• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WarHawk PS3 was the most fun multiplayer shooter of all time and we need one for PS4

Z3M0G

I'll take a HD port with all DLC. Even though I found much of the DLC broke the game honestly... it was better before any of the DLC came out, IMO.

Flight battles in the game were just so good! And the ground combat was fun as well.

Yes, this needs a native PS4 release.

Went into warhawk thinking I'd prefer the ground combat. Ended up doing dog fights almost exclusively.

Yeah, it's one the most thrill you'll get in dogfights in online shooter. Flying is surprisingly very easy to get into (and fun to master), and hovering and shooting is a blast! You'll actually get kills while flying (unlike other games where the realism aspect stretches the difficulty scale and discourages players from flying).

cebri.one

lOpJgM.gif

One of the best MP of last gen along with KZ2. Been calling it for awhile that Sony needs to do a remaster of WH and KZ2 for PS4. I will buy for $40 each. Such an amazing experience and great memories I have of these MP games.

PS: No Starhawk please...that was shit.

YoungOne

One of the best MP of last gen along with KZ2. Been calling it for awhile that Sony needs to do a remaster of WH and KZ2 for PS4. I will buy for $40 each. Such an amazing experience and great memories I have of these MP games.

PS: No Starhawk please...that was shit.
I'd buy it Warhawk was alot of fun.

Flying did feel fantastic, but I could never really get the hang of it because other people were so much better that I was just constantly taken out. Levels seemed too big and it always felt like there was no real teamwork. I would love a Warhawk game that had more of the teamplay and gameplay mechanics of Battlefield, but with the ship control and aesthetic of Warhawk.

Man, I really miss the experimental and innovative multiplayer shooters the PS3 and the 2006-2009 era had in general.

Sony doesn't need to remaster Warhawk or Killzone 2 if you ask me, they need to recapture the lightning in the bottle once more like they did with those two. Non-formulaic multiplayer with a high playercount in a match that's cozy as fuck and uses a server-browser with custom games instead of forced matchmaking.

Seriously bugs me so much how we went from Warhawk to Starhawk and Killzone 2 to Killzone 3. Like, what happened?!

tr00per

I feel obligated to post in this thread like I do in every Warhawk thread, to +1 and also to defend Starhawk. Yes, they aren't the same but Starhawk is great in its own right and very innovative.

But yes. A simple port with all dlc would be an insta-buy . However, the extra mile would be appreciated:

-resolution bump
-updated textures
-7.1 support
-headset profile
-allow combined DLC
-new customization items
-ps4 party support

And going above and beyond:

-new levels
-single player missions
-new modes
-Starhawk getting the same treatment with 4 player splitscreen
-mouse support?

reasonably, the focus should be on a port, and then if that sells enough, we could justify a sequel

As a side note I always thought it would be cool to expand Warhawk into nautical vehicles. 2 person speedboats, small battleships with AA guns, aircraft carriers (complete with landing strips, possibly spawn points). A cool level could have them moving around a string of islands. Just a thought...

FeD.nL

Man, I really miss the experimental and innovative multiplayer shooters the PS3 and the 2006-2009 era had in general.

Sony doesn't need to remaster Warhawk or Killzone 2 if you ask me, they need to recapture the lightning in the bottle once more like they did with those two. Non-formulaic multiplayer with a high playercount in a match that's cozy as fuck and uses a server-browser with custom games instead of forced matchmaking.

Seriously bugs me so much how we went from Warhawk to Starhawk and Killzone 2 to Killzone 3. Like, what happened?!

"Expand the audience"

Top Bottom