• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000 |OT| In the Grim Darkness of the Community Forum There Is Only War

thanks Shadow, I know you got mad earlier when i said Draigo was the biggest mary sue in 40k.

I think alot of it doesn't have to do solely with power, i mean their is obviously characters more powerful than him, but i think alot of it has to do with him having no weaknesses

like the primarchs are more powerful than him, but they have flaws, kinks in their armor

Draigo just literally spends vacation time in the Warp without being effected facing countless hordes of daemons without breaking a sweat

If Star Wars is about the good son taking on the corrupted father

can Warhammer 40k be seen as the good father taking down the corrupted son

Fullview_emperor-horus.jpg

Played another 2v2 last night. Since I like to build bookcases, chests, etc. in my spare time, I have a lot of wood lying around. For our fighting area, we plopped a big thing of plywood about 6 feet long, 4 wide, onto my kitchen table. I then put 4 bed risers I had onto the end, and threw another plywood that was 2 feet long and 4 feet wide on top. Built a ramp up to it, and we played a game of defenders, or something? My teammate and I were below, and had to fight our way up the ramp. I really didn't pay much attention to the rules...I'm still in the "just kill things" phase.

show a picture of it
One of these days I need to stop being lazy and find a new image hosting site since Photobucket turned to junk, but I found a picture online that matches what I have:

Warhammer-40k-Imperial-Knight-on-sprue-Warden.jpg

8D
get hype. You mentioned before that youre going to make him the mainpiece of your army, right? You should look into magnetizing his arms/weapons so youre not stuck with one configuration
Yeah. I just love the look of 'em, so he is going to be main. This is my first larger unit, so I've never magnetized before. I need to jump on amazon and find some magnets. And do I need a special drill bit for plastic or anything? And last question...Do people paint these before it is 100% assembled, or put it completely together first, then paint?

Yeah. I just love the look of 'em, so he is going to be main. This is my first larger unit, so I've never magnetized before. I need to jump on amazon and find some magnets. And do I need a special drill bit for plastic or anything? And last question...Do people paint these before it is 100% assembled, or put it completely together first, then paint?

You can use a Dremel to created the holes in the arm sockets, use Green Stuff to created a backing to hold the magnet. Follow the same steps for the arms themselves(there are alot of youtube vids that are good visual tutorials on magnetizing you can look at.)

As for painting, for a guy that big you want to paint him in pieces, ie make one of the legs then paunt that through before you put him together. Although if youre using plastic glue, you dont wanna paint the parts that you glue together since plastic glue doesnt work that great on paint(so if you primer it with spray paint, have piece of tape over parts that you will for sure glue together, IE the hips/legs if you decide to paint those piece by piece)

In the end its up to you how much work you wanna put in it~!

Enosh

maxresdefault.jpg

what the hell is Lorgar holding?
his mace I think, although it's covered by that globe thing which makes it look like the globe is attached to the shaft

although Draigo is kind of like the Mary Sue of 40k
nothing is ever going to beat Iskandar Khayon for sheer mary sue-ness in 40k, the guy had a fucking rubric marine regain consciousness so he can sacrifice himself for him (on top of a special 100% loyal demon buddy, a dark eldar waifu, made Magnus bow before him and having a freaking avatar of the Emperor show up to tell him how super special he is) utter fucking bullshit character

Nazo

nothing is ever going to beat Iskandar Khayon for sheer mary sue-ness in 40k, the guy had a fucking rubric marine regain consciousness so he can sacrifice himself for him (on top of a special 100% loyal demon buddy, a dark eldar waifu, made Magnus bow before him and having a freaking avatar of the Emperor show up to tell him how super special he is) utter fucking bullshit character

I've never heard of this guy, and now I wish I hadn't...

his mace I think, although it's covered by that globe thing which makes it look like the globe is attached to the shaft

wait so this guy was above primarch level?

Bradach

do tanks get any benefits by being death guard (or any other chaos type)? They don't get disgustingly resilient for example, do they?

My full painted Dark Angels so far! Got Redemptor Dread, Reivers and Agressors on the table next though! :D
That's some army. A lot of points there I'd say!

Nazo

I've come to the conclusion I REALLY don't like painting models black. They are just far too hard to highlight and you lose so much depth to the model. I've been thinking of painting any black models I do a dark grey then giving them a wash of Nuln Oil a few times to get them closer to black but still keeping the recessed details more visually obvious.

On a different note. I've finally decided how I'm going to paint my Primaris Marines. I'm going to make them Blood Ravens! I was going to make them my own chapter but since my homebrew chapter's primary color is black...I decided against it. That and they'll look nice with my Gabriel Angelos model.

Anyone have any recommendations for anything similar to Humbrol Maskol? Something I can "paint" onto my model when I'm airbrushing to protect parts of it, that I can peel off after?

Ended up buying Grafix Incredible White Mask Liquid Frisket.

Mikeside

those intercessors and hellblasters are such good looking models. Love the poses.

Just got done painting my starter set Hellblasters & I'm quite happy with how they turned out.

I don't have a patch on most of you fellas, but I'm definitely noticing improvement

those intercessors and hellblasters are such good looking models. Love the poses.

Just got done painting my starter set Hellblasters & I'm quite happy with how they turned out.

I don't have a patch on most of you fellas, but I'm definitely noticing improvement

I haven't been very active on GAF or painting because of the little fella, but yes, your painting has improved. He looks good and I love the plasma coils!

Thanks!
How's life as a parent? What's it been, 3 months now?

Almost five months now!

It's pretty great. He grows so fast it feels like each week he looks or does something new.

Goes without saying I have a lot less time for my hobbies now, but I had too much time on my hands before to be honest so it's all good. And in just a few years we'll be painting together with the guy I hope!

Mindwipe

didn't they just use that art?

rip chaos

Honestly I'm not sure that many of the new codexes are going to be full rewrites as we've had in the past. If they're really going to get out twenty in eighteen months I imagine most of them might just be the 7th ed codex with a page of rewritten fluff about the new status quo, some new photo stills with Primaris opponents, and an 8th ed ruleset.

It's one of the reasons I think we might see Ad Mech, Knights and Genestealer cults in the next batch, since I imagine they'll get very little work.

Anyone at all interested in Tau Fire warriors on sprues? I've been trying to sell / trade them for months now (price under Firestorm) in a Finnish hobby FB -group, but nobody seems to be interested in them.

I'd trade them for an Eldar guardian squad, for example.

Is it weird that flyers have to move every turn, yet have mostly heavy weapons that get a -1 penalty if you move? Or am I not understanding flyer rules properly?

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Is it weird that flyers have to move every turn, yet have mostly heavy weapons that get a -1 penalty if you move? Or am I not understanding flyer rules properly?

Not all flyers have to move supersonic.

Also, they ave enormous speed and usually a lot of power, they need some downsides. Flyers are very strong (in general at least).

Not all flyers have to move supersonic.

Also, they ave enormous speed and usually a lot of power, they need some downsides. Flyers are very strong (in general at least).

I like to put my stormwolfs in hover, they still move a minimum of 20".

VROOOOOM

I picked up some reivers, dissappointed the way you kit them must be absolute. you cant have 4 carbines and 6 blades. either 10 or 10.

really want to grav a grav tank but before i do i want to know how to use it with my space wolves.

maybe deepstrike in with the reivers, then when the reivers get down to 3 ~ men left pop them in the tank and have the tank take hits to hopefully prevent the squad from dying

Top Bottom