• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000 |OT| In the Grim Darkness of the Community Forum There Is Only War

Someone got a hold of the new Chaos Space Marine codex and there is a lore bit in it that is interesting. It seems that Fabius Bile is going after the Primaris Marines and make his own version of them.

HariKari

These dudes have forge worlds and chaos magic and they decided to rip off the Imperium? They just suck at making new things.

I mean, Primaris is just shorthand for bigger and better. I'm sure GW wants to transition Chaos to truescale as well, eventually. They can come up with a fluff reason, and it'll probably be better than "hey we had these guys stashed in a closet somewhere, you want em?"

EYEL1NER

Fabius is gonna be mucking around with Primaris geneseed? Well of course he is, I don't know who wouldn't have seen that coming. That's what Fabulous Bill does, he gets in the mix and ruins everyone's plans. Chaos will get Primaris marines for sure.

barik

I don't see why they wouldn't just release a full line of chaos marines in the style of the Dark Vengeance models:

Warhammer-40k-Chaos-Chosen.jpg

Make them multi-pose, maybe make them slightly taller to account for scale creep, and everyone's golden.

Nazo

I don't see why they wouldn't just release a full line of chaos marines in the style of the Dark Vengeance models:

Warhammer-40k-Chaos-Chosen.jpg

Make them multi-pose, maybe make them slightly taller to account for scale creep, and everyone's golden.

We'll probably get similar models once GW gets around to fleshing out the World Eaters.

BOOM!
Necromunda Is Back!

It's been more than a decade since we last visited the Underhive, but very soon you'll be able to battle it out in the depths of Hive Primus.

If you're new to the hobby, you may not be familiar with Necromunda – or perhaps you've only heard about it from the fond memories of other hobbyists. Necromunda dives into the underworld of the Imperium, allowing players to control their own Hive Gang – a pack of ruthless criminal killers augmented with black-market cybernetics, gene modifications and scavenged weaponry. Where Warhammer 40,000 puts you at the head of an army, in Necromunda, the scale is much smaller but the action is just as intense – every single Ganger counts.

Necro-CoverImage74cce.jpg

Between intense skirmish battles, your gang will grow from a pack of battle-hungry Juves to a feared and respected syndicate of hardened veterans. To get there, however, you'll have to battle against your fellow players, each with a gang of their own.

The Underhive is a big place, and the gangs that inhabit it are as diverse as the alien races that inhabit the 41st Millennium. We're launching Necromunda with two classics.

Gangs from House Escher are fast, deadly, and cruel. While lightly armoured, these cunning warrior women hold their own in melee combat, while at range, they are notorious for their use of armour-melting plasma weaponry.

FW-OpenDay-Nec1jrtsx.jpg
FW-OpenDay-Nec4lxqd.jpg

The gangers of House Goliath are a living testament to brawn over brains. Every member of House Goliath is a slab of vat-grown muscle, armed and armoured with repurposed industrial gear.

FW-OpenDay-Nec3lrx.jpg
FW-OpenDay-Nec2jrx.jpg

What makes these miniatures even better is that they'll be available in multi-part, plastic kits – so easy to assemble, customise and paint into a gang of your own.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

Plastics too! Woohoo! :D

EYEL1NER

Both of those houses look cool. I imagine SillyEskimo is gonna be all over that.
Pretty cool that Necromunda is coming back though.

Necromunda Underhive infos from the event:
- It's currently scheduled for release this November
- They've been working on it since March 2016
- Escher and Goliath gangs in the box at launch
- All old gangs being redone in plastic and releasing within 12 months
- 4 gangs done already
- After old gangs and Outlanders are done, they're making new gangs
- New stuff based on John Blanche's original sketch book
- Rules loosely based on 8th but with expanded mechanics
- More skill tables including leader and trade skills
- Alternate activation not 'you go, I go'
- Leaders and heavies can group activate, Frostgrave style
- Juves on their own may bottle it
- Intelligence, Willpower and Cool stats from Rogue Trader return
- Full campaign
Necromunda bases:

Putting Escher vs Goliath in the initial box set, that's really smart. They're opposite ends of the spectrum and the closest thing to a true rivalry in the game.

I have put a lot of time, effort, and money into Shadow War so I will not be buying this at the start. I had no idea this was in the pipeline or else I would have waited. I wonder how different the rules will be? Will it be compatible with Shadow War? It should be, because the Shadow War rules are straight from the original Necromunda.

The minis look great and I am really looking forward to reading more about it. I'm just a little shocked that it follows so close on the heals of Shadow War.

EDIT: All the gangs? Fuck that's what I needed to hear. I was thinking they would do a Blood Bowl and release 4-5 teams and then hand over the rest to legacy minis and Forge World to flesh out. This game has my full attention.

Mikeside

Putting Escher vs Goliath in the initial box set, that's really smart. They're opposite ends of the spectrum and the closest thing to a true rivalry in the game.

I have put a lot of time, effort, and money into Shadow War so I will not be buying this at the start. I had no idea this was in the pipeline or else I would have waited. I wonder how different the rules will be? Will it be compatible with Shadow War? It should be, because the Shadow War rules are straight from the original Necromunda.

The minis look great and I am really looking forward to reading more about it. I'm just a little shocked that it follows so close on the heals of Shadow War.

EDIT: All the gangs? Fuck that's what I needed to hear. I was thinking they would do a Blood Bowl and release 4-5 teams and then hand over the rest to legacy minis and Forge World to flesh out. This game has my full attention.

I'm really hoping this has a lot more depth than Shadow War, which seemed fun at first, but got boring after just a few games. It's 40k lite at a time where they've just made proper 40k simpler and easier to play than ever. I don't see why Shadow War exists when 8th edition does too.

Necromunda with some real thick campaign stuff could be glorious.

Maledict

I used to play Spyre Hunters in our Necromunda campaign. Loved the hi-tech feel, although they felt utterly broken because lots of missions started with your troops in close range to each other and the Spyre Hunters would *mince* other gang members one on one.

I'm really hoping this has a lot more depth than Shadow War, which seemed fun at first, but got boring after just a few games. It's 40k lite at a time where they've just made proper 40k simpler and easier to play than ever. I don't see why Shadow War exists when 8th edition does too.

Necromunda with some real thick campaign stuff could be glorious.

As a stand alone, I could see your point. However, one of the first things we did was integrate a ton of Necromunda's heavier campaign mechanics. One of my absolute favorite thing about these old GW games, and what keeps me excited about these new editions, is they are open books for narrative play and house ruling scenarios. Shadow War is a fantastic way to play cool homebrew games on a small scale. Also, the hobbiest in me just wants one gang from every faction to paint up and display!

Mikeside

As a stand alone, I could see your point. However, one of the first things we did was integrate a ton of Necromunda's heavier campaign mechanics. One of my absolute favorite thing about these old GW games, and what keeps me excited about these new editions, is they are open books for narrative play and house ruling scenarios. Shadow War is a fantastic way to play cool homebrew games on a small scale. Also, the hobbiest in me just wants one gang from every faction to paint up and display!

Yeah I'm with you on everything here - I guess the excitement of 8th & new armies just took the shine out of what could be done with Shadow War.

I know one of the guys in our group wants to combine stuff from Infinity, Shadow War and Necromunda into a cool overarching campaign.

Couple of other little snippets from Andy Hoare at the Open Day: Adeptus Titanicus minis will be plastic (coming 2018) and they're currently thinking about Battlefleet Gothic too.

Yeah I'm with you on everything here - I guess the excitement of 8th & new armies just took the shine out of what could be done with Shadow War.

I know one of the guys in our group wants to combine stuff from Infinity, Shadow War and Necromunda into a cool overarching campaign.

Long campaigns are the absolute best. Drawing up a massive campaign that starts with Battlefleet Gothic, to Epic, to a single battle from 40k, and down to a squad from Shadow War would be super fun and satisfying. My choice would be a massive Tyranid invasion. That way you could even add in some Space Hulk and Kill Team games!

Escher <3

Long ago when Sisters could induct guard, I bought something like 60 or 70 Escher models to use as inducted guard. I NEED those models

Leunam

Necromunda, my god.

It's going to be very tempting to pick this up on release but I've gotta hold out until I can get Delaque and Cawdor.

Gratz to GW for painting that Goliath as a black dude. I think that's the second one I've ever seen them do. The first being the Warpriest from Silver Tower. And no, Salamanders do not count.

Painting wise, painting black skin is always an interesting change of pace.

barik

This is, genuinely, one of the highlights of my year. Which either means that my life is very boring, or that I really fucking love Necromunda. I also love that Escher is one of the starting gangs too. Really hope they get to all the gangs eventually, I think Cawdor are a given but I'd love to see Scavvy and Ash Waste Gangers as well.

This is, genuinely, one of the highlights of my year. Which either means that my life is very boring, or that I really fucking love Necromunda. I also love that Escher is one of the starting gangs too. Really hope they get to all the gangs eventually, I think Cawdor are a given but I'd love to see Scavvy and Ash Waste Gangers as well.

They've said they want to cover all the original gangs so Scavvies are almost certainly in. Nomads might be a bit of a stretch though. They did said they wanted to look at Hive Secundus so that would be an excellent opportunity to bring in the Nomads. Will be surprised if the don't bring in Enforcers too despite them not being in the original book or Outlanders.

Nazo

Really happy to hear about Necromunda! What great news to wake up to! Though it makes me wonder what GW will do with Shadow War now? Will it go by the way side or will it stay?

Either way, I'm looking forward to getting some of those Goliath gangers!

I can't wait to see new Redemptionist models. And Ratskins, Skavvies, Pit Slaves, Enforcers...the list goes on!

And who can forget the hired bounty hunters or unique characters? There was a whole slew of underhive creatures released too. Hell, they even had a necromancer type guy who controlled zombies. Give them all to me GW!

Ohnonono

So these are not done quite yet, and they are my first group painting ever. 14 Death Guard. Have been working on them on and off for about a week. Doing kind of a Blanchy thing. I go through waves of loving and hating them, lol!

http://imgur.com/a/Eup5O

well here is a link, cant get the image to post.

Also its a totally rando picture. I will maybe get out a light box when I am done.

Eup5O

Ohnonono

Not only is the paint job really great...those are some of the best put together models I have ever seen. Whomever cut out and glued those together has some real skill unlike anything I've ever witnessed.

Thanks! GW stuff usually fits together great. I for sure miss mold lines and stuff though. Appreciate it!

the forgeworld space wolf showcased at the open day was horrible. christ, forgeworld makes shit space wolf figures and units. It's apparent they hate them by the lore they've written.

Wouldn't be surprised if it gets Redmawed. He really does look rubbish.

just read this.

looks like its not going away, my god its awful

Had a cracking chat with Rob Mac - all of the Wolves gear is now complete. They're getting

5 - yes FIVE - upgrades for Grey Slayers all told including all the lovely Norse flavoured weapons you'd expect plus a wedge of heads - none of which have helms, they're all bare of have the tribal knotwork leather masks on described in Prospero Burns

Varangyr - the lone one who was permitted for display is a good indicator of what to expect, they'll be a fully resin kit, they looked at a Cataphractii upgrade set but by the end none of the plastic parts were getting used so full resin was the decision.

Deathsworn - not much to reveal here, there'll be plenty of options but no word on if it's resin or an upgrade to plastics

Red-blade - he's getting his own model seeing as Fel-hand is already in plastic and it gives the Wolves a character series one in the same way of Amon of the TS

A VI Legion specific Praetor

All of these will likely appear over the next couple of months through the community feeds since I don't believe there's another FW attended event now before the HH weekender in Feb

Leunam

Upgraded my phone to an S8 so now taking pictures of minis is way easier. Bonus shot of my workspace. What you can't see is tons of paints, a box of tools, and unopened boxes and uncut spruesright above.

Can't believe I didn't notice until now that the plug on the second guys chest isn't painted brass. Guess they're not so finished after all.

lawnchair

Banned
dag i would love to play some new necromunda. too bad i have no friends who feel the same. maybe i'll buy it anyway and just rub the rulebooks against my skin.

edit: speaking of rulebooks .. does GW still make nice big paper rulebooks? i haven't purchased one of these games since the late 90s. wouldn't surprise me if it's just like "download this PDF now!" these days ..

Top Bottom