• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wario Ware Smooth Moves... :/

jwj442

koam said:
So there's no record mode for any of the mini-games? How's the replayability on this game? I want to pick up a game that i will be playing for a while (i'm still playing wii sports and brain age after all this time).
Well, there's still high scores for each set of microgames, which I think is where most of Warioware's replay value comes from. Some of the unlockable minigames are rather good, too.

Bebpo

Banned
Finished it and it's....ok. Much better than Touched, but it shares the same problems as Touched, mainly that's it's incredibly easy even on lvl.2 and most lvl.3s. The original two WW games and Rhythm Tengoku are pretty challenging on the higher levels and what makes it fun is the frantic rush to get it right. SM is sorta missing that :\

The kelorie thing and the elephant thing both rock and are quite fun, but the stories were a joke and almost impossible to lose on your first try.

IS keeps making WW for beginners and that's really the biggest fault of them working with the franchise.

Also while most of the games worked quite well control-wise, I think a few had some wonky issues like the Conducter game under 8-bit or the sumo tapping game in the waiter pose.

Koomaster

Bebpo said:
Also while most of the games worked quite well control-wise, I think a few had some wonky issues like the Conducter game under 8-bit or the sumo tapping game in the waiter pose.
Yeah, the Conductor one is weird. I try to make like an A shape, swoop up, swoop down, like that, and that seems to give me the most success, but sometimes it'll just be off.

The sumo tapping game I was having problems with till I figured out you sorta have to bounce the wiimote in your hand. Now that I type this tho, I wonder if you can just tap the wiimote with your other hand to get it to work. In any case bouncing it up and down produced 100% results in actually completing that minigame.

Bebpo

Banned
Koomaster said:
Yeah, the Conductor one is weird. I try to make like an A shape, swoop up, swoop down, like that, and that seems to give me the most success, but sometimes it'll just be off.

The sumo tapping game I was having problems with till I figured out you sorta have to bounce the wiimote in your hand. Now that I type this tho, I wonder if you can just tap the wiimote with your other hand to get it to work. In any case bouncing it up and down produced 100% results in actually completing that minigame.

Any tips for Samurai pose WAKE UP lvl. 3? I can't even get it to register a single slap half the time :\

AntMurda said:
IS only co-developed Wario Smooth Moves. The original team is still heavily involved.

That probably explains why it's better than Touched.

AntMurda

IS only co-developed Wario Smooth Moves. The original team is still heavily involved.]/quote]

I checked the credits on Moby Games and the core Nintendo team is the main development group on all the Wario Wares. The original had no IS involvement. The sequels have since had IS providing some programming and some art but its still Sakamoto, Abe, Kawamoto and a bunch of Nintendo guys at the healm.

The same team did Rhythm Heaven without the extra IS guys.

robot

salva said:
i feel like buying this game when the price goes down. i want it so bad...

There's a coupon floating around for $10 off any game $39.99 and up at bestbuy - found it on CAG a few days ago. I used that plus a rewards zone cert. and got it for $36. Great game though doesn't seem as complete as the original/twisted. Maybe I haven't unlocked everything yet (did finish it though).

EDIT: heres the coupon

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
Koomaster said:

You are supposed to tap the remote with your other hand.

jwj442

I haven't filled up all the player profile slots yet. When I do, does another page open? If not, that's pretty annoying. I have a group of friends (lots of non-gamers) who I play Wii with pretty often, and I already filled up 7 slots.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Great King Bowser said:
You are supposed to tap the remote with your other hand.
But it tells you to use the waiter form, doesn't it? So you're supposed to bounce it on one hand.

ksamedi

icecream said:
But it tells you to use the waiter form, doesn't it? So you're supposed to bounce it on one hand.

You hold it in the waiter pose, and tap it with the other hand, works perfectly.

robot said:
There's a coupon floating around for $10 off any game $39.99 and up at bestbuy - found it on CAG a few days ago. I used that plus a rewards zone cert. and got it for $36. Great game though doesn't seem as complete as the original/twisted. Maybe I haven't unlocked everything yet (did finish it though).

EDIT: heres the coupon
They'll just take that printed coupon? The "No copies" thing at the bottom hasn't stopped anyone?

hyp

okay... two gripes with this game. 1st, it's too damn short. 2nd, wtf is up w/ having to unlock multiplayer? that's some bullshit right there. i bought this on saturday and brought it home to my family expecting we'd be able to jump directly into multiplayer only to find out that i had to unlock the damn mode first. and to think the rayman team were the only ones stupid enough to do it.

otherwise, it's fun, inventive and definitely gives you a good idea what to expect for future control methods of wii games. those two gripes i have are big deals to me though.

I took this round to my girlfriends this weekend. She lives with four other girls.

Ladies love Wario. And I love making them play the dancing boss stage.

sp0rsk said:
I predict this game will get 7's in online and print reviews and that's about what I'd give it. It's a meh Wario Ware game, and an average video game.

WarioWare: Smooth Moves - WII

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avg Ratio: 81%
Based On 23 Media Outlets
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/932946.asp

Sorry, but thanks for playing . . . . Johnny, tell him what his consolation prize is.

Bebpo said:
Unlocked everything (I think?). Still playing it every day because it's so damn fun.

I love the Wii!
Is there more to unlock after Dr. Crygor and the Elephant? It looks like one minigame is missing (bottom right of the minigames area).
Been playing it everyday as well, it's a great game.

Bo130 said:
A last minigame is revealed when you get all the minigames (hinted at on the town message board).
Thx, I thought I got all the minigames. I need to look at that messageboard from time to time I guess.

Phife Dawg said:
Is there more to unlock after Dr. Crygor and the Elephant? It looks like one minigame is missing (bottom right of the minigames area).
Been playing it everyday as well, it's a great game.

Yep. there's more. 3 more elephants and something after the 4th.

Then the all-minigames thing. Look at the temple and the "Forms"-Page where you can see which form the missing minigames belong to so that you can play the according story Character stage.

:Motorbass said:
Yep. there's more. 3 more elephants and something after the 4th.

Then the all-minigames thing. Look at the temple and the "Forms"-Page where you can see which form the missing minigames belong to so that you can play the according story Character stage.
Ah OK so i have to get all the microgames to get more. Hmm been playing the stages but I usually only get around 50 or so and then crap out. Time to get better I guess.

Phife Dawg said:
Ah OK so i have to get all the microgames to get more. Hmm been playing the stages but I usually only get around 50 or so and then crap out. Time to get better I guess.
you have to play the elephants too ;]

Great King Bowser said:
For the conductor game, try rotating the remote so that it's in the 'finger food' position.

I just quickly move the wiimote 2 inches left and right as fast as I can, almost like I am scribbling. works everytime

Phife Dawg said:
I thought those were just all games combined sort of stages. Man I really need to pay more attention :).
Well yeah. Finishing a certain amount of stages in Elephant #1 unlocks #2; etc...
#4 unlocks something different.

sammy

----- anyone else having WarioWare drop the 2nd player controller?

durring the Wii menue, i can get both 1st and 2nd player wiimotes recognized ------ in either order.

but as soon as i boot the game up, the 2nd wiimote won't pick up --- flashes then just shuts off.

woxel1

sammy said:
----- anyone else having WarioWare drop the 2nd player controller?

durring the Wii menue, i can get both 1st and 2nd player wiimotes recognized ------ in either order.

but as soon as i boot the game up, the 2nd wiimote won't pick up --- flashes then just shuts off.
That's because WarioWare doesn't use more than one Wiimote. Strange but true. The multiplayer games have you passing the thing like a hot potato, and occasionally the second player is holding the "Balance Stone," but multi play is largely regulated to one controller.

sammy

--- oh... how do you even select multiplayer? i can't get the little buss to move over, or able to highlight the newspaper icon

Glass Joe

sammy said:
--- oh... how do you even select multiplayer? i can't get the little buss to move over, or able to highlight the newspaper icon

as mentioned in most reviews, you have to unlock multiplayer by beating single player first. kinda stupid... as most reviews state, too.

Top Bottom