I don't know how much it helps, but I do turn off most of the graphics options, because most of them make the game look worse and enemies harder to see. But I'm also not super susceptible to framerate dips until they're well under 30.

Zakalwe

Banned
I don't know how much it helps, but I do turn off most of the graphics options, because most of them make the game look worse and enemies harder to see. But I'm also not super susceptible to framerate dips until they're well under 30.

I tried, but it doesn't really do much. :(

EDIT: so, i just booted it up again and it seems to be running much better... perhaps it needed a reset for some of the graphic options to turn off?

Who knows, but this is much better for now... :)

EDIT 2: Damn it... nope. It's still all over the place. Just launched a new mission on one of the forest maps and as soon as I leave heavily enclosed space the frame rate tanks. Oh well. :(

Can somebody confirm I am not going crazy but were we always able to switch to the non-prime skins of frames while using the primed one? I recall a few weeks ago I was trying to hold onto even the non-primed versions because I sometimes preferred the look to the primed one and wanted the ability to just putz around in it. Eventually though I needed the space and tossed them. Now I was looking at some of my frames and am apparently able to switch to the non-prime skin.

Tabby

Can somebody confirm I am not going crazy but were we always able to switch to the non-prime skins of frames while using the primed one? I recall a few weeks ago I was trying to hold onto even the non-primed versions because I sometimes preferred the look to the primed one and wanted the ability to just putz around in it. Eventually though I needed the space and tossed them. Now I was looking at some of my frames and am apparently able to switch to the non-prime skin.

I believe that was added in the most recent patch.

Yep, latest patch. Really great change, it makes a huge difference for Tennogen stuff and looks better for some Warframes. Notably Loki, I just don't like the giant elbow blades on his prime.

Is the gaf ps4 clan active?

I have so many questions and the nice guy I traded with a few days ago invited me to his and it's basically dead.

It already feels so overwhelming and I feel like I need a hand. Especially now that I'm at Pluto.

Joining the gaf FF14 guild changed my perception of the game and kept me playing. I'm hoping the same will happen here.

Is the gaf ps4 clan active?

I have so many questions and the nice guy I traded with a few days ago invited me to his and it's basically dead.

It already feels so overwhelming and I feel like I need a hand. Especially now that I'm at Pluto.

Joining the gaf FF14 guild changed my perception of the game and kept me playing. I'm hoping the same will happen here.

Yes the clan is pretty active, and you can get frizby or someone to invite you later on. shoot any questions here and I'm sure someone more knowledgeable on the subject will be able to answer your questions. remember to post your PSN name here.

In any case, let me ask you something first. what frames you have and what weapon you using? need any mods? need help farming part for whatever?

VariantX

I tried, but it doesn't really do much. :(

EDIT: so, i just booted it up again and it seems to be running much better... perhaps it needed a reset for some of the graphic options to turn off?

Who knows, but this is much better for now... :)

EDIT 2: Damn it... nope. It's still all over the place. Just launched a new mission on one of the forest maps and as soon as I leave heavily enclosed space the frame rate tanks. Oh well. :(

Well good news is that all the tiles are being reworked again to not only look better but have better performance overall, the Forest tileset is up next for these improvements.

Cracklox

Does anyone have a spare Gleaming Talon or Astral Twilight stance mod they'd be happy to part with/trade for?

I'm digging Orvius and wanna mess around with it, but somehow I've never had a Gleaming Talon drop from all those sapping and leech ospreys carcasses

Yes the clan is pretty active, and you can get frizby or someone to invite you later on. shoot any questions here and I'm sure someone more knowledgeable on the subject will be able to answer your questions. remember to post your PSN name here.

In any case, let me ask you something first. what frames you have and what weapon you using? need any mods? need help farming part for whatever?

Right now my main frame for anything challenging is a nyx prime. I also managed to snag a burson prime after really loving the original.

As far as mods go, I have no real idea what I need. I have the basics covered like shield, regen, health, serration etc maxed and just plug more good stuff in as I go to try to have some synergy. It's overwhelming a bit to see lists of mods because there are so many I haven't even seen or know how to get. Every one is hot on riven or corrupted stuff, but I only have a vague idea of where to even attempt to get that stuff from scanning countless wiki pages.

That is where I hope to get some help, aside from help getting through the final 2 planets that I so rarely find open parties for. I need to actually see stuff like sorties, vaults, and lors? (What ever that is) before I feel comfortable joining any parties (before they kick me for only being MR 9 I bet).

I do need a ton of regular mode parts to build stuff for affinity but I guess that's a long term tbing. As far as prime relic stuff I am at least grateful that is content I can easily recruit tab for. So far I'm close to finishing 3 different prime stuff which I'm super excited for even if the 3 layers of RNG make it rough. I went from almost pulling the trigger on buying a trinity prime set to having 3/4 parts ready to go in a day which felt great.

I find it fascinating how addicted to the game I've become. I have put a disgusting amount of hours into it this week alone and I can see that continuing if I can just overcome the content hurdle/feeling of I am always missing out on something or could be doing something better with my time. That should all disappear after clearing and coming to grips with content I suppose.

Anyway, sorry for the long post.

My psn I'd is Gamer_at_Heart. I would love an invite when the leader is able.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Vaults are where you get corrupted mods in the derelict. Need a certain key to open.

LOR is the raid (trials they're called) for arcanes, stats or procs etc. I dunno I'm mr23 and never done one. Not really needed.

Generally you want more mods that effects you powers (strength, range etc) over increases to your frames stats. Health is overall maybe a Lil better than shields but play to the frames strengths.

Rivens are more of an endgame rng hunt. Sorties reward. To do them you got to do all the quest first.

So just worry about finishing all the planets/junctions, finish the quests and work on normal/prime gear as you go. I'd recommend doing pub void fissures if you're not specifically looking for something as you get 1 or 2 ppl with random radiant relics fairly often.

Also if you want to join the clan you'll have to leave the current one first if you haven't already.

Cracklox

I went from almost pulling the trigger on buying a trinity prime set to having 3/4 parts ready to go in a day which felt great.

Good call there. Trinity is prob the easiest Prime to farm for. None of her pieces are considered rare. Wait till you want to focus on Vauban Prime. Every single piece is rare, and then you need a healthy amount of Nitain (special resource which has an alert 3-4 times a day) to put it together.

Oh and don't worry about being kicked over your MR rank. Especially in star chart stuff. I play alot of PUGs and don't think its ever happened to me. The closest was people acting to continue in defense and then at the last second, all bailing, because they didn't like my Slow Nova. But that's more over a playstyle sort of thing. I'm not even sure you CAN kick from a party now I think about it too.

frizby

My psn I'd is Gamer_at_Heart. I would love an invite when the leader is able.

I'll send you a clan invite in the next hour or so. Edit: as noted below, you'll have to leave your current clan first. Communication > Clan > Click your name

You can also send me a PSN friend invite if you'd like and jump in whatever party chat I'm in or start one and invite me any time I'm on. I can talk you through a lot of the systems in the game and help you prioritize. My PSN is the same as here.

Wowbagger

Holy shit, this is huge! Was bumming me out how the inevitable Mesa Prime would ruin my badass look.

Good call there. Trinity is prob the easiest Prime to farm for. None of her pieces are considered rare. Wait till you want to focus on Vauban Prime. Every single piece is rare, and then you need a healthy amount of Nitain (special resource which has an alert 3-4 times a day) to put it together.

Oh and don't worry about being kicked over your MR rank. Especially in star chart stuff. I play alot of PUGs and don't think its ever happened to me. The closest was people acting to continue in defense and then at the last second, all bailing, because they didn't like my Slow Nova. But that's more over a playstyle sort of thing. I'm not even sure you CAN kick from a party now I think about it too.

OH MAN. I picked Vauban as my next prime because rhino was crazy expensive and I thought VP looked really cool (and also really valuable in defense stuff but thats secondary to looks). I bought the set for what I felt like was a great deal, which was true. I haven't seen anyone come close to the price I paid in days. Good lord I did not know what I was in for. I downloaded the alert app and have collected 9/10 last nitain alerts possible and spent hours grinding oxium. Making it require 7000 of a drop that only comes from one enemy who suicide bombs constantly is crazy, but I have everything now except the extract. But now I am so close. My biggest pain will be knowing when I'm done I will have to wait 3.5 damn days after the last part to get him ; ;

I'll send you a clan invite in the next hour or so. Edit: as noted below, you'll have to leave your current clan first. Communication > Clan > Click your name

You can also send me a PSN friend invite if you'd like and jump in whatever party chat I'm in or start one and invite me any time I'm on. I can talk you through a lot of the systems in the game and help you prioritize. My PSN is the same as here.

I'm out of the clan and ready for invite. Friend request sent

After throwing away 2 pistols I later realized I would need for the double secondary variation for mastery, I realized that at the rate I'm turning over weapons to sell I should really find ouch which of them are actually decent enough to stick around.

What are people's favorite early to mid guns that you find yourself periodically going back to that aren't prime? Particularly shot guns or assault rifles. I love love love the burston but I know I'm going to want a full auto contender down the line.

What are people's favorite early to mid guns that you find yourself periodically going back to that aren't prime? Particularly shot guns or assault rifles. I live love love the question but I know I'm going to want a full auto contender down the line.

Boltor is solid, tigris.

Limbo changes look

My concern is that it's clearly not just a dash or something, so what is his void dash mapped to? Also I do hope they make it cost zero energy to do so. If everything works right...

VandalD

What are people's favorite early to mid guns that you find yourself periodically going back to that aren't prime? Particularly shot guns or assault rifles. I live love love the question but I know I'm going to want a full auto contender down the line.
The only non prime shotguns I've used and liked are Hek and Sobek. I've heard Hek scales very well into endgame with its augment. Sobek is good fun with its special mod, but it doesn't measure up to the ridiculous power of the better shotguns. I'd go back to the Hek regularly if I didn't opt to go the Vaykor Hek route.

For assault rifles, I like to use Dex Sybaris, which is a burst rifle that you can get for Warframe's anniversary coming up soon. It's burst fire though, not full auto. There are only two automatic "rifles" I use regularly. Quanta, which shoots continuous lasers and has a nice alt fire, is a weapon I used for a long time until I got Quanta Vandal. And then there's Ignis, which is a flamethrower.

My primary slot is typically dominated by Vaykor Hek, one of the Tigris variants, or Rakta Cernos. Dex Sybaris gets pulled out every now and then, or when there's an assault rifle only sortie. I use Ignis for syndicate medallion hunts, since it's great at hitting containers to clear up the minimap with Thief's Wit for medallion pickups.
My concern is that it's clearly not just a dash or something, so what is his void dash mapped to? Also I do hope they make it cost zero energy to do so. If everything works right...
Rolling as Limbo will instead do the void dash.

Top Bottom